Author Topic: Eternal Recurrence of the Spotless Mind (Arkham)  (Read 20879 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Eternal Recurrence of the Spotless Mind (Arkham)
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:27 AM »

Random - Joe Diamond  
Yakumo- Leo Anderson
Captain K - Michael McGlen

Environment: The Festival: Cultists and Byakhees have their toughness increased by 1.

Rumor: Southside Strangler!
Ongoing Effect: Return one Ally from the Ally deck to the box at random at the end of every Mythos Phase while this card is in play (beginning the turn after it entered play). The Southside Strangler has struck again!

Pass: If a single player discards 5 Clue tokens while in Ma's Boarding House during the Arkham Encounters Phase, return this card to the box. Each player receives a $5 reward from the police.

Fail: If there are no more Allies to return to the box at the end of the Mythos Phase, return this card to the box. Each player must lower either their maximum Sanity or Stamina (their choice) by 1 for the rest of the game.

The Dearly Devoured:
El Cid - Dexter Drake  
Yakumo - Vincent Lee  
Talaysen - Kate Winthrop
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:48:14 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Recurrence of the Spotless Mind (Arkham)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »
Monsters:
: The Witch House
: Independence Square
: French Hill Streets
: Merchant District Streets
: Rivertown Streets
: Sky

Outskirts: None

Gates:
: The Witch House
: Independence Square
: Science Building  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:48:10 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »

DOOM TRACK 0/6

Open Gates - 4/99999999999
Monster Limit - 7/9 (0 in Dunwich)
Outskirts - 0/2
Terror Level - 8/10

Dunwich Horror Progress - 2/3
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:38:42 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:24:38 AM »
Arkham Locations

Bank of Arkham
Bank Loan: Instead of having an encounter here, you may take out a Bank Loan if you don't have one yet.

Arkham Asylum
Psychiatric Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover sanity by receiving psychiatric care. You may either regain 1 Sanity for free, or pay $2 to restore your Sanity to its maximum value.

Curiositie Shoppe
Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Unique Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

Police Station
Deputized: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to become the Deputy of Arkham. Take the Deputy of Arkham card.

General Store
Shop: Instead of having an encounter here, you may draw 3 Common Items and purchase one of them for its list price. Discard the other two items.

Science Building
Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 clue tokens.

Administration
Classes: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $8 to draw 2 Skills. Keep one of them and discard the other.

Silver Twilight Lodge
Inner Sanctum: If you have a Silver Twilight Membership, then you look at the Inner Sanctum entry when having encounters here.

St. Mary's Hospital
Medical Care: Instead of having an encounter here, you may recover Stamina by receiving medical care. You may either regain 1 Stamina for free, or pay $2 to restore your Stamina to its maximum value.

Ma's Boarding House
Recruit:Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 10 toughness worth of monster trophies, 2 gate trophies, or 5 toughness worth of monster trophies and 1 gate trophy to take any 1 Ally of your choice from the Ally deck.

Ye Olde Magick Shoppe
Magic Lessons: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $5 to draw 2 Spells. Keep one of them and discard the other.

South Church
Blessing: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to have any investigator you choose be Blessed.

River Docks
Shady Character: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain $5.  This location counts as an Aquatic location.

Unvisited Isle
This location counts as an Aquatic location.

Dunwich Locations

Devil's Hopyard
Strange Deal: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or one gate token to gain 1 Clue token and $2.

Harney Jones' Shack
Hospitality: Instead of having a encounter here, you may regain 1 Sanity or 1 Stamina.

Dunwich Village
Osborn's General Store: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $4 to roll a die. On a success, draw 1 Unique Item. On a failure, draw 1 Common item.

Drake's Carnival
Wheel of Fortune: Instead of having an encounter here, you may pay $1 to roll a die. On a success, you gain $3.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 12:46:46 AM »
Angry Red Skies
Environment: Weather

Will checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty. Lore checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus. Fliers do not move to or from the Sky. 

A gate to City of the Great Race opens at Wizard's Hill, spawning a Color Out of Space and a Wraith. A clue appears at Gardner's Place.

Diamond and Square monsters move on White, Circle monsters move on Black. Thankfully, nothing happens!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:16:58 AM »
Kate Winthrop

Stats
Sanity: 6 / 6
Stamina: 4 / 4

Speed: 1 2 3 [4]
Sneak: 5 4 3 [2]

Fight: [1] 2 3 4
Will: [3] 2 1 0

Lore: 2 3 [4] 5
Luck: 4 3 [2] 1

Focus: 1

Unique Abilities
Science! - Any Phase: Gates and monsters cannot appear in Kate's location due to her flux stabilizer. Monsters and gates do not disappear if she enters their location, however, and monsters can move into her location as usual.

Inventory
$7
2 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Research Materials - Any: Discard Research Materials instead of spending 1 Clue token. / Price: $1

Unique Items
Pallid Mask - Bonus: +2 Evade check / Price: $5

Skills
Marksman - Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Combat check.

Spells
Dread Curse of Azathoth - Casting Modifier: -2 / Sanity Cost: 2 / Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to gain +9 to Combat checks until the end of this combat. / Hands: 2
Enchant Weapon - Casting Modifier: 0 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to make one Physical weapon a Magical weapon until the end of this combat.
Meteor Storm - Casting Modifier: -3 / Sanity Cost: 3 / Any Phase: Cast and discard.  All monsters in this location are defeated and claimed as trophies.

Special

Gate Trophies

Monster Trophies

Personal Story
Pass - If Kate has 2 or more gate trophies, place "It's Working!" in play.
Effect - It takes one more open gate to awake the Ancient One

Fail - If the doom track has 6 or more doom tokens on it, place "This Is No Good" in play.
Effect - Kate can no longer spend Clue token to add to skill checks made to close or seal gates.

Current Action
Heading up to the Train Station.  Grabbing Meteor Storm from Yakumo/Vincent.  Also trading him Patrolling the Streets unless someone (Bard/Leo?) else wants it.

EDIT: Got Research Materials from Yakumo/Vincent as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:04:29 AM by Talaysen »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »
Joe Diamond, Private Eye

Hunches - Any Phase - Whenever Joe spends a Clue Token, he gains an additional die to the check.

Stats:

Sanity: 4/4
Stamina: 6/6

Speed: 3 4 5 [6]
Sneak: 4 3 2 [1]

Fight: [2] 3 4 5
Will: [3] 2 1 Z

Lore: [Z] 1 2 3
Luck: [3] 2 1 Z

Focus: 3

Inventory:
$8 ($0 after encounters)
3 Clue Tokens
.45 Automatic (1H Physical Common Weapon.  +4 Combat.  $5)
Rifle (2H Physical Common Weapon.  +5 Combat.  $6)
Newspaper Assignment (Task.  Go to Arkham Asylum, the Witch House, and then the Newspaper.  Payoff: 4 Clue Tokens and $5.  Progress: 0/3.)
Expert Occultist (Skill.  Exhaust to re-roll a Spell Check.)

Personal Story Condition:
Pass: Spend 5 toughness in monster trophies and 1 Unique Item while at the Silver Twilight Lodge during Upkeep. (0/5 toughness, no unique item, not at Silver Twilight Lodge)
Fail: Discard a unique item. (No unique item to discard.)

Heading to the Administration Building via the Merchant District to buy a skill.  Should Bard/Leo pass by I'm willing to trade my Newspaper Assignment and Rifle for a Knife.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »
Vincent Lee

Unique Ability: Physician - Upkeep: Dr. Lee may restore 1 Stamina to himself or another character in his location. He cannot raise a character's Stamina higher than that character's maximum Stamina.

Stats:

Sanity: 5/5
Stamina: 5/5

Speed: Z 1 2 [3] (+1)
Sneak: 5 4 3 [2] (+1 on Evade checks)

Fight: [Z] 1 2 3
Will:   [4] 3 2 1

Lore:  2 [3] 4 5
Luck:  4 [3] 2 1

Focus: 2

Inventory:
$9
2 Clue Tokens
Dark Cloak (+1 to Evade checks, $2)
Research Materials (Discard Research Materials instead of spending 1 Clue token, $1)
Cloud Kill (Spell.  -1 casting modifier, 1 sanity cost.  Cast and exhaust to lower the toughness of all monsters in an area by 2, to a minimum of 1.  Lose 2 stamina)
Patrolling the Streets (Task, visit Easttown Streets, Uptown Streets, Police Station.  Get one Common Item, $5, and one Clue)

Skills:
Speed (+1 Speed, When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die.)

Pass: Discard 5 Clue Tokens in a street area during the upkeep phase (Have 2/5)
Fail: Have three monster trophies (0/3)

Heading to The Unnameable for a Clue and an encounter.  Trading Meteor Storm to Tal for Patrolling the Streets along the way.  Also passed the check to avoid a Terror Level increase.

[13:20] <Soppy-ZennyDancesOnPublicAcces> Must be visited in the listed order
[13:20] <Soppy-ZennyDancesOnPublicAcces> And you have to end your turn there
[13:20] <@Yakumo> Nuts.  Well, that's out then, can't reach Easttown streets this turn.
[13:20] <@Yakumo> I knew that last part.
[13:21] -eraniss.tx.us.lunarnet.org:@#rpgdlarkhamhorror- Yakumo invited Hatbot into the channel.
[13:21] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@cpe-70-113-207-78.austin.res.rr.com) has joined #rpgdlarkhamhorror
[13:21] <@Yakumo> Anyway, since you're right here, I may as well roll my one die for Nultros' ability.
[13:21] <@Yakumo> d6 for no terror?
[13:21] * Hatbot --> "Yakumo rolls d6 for no terror? and gets 6." [d6=6]
[13:22] <@Yakumo> Yay!
[13:31] <Soppy-ZennyDancesOnPublicAcces> Yay

Bardiche

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
Mr Anderson

Unique Ability: Leadership - Any Phase: Once per turn, Leo may prevent 1 sanity or 1 stamina loss for any investigator.

Stats:

Fight:
  • 1 2 3

Lore:  1 [2] 3 4

Inventory:
$5
2 Clue Tokens

Allies:
Cham (Exhaust for +1 to any check)

Items:
Knife (1H, +1 to combat checks) $2
Rifle (2H, +5 to combat checks) $6
Lucky Cigarette Case (discard to re-roll a skillcheck) $1

Skills:
Psychology (add +1 to the result of any dice roll for will checks)

Pass: Get 3 allies (1/3)
Fail: Devoured investigator, or Terror at 4 (0/4)

ACTION:
Head to Merchant Distract, swap Knife for Rifle. And Newspaper Assignment, I guess. I'll trade that to anyone I pass who really wants it, the Rifle's useful to bring some buckshot to ugly faces. Wait, does a rifle buckshot?

Will trade for Dhol Chants, if I've anything Cid might enjoy having.

Will head down to Woods for an encounter, unless I'm informed there's no chance for allies there. :(

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:28:27 PM »
Dexter Drake

Speed: 2 3 [4] 5
Sneak: 4 3 [2] 1

Lore: 2 3 4 [5]
Luck: 3 2 1 [0]

Magical Gift: Whenever Dexter draws from the spell deck, draw an extra card and discard one.

Inventory:

$5
1 clue
.18 Derringer (common item, physical weapon, +2 to combat check, 1H, $3, cannot be lost/stolen)
Red Sign of Shuddle M'ell (spell, casting mod -1, sanity cost 1, 1H, cast/exhaust to lower a monster's toughness by 1 and ignore a special ability other than magical immunity)
Shrivelling (spell, casting mod -1, sanity cost 1, 1H, cast/exhaust for +6 to combat check)
Shrivelling (spell, casting mod -1, sanity cost 1, 1H, cast/exhaust for +6 to combat check)
Strong Will (skill, after making a horror check, spend 2 clue tokens to add 1 success to the roll)

Personal story:

Pass: Draw 2 tomes (reduce sanity cost of spells by 1)
Fail: Driven insane (discard 1 spell)

~

Dexter heads to the Silver Twilight Lodge in search of arcane secrets (or just a clue) and passes Dhol Chants to Leo along the way.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »
Michael McGlen

Stats
Sanity 3/3
Stamina 7/7

Speed  2 3 4 [5]
Sneak  4 3 2 [1]
Fight 3 [4] 5 6
Will 5 [4] 3 2  (includes skill bonus)
Lore [Z] 1 2 3
Luck [3] 2 1 Z

Focus 1

Unique Ability: Strong Body - Any Phase: Michael reduces all Stamina losses he suffers by 1, to a minimum of 0.

Inventory: $8 -> $0 after encounter

Common Items: Dynamite, Tommy Gun

Unique Items: Nameless Cults -> Joe Diamond

Skills: Will

Spells: none

Special: none

Gate Trophies: none

Monster Trophies: none

Personal Story: If Michael has 5 or more monster trophies, place "This One's for Louis!" in play.  If Michael gains $5 or more, place "Crime Doesn't Pay" in play.

Action:  I will also head to Administration to acquire some skills.  An educated man like myself aspires to master many skills, such as kneecap-breaking, money-laundering, and blackjack-playing.  I got this old book from some dame I shook down, but I don't need it.  I'll throw it at that nosy private dick that's always snooping around my business.  If I pass anyone who looks at me funny, I'll be glad to teach them how to use this Dynamite as well.  If you know what I mean.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 03:25:35 AM »
Joe Diamond - Administration
You can choose between Bravery and Mystic Gift

Dexter Drake - Silver Twilight Lodge
"Care to join the Order?" Carl Sanford and several of his henchmen ask. If you accept, pay $3 and take a Silver Twilight Membership. If you decline, pass a Will (-1) check or lose 3 Stamina as the henchmen assist you out the door. Whether you pass or not, move to the street.

Vincent Lee - The Unnamable
You bump into Eric Colt. He tells you a horrible tale of the Mythos to test your nerve. If you listen, lose 2 Sanity. If this doesn't drive you insane, take his Ally card if it is available. If it is not available, you may pump him for information instead. Gain 3 Clue tokens.

Eric Colt's Ally card is availible.

Kate Winthrop - Train Station
Bill Washington moves the last of the baggage from his cart onto a truck and offers you a ride as he opens the driver's door. If you accept, move to any location or street area in Arkham. If you move to a location, immediately have an encounter there.

Leo Anderson - The Woods
You trip over an object which turns out to be a rusty lockbox. If you open it, make a Luck (+0) check and consult the following chart:
Successes:

0) A rotted human foot. Lose 1 Sanity.
1) Draw 1 Common Item.
2) Draw 1 Unique Item.
3+) $10 in jewelry.

Michael McGlen - Administration
You may choose between Lore and Mythos Lore

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:49 AM »
I will take BRAVERY

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 03:40:43 AM »
I will opt not to get beaten up and pay $3 for membership.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:30 AM »
Vincent Lee

Unique Ability: Physician - Upkeep: Dr. Lee may restore 1 Stamina to himself or another character in his location. He cannot raise a character's Stamina higher than that character's maximum Stamina.

Stats:

Sanity: 3/5

Speed: Z 1 2 [3] (+3)
Sneak: 5 4 3 [2] (+1 on Evade checks)

Inventory:
$9
2 Clue Tokens
Cloud Kill (Spell.  -1 casting modifier, 1 sanity cost.  Cast and exhaust to lower the toughness of all monsters in an area by 2, to a minimum of 1.  Lose 2 stamina)
Patrolling the Streets (Task, visit Easttown Streets, Uptown Streets, Police Station.  Get one Common Item, $5, and one Clue)

Skills:
Speed (+1 Speed, When you spend a Clue token to add to any Speed check, add one extra bonus die.)

Ally:
Eric Colt (+2 Speed, ignore Nightmarish)

Vincent will go slightly nutty listening to craaaaaaaazy stories and invite Eric Colt along.  Also Soppy cleared a trade that I had suggested to Tal before the phase change but we hadn't finalized, so he's also getting my Research Materials. 

In case Soppy doesn't mention it in here, he said he's only allowing it this first turn, from now on if trades aren't specifically noted as being completed before he updates they didn't happen.  Notes saying 'so-and-so can take this' don't count, you have to specifically say it's been given.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:08:08 AM by Yakumo »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 04:12:40 AM »
Tal:

A weathered man comes up to you as you approach the Gardners' house. Introducing himself as Ammi Pierce, he tells you that it might be wise to steer clear of the house right now, and asks if you might have anything that might help the family's strange affliction. If you discard 1 Unique Item, Ammi joins you in gratitude. Take his Ally card if it's available. If it is not, remove 1 Dunwich Horror token from the board. 

Ammi Pierce's ally card is availible.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:18:31 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 04:18:38 AM »
Kate Winthrop

Stats
Sanity: 6 / 6

Lore: 2 3 [4] 5
Luck: 4 3 [2] 1

Unique Abilities
Science! - Any Phase: Gates and monsters cannot appear in Kate's location due to her flux stabilizer. Monsters and gates do not disappear if she enters their location, however, and monsters can move into her location as usual.

Inventory
$7
4 Clue Tokens

Common Items
Research Materials - Any: Discard Research Materials instead of spending 1 Clue token. / Price: $1

Unique Items

Skills

Spells
Dread Curse of Azathoth - Casting Modifier: -2 / Sanity Cost: 2 / Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to gain +9 to Combat checks until the end of this combat. / Hands: 2
Enchant Weapon - Casting Modifier: 0 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Any Phase: Cast and exhaust to make one Physical weapon a Magical weapon until the end of this combat.
Meteor Storm - Casting Modifier: -3 / Sanity Cost: 3 / Any Phase: Cast and discard.  All monsters in this location are defeated and claimed as trophies.

Special

Gate Trophies

Monster Trophies

Personal Story

Fail - If the doom track has 6 or more doom tokens on it, place "This Is No Good" in play.
Effect - Kate can no longer spend Clue token to add to skill checks made to close or seal gates.

Current Action
Kate is a scientist, not a doctor!  She declines!

(P.S. Moved to Gardner's Place from encounter.)

Bardiche

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
Mr Anderson

Unique Ability: Leadership - Any Phase: Once per turn, Leo may prevent 1 sanity or 1 stamina loss for any investigator.

Stats:

Fight:
  • 1 2 3

Lore:  1 [2] 3 4

Inventory:
$5
2 Clue Tokens

Allies:
Cham (Exhaust for +1 to any check)

Items:
Knife (1H, +1 to combat checks) $2
Rifle (2H, +5 to combat checks) $6
Lucky Cigarette Case (discard to re-roll a skillcheck) $1

Skills:
Psychology (add +1 to the result of any dice roll for will checks)

Pass: Get 3 allies (1/3)
Fail: Devoured investigator, or Terror at 4 (0/4)

ACTION:
HATEBOT. Use Leadership to avoid sanity damage.

[20:41] <Bardiche> So, luck roll.
[20:42] <Bardiche> Anyone around for WITNESS?~
[20:46] <+RandomConsonant> Perhaps.
[21:04] <Bardiche> Fantastic.
[21:04] <Bardiche> 3 Luck, +0 modifier. Success get itenz, money or A ROTTED FOOT.
[21:04] <Bardiche> What were they again, d10 or d6?
[21:05] <Bardiche> Oh, d6s. Alright then.
[21:05] <Bardiche> 3d6 for infinite item works. Successes please~
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Bardiche rolls 3d6 for infinite item works. Successes please~ and gets 8."12 [3d6=4, 3, 1]
[21:05] <Bardiche> ...
[21:05] <Bardiche> Guess I'll exhaust Cham to make that 4 a 5 and have a success anyway.
[21:06] <+RandomConsonant> Tha'ts not how Cham works
[21:06] <+RandomConsonant> You exhaust for an extra die on the check
[21:06] <Bardiche> ... o.
[21:06] <Bardiche> I could actually take the loss and null it with my ability...
[21:07] <Bardiche> Well, exhaust Cham then, another dice. I can always null it later~
[21:07] <+RandomConsonant> Not as though anyone else needs it this turn.
[21:07] <Bardiche> d6 for Cham-related luck!
[21:07] * Hatbot --> "Bardiche rolls d6 for Cham-related luck! and gets 4."12 [d6=4]
[21:07] <Bardiche> Well then, guess it's time to Leadership myself out of damage.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 10:19:16 PM »
I will take Lore, because Mythos Lore would be suicide.  <_<  >_>

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 02:03:20 AM »
Missing People Return!
Headline

All investigators currently lost in time and space immediately return to Arkham, appearing in a street or location of their choice.

A gate to Yuggoth opens at The Unnamable, spawning a Dark Young and a Cultist and sucking in poor Vincent Lee. A clue appears at The Woods, which is scooped up by Leo Anderson.

Dash, Star and Triangle monsters move on White, Hex monsters move on Black. Thankfully, nothing happens!

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
Vincent Lee

Stats:

Sanity: 3/5

Speed: Z [1] 2 3 (+3)
Sneak: 5 [4] 3 2 (+1 on Evade checks)

Inventory:
$9
2 Clue Tokens

Skills:

Ally:
Eric Colt (+2 Speed, ignore Nightmarish)

Adjusting speed/sneak slider, waiting for an encounter.  No luck this turn on Nultros' check.

[13:26] <+RandomConsonant> Not gonna make a Will check?
[13:27] <+RandomConsonant> Or does it not let you and not say.
[13:57] <@Yakumo> For what?
[13:57] <+RandomConsonant> Nulty
[13:57] <@Yakumo> Oh, no, I just forgot. >_>
[13:58] <@Yakumo> d6 for that, then.
[13:58] * Hatbot --> "Yakumo rolls d6 for that, then. and gets 1." [d6=1]
[13:58] <+RandomConsonant> Two dice
[13:58] <+RandomConsonant> Not in Arkham, remember
[13:58] <@Yakumo> Isn't it still an extra -1?
[13:58] <@Yakumo> ...oh, yeah.  And the gate opens at the end of the previous turn.
[13:58] <+Violet> Only if you're in Arkham.
[13:59] <@Yakumo> d6 the second?
[13:59] * Hatbot --> "Yakumo rolls d6 the second? and gets 1." [d6=1]
[13:59] <@Yakumo> <_<
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:59:49 PM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »
Joe Diamond, Private Eye

Hunches - Any Phase - Whenever Joe spends a Clue Token, he gains an additional die to the check.

Stats:

Sanity: 4/4
Stamina: 6/6

Speed: 3 4 5 [6]

Fight: [2] 3 4 5
Will: [3] 2 1 Z

Lore: [Z] 1 2 3
Luck: [3] 2 1 Z

Focus: 3

Inventory:
$0
4 Clue Tokens
.45 Automatic (1H Physical Common Weapon.  +4 Combat.  $5)
Knife (1H Physical Common Weapon.  +1 Combat.  $2)
Nameless Cults (Unique Tome.  Exhause and spend 1 movement point to make a Lore (-1) check.  If successful, gain 1 spell, lose 1 sanity, and discard.  Otherwise derp happens.  $3)
Expert Occultist (Skill.  Exhaust to re-roll a Spell Check.)
Bravery (Skill.  Exhaust to re-roll a Horror Check.)

Pass: Spend 5 toughness in monster trophies and 1 Unique Item while at the Silver Twilight Lodge during Upkeep. (0/5 toughness, 1/1 unique item, not at Silver Twilight Lodge)
Fail: Discard a unique item. (No unique item to discard.)

Moving to Hibb's Roadhouse for clue and encounter.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 12:49:40 AM »
Dexter Drake

Speed: 2 3 [4] 5
Sneak: 4 3 [2] 1

Luck: 3 2 1 [0]

Magical Gift: Whenever Dexter draws from the spell deck, draw an extra card and discard one.

Inventory:

$2
1 clue
.18 Derringer (common item, physical weapon, +2 to combat check, 1H, $3, cannot be lost/stolen)
Red Sign of Shuddle M'ell (spell, casting mod -1, sanity cost 1, 1H, cast/exhaust to lower a monster's toughness by 1 and ignore a special ability other than magical immunity)
Strong Will (skill, after making a horror check, spend 2 clue tokens to add 1 success to the roll)

Personal story:

Pass: Draw 2 tomes (reduce sanity cost of spells by 1)
Fail: Driven insane (discard 1 spell)

~

Dexter heads to the library for an encounter which hopefully involves book acquisition.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 01:39:25 AM »
Kate Winthrop

Stats
Sanity: 3 / 6

Luck: 4 3 2 [1]

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$7
1 Clue Tokens

Common Items

Unique Items

Skills

Spells

Special

Gate Trophies

Monster Trophies
Wraith (3 toughness)
Color Out of Space (2 toughness)

Personal Story

Current Action
Casting Meteor Storm to get rid of the monsters at Wizard's Hill and jumping into the gate.  Used up Research Materials and 3 clue tokens in the process.

[05/19/11 19:25:17] <Violet> Witness for rocksplosions?
[05/19/11 19:25:25] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> Yo
[05/19/11 19:25:55] <Violet> 5 lore, -3 mod, so 2 dice
[05/19/11 19:26:01] <Violet> 2d6 for ROCKSPLOSIONS
[05/19/11 19:26:03] * Hatbot --> "Violet rolls 2d6 for ROCKSPLOSIONS and gets 6." [2d6=4, 2]
[05/19/11 19:26:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> Splorch
[05/19/11 19:26:14] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> YOUR BRAIN
[05/19/11 19:26:14] <RandomConsonant> That's not very effective rocksploding.
[05/19/11 19:26:17] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> YOUR PRECIOUS BRAINS
[05/19/11 19:26:42] <Violet> Hm, guess I'll discard Research Materials for another roll then.
[05/19/11 19:26:55] <Violet> d6 no really rocksplosions plz
[05/19/11 19:26:57] * Hatbot --> "Violet rolls d6 no really rocksplosions plz and gets 2." [d6=2]
[05/19/11 19:27:02] <Violet> ffff
[05/19/11 19:27:39] * Violet checks.
[05/19/11 19:27:43] <Violet> 4 clues...
[05/19/11 19:28:28] <Violet> Guess it's worth using them...
[05/19/11 19:28:55] <Cidward> Hatebottery.
[05/19/11 19:29:21] <Violet> 1d6 cluesplosion?
[05/19/11 19:29:23] * Hatbot --> "Violet rolls 1d6 cluesplosion? and gets 3." [1d6=3]
[05/19/11 19:29:31] <Violet> ...seriously
[05/19/11 19:29:52] <Violet> 1d6
[05/19/11 19:29:53] * Hatbot --> "Violet rolls 1d6 and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[05/19/11 19:30:09] <Violet> weighted dice imo
[05/19/11 19:30:24] <Cidward> ffffff
[05/19/11 19:30:44] <Violet> Should I keep going?
[05/19/11 19:31:17] <Cidward> Do we have any other means of killing those stupid monsters?
[05/19/11 19:31:27] <RandomConsonant> Hahaha we wish
[05/19/11 19:31:54] <Violet> Not any good ones anyway.
[05/19/11 19:35:24] <Violet> That sounds like I should keep going.
[05/19/11 19:35:53] <Cidward> Sure.
[05/19/11 19:36:16] <Violet> d6
[05/19/11 19:36:18] * Hatbot --> "Violet rolls d6 and gets 6." [d6=6]
[05/19/11 19:36:23] <Violet> finally
[05/19/11 19:36:27] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> Bout time
[05/19/11 19:36:27] <RandomConsonant> Finally, some rocksplosions.
[05/19/11 19:36:53] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> Only cost you three clues
[05/19/11 19:37:32] <Violet> It's a good thing I grabbed those two clues last turn...

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:48:01 AM »
Michael McGlen

Stats
Sanity 3/3
Stamina 7/7

Speed  2 3 4 [5]
Sneak  4 3 2 [1]
Fight 3 [4] 5 6
Will 5 [4] 3 2  (includes skill bonus)
Lore 1 [2] 3 4 (includes skill bonus) (moved 1 space to right this turn)
Luck 3 [2] 1 Z

Focus 1

Unique Ability: Strong Body - Any Phase: Michael reduces all Stamina losses he suffers by 1, to a minimum of 0.

Inventory: $0, 1 clue

Common Items: Dynamite, Tommy Gun

Unique Items: none

Skills: Will, Lore

Spells: none

Special: none

Gate Trophies: none

Monster Trophies: none

Personal Story: If Michael has 5 or more monster trophies, place "This One's for Louis!" in play.  If Michael gains $5 or more, place "Crime Doesn't Pay" in play.

Action:  Now that I am a gentleman of higher learning, it is time to get back to work.  I move to the "Witch House" to shake down the old lady for her protection money.  And a clue.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:29:55 AM by Captain K. »