Author Topic: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)  (Read 13645 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: A New Day Dawns (Episode 2)
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 06:17:59 AM »
The people, once enraptured by the conversation now seem nervous, but Si is unperturbed.

"You seek Fang Deshi, the one granted title of Lord of Nine Rivers by those he has now betrayed. But you would be wise to temper your fury. Of course, I shall not stop you from whatever course you choose. The heart pf Nine Rivers is in the mountains to the south, and there the hedonistic lord waits."

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:01 AM »
Lee brushes a string of hair out of her eyes. "You may be assured that we shall determine the truth," Lee replies. "Do not think our fury will blind us. A calm heart can endure gross injustice and see stand watch through the night to see the dawn. But only rage can cleanse monstrosity. My thanks for your news, Tranquil One."
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2016, 06:43:11 AM »
"May the waters of myself and my sisters carry you safely to whatsoever destination you seek." She smiles, though there is a trace of sadness in it.

She turns to the people who have been less involved in the onversation. "Be well, daughter of the Proud Silver and my devout people. Walk carefully and bear what weight you must for now, for river's flow is unending. No pain is eternal." Assuming no interjections she shall step back towards the river, her form seeming to melt as she strides deeper into it until there is nary but the ripples of water left.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2016, 12:00:12 AM »
Lee turns and talks back towards the ship. "She says that the Lord of Nine Rivers is touched by the Unconquered Sun and possesses a compelling tongue, yet she claims he has given into base urges to such an extent that he now trades souls with the Fair Folk in return for new pleasures," she tells her companions. "I intend to go to this man and find out the truth."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2016, 01:06:04 AM »
"Another of the Sunborn?" Akeha wonders aloud, frowning. "He must have gone mad."

"I agree completely, we should seek fallen cousin of ours, and determine his state... and if necessary, deliver him from whatever curse befalls him, however we can," she adds grimly. "And to do so with the holy blessing of Si's tranquil waters, at her ascent to our possibly violent interdiction of such horrors."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »
"He must have been enraptured by the Fair Folk, or perhaps he is some other kind of entity," Lee insists. "At the heart of all this is a lie, I am certain!"

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »
Akeha glances sideways at Lee. "Are you sure? Isn't this precisely what the tales say can happen to our kind?" she muses, shaking her head. "I hardly think we are immutable forces more pure than the Gods themselves."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2016, 01:38:19 AM »
"There are tales for everything!" Lee exclaims. "Typically used to frighten children or as an excuse for a corrupt hegemony! Such stories are always turned to the use of local powers and grow far beyond the bounds of truth in time. I should know. I used to tell them.

"But I do believe this, with all my heart. Lady Hakuhi, we must have been Chosen for a higher purpose. The Unconquered Sun is sacrosanct- a god of gods, if you will, pure in a way most gods no longer even strive to achieve."

"I can accept many possibilities, even that one of us could be somehow misled or ensorcelled. But that we are all set on a path to abject failure, or worse, evil, is not one to consider. Otherwise, what is the point of us? If our achievements will inevitably turn to blood-soaked dust, there is no reason for us to be here!

"I cannot believe that. We must be different to this Lord of the Nine Rivers, and by meeting him we will be able to draw a clear line between us, and the legends of the Anathema. It's something, I think, we all need to witness."

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:14 AM »
Rishi shrugs along with the conversation,. "I don't really care if this guy is a Solar, a Dragon-blooded, a god, a spirit, demon, Fair Folk, whatever. All I care about is if he is truly bargaining off innocent civilians. If he is, I'm doing my job and that's that." Rishi grips his sword's hilt tight as he walks back onto the boat.

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2016, 01:46:04 AM »
"Perhaps not inevitable, but perhaps whatever the Anathema curse was remains a threat," she shrugs. "What is the point of our power if we are so easily deceived and ensorcelled by chaos? I think you have abandoned one dogma for another, and I think we fall short of yet proving worthy of dogma," Akeha laughs bitterly. "Explore the Light of the Unconquered Sun with me, Lady Aaeiko, but I beg you - do not project hope borne of despair in the Gods onto ourselves yet."

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 01:57:21 AM »
"People need to believe in righteousness," insists Lee, stepping back onto the boat. "But abstract principles are not enough for the common man. They must be embodied by people- or gods, and shown through demonstrative acts. If not by us, then who?"

"Let me assure you of one thing. When tyranny is in evidence, me and mine will not balk from confronting it. So. We will see, and pray."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 03:25:51 AM »
"We certainly will," Akeha agrees, stepping back onto the boat with everyone else, and signalling the samurai to follow suit if any had gotten off. At least they had an objective now.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 05:16:29 AM »
((OOC: Boat folks, could you all give me Awareness? Sight specialties apply. Our airborne scouts may have +2 dice. This is about a day and some change after the previous scene.))

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:26 AM »
[23:33] <May> roll 6#d10
[23:33] <Tarubot> May rolled : 6#d10 --> [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}

Now more concerned than ewver with their safety, Akeha is often found near the front of the boat, watching the waves and shore slide past with her blue jadesteal tipped spear leaning against her shoulder. She seemed a touch sullen about the task ahead of them, but none the less determined to see it through after talking to the river's goddess.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 06:01:22 AM »
Seated on the railing of the ship, Lee strums her sanxian to while away the time of their passage. The voice is not coming today, but even so she can still produce a slow tune laden with pregnant serenity.

[15:36] <Pluck> Roll 6#1d10
[15:36] <Tarubot> Pluck rolled : 6#1d10 --> [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}, [ 1d10=7 ]{7}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 06:13:17 AM »
After mention of a need for his special services, Rishi is constantly alert and scanning the area from above for any signs of trouble, his eyes darting around and his awakened senses working at full capacity to process every minute detail in mere fractions of seconds.

OOC: Activating Sensory Acuity Prana from Personal pool every hour, so it is effectively committed constantly.

<Magey> roll 9#d10
<Tarubot> 1,0Magey rolled :1,0 9#d10 --> 1,0[ 1d10=6 ]1,0{6}, 1,0[ 1d10=9 ]1,0{9}, 1,0[ 1d10=8 ]1,0{8}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=2 ]1,0{2}, 1,0[ 1d10=5 ]1,0{5}, 1,0[ 1d10=1 ]1,0{1}, 1,0[ 1d10=2 ]1,0{2}, 1,0[ 1d10=8 ]1,0{8}

4 Successes. Also, Difficulty 2-3 checks made without need for a roll, will get +2 dice to notice hidden persons or devices, and the Difficulty of seeing in poor visibility conditions is dropped by 1.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 06:58:55 AM »
Those on the Boat

A few thin plumes of thick black smoke rise a ways in from the river, beyond the thick, drooping willows that line the banks.

Rishi

Obviously you catch that as well, but your vantage gives you a little more information. It appears to be coming from a small village a bit inland. A building or two on the edge of it smolders. People appear to be gathered in the center, though from here it is difficult to tell what they are doing. Not rioting or fighting, at least?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:07:14 AM by AndrewRogue »

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »
A discordant note stirs Lee from her focus, and she stands up to stare at fire's offerings.

"Aerial masters!" she calls, projecting her voice towards the sky. "From what source comes the flame?"

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 04:07:23 PM »
As Rishi spots the embers, he requests Khun temporarily lower the cloud.

As they get within talking distance of those on the boat, Rishi pipes up. "There's a small village a little inland. The people are gathered at the center, but they do not fight or riot. Despite that, however, a couple of buildings on the edge of the city are the source of the smoke. Perhaps Akeha, you and I should swap places and you and Khun go investigate? They don't seem violent, and you are the figurehead of this whole operation. Would probably look better if you went than I?" Rishi's voice gets noticeably uncertain with that last sentence.

Carthrat

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 11:48:40 PM »
"That's a good idea," Lee says, glancing at Akeha. "We can head over to join you on foot shortly."

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2016, 09:06:33 PM »
"It's a plan," Akeha agrees, hefting her spear over her shoulder and trading places with Rishi to float through the sky on towards the signs of destruction.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2016, 12:35:59 AM »
Cloud Riders

As you close the distance, the group of people doesn't appear to be a mob, so much as an organized crowd, facing a pair of people. Even from a distance their garb seems strange, looking a bit like cloaks made of leaves and flowers. How're you gonna keep coming up?

Boat Riders

The boatsmen put to work immediately, searching for a suitable place to dock while the samurai set about arming themselves.

Patroklia approaches Lee. "Shall we all go, sensei?"

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2016, 04:41:42 AM »
"Please, bring us closer, Master Zhao, wqe need hear what they say," Akeha insists quietly, gripping her spear a little more tightly.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2016, 05:01:13 AM »
Cloud Riders

He nods and will bring the cloud low and wide, trying to use the coverage of some of the trees to get near without being obvious.

((OOC: Gimme Awareness + Perception, Hearing. You want 2 to get some safe distance hearing. Less and you'll need to put yourself in a riskier position to listen in.))

May

• Eris's Padding
  • Denizen
  • Lalatina~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »
((OOC:

[22:58] <May> roll 6#d10
[22:58] <Tarubot> May rolled : 6#d10 --> [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=10 ]{10}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=1 ]{1}, [ 1d10=5 ]{5}, [ 1d10=9 ]{9}

3 Successes))