Author Topic: Futurama 2020 Season 1, Week 2  (Read 1538 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2020 Season 1, Week 2
« on: May 10, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Emily (Suikoden III) vs Edelgard von Hresvelg (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II)

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel)
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland)

Middle

Oengus (Child of Light) vs Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)
Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)
Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Karol Capel (Tales of Vesperia)
Bob (Suikoden II) vs Mae (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)

Light

Mustadio Bunansa (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Culotte (La Pucelle Tactics)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)
Laguna Liore (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Linhardt von Hevring (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Shady (Wild ARMs 3) vs Camille (Celestian Tales: Old North)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2020 Season 1, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 11:20:51 PM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) - As low as my Garm respect is, it's surely higher than my Altima respect.
Emily (Suikoden III) vs Edelgard von Hresvelg (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Think even if Emily doesn't double, the evasion trips Edie up in a bad way since her own accuracy isn't great to begin with.  If Emily does double, well then that's just terrible.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II) - hard pass

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel) - e: right, Sara's S-Craft does inflict faint, forgot about that (in fairness, forgetting about status infliction in ToCS)... and yeah S-Craft -> Purgatorial Flame x2 is barely fatal by the kill point I use (50788, the highest listed in Tide's stat topic) and Faint shouldn't wear off before then.  (leading off with Purgatorial Flame is suicide, -0.5 SD isn't so slow that Mazus won't get a turn before it goes off)

Middle

Bob (Suikoden II) vs Mae (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) - Mae is pretty physically frail and can't quite deal enough damage fast enough here.

Light

Laguna Liore (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Linhardt von Hevring (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) - Don't think Linhardt can dodge a limit to save his life here.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:28:40 AM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 11:27:36 PM »
Emily doubles and KO's Edelgard.  Let's be nice and assume that she doesn't KO, though.  Emily's above average HP means that Edelgard needs to connect with with at least 3/4 of her Silver Axe+ counterattack, Raging Storm, and both Brave Axe hits to win round 1.  All of which have sub-average Hit, especially Brave Axe+.  And Emily is really dodgy.  And Emily has one of the best Stun rates and if she procs it Edelgard just loses.  Maaaaybe Edelgard can win with only 2 hits if she gets a Crest proc somewhere in there?  That can only happen on the Raging Storm though, or if she does a Silver Axe+ Smash rather than a Brave Axe swing.  Actually, now that I think about it, Emily's great evasion might very well mean that the +20 Hit on Smash means that counter -> Raging Storm -> Smash is probably the right call here.  The 3H killpoint is so high that Edie really needs all 3 to connect though and still no Stun, so..  yeah no.  And that's assuming she lives to her own turn!

Heavy

Well, Sara dies horribly if Mazus ever gets a turn.  Purgatorial Flame -> S-Craft -> Purgatorial Flame should be a kill though, if the 70 CT debt Sara incurs from spell -> S-Craft isn't so much as to knock her after Mazus's second turn...  the Faint did only last 1 turn, right?  I forget, it was 1-turn vs. bosses at least but unsure if it was longer for randos.  Anyway, idk about hyping this too much, but Mazus is sufficiently slow that I'm willing to say Sara might just burst him out, but could be convinced - Tide / Random / Dhyer /etc. , any thoughts?  (It's 90 CT for the 3 turn damage average with S-Crafts, meaning "turn 2" is around 60-65 CT or so?  And Mazus is slow, so he's higher than that?  But it's 70 CT minimum, Sara also has the CT spent getting her turn...  she might need a longer Faint after all.)

Middle

Rabbid Peach needs 5 turns to kill Oengus.  Between delay chance and random ID chance, think that's a bit too much time.

Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrik (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)
Dekar absolutely cannot stop Hendrik from buffing up to being a massive physical tank and buffing his own offense.  It's annoying busting past his IP healing but worst comes to worst, wait for Pep Up which suddenly makes Hendrik fast.  Or use Axe defense debuffing too, Hendrik has lots of time here.

Bob flat OHKO's Mae after transforming, so she only gets one turn. 

Light

Culotte kills REALLY SLOWLY.  Mustadio...  he can't be worse than a 3HKO here, can he?  Shoot him once, then spam Arm Aim.  Culotte can't just accept a heal lock, so he needs to go aggro, but once Arm Aim hits, Mustadio shoots him twice more and wins.  Or hell, even if Mustadio has a 4HKO, that's fine, he might get a double for 3 turns in a row of shooting Culotte after he can't heal.

Headache.  This match takes eons as Tear wants to pressure Chahn than Mystic Arte her, while Chahn wants to build up to a 300% style Burst.  Sadly, I'm not sure EITHER of these options will actually kill, and both have theoretically infinite resources (although Tear doesn't like switching to physicals to restore TP).  Probably Chahn?

Laguna Liore (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Linhardt von Hevring (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Laguna sits around doing nothing.  Linhardt's bad damage can't help but knock him into desparation range.  If Linhardt refuses to engage, he loses after 100 turns!  (Came up in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGsnC0Um4c , which was linked recently...  Byleth solo couldn't beat Conand Tower in 99 turns, RIP, try again.)

It's Shady.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 11:37:40 PM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel) - The Faint lasts for 3 turns on non-boss enemies from my recent playthroughs.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland)

Middle

Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)
Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Karol Capel (Tales of Vesperia) - Surely Karol doesn't have the damage for this, right?

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:15:35 AM »
Godlike

Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II)- So funny. The Dark One might be the best Godlike that Soul Rend beats.

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel)- Yep, Faint is 3 turns.
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)- Defense and such
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer)- Uh...so how durable would Fencer be with the right move?

Middle

Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- Super and I have talked a fair amount about this. It's a bit of a mess. Hendrik is trying to lock down with Paralysis because even with Double Up and defense breaking, he can't kill Dekar in a hit. Is Scrap Mettle defense down permanent? If so that helps a lot since there's a lot of juggling durations otherwise.
Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Karol Capel (Tales of Vesperia)- Blade Grasp should take care of this.

Light

Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)- Chahn has
Unleash->Heal->Sniper (4548 ITD Damage)->Heal->Silver Bullets->Revive->Orbital Burst (11899)
where I see the kill point of 12,399, so that should be enough.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 02:52:06 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume): Garm probably wins in two actions to me offhand? I doubt Altima gets two turns before then.
Xorn (Grandia III) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Definitely don't think Dorothy is this good.
Emily (Suikoden III) vs Edelgard von Hresvelg (Fire Emblem: Three Houses): Emily's win rate against evadable physicals is pretty psychotic unless she's counter-spoiled really hard, and that's not the case here.

Heavy

Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer): EDIT: See Pyro below. I doubt I have that much respect for high subtractive defence but it's enough to handle Vayne.

Middle

Oengus (Child of Light) vs Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle): Oengus is vulnerable to Honey so he loses half his turns to status, and he's basically not winning until he gets ID which is 15% so turn ~7 which means turn ~14. Yeah no.
Bob (Suikoden II) vs Mae (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia): I guess. Feels wrong.

Light

Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine): Probably.
Laguna Liore (Final Fantasy VIII) vs Linhardt von Hevring (Fire Emblem: Three Houses): Linhardt chips Laguna until he's two hits from death, stares blankly. I force both to attack, Linhardt counters and kills. The 99 turn thing is funny, but... no, I'm not inclined to consider it. There's also a pretty decent chance Laguna doesn't get a limit when he's one hit from death anyway, Linhardt deals 28% so if he can chip carefully to around there, that's definitely a danger zone for FF8 characters where the chance to get a limit in time is shaky.
Shady (Wild ARMs 3) vs Camille (Celestian Tales: Old North): Probably. Shady has an argument here involving evade but he needs a lot of numbers to fall his way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:23:53 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 03:24:03 AM »
Dhyer: Scrap Mettle's debuff is not permanent, it's about 4 turns IIRC.  However, I really can't see Dekar surviving once Hendrik gets Pep'd Up.  Hendrik's agility is multiplied by 2.5, meaning he's now authentically fast ( +0.70 std dev) vs. a sluggish Dekar, and Pep Up lasts awhile (~8 turns or so).  His critical hit rate is buffed as well.  So Hendrik, upon getting Pep'd, uses Double Up, waits for 2x turns in a row, then unloads 2x Gyrfalcon Slashes.  That's 2100 damage with no crits by the stat topic (~1.38 PCHP by the 3 turn killpoint).  Tough Hide Dekar has 1.42 PCHP in the stat topic with mildly above average defense.  That's 8 chances for a mini-crit that Hendrik is getting, and one mini-crit is probably enough to put Dekar away?  Alternatively just grab a Greatsword, which should do ~1.50 PCHP damage with 2x Unbridled Blades, although no crits and arguably might nudge the damage average up a little.  So don't think Hendrik needs to fish for some perfect confluence of buffs & debuffs.  (And Buff-the-defense-buff-spell + Hurt Converter ensures he'll survive to get pep'd up.)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 10:47:12 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- Surely. I remember fighting Garm but nothing in specifics other than Ancel returning. It doesn't take much to own Altima however.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II)- The Dark One is explicitly weak to gravity damage in game; it's by far the best way of dealing with him. So while this is strange at first blush, yep. It's also funny.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)-Kneejerk Blessing of Light as being enough; Mother Brain had damage problems.

Middle

Oengus (Child of Light) vs Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- Honey strikes me as fairly DL useless- oooh right, Child of Light was  game where don't move mattered. That's cute. (can't vote as I didn't finish COL)

Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- Hendrik has too many things to juggle here. Dekar has the advantage of being faster outside of pep up (-_-) and Dekar's own attack down debuff is permament. Hendrik might be able to get everything to align perfectly, but that is a lot of turns for someone with nonfull healing and a really slow limit.

Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Karol Capel (Tales of Vesperia)- I think Blade Grasp's enough.

Light

I can't vote! Yay.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:32:04 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:00:30 PM by Luther Lansfeld »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 03:47:15 PM »
Honey is FFT Don't Move, which means melee opponents can't attack (absolutely works in-game, see Smashers). It only lasts one turn so it would be pretty useless except it's attached to Rabbid Peach's best damage anyway.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 05:22:16 PM »
Godlike

Xorn (Grandia III) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): not even defend-scumming saves her.
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II): Tyrant-Astral chain smokes him.

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel): I forgot about the Faint.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer): Aurochs stance is going to have like 400% Pdur or something. (350 enemy atk, 318 def to a 198 average)

Middle

Light

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 04:25:04 AM »

Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- Hendrik has too many things to juggle here. Dekar has the advantage of being faster outside of pep up (-_-) and Dekar's own attack down debuff is permament. Hendrik might be able to get everything to align perfectly, but that is a lot of turns for someone with nonfull healing and a really slow limit.
Out of curiosity - do you mean Dekar's attack boost?  Don't see an attack down debuff in the L2 stat topic.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »
It's on his default rock helmet, it's just ordinarily useless because why would he ever use something that takes 76% IP to drop someone's attack by 1/6th.

(honestly for all I know it's still useless here because seriously that IP cost)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:08:10 PM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
Godlike

Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II)- No vote.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)- No vote.
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland)- No vote.

Middle

Oengus (Child of Light) vs Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- No vote.
Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- No vote.

Light

Mustadio Bunansa (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Culotte (La Pucelle Tactics)- a new reign of terror begins.
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)- No vote.
Shady (Wild ARMs 3) vs Camille (Celestian Tales: Old North)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2020, 11:06:35 PM »
Also, in belated replies to Elf, Oengus has MT damage that flavor-wise seems like must be ranged?  (In the same nonsensical way that Wave Fist, Air Slash, etc. are all ranged)  Granted, if he's forced to use his slower and less-damaging MT move half the time, then it's less likely even proc'ing the delay will help him win since he's putting on less pressure overall.  But it's not quite open and shut, although it probably moves the match closer to a coinflip for me.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 12:55:54 AM »
We agree that Rabbid Peach wins in 5 turns, so Oengus needs to win in four. I think you're overrating delay; it doesn't help him doubleturn since no matter what, Rabbid Peach will always get the next turn after one of his (it can't knock her turn marker back into the "negatives" like Levin's delay can, at worst they'll both be at 0 CT). Four shots at 15% ID = 48%, that shouldn't be a win even if you have more respect for status than I do (where he needs 7 to reach 67%).

(I was mentally picturing Oengus' multitarget as being more Spin Fist than Wave Fist, but obviously that's arbitrary. Also, holistically, Rabbid Peach can hide from even many ranged attacks in-game using Honey, but I wouldn't normally hype that in the DL. Oengus is melee-flavoured enough for me though. Don't have any objections to your take.)

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 01:00:54 AM »
Godlike

Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Garm (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- iiiiiii
Xorn (Grandia III)- iiiii vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Emily (Suikoden III)- iiiii vs Edelgard von Hresvelg (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iiii vs The Dark One (Arc the Lad II)

Heavy

Mazus (Suikoden II) vs Sara Valestein (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiii
Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- i vs Mother Brain (Phantasy Star II)- i RPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 2.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- i vs Fencer (Bravely Second: End Layer)- iii
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) vs Merurulince Rede Arls (Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland) RPBot: @CmdrKing rolled 2.

Middle

Oengus (Child of Light)- i vs Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle)- ii
Dekar (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- i vs Hendrick (Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age)- iii
Messam Elmdor (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii vs Karol Capel (Tales of Vesperia)
Bob (Suikoden II)- iiiii vs Mae (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)- i

Light

Mustadio Bunansa (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iii vs Culotte (La Pucelle Tactics)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine)- iii
Laguna Liore (Final Fantasy VIII)- iiii vs Linhardt von Hevring (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)- ii
Shady (Wild ARMs 3) vs Camille (Celestian Tales: Old North)- iiii