Author Topic: Movies  (Read 281584 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #2575 on: March 25, 2016, 09:17:36 PM »
So BvS came out today, but I was at parent's place yesterday with my sister off from school, so I wanted to do something with her, which led to us discussing movies, and impulsively we went and saw...

Zootopia:  ...yeah, that doesn't have anything to do with what started the conversation, but it's what we saw!  Anyway, what intrigued both of us was the whole 99% on Rotten Tomatoes, which is downright absurd (90+% on Rotten Tomatoes is not unheard, and high 90s stands out...but 99% is "Wait what!? That's as close to universal praise as you can get without being literal!"), so we decided to see that.  Given the low profile nature (at least it felt low profile to me? Didn't seem marketted as much as some of Disney's other animated movies, but maybe I'm blind), I was expecting a simple yet fun and enjoyable experience...

...which is pretty much exactly what I got, so yeah, can't really complain.  Honestly, outside of being predictable, I can't really say there's anything this movie does wrong, and Mandy was quick to point out though that this IS a family film, so you kind of know it's going to be some level of predictable going in, so honestly, it's really a nitpick level flaw at best, which means you can't really hold it against the movie.

What I'm saying is it's a good movie and worth seeing if you like Disney's animated features.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

dunie

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 27, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »
Yes, Zootopia was a lot of fun. My watching experience was a bit different: in the Alamo Draughthouse and drinking wine while surrounded by families. I didn't enjoy the ending as I did the rest of the movie, and my friend and I were busy thinking about segregation and profiling that we forgot to even care about the superduperevilpersonsurprise. But, it was pretty solid and I am officially hyped for Finding Dora.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 28, 2016, 12:18:39 AM »
Batman v Superman:  Oh boy where do I start?  This is probably the worst *directed* movie of all time.  Having said that, it's not a bad movie overall.  There are some outstanding individual scenes.  Watching it you will continuously flip back and forth between "hey this is pretty cool" and "what the fuck is going on?"  This isn't a movie that you love or hate - it's a movie that you love *and* hate.  It's a 151 minute movie, and the resulting CinemaSins Youtube video will be about 145 minutes long.

Pleasant surprise of the movie was Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor.  Thought he was going to be terrible from the trailers, but he really kills it.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 28, 2016, 02:48:59 AM »
Batman v Superman v State of Ohio v Board of Education v The Entire Marvel Cinematic Universe: I wasn't expecting much going in and overall came out with the impression of the movie being simply "ok."  I enjoyed Man of Steel as a guilty pleasure, so there was some hope for this movie but eh, it's just dull and boring until the last act, and there are a number of decisions made that seem to exist purely for SHOCK VALUE!!! but they'll just end up pissing off the hardcore fans.  I also agree with Angry Joe on the notion of killing off Superman in this movie basically kills any investment you can have in future movies.  Yeah, they tease the whole OMG HEALING COMA!!! bull crap in the very last few frames, but now that we've seen Superman 'die' if he comes back, you've literally left us with nothing to look forward to.  How can we be invested in future movies if we've already seen him die once?  No, I don't buy "well they used Doomsday!" because that could have easily just been followed up with "THEN DON'T USE DOOMSDAY AS A VILLAIN!"  I'm sure there were other Non-Darkseid Villains who could have worked...heck, just make Luthor create his Not!IRon Man suit by getting access to Kryptonian Technology and powering it up with Kryptonite.  That'd have worked as a final boss, and you could have still had the "they still needed Wonder Woman's help."

Speaking of Wonder Woman, she was basically the only "teased" Super Hero that worked in this...because she actually played a role.  It was a relatively minor role, but she was actually there, and we got to see real impact with the character since she actually DID SOMETHING.  She's also the only character that was needed to get the "there are other Super Powered individuals out there besides the Kryptonians" point across; shoving in what are basically Teaser Trailers to 3 other Super Heroes is a complete waste and feels forced.  We get it, DC, you want to compete with Marvel and want to establish a foundation for characters...but there are way better ways to handle it.  While I understand not wanting to copy Marvel, frankly this is one case where copying them would make perfect sense.  Throwing in the nods here and there via single namedrops or background images gets the point across without bring too much attention to it, just "oh I see what you did there."  Like how in Incredible Hulk, they simply mention World War II Super Soldier Serum...well congrats, a single line just established Captain America is a thing in this universe, while not bringing too much attention to itself.
So I'm fine with Wonder Woman for all that I would have preferred she got formally introduced in her own movie, but at least she played an actual role; the other cameos felt forced and just a means to make trailers without actually making trailers.

In the end, if you expect the movie to suck, you'll probably hate it.  If you have any hope for this movie, you might walk out finding it alright.  What I'm saying is this movie is significantly worse than Zootopia.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 28, 2016, 04:47:56 AM »
Crimson Peak - Fluffy, generically enjoyable film with decent character work and great set pieces and outfits. Tom Hiddleston can make anyone's day, and Jessica Chastain was great.

Kingsman The Secret Service - A decent Bond action flick with a villain who I was exceedingly fond of. His conclusion about the world is one that is not hard to draw, and it's not that surprising that someone with the capability to do so and the sheer callous evil required would do something like that.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: March 28, 2016, 05:16:01 AM »
Crimson Peak - [Jessica Chastain] is so fucking crazy that it makes the movie and every scene without her is boring in comparison and makes you wish she was around ("whenever Jessica Chastain is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Jessica Chastain'?").

Also,

Kingsman: The Secret Service - [Samuel L. Jackson] is so fucking crazy that it makes the movie and every scene without him is boring in comparison and makes you wish he was around ("whenever Samuel L. Jackson is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Samuel L. Jackson?").

Aside from both having outstanding villains... the former was also stunning aesthetically and pretty fun all-around honestly, the plot is pretty silly but it's enjoyable to figure out what is going on and the film had me engaged. I don't really like horror but the horror elements aren't really what this movie was about.

The latter I obviously enjoyed the James Bond parody aspects of but didn't really appreciate the final arc in which we get not one but two weird power fantasies played straight to end the film and the female lead is literally shoved into outer space. (Some would point out that things like this are par for the course for Bond and of course they would be correct, but I still expect better in 2015.) It could also have stood to be less... completely casual in its approach to violence. But despite these complaints I had a good time overall.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 28, 2016, 01:30:59 PM »
BvS

Eh?

The plot..bad

I still enjoyed it?

Why is batman so much older then the rest of the justice league?

I rather enjoyed the inclusion of the other JS members. I'm guessing there was still a sting from some other issues, which lead to some founding members missing.

The fights were fun.

lex luthor was interesting. I kinda dug it.

I don't know. I'm just glad it's over. Give me the flash movie now please.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: March 28, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »
Crimson Peak - [Jessica Chastain] is so fucking crazy that it makes the movie and every scene without her is boring in comparison and makes you wish she was around ("whenever Jessica Chastain is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Jessica Chastain'?").

Also,

Kingsman: The Secret Service - [Samuel L. Jackson] is so fucking crazy that it makes the movie and every scene without him is boring in comparison and makes you wish he was around ("whenever Samuel L. Jackson is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Samuel L. Jackson?").

Aside from both having outstanding villains... the former was also stunning aesthetically and pretty fun all-around honestly, the plot is pretty silly but it's enjoyable to figure out what is going on and the film had me engaged. I don't really like horror but the horror elements aren't really what this movie was about.
So del Toro says he was trying to make a Gothic romance, not explicitly a horror. It does have some horror elements but as you say, it isn't what's front and center here.

I could watch Jessica Chastain screeching with a knife for a really long time. Or just her scowling in the background while other things are happening. Or her scraping a spoon against a bowl of porridge. That scene was amazing.

Want to check out the new Cloverfield and Midnight Special but it looks like there's nothing else that I want to see for a while.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 28, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »
Why is batman so much older then the rest of the justice league?

Because to Warner Bros.  The Dark Knight Returns is TOTALLY the only story worth taking ideas from, and Batman was in his 40s in that.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: March 29, 2016, 12:13:38 AM »
That isn't really just Warner Brothers, that is tons of comics medium as well.

And if you are going to rip off Batman fighting Superman in a powersuit story weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllll.

Also it works in with the casting since the Ben isn't really young any more.   

Aaaaaaaaaand it cross markets well with Nolan Batman even if this isn't actually that continuity, that's just the state that movie goers last saw him in, so it is keeping on brand.

That is to say, because this movie is incredibly cynical and has a lot less soul to it than you would want.  It is the embodiment of "Too Big To Fail".
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 29, 2016, 12:31:20 AM »
So...I'm just kinda over the superhero movie thing.  All it took was the grayed-out posters of BvS for a deep desire to never watch the movie ever to set in.  See also: Deadpool.

I mean, GotG was nice?
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:37 AM »
Scroll up for my opinion on Deadpool.  Low expectations help it out!

but yes Marvel/Disney side the burn out is high.  Sony side is just spinning wheels to make Disney pay.  Fox side is just Me To! attempts at cashing in on Disney/Marvel success.  Time Warner/DC stuff is pretending that the 90s is the thing to emulate because that was when comics was "Big" (which is stupid because as we know Speculator market was what drove it not really the content).

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: March 29, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
I think the 90s gets waaaaaaay more shit than it deserves.  I may write something about this at length at some point, but probably not.  I read comics in the 90s, and a lot of them were good! and if not good, fun!  People laser focus on Liefeld, and particularly on the very worst Liefeld comics, but the most prominent driving force of "90s" style was Jim Lee, working on Chris Claremont's X-Men.  (If you're not familiar, think Liefeld if he could count abs, had fashion sense, and loved cross-hatching.)

The sins of present-day comic book movies are, for the most part, the sins of present-day action movies.  I don't recall 90s comics being drained of color.  Far from it!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:24:09 AM by NotMiki »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: March 29, 2016, 01:55:17 AM »
Edit 2 - Sorry for the 10 billion disjointed words

Ehhhh the story arcs that Dark Knight Rises riffed on were very 90s arcs (Knightfall, No Man's Land being the stand outs to me).

Whenever I am bashing on DC for it I am much more about that story telling style and the specific arcs than some general hate on 90s comics.  I don't know enough Superman to cite specific arcs but Corporate Lex is 90s AF.  Lex who gets by on the strength of his conviction that regardless of his intent Superman is too powerful to be trusted got him a presidency in 90s comics. 

BvS I assume has Doomsday in it.

If the third Justice League movie isn't a spin on Identity Crisis I will be stunned.

In comparison Marvel's flagships have been doing chunks of 2000s storylines for its stories (Iron Man 3 being Extremis, Civil War being Civil War obvs, Winter Soldier being from mid 2000s Captain America) and riffs on old stuff (I was going to quote Obadiah Stane in Iron Man 1, but I am sure that gets rewritten every 2 or so decades).

It isn't even that Comic Book Movies do it.  It is that DC movies do it ->DC Movies don't do nearly as well as Marvel ones -> DC continue to do the same damned thing -> DC does the same damned things in its comic books as well -> Fuck the New 52.

The line of logic is flawless.

That said, Gotham Academy is the shit and you should check it out Jim.

Edit - Also part of the point isn't that 90s comics are bad.  It is just that the sales figures are artificially inflated and aren't really a representation of a well you should keep going to.

I guarantee you if there was a Skrull Kill Krew movie there is an audience for it (thought it might be tiny so you should make it a B-Movie, or lets be real, just license it to Troma).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:58:44 AM by Grefter »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2589 on: March 29, 2016, 02:18:55 AM »
Bats v Supes Ultimate Suplex Hold- nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Okay so.  This movie is like... three other movies frankensteined together.  And I think they're all better movies than this one?  Actually, start over.

Y'know how making 5-10 minute short films and airing them online, or as DVD extras, or so on is kinda a thing now?  I feel like this movie has three or four of those jammed into it.  The first two scenes, and some of the scenes with Wonder Woman, stand out there.
The trouble is we're missing  a couple of them.  Like, some extra scenes to introduce Bruce and Diana are welded into this thing, and they... need to be there to explain what's happening here!  But in particular there's a missing scene with Batman.  The movie alludes to it, and it's vital to making this version of Batman work, but I think not having it actually... exist is hurting things.
Like you have the opening, it's this really awesome condensed version of Batman's origin.  Great.  Then [scene missing], and Batman is broken, realizing his 20 year crusade hasn't accomplished anything and just served to get a young partner killed.  Maybe he even hangs up the cowl for a few years, but that's just a guess.  Then we get a sort of added scene from Man of Steel, showing Bruce Wayne on the ground of the devastation in Metropolis, renewing his desire to make the world safe.  But he's so horribly broken by it all that he's stopped caring about being justice, trying to get scum off the streets by any means necessary.
Why yes Batman IS post-9/11 america, why do you ask.  Zack Snyder's brilliant mind for "subtle" "depth" strikes again *sigh*

Much as I think DC needs to give us [scene missing], if not in the BvSvMeeple dvd then in another film, they do give you more or less enough to surmise it was there so it's not that bad.  And maybe I shouldn't complain too much because it's about the only time the film DOES respect the audience's intelligence.  So many lines that any smart viewer could fill in are instead left hanging for several minutes then the actual answer (again, an obvious thing anyone paying attention could put there) is treated as profound wisdom later.  The "subtle" "depth" thing is a recurring problem.

All that aside Ben Affleck as Batman is probably the most successful part of the movie.  I dunno why he makes a way better Batman than Daredevil but here we are.  And... once the movie gets past the title and have hashed out the actual Batman VS Superman Round 2 FIGHT... suddenly the next bits of the movie are some actual super heroing!  It took them nearly 5 hours of screen time (that's including the entire run time of Man of Steel plus BvS to this point), but finally, FINALLY some hero shit goes down and it's such a relief and... maybe, just maybe, this franchise will turn out okay over time.  I dunno.  But it really is pretty good after that.

The main problem really is this takes it's version of Superman from some... questionable sources.  I get the sense that one or both of Snyder or Goyer are full on Objectivists, and just can't envision a version of Superman who wants to help people because it's the right thing to do, rather than being some sort of crushing obligation or some self-satisfied desire for adulation.  So a lot of times he comes across as a teenager, full of himself and petulant when people try to argue with him.  And while they brush up against a story that could work for a more traditional superman, one who wants to do good but has trouble appreciating the full consequences of his actions and the complexity of global politics, it's only partially told and they cut it off at the critical juncture.

Actually that's not quite right.  The main problem is the goddamned music.  It's way too loud, nothing but percussion, and it gives almost every scene that feeling of being weighed down and lethargic.  Like, 20 minutes after thanksgiving dinner, the whole movie.

Lex Luthor... I dunno man.  You can't say that much about him because he's pretty clearly putting on an act the whole movie.  Dude cracked at some point, some point very recently, but while we might be able to guess why we don't really get a sense of how much or when.  At least, that's what the performance felt like to me.  And if that's true, due credit to Eisenberg for getting it across.  If not, uh I guess that's the movie being a frankenstein again.

Hey DC, there's a reason Marvel puts its teaser trailers after the credits.  Just sayin'.

I really, really wanna watch that Wonder Woman movie now though.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:50 AM »
a Skrull Kill Krew movie

I'm down.

Superhero movies are kind of all over the place right now.  Some of the mainline ones are indeed tired (Avengers 2).  Deadpool wasn't exceptional but it was *different* which helped a lot.

X-Men Apocalypse looks really really bad which is a shame because Days of Future Past was good.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 29, 2016, 02:55:20 AM »
Edit - Also part of the point isn't that 90s comics are bad.  It is just that the sales figures are artificially inflated and aren't really a representation of a well you should keep going to.

My comment wasn't meant as a response to that particular point (which is true).  Really, it's just something that's been on my mind.

I think you're giving a little too much weight to the stories that are being adopted here, though.  Doomsday, Bat-armor, that stuff's just window dressing.  You can take a single story and change the points of emphasis, the presentation, the coloring, the casting, and it comes out entirely differently.  After all, how much do the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies have in common with the next batch of them, except for the part where Spider-Man is in them?

Also, Re: Deadpool, I'm willing to believe it's a better movie than its trailer made it out to be, but that trailer was just so damn colorless and joyless I couldn't be bothered.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: March 29, 2016, 02:59:39 AM »
I get the sense that one or both of Snyder or Goyer are full on Objectivists,

Snyder's expressed an interest in filming The Fountainhead, so.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: March 29, 2016, 04:45:37 AM »
I get the sense that one or both of Snyder or Goyer are full on Objectivists,

Snyder's expressed an interest in filming The Fountainhead, so.

best joke I've heard in a while:

when an objectivist masturbates to completion, does that make their dick a fountainhead?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: March 29, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »
All that aside Ben Affleck as Batman is probably the most successful part of the movie.  I dunno why he makes a way better Batman than Daredevil but here we are.

My caring about this movie is super-minimal, but I noticed this and feel obliged to point out that Affleck is a pretty damn good actor and if he didn't work as Daredevil I am certainly inclined to blame the movie. (Also, the fact that I've never even heard of this movie despite hanging out in a chat which cares 1000% more about superhero movies than any other type also supports this hunch.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2595 on: March 29, 2016, 06:35:51 AM »
Daredevil's pretty old (2003 I think) so that plays a part.  Daredevil and Batman are relatively similar characters and... both movies suffer quite a bit from weird writing problems, so it's strange the gap in the performances is so large.  Granted maybe he was better in Daredevil than I remember, but I think it's more that Ben Affleck is a much better actor in 2016 than he was in 2003.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: March 29, 2016, 06:44:23 AM »
You haven't heard us talk about Billy Vs Snakeman or Daredevil?  Cause I can talk your ear off about Daredevil.  That is a mediocre movie that is a cultural phenomenon.

And... yeah Jim I feel you pretty much all on all points.  I figured it wasn't really directed AT me just sort of around the point.  That's why it triggered words words words response.  Not defensive just sort of... idea vomit because I want to respond and agree but I have so many thoughts.

I think the only thing the two Spider Man series have in common is the both throw Gwen Stacey off buildings because that's what you do to her even if its fucking up the reference and the characters that do it.

Also right with you on how meh the trailers looked for Deadpool.  The movie is bleak as Deadpool origin story is, but it is funny.  Ryan Reynolds is damned good casting.

Edit - And of course you would be down for Skull Kill Krew, Cap'n.  You, Jim, Sopko and myself were exactly who I was figuring would be 1/10th of the small audience it would have with the other 27 people being youtube movie reviewers of varying levels of appreciation for exploitation movies.

Edit 2020202 -  I have deleted like 90% of this response like 5 times so I don't get distracted doing that ear talking off.   

CK I think you should revisit Daredevil.  It is neither as bad as you remember nor is The Ben as bad as you remember.  It isn't GOOD, but man Affleck is alright, Michael Clarke Duncan is amazing as Kingpin.  Colin Farrell is a skeezy as fuck Bullseye with a terrible costume. Even Jennifer Garner is pretty good even though I don't think there is a ton invested into her character other than Trophy.

Casting wasn't the problem there.  It is mostly a poor script that under delivers and is chock full of padding.  Even the decent parts of it are too thinly fleshed out then like 50% of the movie is just shitty padding. 

Edit edit edit - revisiting could just be watching a 15 minute retrospective online rather than deep sixing 100 minutes of your day.

also holy fuck it was seriously 103 minutes long maybe more than 50% of it was padding

EDIT SO MANY EDITS

In 2004, an R-rated director's cut of Daredevil was released, reincorporating approximately 30 minutes of the film, including an entire subplot involving a character played by Coolio. The director's cut was intended as an improvement over the theatrical version.

So fucking great.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:06:04 AM by Grefter »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »
For the record I am also down for a Terror Inc. movie and a Darkhold Redeemers movie.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2598 on: March 29, 2016, 07:55:24 AM »
Michael Clarke Duncan is amazing as Kingpin.

Yeah, that part I remember.  The rest of the movie is just kinda...s tuff... question mark?  There's something about standing in a rainstorm so he can see her heaving bosom.  But Michael Clarke Duncan commanding your attention and utterly dominating the screen every second he's on it I remember.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: March 29, 2016, 08:08:01 AM »
The rain storm is a neat idea.  Not how any of it works, but it is a neat idea.  One of the better pieces of padding.

Also it makes Matt a real fucking pile of dicks.  Hurrr hurrr your blind so can't tell how hot attractive your partner is.
<MattDDMurdock> lol no only hotties 4 me
Because that's all that matters (and to be fair is consistent characterisation across mediums)