Author Topic: RPGDL 2016 Season 3, Week 3  (Read 992 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2016 Season 3, Week 3
« on: October 17, 2016, 04:15:21 AM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III)
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3)
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2016 Season 3, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:13:37 AM »
Godlike

Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Fou Lu nulls all her tricks (even generally seeing Absorb hitting bosses).
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- Gades is faster, 2HKOs, is 3HKOed back, yeah.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)- ID Weapon.
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Georg 2HKOs, she 3HKOs. Both have a lot of accuracy that probably helps with evade (although Georg's is nebulous, Niu's test imply it decent at least). He acts first. Feels like it's his
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- I'm assuming that Yellow Scarves/Black Warrior Garb did not have ID resistance

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)- Cute, but Sgt Joe is better at the straight up game.
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- Bow will be foiled by the stun rate if he wants to try the stall and ID game.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Gut
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Tricia is good against mages, healers and musical attackers (Looks forward to next time...ha, same description)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 07:37:09 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 05:16:27 AM »
Doubled ITE draining.
This has happened before - wasn't the argument that Fou is explicitly vulnerable to gravity attacks in-game?

Heavy

FFT equips, draining
I don't think Eirika 2HKOs, and Georg easily 2HKOs and goes first and has super good accuracy.  It's true, he might still occasionally miss, but he might also occasionally parry himself.

Middle

Uh, depends on Mog's Snare game I guess and if he can survive Luke's pressure long enough to get ID.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Ricardo should double after Gale, which is bad times. EDIT: To be clear, Ricardo doesn't need a stall strat here.  Gale, Attack x2, Attack x2, win.  (Or Attack x2 -> Fated Day's End, Leo is not durable, and FDE might well be seen as double-able anyway.)  He only eats 2 Leonardo attacks that way and also has regen, there's no way Leo is 2HKOing through that.
I think Summoner barely 5HKOs w/ Summoning Surge from round 1, so 2 rounds.  This is good for her since Igrene easily 2HKOs back.  EDIT: Except Summoner speed fails more than I remember, RIP.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:08:37 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:37:02 AM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III): Yeah, no.
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): uhh. Ashera 2HKOs constantly with an ITE physical, so Orlandu needs to stay afloat with Night Sword. He doubleturns a lot, so he can get away with only one Night Sword on those... mostly, it's still not really good enough healing. The magic-weak corner auras... actually he can OHKO them if he twinks for power, so he does that. Also makes his Night Sword better! Open by using that, kill off three auras immediately. Ashera hits him. Night Sword a side aura to survive. Ashera hits him. Repeat. Mmm... this works well enough, Cid should have a 5-4 at worst. The problem is... reduced Night Sword only heals around 0.6 PCHP, while Ashera does 0.83... more if her magic is seen as non-elemental instead of light or Nihil is seen as wiping out elemental immunities. Cid twinking for power is only like average HP, so he probably gets overwhelmed too quickly even if you view Ashera's stats as slightly worse (which would be reasonable for a few reasons).
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Good fight, as per here.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III): I think? Percival's pdur is really dumb. Like maybe, maybe Raze can do something with break damage, but I don't think any one hit to take advantage of that is big enough, and it requires additional interp calls like not letting Percival's status-healing get rid of it.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics): Uh... later. Probably Beowulf, though; he's got statusblocky options. It really depends how Melbu's HP works, is it one bar or four? Given the way the HP indicator works, it's probably one, so Drain wrecks. Could be argued though.
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Uhhh... this is good. A lot depends on how you do evasion vs. counters in Suikoden... in Suikoden you counter only after dodging, and THAT counter is ITE, and since both sides are countering here how you interp that could hurt either Georg or Eirika. Beyond that, this fight is a stat headache. Both are accurate, both are evasive. Eirika probably doubles but not with Sieglinde... she might actually want to use the Rapier even though it doesn't hit weakness because it's so accurate, but at that point maybe Sieglinde is better anyway because it's so much more damaging? I'm not sure at all.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V): It's possible that Rune's ID might drop to turn 2 against Freyjadour's magic stat, but even if it does, Rune is faster and not OHKOed, so he gets two shots.

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III): They're awfully similar, aren't they? Joe's damage is better, but it's possible both 3HKO... mm, looks like Kyle just misses actually, which is probably decisive. DUCK POWAR.
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): Has both a type advantage and a range advantage.
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II): I'm not certain. But yeah sure.
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI): Luke in the second round of Middle? I mean, I like the guy, but lolno.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Wins a slugfest, and Ricardo trying to turtle with healing eventually invites Deadeye. EDIT: Doubles let Ricardo escape this, see Dhyer below.
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Mallow 2HKOs with music-typed damage, but Tricia is... maybe slightly faster for the second turn, and 3HKOs if she is given an offensive type advantage due to seeing Mallow as a healer or mage. But if he's seen as music-typed defensively too, she misses that. I dunno!
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword): See Snowfire... but Igrene is faster?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:37:56 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 06:24:30 AM »
Godlike

Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Have to think this is right even scaling Ashera down to 3 auras and ignoring terrain, Night Sword isn't really cutting it.
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Sure I guess.
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Well if I didn't see Asgard taking a Forgiver Sign I'm not much more ameniable to seeing L1 Gades take one just because he only faces three people.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III) - Raze has issues against physical tanks.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Think this is where Melbu's reign of terror ends.
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - think I agree with the logic here barring some ridiculously precise number crunching.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - Har.

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III) - Better
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)  - oh god i forgot how bad danette is against mages
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - going with the crowd on this one.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - e: sure, stock building
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - I... think this is right given the total of Mallow's skillset anyways, him being a mage/healer counts more to me than his use of cymbals (to be fair I do weigh in his use of cymbals... but it's not enough for me to see him with a favorable attack match.)
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - Chidori is that horrible to me.
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Summoner going first that is rich.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:42:07 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 07:07:47 AM »
Ricardo should double after Gale, which is bad times. EDIT: To be clear, Ricardo doesn't need a stall strat here.  Gale, Attack x2, Attack x2, win.  (Or Attack x2 -> Fated Day's End, Leo is not durable, and FDE might well be seen as double-able anyway.)  He only eats 2 Leonardo attacks that way and also has regen, there's no way Leo is 2HKOing through that.

Even if you see Gale allowing doubles (and allow AoE stuff to double), Leo turns them back off by switching to Lughnasadh. It's a damage hit, but Ricardo also wastes a turn on the buff (it won't let him doubleturn before the match ends due to a combination of the recoil on the move and the fact that he is ever-so-barely faster already at base).

Ricardo's basic physicals also trigger counters, IMO (gun/bow attacks are all I see doing it), so he has to go with Fated Day's End... admittedly I had forgotten that exists and was just looking at his magic. So actually I take it back, Gale does have a use after all, since it allows him to not be lapped despite recharge times on these moves, since he should probably use 'em.

The fight's actually pretty good and I should probably look at it more.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »
Even under most worst conditions for Ricardo (Ether Purge might change things), I think he has this. Assuming that Leonardo does 46% of his HP
Ricardo (Arc Cure, 35% Stock)
Leonardo- Attack, 46% Damage done, Ricardo at 55% Stock
Ricardo (Arc Cure, Heals 45% with Regen, Ricardo at 80% Stock)
Leonardo- Attack, 46% Damage done, Ricardo at 47%, Ricardo at 100% Stock
Ricardo- Has accumulated enough CT to use a spell (no counter) with a 93% CT and not be doubled, so he does.  Actually has enough for fated days end, but regardless. two Hot Blood and 1 Fated Day's End (or 1 Hot Blood, 1 Fated Day's End 1 Physical) will off Leonardo thanks to his HP
Leonardo- Attack, Doesn't Kill
Ricardo- Doubles attack of magic, magic or magic, physical. Second attack kills

Not enough attacks for highest respect for Deadeye to kick in

He loves Arc Cure gaining an extra dimension with Stock generation.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »
Godlike

Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)
vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- L1 Gades isn't Holy weak, the lucky bastard.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)- Raze has a long time to set up a break chain. I don't think I would see Yellow Scarves getting that.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Not Melbu. Also see Random.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)- Negatis. Even if Frej resists it isn't enough.

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)- Better.
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)- Fred's evade makes Bow sad even before stun is a factor.
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)- Ugly.

Light

Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:29 PM »
Okay, vote changed on Ricardo vs. Leonardo. I didn't realise stock gain happened so quickly even when healing.

Raze has a long time to set up a break chain. I don't think I would see Yellow Scarves getting that.

I'd agree that Yellow Scarves shouldn't get it, since they don't get unbalanced/stun. However, Kindness Drops does, so there's a better case there.

That said, it doesn't matter. Break only allows ONE attack to critical (and doing so immediately ends the break status, and yes timed cards can do this). Even assuming Raze sets up for his strongest critical possible, a critical Drive Calibur does around 2500 (Dhyer doesn't list the defence he takes his figures against, so I'm not sure, but it's around here), which is just over half PCHP. As long as Percival heals up before he gets broken (he knows when it's coming), that isn't a threat at all, since Raze will only get that + whatever attack he uses to break Percival + maybe a stray Falling Blades between Percival's turns. That struggles to hit 1PCHP against average defence/evade, so will do much less here.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »
Mmm yeah, makes sense. Percy (Even with his unremarkable damage) can easily outlast Raze's HP/SP even with Blessing of Light. Suppose I should figure out if I allow that ID weapon or not.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Yeah, pretty good fight.
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Welp. Imagine this against L2 Gades just for the lolz.

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III) - I don't think I give MK2 PCs their status effects. And that's Raze's only chance here.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I suppose Melbu's mdef could make Drain's accuracy sorta problematic, but his offense is anemic enough to make it not really matter.
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - I'm not really gonna try to figure this out, since it boils down to ridiculously precise numbercrunching.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - Sure.

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sergeant Jordi (Suikoden III) - Duck power, I suppose.
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Danette against mages so bad, but so so bad.
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - I suppose. Stun rate isn't very good (isn't Fred's Stun conditioned to Chief's Hat?), but the way Suikoden stun works, it really gets Bow killed if it procs even once.
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI) - lul. Mog's like 4x PC HP against physicals, Luke's "pressure" is downright meaningless here.

Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - If I squint, I could even see Mallow hitting an offensive advantage with cymbals, but I don't think I'd see him getting a defensive advantage -at all-. I'm more inclined to see him entirely as a mage/healer, though, which is real bad news against Tricia.
Frederick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - I'm preeetty sure Tetrakarn gets multihit attacks in P3... but not double attacks, methinks (see Rage'd physicals), which I'd see as close enough to what Brave swings are in FE? This makes things complicated, since Frederick 4HKOs Chidori at worst (two-rounds for sure) and I don't think I see any lapping occurring here. Oh, and Chidori only two-rounds Frederick with her magic to boot. Tough luck.
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - Summoner speed be a bit of a thing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:19:22 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 01:45:03 AM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III): Melee immunity?
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Nihil is cool and might disable Auto-Haste if he attacks her directly (But can't he just target an area with her in it?)
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV): Tyrant->Astral
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom): So uh... Hey Riou's Forgiver Sign has this cool trick where it heals him too.

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III): Apparently he has the physical durability for this? Or can Raze get to his super-mode? Hmm.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics): Slurp.
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): I want to say his accuracy tears into her evade and that is the source of her durability but I am uncertain.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II): Does Shot even check evade?
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI): Yeah I let Mog get the Def boost from accessories so he takes the immunity.

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): I don't let him double... double.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 02:04:32 PM »
Godlike
Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - RIP part 2
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Think NEB is right? Orlandu runs into some issues trying to deal with the Cover Auras is my kneejerk. Though, I guess if you toss out the terrain bonus or scale Ashera harder, he has a chance. He needs to drain enough not just on double turns to make this doable methinks.

Heavy
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - I may math this later, but yeah, interp issues and dealing with accuracy v evasion which is always fun since you can't scale directly. For the record, my kneejerk is that Georg has the advantage, although both sides have some benefits over the other (Georg has the ID, Eirika can swap her weapon to something slightly more accurate). Going first and 2HKOing gives him the slight edge.

Middle
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI) - Mog vs someone complete reliant on physicals that is rich.

Light
Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Looks like Dhyer's mathed this out, so...
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - Failure. I suppose its possible that Chidori one rounds Fred if you see her doubling but I'm not inclined to do so. And yes, I can confirm for Snow that is how Tetrakarn interacts with physicals in P3, so yeah, Brave weapon Fred wins.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III) - same reasons as before. Idly I'm not sure there's anyone who would beat Tibarn then lose to Nailah?
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - holy explosion surely avoids counters so he can pick auras off no problem, but...yeah, he needs Night Sword vs Ashera herself and that absolutely does not. The healing isn't enough, he gets outslugged.
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X) vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) - just higher calibur of slugging boss, imo.
Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - requires remembering L1, pass

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III) - gut...check? Percival is a disgustingly good phys tank with plenty of healing, he may just flat out run Raze out of juice.
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics) - drain exists, sure
Georg Prime (Suikoden V) vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - uh, shit. Georg is stupidly accurate, though so is Eirika. I think I'm just gonna give it to him on the weight of his counters being ITE(though not guaranteed to proc) while hers are not and him having the higher damage/durability. Gut says he needs fewer connected hits to win.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) - sooner or later Rune fights will stop being just "negatis, next" but that day is not today.

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III) - same game, better at it
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - even if typing was neutral, Clarine's evade would give Danette fits.
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III) vs Bow (Breath of Fire II) - Fred kills if he gets a stun, eh? Sure, I'll buy him getting that before Shot goes off.
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI) - this may be the biggest mismatch of the week, and we've got Violetta vs pure melee in godlike. Geez

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I don't let non-fe chars do fe doubles as usual for me, but I also have absolutely zero leonardo respect so hey.
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Well, they've both got offense advantage to me(he's music on offense when using cymbals, mage on defense, seems easy enough) and she should go first(range). He can't go for healing or she just heal locks him. So it goes.
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening) vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3) - huh, if she goes for tetrakarn it'll reflect one attack and she'll take the other. He...almost certainly has better Def and HP so fred's damage will kill chidori before it kills fred himself.
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword) - speed sinks it, sure.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
Belated, but re "double credit" on speed buffs vs. Fire Emblem: Eh, I see the argument, but I don't think that it's THAT bad.  There exist effects in-game that mess with speed (Rally Speed, White Pool, Seal Speed), so I'm okay with letting other casts mess with FE attack speed.  I will say that if I wanted to be harsh on Ricardo, I'd still let him at least *pick* which sense of speed he's buffing himself with - i.e. either he gets vanilla ATB doubles with Gale, or he gives those up but buffs his invisible FE Attack Speed instead.  He'd obviously pick having his now better speed reflected in "FE doubling" if he could, so "single credit" is all he needs.

(Also, I'd be inclined to see buff'd Ricardo doubling Lughansand Leo, in that Leo should nearly always be using it anyway, but that one can change a lot via different other-cast-to-FE-AS interps, so.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 05:04:50 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 04:05:30 PM »
Godlike

Riou (Suikoden II) vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) - Pretty sure I see Riou beating either form, not like it matters though!

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V) I allow Yellow Scarves, but I'm not entirely sure Frey kills Rune in two turns anyway.

Middle

Light

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 01:58:36 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 12:49:26 AM »
Godlike

Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Violetta (Grandia III)- iiiiiiiii
Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iii vs Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- iiiiiii
Yunalesca (Final Fantasy X)- iiiii vs Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- iiiiii
Riou (Suikoden II)- iiiii vs Gades (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- ii

Heavy

Razeluxe Meitzen (Mana Khenmia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- ii vs Percival Fraulein (Suikoden III)- iiiiii
Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- ii vs Beowulf Kadmus (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiiiiii
Georg Prime (Suikoden V)- iiiiiiii vs Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- i
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- iiiiiiiii vs Freyjadour Falenas (Suikoden V)

Middle

Kyle (Suikoden V) vs Sargent Jordi (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiiii
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Clarine (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)- iiiii
Fred Maximillian (Suikoden III)- iiiiiiiiii vs Bow (Breath of Fire II)
Luke fon Fabre (Tales of the Abyss) vs Mog (Final Fantasy VI)- iiiiiiiii

Light

Ricardo Gomez (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiiiiii vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- i
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- iiiiii vs Mallow (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- i
Fredrick (Fire Emblem: Awakening)- iiiii vs Chidori Yoshino (Persona 3)- i
Summoner (Bravely Default) vs Igrene (Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword)- iiiiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.