Register

Author Topic: RPGVO 2022 Round 6:Winners Semi/Losers 3 - LORD FIGHT LORD FIGHT LORD FIGHT  (Read 681 times)

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3)
Yuna (FFX) vs Fou Lu (BoF4)

Losers:
Ryu (BoF3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea)
Simeon (Octopath) vs. Sephiroth (FF7)

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Lyon (Suiko5)
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2)
X (MMX:CM) vs. Margulis (XS2)

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2)
Roy (FE6) vs. Byleth (FE3H)

Losers:
Lich (FF1) vs. Koromaru (P3)
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3)

LIGHT

Winners:
Geela (TriStrat) vs. Locke (FF6)
Ryudo (G2) vs. Guile (CC)

Losers:
Sten (BoF2) vs. Natan (SH3)
Aika (SoA) vs. Zell Dincht (FF8)
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: RPGVO 2022 Round 6:Winners Semi/Losers 3 - LORD FIGHT LORD FIGHT LORD FIGHT
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 02:31:33 AM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3): 4D Pocket. May just 2HKO anyway. Enjoy your Godlike championship, Belial.
Yuna (FFX) vs Fou Lu (BoF4): Fou-Lu just is not the type of boss who matches up well against Yuna at all... like, aeonless gives him some pretty serious headaches, even (I think he probabiy wins that with a turn 1 Dark Wave, but he's in big trouble if he doesn't).

Losers:
Ryu (BoF3) vs. Lamington (Disgaea): This is.... not close.
Simeon (Octopath) vs. Sephiroth (FF7): Whereas this kinda is? Just going with my kneejerk, Sephiroth having a lot more speed seals it. Gets ugly if anything he has is seen as corresponding to knives. I'm all ears if anyone wants to make an argument.

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Lyon (Suiko5): Lyon probably only 4HKOs with her physical, that does not cut it.
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3): There's maybe a glimmer of an argument that Reclaimer misses the instant double and Nel one-shots him, but that's a fair bit of respect to give Nel's speed.

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2): Surely?
X (MMX:CM) vs. Margulis (XS2): I... think. Tough slugfest.

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2): Bart can stack evasion to deal with most of Kazan's stuff and has ways to avoid a Mystic Art. Might be underestimating Kazan's magic though?
Roy (FE6) vs. Byleth (FE3H): uh I'll get back to you.

Losers:
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3): Don't... think Stocke has a way to avoid backstabs? Maybe with switch hype, but I've never been terribly inclined towards that.

LIGHT

Winners:
Geela (TriStrat) vs. Locke (FF6): Geela damage is sad, wow.
Ryudo (G2) vs. Guile (CC): Surely, right?

Losers:
Sten (BoF2) vs. Natan (SH3): uh... close slugfest? May look up numbers later.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:37:49 AM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3) - Instadoubles, should 2HKO with Tank Drop.
Yuna (FFX) vs Fou Lu (BoF4) - And Belial gets to repeat this next week.

Losers:
Simeon (Octopath) vs. Sephiroth (FF7) - If Elf is kneejerking this way I'm not about to argue

HEAVY

Winners:

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2)

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - I'd think so.
Roy (FE6) vs. Byleth (FE3H) - oh i was looking at the wrong roy numbers all this time whoops.  Leaning Byleth in light of this?  Sublime Heaven's gonna be a bad time if it crits and considering Byleth is doubling here and 3RKOing with SCS...

Losers:
Lich (FF1) vs. Koromaru (P3) - In fairness Koro should just OHKO NES Lich but FF1 weakness only being 1.5x means he misses it against DoS Lich so Lich gets to pet the dog.
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) - uh unless someone wants to either convince me that Dead Fencer can OHKO and Stocke can build up for it or that that this is like the one fight where a non-sleep abusing RH character can leverage turn switching worth a damn here (RICHARD stuffing Action Replay makes me skeptical of this)...

LIGHT

Winners:
Geela (TriStrat) vs. Locke (FF6) - Congrats on making it to the semis, Geela.

Losers:

Rest later.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 03:24:50 AM by Random Consonant »

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 02:38:43 AM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3) - Two Tank Drops kills Shania before she can even act.  That's about as comprehensive of a Belial victory as is possible.

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - Forces Lyon to slug with basic physicals, which run into Defense Up and Counter.  Averagish damage is not going to cut it here.
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - all of my regrets.

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2)

Losers:
Lich (FF1) vs. Koromaru (P3) - Will go first more than likely, can probably OHKO off of hitting Lich's bad stat+fire weakness?  Dog is on a rampage here.
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) - I don't think RH has a death blocker.  I could be wrong, but if it doesn't, Stocke's likely not winning this one.

LIGHT

is truly epic indeed.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 03:58:47 AM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3) - Math checked, Belial 2HKOs before Shania gets a turn even without 4D pocket.

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) vs. Kazan (Legaia 2) - So I can't actually vote on this match, but it caught my eye, and I decided to do some napkin math in favor of Kazan in chat.
Let's see...  If Kazan does go for the Cyclone Doublet, he outspeeds Bart (since my 1 SD = 20% means that Kazan would have 101.6% speed), he could...  Maybe not get 2HKOed and get some free damage off first.
(Even as low as 10% per SD would let him outspeed.)

Okay, assuming Cyclone Doublet lets him outspeed...  And that he starts a match with 0 AP...  He has 13 Art Blocks, so DDDUUURRULRUD gives Double Fists, Double Kick, Critical Thrust, and Skyshaker ending at +6 AP.  Eyeballing damages of some other things, that would land at...  ~15K damage, with the topic saying he'd have about a 30% chance each of ID and Stun.

The difference between 14K or 15K doesn't matter too much.  What matters is that Bart has to use Blue Cologne first or just lose from that, Kazan uses Earth Power #1 for another 11700, Bart smacks him with the Black Snake and after that Kazan 3HKOs with Earth Power regardless, and this is before factoring in that Bart takes a lot more damage from magic.  Someone want to check my math on that?

LIGHT

Losers:
Sten (BoF2) vs. Natan (SH3) - Someone else can do this math, this makes my head hurt, on top of me trying to decide if I still allow Natan having Paralysis 3 on his weapon (personal quest boss reward).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:01:07 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 03:19:43 PM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3) - Belial versus a PC with no ejection blocker

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT) vs. Lyon (Suiko5) - Pretty sure NEB is right with this. Lyon is spoiled since her skills and large damage output are all tied to the Twilight Rune. Take that out and her physical game isn't much better than Miakis. That's not going to work against W8.
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3) - More insta-doubling 2HKO shenanigans. This is going to be a common theme for the rest of this tournament.

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2) - EDIT: Tested tonight and Photo Silhouette does indeed work based on Raze's status in-game. So if he becomes stunned, then his double will also be stunned. This means he's in a similar position to X a couple of weeks ago. He gets the 1st turn, but can't capitalize and then dies as Millenia proceeds to lock him down forever. Raze does have some elemental blocking but he can't block Wind and Fire at the same time so Millenia will always have a low MP efficient spell to wreck him. 

X (MMX:CM) vs. Margulis (XS2) - Probably. X-Heart does a lot of work here to push past the later stages of the fight when Margulis is likely to have Stock/Boosts built up. Early on, X is pretty safe to accumulate more WE so he can go for a damaging push a bit later. Clones are an option for Margy, but the fact that they take way more damage + X being able to MT with Charge Shot (even if not the best use of his WE) means whatever benefit they can bring is likely quickly offset.

MIDDLE

Winners:
Roy (FE6) vs. Byleth (FE3H) - Very strong kneejerk. It is possible that Roy's SoS OPB Healing can help him stay afloat (since it means he doesn't need to trigger a counter), but he's already being doubled, 2 range here doesn't matter and Byleth has Windswept making defensive stalling useless. I suppose the numbers can line up to favor Roy, but I just don't feel it.

Losers:
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) - Spy vs. Spy except one is in disguise. You're not a Spy - you are RICHARD Hawk.

LIGHT

Winners:
Ryudo (G2) vs. Guile (CC) - Ryudo isn't very special, but I have to imagine he has this. Guile's also limited in his techs and unlike Ryudo, he has to build up to them first. He can't use his level 7 on turn 1, which puts him behind in the damage race.

Losers:
Aika (SoA) vs. Zell Dincht (FF8) - The 100% Confuse weapon forces Zell to use basic physicals forever, which means that he can never actually activate a limit. So Aika just pokes him to death extremely slowly while healing inbetween.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:24:14 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 05:35:32 PM »
GODLIKE

Winners:
Belial (WA4)vs. Shania (SH3)

Losers:
Ryu (BoF3)
vs. Lamington (Disgaea)

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT)
vs. Lyon (S5)

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2)-unsure, abstain for now.
X (MMX:CM) vs. Margulis (XS2)- unless X had more multi target damage than I remember.

LIGHT

Winners:
Ryudo (G2)
vs. Guile (CC)

Losers:
Aika (SoA)
vs. Zell Dincht (FF8
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:37:37 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 10:54:20 PM »
Winners:
Belial (WA4) vs. Shania (SH3)

Losers:

HEAVY

Winners:
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)

MIDDLE

Winners:
I think Roy is probably in trouble taken at lvl. 5 without giving him a lot of unrestricted Binding Blade charges.  Taken at lvl. 9...  Roy deals 0.44 PCHP to average defense (at lvl. 5, 0.42 PCHP).  Byleth is listed at 1.11 PDur, so regens 0.22 "PDur" every round.  Assuming no evasion (Roy is quite accurate) / crest procs, that means Roy wins in almost exactly (3*0.22 + 0.44 = 1.10) four rounds, five rounds at lvl. 5, and possibly still 5 rounds if being strict on that 0.01 missing.  Taking time off for healing (if allowed) is damaging, though; that gives a free Renewal charge, so that's more like 5 rounds of offense + 1 round of healing = 6 rounds to win.  But if the battle is going on that long, then the odds of Byleth getting a Crest of Flames proc for free healing dramatically go up, and Roy probably has to overuse the Binding Blade for however many charges he's allocated then (and gets in real trouble downgrading to a Silver Sword).  So interestingly enough, Roy's healing game may not matter much, unless he's given 10+ charges unrestricted.  He might just be YOLO attacking.

Can Byleth win in 4 turns?  And who goes first?  Roy is 6 move to a 6.6 average...  Byleth is 6 move in EO, but the average is unclear.  Move average is probably pushed downward by a wave of uncharacteristic 5-move DL Swordmasters for units that would usually be in higher move classes (SM Ferdinand rather than 8 move Paladin, SM Lysithea rather than 6 move Gremory, etc.).  Roy is rather tanky, especially at lvl. 9, and the damage average in the 3H is sky-high.  Silver Sword Windsweep is 0.24 PCHP damage (but gives up the ability to counterattack), Sublime Creator Sword WS is 0.26 PCHP and a healthy crit chance (but will break the SCS in no time flat), a Brave Sword or Sublime Heaven finisher is 0.39 PCHP, and a SCS regular attack double is 0.47 PCHP (but will eat a counterattack, at least assuming Roy hasn't broken the Binding Blade already).  To maximize Renewal, Byleth really prefers the Windsweep options, no need to hurry up Roy's clock by inviting counterattacks.  Level 9 Roy is 1.47 PDurability (Level 5 is 1.22 PDurability).  So we're talking ~4 Windsweeps into a Finisher vs. lvl. 9, or ~3 Windsweeps into a finisher at lvl. 5.

Anyway, probably narrowly Byleth.  If everything goes Roy's way (he's seen as barely exactly 4HKOing through Renewal rather than 5HKOing, no crests fire, no Byleth crits fire, Byleth uses the Silver Sword some to conserve SCS charges) he wins.  However,  despite Roy's good luck, Byleth has good luck too, and their crit chances are generally better, especially when using the Sublime Creator Sword.  Byleth is also gambling on Crest of Flames activations.  Seems like a little too much that can go wrong for Roy, but a very close match.

Losers:
Stocke (RH) vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3)
Considering Chameleon Man can't do anything, I would be inclined to let Stocke arrange a turn order that's just himself and not let Chameleon Man's "counter" kick in until the end of Stocke's chain.  Obviously he loses otherwise, but I don't think a lot can interrupt RH "combos".

LIGHT

Winners:

Losers:
Natan is reasonably tanky and Sten's resources are sharply limited, so think he runs out of gas?
Aika (SoA) vs. Zell Dincht (FF8)
Even if Zell is allowed to block Confuse, he has an uphill battle here...  Aika can stall very easily, get to 25 SP, and finish Zell off that way.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 10:56:44 PM by SnowFire »

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Match Results:

GODLIKE:

Winners:
Belial (WA4) ||||||| vs. Shania (SH3)
Yuna (FFX) |||| vs Fou Lu (BoF4)

Losers:
Ryu (BoF3) || vs. Lamington (Disgaea)
Simeon (Octopath) vs. Sephiroth (FF7) ||||

HEAVY

Winners:
Worker 8 (FFT) |||||| vs. Lyon (Suiko5)
Reclaimer Dragon (WA4) |||| vs. Nel Zelpher (SO3)

Losers:
Raze (MK2) vs. Millenia (G2) ||
X (MMX:CM) || vs. Margulis (XS2) |

MIDDLE

Winners:
Bartholomew Fatima (XG) || vs. Kazan (Legaia 2)
Roy (FE6) vs. Byleth (FE3H) ||

Losers:
Lich (FF1) | (TIEBREAKER) vs. Koromaru (P3) |
Stocke (RH) | vs. CHAMELEON MAN (WA3) ||||

LIGHT

Winners:
Geela (TriStrat) vs. Locke (FF6) ||||
Ryudo (G2) |||| vs. Guile (CC)

Losers:
Sten (BoF2) vs. Natan (SH3) ||
Aika (SoA) ||| vs. Zell Dincht (FF8)