Author Topic: Shadow Hearts: From the New World Boss Topic - Game of git gud  (Read 1279 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Shadow Hearts: From the New World Boss Topic - Game of git gud
« on: November 19, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »
Tide is still insane part 3. So yeah, I've been debating on starting this up and finally decided to go for it. I'll be covering most of the bosses (although all the plot ones we have details for - I suggest you use that one for more traditional numbers) in this topic. Unlike the WA3 one, this is significantly shorter since there are only about 12 bosses in-game! Gathering the data will take a bit more time since spell power isn't listed and I have to number crunch a bit more for numbers.

Assumptions
So what should you know about this topic? Well a few things actually. First, I'm not the average FTNW player (as in, I hit blind tech rings regularly cause runs require me to), therefore, I am going to assume a few extra things in the damage numbers. Most of these are just multipliers, so you can back these out pretty easy, although I suspect I may include them in brackets or something to show what they are.

Second, I don't have the base stats gained from Shania's Fusions. I know what the gains on subsequent levels are, but not the L1 totals. As such, I have *assumed* for now that the stats are +2s across the board except for that fusion's good stat, which starts at +4. An additional note regarding Fusions is that, because Shania can swap fusion forms over the course of a fight, I will be averaging out the Fusion stat gains and assuming they are all at the same level. It's just a little easier this way, and probably gets a wider representation of what the stat average looks like (for all that, I assume this probably doesn't matter too much).

Finally, I play this game pretty much with very little encounters mixed in. I will be bumping up the levels a bit for the DL topic, but you can assume for the most part that I may be 2-3 levels below what you might expect as standard.

Damage Figures
Damages received from the boss is assumed to be based on the cast's average stat. For things like armors, this can get tricky. FTNW has accessories that boost defense, so equipping these will make boss damage look a little worse. I won't be assuming these as the norm. Likewise, there are also belts, which boost physicals, so Frank/Shania and Natan to an extent presumably should have these if you go physical. Similar to the defense boost though, I won't be assuming these as the norm as there are often better accessories to slot in. YMMV of course. FYI, the belts offer about 3/5/7 and so on more points of offense every tier, while defense boosting is similar. You can factor these into the numbers given if you think they should be part of the regular damage figures.

As noted above, I am going to assume that you can use standard rings at a very good rate, so most of the damage will have the additional 20% noted somewhere. Once tech rings are available, this jumps up to 44%. Base damage figures will be noted with [ ] for those of you that are less good. The only problem with this is that physicals are more complicated since they are comprised of several hits. In general, the additional strike bonus is spread across all the hits of the ring. This means that to get the full 20% on a standard ring with 3 hits, you have hit 3 strike zones, which is much more demanding than just hitting one. It's actually better than to hit 1 strike zone with a tech ring for the full bonus, even though you lose bonus damage on extra hits. As such, expect Frank to start using a tech ring hit at some point. Bosses generally don't like this since it makes their durability a little worse.

For the rest of the cast, they will generally be casting magic since it can hit weakness, doesn't miss and is generally better than a physical. You will likely run one physical person, but this means that as the game progresses, you can expect damage figures to be largely magical in nature sans maybe Frank and Shania. I will also largely be using L1/L2 Magics, since they typically have lower recharge penalties and the stronger tiers aren't that much more powerful anyway (tier 1s/tier 2s are sufficient to beat the entire game with).

Multipliers
The thing that makes FTNW great is the amount of damage lying around, allowing you to build a big enough numbers to even topple bosses over in one shot. I will assume certain multipliers to be available, so back these out if you aren't comfortable!

Warlock/Demon Earrings - 20% boost to the stat in question.
Entrance - This is a 125% boost to the next magic attack. On a strike, becomes 150% with standard rings or 180% with Tech rings.
Arc Rage/Arc Surge - This is a 30% boost to the stat in question. 36% with strike standards or 43% with strike tech.
Mind's Eye/Magic Mind's Eye - Doubles damage dealt of the corresponding type.

As a general rule, stacking mults is better than spreading them out. So similar to the WA3 boss topic, you can expect one or two chars to have really good damage, while the others will typically have scrub fights with Euram. I will be listing damage for the characters being used though to give a sense of how much worse they are.

Formulas
As noted in Dhyer's SH3 topic, formula for Physicals is:

(Atk-Def)*RNV*(1+(No.hits-1)/10)

Where RNV stands for  Random variable (assumed to be 1 for DL purposes). Atk and Def are the true stats used by the game to get the damage figures. To get there, make sure to multiply a character's base stat by 2, then add his or her equipment bonuses.

Magic formula is similar but varies a little:

Spell Power+ Sp-Atk - Sp.Def

Presumably, there is a random variable somewhere as well, that for DL purposes is also 1 (so who cares). The Spell Power varies per spell it appears (even for those in the same tier) so this is a bit of a work in progress to figure out what the power is for each attack.

Multipliers are applied after Defense unless otherwise noted (such as for Surge or the Earrings where they boost the stat directly).

Universal Boss Bonuses
Being a FTNW boss has some cool advantages! First, as noted in the first SH3 topic, bosses that are not fought solo or Lady have a bonus recharge factor of 1.5x after the first turn. This means that they are much faster than what their listed AGL stat may imply. In addition to this, bosses also have varying recharge rates, with certain moves such as status or buffs stacking on top of this recharge bonus. This makes them capable of recovering within say 1/3 of the time as normal and triple turn average.

This really starts to matter because bosses also have another passive bonus, where they will gain about 30% of their stock gauge at the start of every turn they get. Thus, it is completely possible for say Gilbert to spam Panic repeatedly and build stock while recovering at nearly triple the rate as normal. As you will quickly see, FTNW bosses have massive damage output, so this is actually a legit strat they can take if they want to burst out overkill damage. Of course, recharge penalties apply to them as well, but their passive recharge bonus tends to help mitigate this somewhat.

All bosses also have an affinity (sans Lady) which gives them a resistance to the corresponding element and a weakness to the opposing one. This affinity bonus is +/-25%. That's about it for universal bonuses.

Status Susceptibilities
Bosses either have immunity or are susceptible to the status in question, with no resistance in between. The odds with which they can be hit are solely based on the attacker's chances. So something like say Pokemon's Psychic with its 10% chance to lower Special Defense will have the exact same chances of inflicting the stat down on any boss that is vulnerable to it. On the other hand, something like say Wakka's Silence Buster hitting something with no Seal susceptibility will fail everytime.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:03:56 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Hearts: From the New World Boss Topic - Game of git gud
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 08:14:42 AM »
DEEP ONE - HP: 160 - Scrub tier prologue boss

PDEF: 9 (Slightly above average)
MDEF: 19 (Average)
AGL: 13 (tied with Thunderbird)
LUC: 10

Affinity: Water
Begins with 1 bar of stock.
Susceptible to Poison, Apathy, SpDef Down, and Evade Down

Shania fights this battle solo as Thunderbird. You cannot revert back to being a human even if you wanted to.

Never seems to go before Shania (so low first turn initiative).

Attacks
Physical: 8 damage, spread across 2 hits.
Hail Dust: 11 Water elemental damage. Approaches target in a line, small AoE after.

Party Averages
HP: 64
PDEF: 35
MDEF: 36
AGL: 13
LUC: 11

Shania's physical - 41 (34) damage across 3 hits

Comments
Deep One probably gets the sole distinction of being a FTNW boss and having bad damage output. He has 6HKO damage but can turn it into a 5HKO or something with a Double. That's not impressing anyone. Also, getting 4HKO'd in-game is sorta amazing for DL translation. He will beat some scrub tier enemies in Light but that's about it.

IGORNAK - HP: 500 - Better Iggy than the Marioverse

PDEF: 12
MDEF: 19
AGL: 14
LUC: 12

Affinity: Dark
Begins with 90% of a stock bar.
Susceptible to Poison, Apathy, SpDef Down and Evade Down

About ~30% chance for first turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical - Poison: 31 damage, spread across 3 hits. ~50% chance to hit with Poison. As a reminder, if the Poison procs twice, it will become Deadly Poison and take away more HP.
Physical - SDEF Down: 31 damage, spread across 3 hits. ~50% chance to reduce SDEF by 30% (adds about 8 damage)
Evil Eye: 29 Dark elemental magic damage. Small AoE.

Party Averages
HP: 65
MDEF: 33
AGL: 12
LUC: 11

Shania's physical - 41 (34) damage across 3 hits
Johnny's Rock Bump - 28 (24) Earth elemental magic damage.
Natan's Slug Shell - 41 (34) Wind elemental magic damage across 7 hits.
Frank's Physical - 37 (31) damage across 3 hits

Comments
It's only the second boss and he's already pretty nasty. Has a high 3HKO damage on average folks. However, on a Double, that damage becomes pretty terrifying and he can do it Turn 1. Worse yet, since his physical can proc a status effect, either of them procing means that the Double on becomes a guaranteed OHKO to average. So be faster than him or take him out in one go before he gets a turn or he will really lay it on to you. Kneejerk is that he's probably not Godlike since he needs a 50-50 proc to secure the OHKO, but wouldn't be surprised if he was High Heavy.

Tech Rings become available at this point. I will be assuming these as the norm. ( ) will indicate non-strike figures.

TATAN'KA - HP: 210 - Rambi the Rhinoceros in a RPG

PDEF: 18
MDEF: 25
AGL: 13 (Faster than human Shania by about 2, becomes slower after)
LUC: 14

Affinity: Void
Susceptible to Seal, Apathy, SpAtk Down, SpDef Down, and Evade Down

Shania fights this battle solo. Unlike Deep One, you can remain as a human the entire time if you wish.

On a double, if Shania has Stock, Tatan'aka always casts Red Nova. He will do Physical -> Rock Bump or Physical -> Evil Eye otherwise.

About 50/50 for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical: 30 damage, spread across 3 hits.
Evil Eye/Rock Bump: 28 Dark Element/Earth Elemental damage
Red Nova: 28 Fire Elemental Damage, takes away 1 bar of stock. Recharge rate is slightly slower than normal (~92%)

Party Averages
HP: 74
PDEF: 39
MDEF: 34
LUC: 12

Shania's physical - 50 (35) damage across 4 hits

Comments
Another duel, but this one is considerably better. For starters, Tatan'aka basically has double the damage. That's a good start. And as with all SH: FTNW bosses, having stock also means he can burst the damage out for high 2HKO damage, allowing him to complete kills faster than usual. As for durability, he's also better than Deep One, but much depends on how you see that tech ring physical. I will note that getting 4 perfect strikes is quite difficult, but getting 2 shouldn't be too much of a problem. Still that's a 5HKO or so, so he's not terribly durable as a result. Kneejerk is that he's some flavour of a High Middle, but could be wrong. 

RONWEI - HP: 700 - Rage mode activate

PDEF: 20
MDEF: 25
AGL: 17
LUC: 15

Affinity: Fire
Susceptible to Evade Down

Ronwei will automatically lock onto any character who has stock remaining and will always attempt to remove stock if possible. As such, this overrides his ability to use Seal if you have someone with Spikes equipped.

Very low chance of first turn initiative (probably about ~10% or so)

Attacks
Physical - 44 damage, spread across 3 hits. 100% chance to take away stock on hit
Red Nova - 41 Fire elemental magic damage. 100% chance to take away stock on hit
Flame Mine - 49 Fire elemental magic damage. Very wide AoE. Only usable in a Double
Seal - ~70% chance to inflict Seal (shuts down physical techs and magic). MT. Very fast recharge rate. Recovers about 3x as fast as normal.

Party Averages
HP: 94
PDEF: 41
MDEF: 36
LUC: 14

Shania's physical - 58 (40) damage across 4 hits
Johnny's Rock Bump - 41 (28) Earth elemental magic damage.
Natan's Slug Shell - 56 (39) Wind elemental magic damage across 7 hits.
Mao's Hail Dust - 68 (48) Water elemental damage (Water weakness factored)

Comments
Ronwei's gimmick may not translate terribly well, but then again, he might not need it. Go off above average speed and do about 90%+ to the target if they are vulnerable to Fire. Even if they do reduce it, he's got a physical and can 2HKO with it. Seal's an interesting bit where he can use it to gain passive stock and then blow away the opposition in the following turn if needed. But as NEB noted, this is a net loss of turns if the target isn't vulnerable, so he would want to really reserve this trick only against Limit thresholds. Probably a solid Heavy, held back mainly on fire reliance and only Okayish durability.

At this point in the game, you get another big boost: Arc Spells! Namely, Tatan'aka can get Arc Rage and Arc Surge, which boosts the entire party's offensive potential. If you hold this against the bosses, their durability will all get a little worse from here on out (I certainly do), so onto our first victim of this new shiny

PROCYON - HP: 1110 - MvC2 Sentinel only without the frying pan

PDEF: 99* 
MDEF: 23
AGL: 20
LUC: 20

Affinity: Wind
Begins with 1.75 bars of stock.
Susceptible to SpDef Down and Spd Down.

~30% chance of 1st turn initiative.

*In addition to this defense number (which at this point in the game, you can't break), physicals are noted to have "No Effect" against Procyon (Double the physical immunity! YESZ)

Attacks
Physical - Reverse Ring: 76 damage, spread across 10 hits. ~50% chance to inflict Reverse Ring, which causes the dial on the ring to swing in the other direction.
Physical - Tight Ring: 76 damage, spread across 10  hits. ~50% chance to inflict Tight Ring, which reduces the hit zones on a ring pattern. Can stack with Reverse Ring.
Big Bang - 42 non-elemental magic damage. ~50% chance to inflict Paralysis on hit. Medium AoE. Only usable in a Double.

Note that Paralysis is effectively game ending if all PCs are inflicted with it.

Party Averages
HP: 112
PDEF: 48
MDEF: 42
AGL: 16
LUC: 16

Shania's Rock Bump - 89 (64) Earth damage (weakness already factored)
Hilda's Thorn Whip - 187 (130) Earth elemental magic damage (weakness factored)
Natan's Evil Eye - 69 (47) Dark elemental magic damage across.
Mao's Hail Dust - 74 (52) Water elemental damage

Someone in theory will be casting Entrance on Hilda, increasing her damage to 337 (so ~150 damage as an action).

Comments
Hilda is introduced before this fight, and this fight is a really good reminder of HEY YOU SHOULD TOTALLY USE YOUR MAGIC. Not only is Procyon immune to physicals, but his Earth Weakness and flying status screams for you to use Thorn Whip on him. As for DL translation? Almost certainly some form of Godlike. OHKO damage off above average speed, which he can do twice, each with a 50% chance to hit you with a match ending status, so better block that too! Oh and if you survive those 2 turns, you also get to deal with him screwing up your actions with his ring status (or at least weakening them by making the strikes very tough to hit). This combined with his fast recharge bonus, physical immunity as well as a weakness that is mitigate by the fact that he is flying in game and most Earth attacks being ground only in flavor, and you've got one bad ass murder machine on your hands. Doesn't like magic, but he won't instantly explode to them like Brahms either. So better make sure you're some sort of sturdy mage or he's gonna wreck your face.

LA SIRENE - HP: 310 - Team Aqua summons KYOGRE

PDEF: 25
MDEF: 34
AGL: 20 (Faster than human Shania by about 1, becomes slower after)
LUC: 20

Affinity: Void
Susceptible to Poison, Apathy, SpAtk Down, SpDef Down and Evade Down

Shania fights this battle solo.

After 3 rounds, La Sirene will be forced to cast Barrier on itself.

About 50/50 for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical - Fake Ring: 47 damage, spread across 3 hits. ~70% chance to inflict Fake Ring status, which introduces fake hit areas on the ring and changes the ring shape completely. This ring status is very debilitating.
Bright Oracle: 42 Light magic damage
Barrier: OPB. Raises SDEF by 30%

Bestiary notes that it also has Hail Solid, but I never saw it. It would presumably only be useful against Thunderbird, but then again, Bright Oracle will hit weakness, whereas Hail Solid won't

Party Averages
HP: 144
PDEF: 63
MDEF: 58
AGL: 22
LUC: 18

Shania's physical - 87 (60) damage across 4 hits.

Shania can also spend one turn with Arc Rage, which will boost the tech ring damage on her physical to 144 damage.

Comments
Last duel in the game sans Tirawa! La Sirene is a little weaker than Tatan'ka and it shows. Worse damage, worse durability, etc. Still probably a Middle though I imagine. Having passive stock gain and the ability to burst out the damage is just too good.

At this point, after Malice Edna, you are awarded a pair of Warlock Earrings. These things increase your SpAtk by 1.2x but also increase the damage you take from magic by 1.2x. Needless to say, they are very useful. In addition, you are also allowed to upgrade Stellar nodes for effectiveness. Up to this point, money has been a bit more tight, but you get a lot of cash after Vegas (fitting) so upgrading node effectiveness becomes more likely. Keep both of these things in mind. I'll note in the damage averages what happens when you start stacking.

JEB NIGLAS - HP: 2020 - MODOK Wannabe presidential candidate

MDEF: 44
AGL: 30
LUC: 27

Affinity: Light
Begins with 90% of 1 stock.
Susceptible to Poison

~30% for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical: 123 damage, spread across 3 hits. 100% chance to remove 1 bar of stock on the target 
Bright Oracle: 91 Light element magic damage. Line fire, then explodes into Medium AoE.
Wipeout - 91 Light element magic damage. Line fire. FIRING HIS LAZOR
Barrier - OPB. Used on next turn after HP decreases below 50%. Raises SPDEF by 30% for 5 turns.
Seal - OPB. ~50% chance to inflict Seal.
*Holy Pulse - ~100 Light element magic damage. Combo magic and can only be used on a Double.

*Damage is speculative and estimated. I've never seen him actually use it but NEB notes he does have it - see below. 

With a Double, he will most commonly do Bright Oracle into a Physical. But Wipeout into a physical is also possible.

Party Averages
HP: 179
PDEF: 75
MDEF: 71
AGL: 24
LUC: 122

Shania's Rock Bump - 95 (62) Earth magic damage
Hilda's Thorn Whip - 206 (143) Earth magic damage
Ricardo Gale Rod - 53 (37) Wind magic damage.
Johnny - Entrance. Adds a potential damage of up to ~170-300 (depends on multiplier stacks - see below).

Hilda with Evil Shade, Dark node effectiveness+20%, Warlock Earrings, Entrance'd, Surge'd tech ring - 743 Dark Element magic damage. 

Comments
MODOK comes right before another big power surge, but you can start seeing how the power of stacking your multipliers together starts getting kind of nutso. Like all previous SH:FTNW team bosses though, he's very much a terror: OHKOs you if it Doubles along with fast recharge. IMO, he's probably the last somewhat more durable boss in the game since he used to be a complete slog in runs. Would've like Seal to not be OPB and not have suspect accuracy, but it can throw his opposition off and well, both flavours of offense hurt, so he's not as easy to wall. This combined with his damage output probably makes him a Low Godlike.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:04:00 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »
So at this point in the game, the power surge goes into absolute insane territory. Why? Because at this point in the game, you get access to the Mind's Eye and Magic's Mind's Eye. These accessories remove the hit areas of the ring, but double your damage output. And as noted in the first post, this all stacks together. So we're quickly reaching a point where boss HP starts becoming sort of  nebulous. A couple of things regarding this though.

First, strike zones with tech rings in FTNW are much smaller than in Covenant. As such, you may be like Dhyer and not think Technical Strikes are standard due to the difficulty in hitting them. Second of course, is that similar to Covenant, you should take into consideration what types of these buffs you see as active. Unlike Covenant where you can get like 3 Mind's Eye, have Lucia's brain dead oils or unlimited key works, most of this stuff in FTNW is much more restrictive so the power level isn't quite as crazy. It is still pretty noticeable though and the better you are at the game, the more solidly you can hit the rings for major damage.

Unrelated to mults, next area has an item called the Small Jug. This accessory provides a major stat boost (+10 to base Atk, Def, SpAtk and SpDef) at the cost of double the SP cost a turn. This is pretty much tailor made for Hilda, who not only has a massive SP reserve, but unlike Shania, won't increase the cost by transforming during battle. This is factored into her damage stats as a result.

KERUFE - HP: 2380 - Taste POIZN

PDEF: 48
MDEF: 52
AGL: 32
LUC: 33

Affinity: Wind
Begins with 133% stock (so 1 bar and a third of a second)
Susceptible to PAtk Down, PDef Down, SpDef Down, Spd Down, EvaDown

Note that Kerufe's AI is always set to cast Gale and 2x Poison before being allowed to do anything else. These moves have increased recovery times, so in practice, it ends up being about 1.5 turns only as opposed to 3 (he still gets passive stock bonus). Whether or not you hold him up to this, YMMV.

~30% chance for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical - Slow: 150 damage, spread across 3 hits. 100% chance to inflict Slow (speed down 50%)
Pre-Ignition: 99 Fire element magic damage. Medium AoE.
Gale Blast - 89 Wind element magic damage. Line fire.
Gale - OPB. Used on first 3 turns. Increases own speed by 25% for 5 turns.
Poison - 2PB. Used on first 3 turns. 100% chance to inflict Poison. Since its cast twice, second cast turns into Deadly Poison (takes 33% as opposed to 10% at the end of the turn)
Air Shot - 110* Wind element magic damage. Air only. Can only be used in Doubles

*Speculative based on NEB's notes. I don't know the power and have again, never seen him use it.

When Kerufe doubles, he will typically do Gale Blast into Pre-Ignition, injuring as many people as he can. However, he can also Physical into Air Shot.

Party Averages
HP: 221
PDEF: 84
MDEF: 80
AGL: 29
LUC: 27

Natan's Hail Dust - 101 (70) Water/Ice magic damage
Hilda's Evil Shade - 233 (162) Dark magic damage
Ricardo Physical - 75 (55) damage.
Johnny - Entrance. Adds a potential damage of up to ~180-911 (depends on multiplier stacks - see below).

Hilda with Thorn Whip, Magic Mind's Eye, Warlock Earrings, Entrance'd, Surge'd tech ring - 1822 Earth Element magic damage.

Ricardo with Demon Earrings, Rage + Mind's Eye - 374 damage.

Comments
Poisonman/woman basically comes down to 2 things. If you don't hold her to her pattern and you don't factor in too much of the power boosts, she's bad ass and probably a Godlike. Above average speed, then gets even faster and can then Slow you. At which point, her 2HKO damage with her physical comes close to instant doubling (per Random, it ends up something like 1.875x with just the Gale. Now imagine what happens when Slow hits). Has 2 variety of Magic damage so walling her isn't easy either.

Flip side, if you hold her to her opening actions as well as the power boosts, she's probably only some form of Middle/Heavy. The bad durability and losing the 1st turn and a half makes her a sad insect thing but thereafter, she will proceed to have the same damage output and most duelers won't survive more than a turn or two once she gets going. 

DAOROS - HP: 1250 - Trolling your buff game since 2006

PDEF: 51
MDEF: 57
AGL: 36
LUC: 35

Affinity: Water
Begins with 80% stock
Susceptible to: Poison, Apathy, PAtk Down, SpAtk Down and SpdDown

~50% chance for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical: 128 damage, spread across 3 hits. 
Hail Solid: 90 Water element magic damage. Hits air targets only. Daoros will not use this attack unless in a combo. Medium AoE.
Shock Max - 112* Water element magic damage. Can only be used in a Double.
Apathy - MT. 100% chance to inflict Stock Gain-0. I would see this as hitting certain meters in various other games (FP for Wild ARMS, CP for Trails, and so on).

Arc Rage/Arc Surge/Arc Shield/Arc Barrier/Arc Gale/Arc Mirage - Used as a Counter against any buffing used by the party. Note that these buff spells have very fast recharge and overwrite any previous lag that Daoros might be under. So if he just performed a Double and then you buff, he will get his counter and instant-turn you due to the 3x plus recharge rate on buffs. Increases his PAtk/PDef/SpAtk/SpDef by 30% or Speed by 25% or Evade by 30%.

*Speculative based on previous attack estimates. Daoros will usually just spam Apathy into Attack for his Doubles. I've never actually seen Shock Max.

Party Averages
HP: 246
PDEF: 98
MDEF: 97
AGL: 31
LUC: 29

Natan's Slug Shell - 99 (69) Wind magic damage
Hilda's Evil Shade - 253 (176) Earth magic damage
Ricardo Physical - 81 (56) damage.
Johnny - Entrance. Adds a potential damage of up to ~200-600 (depends on multiplier stacks - see below).

Hilda with Red Bounce, Magic Mind's Eye, Warlock Earrings, Entrance'd, Tech ring - 1248 Fire Element magic damage (can go higher, but pretty much OHKOs already...)

Ricardo with Demon Earrings, Rage + Mind's Eye - 386 damage.

Comments
Daoros fights alongside Killer 1 (a form he will never want) so keep that in mind as you scale him. Anyway, this is one of the nastiest fights in the game and part of the reason is because of Daoros' counter buffing. If you cast a buff on yourself, Daoros will auto-counter with 1 of 6 buffs chosen at random. Some of these buffs are useless (like Arc Mirage) but others turn him into a OHKO machine (Arc Rage). This gimmick doesn't really translate into the DL unless you give him the free ability to choose what he counters with. In which case, he deters people from buffing and forces them to slug it out against him.

The rest of the package is much less notable. 3HKOs and can't even OHKO reliably. Durability even being generous, is still sorta bad - the power surge at this point in the game gets kinda silly. You could argue that you shouldn't take Entrance against him due to his counter buffs cutting off combos, but you can get around in-game by hitting him first. This is pretty much DL irrelevant outside of scaling though. My guess is that he's probably a Low Heavy, thanks to the passive recharge bonus, the little troll ball is still blazing fast so he will pull off that 3HKO pretty quick and he has a couple of gimmicks that can screw with people.

DELGET - HP: 3000 - Stop! Hammer time.

PDEF: 56
MDEF: 71
AGL: 43
LUC: 45

Affinity: Earth
Begins with 1 bar of stock
Susceptible to PAtk Down, SpAtk Down and Spd Down

~50% chance for 1st turn initiative.

Attacks
Physical - Fast Ring: 232 damage, spread across 4 hits. 100% chance to inflict Fast Ring, which causes the dial to move at about 2.5x the speed as normal (hitting hit zones becomes tricky) 
Rock Javelin: 160 Earth element magic damage. Medium Line Fire.
Strong Earth: 180* Earth element magic damage. Can only be used in a Double
Petrify: MT. About 80-90% chance of inflicting Petrify. If all parties are dead/paralyzed/petrified, game is over. Recovers at around 3x as normal.
Energy Charge: Increases next physical attack by 125%. OPB. Used only after HP goes below 50%. Recovers around 2x as normal.

*Speculative. Same as other cases of combo magic above - I've never seen him use it. I suspect bosses don't use their combo magic unless you give them a lot of turns. Dunno if you want to hold them against it, but it shouldn't matter much.

When Delget Doubles, he will typically do Attack into Rock Javelin.

Party Averages
HP: 271
PDEF: 102
MDEF: 101
AGL: 33
LUC: 31

Natan's Hail Dust - 89 (62) Water/Ice magic damage
Hilda's Red Bounce - 225 (156) Fire magic damage
Ricardo Physical - 79 (55) damage.
Johnny - Entrance. Adds a potential damage of up to ~160-820 (depends on multiplier stacks - see below).

Hilda with Gale Blast, Magic Mind's Eye, Warlock Earrings, Entrance'd, Surge'd tech ring - 1657 Wind Element magic damage.

Ricardo with Demon Earrings, Rage + Mind's Eye - 391 damage.

Comments
In-game, he's kind of bad because he's mostly ST focused. In the DL, an absolute monster. Hits really hard with his hammer, comes out swinging  and does nearly 1.5x PCHP on his opening turn. Every turn thereafter, he pumps out high 2HKO damage off at over 150% average speed along with the option to Petrify his targets for those that are vulnerable. He does fall into the same trappings as other South America bosses - namely how you take his durability. Suffice to say though, he's still probably Godlike unless you take him under the extreme side of scaling. Oh, and just for shits and giggles, he has a LIMIT, which causes his physical to just absolute plaster you. So better bypass it completely or be physically immune.

TAMARIS - HP: 3900 - BabyRage? BabyRage

PDEF: 72
MDEF: 90
AGL: 51
LUC: 49

Affinity: Light
Begins with 1 bar of stock
Susceptible to Blood Loss

~10% chance for 1st turn initiative (very low)

Attacks
Physical: 221 damage, spread across 3 hits.
Bright Decide: 159 Light element magic damage. Medium AoE.
Holy Pulse - 179* Light element magic damage. Can only be used on a Double.
Panic - 100% chance to inflict Panic (doubles SP consumed per turn).
Spirit Ward - 100% to Ejects a single target. OPB. Used only when HP drops to 25% and below.

Barrier/Shield - Used only as a Counter 100% of the time when the party buffs themselves in anyway. PDef/SpDef +30% for 5 turn.

*Speculative. Same deal as above. 

When Tamaris doubles, he will typically do Physical into Bright Decide.

Party Averages
HP: 333
PDEF: 128
MDEF: 126
AGL: 38
LUC: 36

Natan's Hail Dust - 101 (70) Water/Ice magic damage
Hilda's Red Bounce - 236 (164) Fire magic damage
Ricardo Physical - 95 (66) damage.
Johnny - Entrance. Adds a potential damage of up to ~200-2000 (depends on multiplier stacks - see below).

Hilda with Evil Shade, Magic Mind's Eye, Warlock Earrings, Entrance'd, Surge'd, Stellar Boost, Slim-Mask, tech ring - 4407 Dark Element magic damage.

Ricardo with Demon Earrings, Rage + Mind's Eye - 479 damage.

Comments
BabyRage is the last required random SH:FTNW boss. He sports the same package as other FTNW bosses though. High 2HKO damage with a decent enough magic back up and the option to burst it for OHKO damage. He does have Daoros' counter buffing but it is much less impressive since they only increases his defenses. He wishes he got a better status than PANIC, but he's probably still like a High Heavy/Low Godlike or something. He has some status holes (these will all be uploaded at some point), so I doubt he's a good Godlike but still scary.

I wouldn't take the Mask forms against him though. It's pretty hard to maintain these for a boss unless you have pretty good planning and have the spare +/- calorie items for Hilda. I did include it just to show the full extent of how crazy your damage gets though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:49:04 PM by Tide »
<@Claude> yahtzee

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:32:58 AM »
Air Shot is a combo magic, and thus considerably stronger than Gale Blast, not weaker. Compare Shock Max with Hail Dust in Malice Edna's entry. Probably around 110? Physical + Air Shot double easily OHKOs anyone, including Natan, according to my notes.

Holy Pulse, similarly, is Jeb!'s strongest magic attack, a combo spell used after Bright Oracle in doubles only.

Deadly Poison is 33.3%, not 25%.

It should be noted that the physical attack which causes Slow is 100% if it is used (you'll see the name "Slow" appear as the attack name, just like with a spell), although there is a normal version that does not inflict it, so if you view that as a random chance then yeah I imagine the 70% figure is about right. I'm not sure how I feel there.

All bosses are slightly slower than the numbers indicate on the first turn; very few are actually above average speed for quickdraws as such, I would think. This might need testing to be sure.

Legal doubles are fixed and here is what they are (list might be incomplete, but my challenge run caused boss fights to drag out a lot and in many cases took multiple tries, so I'm pretty confident):

Ronwei:
Red Nova + Flame Mine

Procyon:
Basic physical (no status) + Big Bang

Jeb:
Basic physical + Bright Oracle/Wipeout (sorry, my notes just say "light spell"... but they do the same damage so whatevs)
Bright Oracle/Wipeout + Holy Pulse

Kerufe:
Gale Blast + Pre-Ignition
Basic physical + Air Shot

I'll add the rest later if needed!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
NEB -

Do you know what causes Jeb! to use Holy Pulse? I've never seen it. Does it have something to do with how much stock he has? Combo Magic on the PC end I think consumes extra stock but I could be mistaken. I'll edit the bit about Air shot - I know it wasn't right, but based on the formula and the damage from Ronwei's Flame Mine, that's about how much damage it would come to (which is weird btw since it implies combo magic have low base power. That feels off...). I presume Holy Pulse probably does 20-30 more than Bright Oracle/Wipeout.

I can add my personal experience regarding a boss' opening initiative since I've done multiple playthroughs of the game that I have a pretty good idea of how fast/slow some bosses on the draw.

Edited the portion regarding Kerufe's Slow. Thanks!
<@Claude> yahtzee

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:25:54 PM »
No clue. I would guess Holy Pulse is just less common and/or you had weird luck. I definitely saw it more than once though.. Since it's the weaker of his two doubles against people with normal defences, I don't think it's a big deal.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
To do: Include status susceptabilities - DONE!

If there's a boss you want additional data for, now is a good time to put in a request!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:00:12 PM by Tide »
<@Claude> yahtzee