Author Topic: Random artsiness  (Read 6365 times)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Random artsiness
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »
Kyril or Adell sound like good choices, yeah. Also, catch up withme on chat sometime Djinn. Need to talk to you~
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Smash Emblem
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »
Been a while since I did a proper art project. Reviving this thread in honor of it.

So I've been drawing Fire Emblem sprites lately. Sounds pretty DL-related to me. These particular FE sprites are of the Smash Bros cast. Because crossover fighting games are also in the DL's wheelhouse.

Palutena from Kid Icarus. Mostly because she looked the most like an FE character to me. Part of me kinda wishes I'd waited to do her later so I could have been better at doing cool poses.

Pit was done next because I was shocked that no one had made a sprite of Pit in FE-style yet. (and then the next day I found one, along with a Dark Pit.)

Then I did Solid Snake because holy crap I had just played MGS3 for the first time and OMG you guys it's still awesome, I just wish this sprite did him any justice. I'm still not particularly happy with it and it ended up halting my spriting progress for a while.

And then I made Lucas and Ness in the same day shortly after the news of EB0 getting officially released and they turned out awesome and now I've made like a million of these.

And then Splatoon came out, so here's Kid now Squid now.

I really started enjoying the more dynamic poses, so I did a couple of them at once for the Mario Bros. Also Yoshi and Wario. Because you can't have Fire Emblem without mounted units.

Robin in Fire Emblem style sounds like a bit of a redundancy but... Yay! It's girl-Robin!

Honestly, these should have been the first ones I did. First Newcomers announced in Smash and all. But they have such simple designs it would have been difficult.

Doing animals in a FE-style is weird because there's not really any guidelines. Pichu turned out nicely I think, but Pikachu is, at best, too large. The Pokemon Trainer himself is a sprite someone else made, but I threw it in there because it felt necessary to show the "Fire Emblemness".

And some Ice Climbers. Never Forget! They turned out better than they had any right to, honestly...

There's a bunch of FE-style sprites of most characters from Smash already, particularly the human ones (and the FE ones). Link, Ike, Captain Falcon, and even Samus have a couple of sprites of them already. I'm trying to work on ones that haven't been done yet (mostly seems like the child characters...)

If there's any Smash characters that anyone's particularly interested in seeing, I'll give it a go. Comments and suggestions would also be helpful as I've stared at these so long it's hard to notice any mistakes I may have made.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
Damn man, that Lucas/Ness is sick. Ness's bat kinda looks like a big chicken drumstick though? Like it's thickness at the end in proportion to its handle width are kinda out of sorts.

Would it be possible to recolor the hammer-wielding jumping Luigi with his Smash bros Pink/Red Pride Parade Luigi colors? Mostly for awesome but also because I kinda want to use it as an avatar.

The Duck

• Social Justice Duck
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 08:40:03 PM »
Really cool stuff.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:12 AM »
I may try to fix up Ness' bat at some point, but it's a weird angle to get. Diagonal lines in sprites this size are already kind of tricky, but add in the tapering of the bat shape and it's hard to guarantee non-wonkiness. I'll look around for some references.

Oh, and sure, have a Pink Luigi. Took like 10 minutes.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
It's all pretty good! I like the hammers

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 05:52:09 AM »
Latest Smash Emblem sprite! This time full custom!

Including my references in the second one because it's fun to show the spriting process.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »

Going sprite crazy~

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
Peach and Rosalina look really good. There is a tiny detail on Peach's arm that makes it bend in a somewhat awkward way, though.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »

Not even close to all mine. But I found a bunch of FE-style sprites of Smash characters and I wanted to see them all together. I think I found nearly all of the characters (or made the ones I couldn't). Looks neat. Some are better than others, but overall it's a cool little collection. Now someone just needs to make a Nintendo Crossover FE game.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 04:45:00 AM »
Said it in chat, but should say it here too: Quite nice.