imageRegister

Author Topic: ToR Round 2 - Pool CD  (Read 2310 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
ToR Round 2 - Pool CD
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:48:50 AM »
Results

65. Wario v Dr. Emmitt Brown - Drinking Contest         IIIII II/I
66. Goku v Aya Brea - Poetry Contest            II/IIIII III
67. Darkwing Duck v Lina Inverse - Calvinball         II/IIII
68. Igor v Lenneth Valkyrie - Chicken            II/IIIII I
69. Jean-Luc Picard v Scrooge McDuck - Tightrope Walking      /IIIII IIII
70. Ramza Beoulve v White Knight Leo - Killing Everyone      IIIII IIII/I
71. Angry Video Game Nerd v Maria Renard - Being Batman      I/IIIII II
72. Totoro v Fei Fong Wong - Detonating an Asteroid in Space   /IIIII IIII

Pool CD

Match 73

Old wives tales, folklore, or just plain urban legends.  There's countless things which people simply believe without any basis in fact.  But, sometimes folks just have to prove what's real and what isn't, and do it with big ol explosions.

Our first competitor may be more at home in the kitchen than in the lab, but Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto knows how to take an ingredient, and make it sing.  And this time, his ingredient is nothing less than the truth.

But he's up against a formidable foe, Hrathen, the Durathi Gyorn who finds faith through reason.  With his keen mind, and a lifetime of debate, he'll be well suited to sift fact from fiction.

Match 74

Welcome one and all to the Dating Game!  Tonight, our lovely contestant will get to choose between two 'eligable' batchelors.

Batchelor #1 is a ten year old boy who loves to give his parents grief and go on imaginary adventures with his stuffed tiger!  He loves exploring alien worlds and random philosophy.  Just remember, however interesting the evening may be, he'll still need to be home by eight.

Batchelor #2 is older, if not more mature, and has a prestigious job as a head scientist in the field of robotics.  But don't think that she spends all of her time in a lab, she also spends a lot of time on derelict planets and virtual realities when she isn't spending time hanging out with, and learning the 'truth' behind your favourite religious figures!

Match 75

Some do it for love, and others for money.  Some seek fame, others a place in the textbooks.  None of those folk need apply, because here we seek those who do not desire science, but rather, SCIENCE!!!  Thouse who seek to do what they can simply to see if it can be done.  Who go beyond the limits lesser minds accept, be they imagination, morality, red tape, or physics.

The wierd thing is that, our first competitor is the highly skilled Dr. McNinja, but he's against someone who is less, more, and equally skilled as him all at the same time in the wierd Maya Schrodinger and her comic mimicing powers.  Convenient for her that Dr. McNinja is himself a comic character.  However, while the McNinja will be relying on his own skills, can the borrowed mastery of a Girl Genius or other Mad Scientist give Maya the edge she needs?

Match 76

Oh, Horatio!  I know not the pentamater iambic, and yet speak I must,
A monologue, a speach, where I alone doth speak.
And yet, why do I speak, whether alone or in company
And partake not of dialogue?

Art I a villain?
To twirl my moustach as I speak aloud the dire fate
Of those fools, who must be shown their foolishness?
Perhaps instead, a pre-teen mob boss, who speaks in tongues.
For whom the riches of loyalty given me by family
Is bested only by the humiliation I heap upon them.

Or perhaps a hero
A man who speaks to the world before others,
For they have not the words or the spirit that lets them rise above.
To steel my resolve before my end
And remind myself of my human soul, of pain, of wit, of art.
Before facing the future's bane, and killer automatons.
A Rebel's speech fore his long night.

Match 77

Painting, it's the kind of thing that surprising people can be good at.  Which is good, since both of our competitors today will be going at it from completely opposite angles.

Minsc is famed for his adventuring, but his strength can be used for many things, and Boo is a muse most fine!  With his trusty sidekick advising him on how to go about things, Minsc is certain to produce a picture full of manliness and energy which will kick many butts.

Against this is the more refined and precise Miles Edgeworth.  His eye for art is only surpassed by his eye for evidence.  And his keen mind can be applied to many things.  Of course, after 3-5, he may have a bit of trauma around paints.

Match 78

Sadly, this time Live Action Minesweeper isn't here to fulfill your fantasies of unliked characters getting blown sky high.  I mean, we're probably going to see some fatalities on both sides here, but nothing important.  Which means that both sides will complete their grid, it's just a question of how long to complete them.

This swinging shagadelic super spy from the sixties, is sure to show why he's the man.  After all, who else but Austin Powers, Internation Man of Mystery, can hope to deal with a dangerous assignment like this and end up with a brand new chick by the end of it.  Of course, there's going to be plenty of mistakes along the way, but it'll only be bad guys and extras getting hurt, so who really cares?

Of course, he'd better be prepared to cry some more, since he's up against the Heavy.  Unlike Austin, the Heavy is probably gonna get blown up before this is done, but it's nothing a bit of respawning won't cure.  And while he may not have the pizazz or the brains of Austin, he does have sheer brute force.

Match 79

Welcome to Junkyard Wars.  The game where two teams are given a goal and a day to go into the junkyard and find what they need in order to make their device.  Each team can also have one expert.

In an oddity, Team Neverwhere is likely to have their prime contestant also be their expert.  Angel Islington has all kinds of knowledge, and is the kind of personality who's able to sit at the base while sending out teams to accomplish his goals for him.  And, he's got a fairly good team at his disposal.  The one flaw is that he may try and get his team to build something besides what's on tap, inexchange for something a little more beneficial to him.

Against this, Team Zeon is going to be anchored by the Red Comet himself, Char Anzabel.  And while he won't have many heros to side with him, he will have a lot of the Universal Century to have alongside him, including scientists and others who're good at doing a lot of jury rigging on a moment's notice on the battlefield.  While they may not have the divine inspiration of their opponents, they will have the experience and drive that'll show off the best of humanity.

Match 80

Any idiot can successfully complete a pokemon journey.  After all, what're your opponents going to do after you level to ninty?  But the art of creating a pokemon with the perfect moveset?  Now there's something that only a true master can do.

Garland may be known mostly for knocking things down, but he's also had aeons to watch how things grow, and how they change, and he'll be putting that to good use here.

Against that is Mat Cauthon, who'll be relying not on his Ta'veren nature (except for getting the right raw materials) but on his farm upbringing.  After all, with his eye for horses and men, he'll doubtless also have a good eye for Pokemon, and be able to use that to get what he needs.

Quick Vote Form

73. Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto v Hrathen - Mythbusting
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE!
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: ToR Round 2 - Pool CD
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 04:28:32 AM »
Abstain

what is this i dont even

Abstain

...abstain

...really now.

Awating arguments.

Abstain.

*shrug*

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:57:58 AM »
Calvin's hatred of cooties means he's only playing this under duress, and he's not really this kind of charmer.  Shion has two different guys competing for her, even if one is a bit of an ass, and geek girls generally have a wide net to harvest from.  (Also, pretty sure that Calvin is "six."  Not that he acts anything like a 6-year old.)
Has "Dr." in his name.  Maya is pretty much a poseur at this.
Puniyo's work is lost in translation.
No comment.
Demomen give the Heavy a lot of experience here.  (Edit: Think there's even an achievement for shooting up sticky bombs with the shotgun, too.  Or maybe that was a Solly achievement.)
Newtypes seem to be machine-Jedi who just naturally make them awesome with BS nonsense.
When in doubt go with the spunky young 'un on a journey over the old fogey in Pokemon.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:29:41 PM by SnowFire »

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 08:51:23 AM »
For now:
80. Garland vs. Mat Cauthon - Mat is a natural lady's man, and a Ta'veren. He shows that ditto how to strut his stuff, adds a bit of his luck to the mix, and BAM. Full-on daycare center that could make the cloning facility in Star Wars cry itself to sleep at night. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow managed to get two ditto to mate and breed more ditto, creating an even bigger breeding pool.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game- Uguu.
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing- Puni puni puni puni~?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - Is someone other than Shion.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Applies the Rule of Ninja against himself so he can be clearly superior here.
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - I can't see Minsc painting anything better than, say, The Butz's work. Edgeworth at least has enough refinement that he's probably learned painting somewhere along the road to perfection.
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Has Mojo.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »
...this week's contestants are >.>;;

73. Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto v Hrathen - Mythbusting - More authoritah
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game - Less Jailbait
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE! - More cheating
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing - More PUNI~
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting - More Class
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper - Less Likely to Die
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars - More Likely to Care
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding - Created ZIDANE AND KUJA! Clearly an expert Breeder.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 04:17:14 AM »
73. Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto v Hrathen - Mythbusting: No real opinion here.
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game: At least two people clearly want to date Shion, whereas Calvin is not only six, but is very obviously a complete pest to date.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE!: Even without cheating, Maya is a nerdy bookworm underneath her many guises. This is likely up her alley.
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing: Second match in a row in which Connor faces someone who is... basically incapable of the task.
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting: An activity that requires refinement? Yeah, Edgeworth is so there.
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper: Going with the James Bond knockoff being awesome at this. Seriously, getting into a battle involving things exploding tends to end badly for everyone who isn't the charming superspy.
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars: who? .. versus who?
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding: His father's a horse breeder. Pretty sure the skills translate pretty directly.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:20:41 AM »
73. Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto v Hrathen - Mythbusting - Morimoto.  Busts cooking myths all the time, so this won't be too hard.
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game - Calvin.  Apparently Elfboy hasn't seen "To Catch a Predator".  Being 6 years old doesn't matter.  Calvin is infinitely cuter than Shion anyway.  He'd get lots of pity dates with baby-sitters.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE! - Dr. McNinja. 
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing - John.
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting - Minsc - he would paint BOO
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper - Heavy.  Sweeps mines fine in a normal game, and has the Sandvich to keep him STRONG.
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars - Angel...uh...yeah, sure
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding - Garland. 
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:53:10 AM »
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game - Shion would find a way to fuck this up.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE! - He's a Doctor.
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars - Kicks.
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding - Knocks eggs down.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 02:39:45 AM »
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game - Uses XS1 form, ditzy geek girl gets enough attention from the guys. As an aside, this probably ends up with Calvin meeting Jr. somehow, which I can't imagine ending well for anyone.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE! - I'm sorry Doc. This should be your match. But I can't get the image of Maya Heterodyne out of my head.
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting - Boo does the painting. It somehow makes millions as abstract art while Edgeworth stares on dumbfounded.
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper - Respawning is awesome like that.
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars - Usually don't vote if I don't know one, but...see SnowFire. Newtype BS makes him damn near unbeatable at this.
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding - Pokemon breeding is all about patience. As far as I'd read in WoT, that wasn't one of Mat's better traits. 
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 02:59:37 AM »
73. Iron Chef Maharu Morimoto v Hrathen - Mythbusting- Hrathen pretty much does this in-novel
74. Calvin, not Hobbes v Shion Uzuki - The Dating Game- The dating game doesn't let you see the contestants.  Without her skintight vector outfit, she wouldn't have such luck and may well be murdered by people on the street.  Calvin could not show up and outperform her.
75. Dr. McNinja v Maya Schrodinger - Doing SCIENCE!- I figure she could probably expand to web shows, and thus harnesses the power of Dr. Insano.
76. Puniyo v John Connor - Monologing- Obvious
77. Minsc v Miles Edgeworth - Painting- Obvious
78. Austin Powers v Heavy - Live Action Minesweeper- Austin could hilariously luck his way through, but it's slower than Heavy's sandvich.
79. Angel Islington v Char Anzabel - Junkyard Wars- He can actually drive whatever they make.  It will be three times faster than other Junkyard Assemblies.
80. Garland v Mat Cauthon - Pokemon Breeding- See the comments about horses.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.