Author Topic: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper  (Read 148574 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Record Keeping Final Fantasy Record Keeper
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2015, 08:15:11 PM »
EDIT: You mean FFXII Garuda. I don't think that'll work, even if Tides of Fate hit for 9999, that's likely less than 20% of its HP even on Classic. I'd just buckle up and hone Dark and Drain, the weakness REALLY stings on him.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:26:30 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2015, 08:38:29 PM »
Dunno what I'll do about Garuda, but thanks to my buddy's based Fran, I managed to eek my way past the 95 Demon Wall.

EDIT
That fight gave me the orbs I need to craft Quake AND Dismissal. Nice. This is very nice.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:42:10 PM by Veryslightlymad »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2015, 08:50:04 PM »
Oooooh, Fran's unique SB is also ranged. The added damage from breakdowns may help! Also, you could equip a Celerity PC with Knife Toss for ranged physical damage.

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2015, 08:54:43 PM »
I could stick my Hayate's bow on Thancred.

Roll Thancred/Luneth/Ashe/Rinoa/Rydia (maybe Golbez)

Thancred spams all the Tempo Flurries I got. Luneth equips my "5" star FFXII Hammer and tosses knives, getting synergy bonus from the hammer, somehow. Ashe/Rinoa/othermage blast it with spells.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »
Give it a try. If it works, the rewards are worth it.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
  • Saving the world with curry and coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2015, 10:37:43 PM »
Garuda doesn't have much hp compared to the other bosses.  As I recall don't you have Refia leveled?  Could always run chi blast on her.  I't s not great damage but it's easy to hone.

Magetastica

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2015, 03:35:09 AM »
If you're running the slugfest strat, VSM, then I'd suggest prioritizing a healer over a mage. Damage mitigation+healing is super duper uber useful in slugfesting. I only suggest this because that's what I was rocking until I decided to toss a 1-pull bone to the FF12 gods and got Ashe's SB weapon.

Currently my team is

Zack  Lvl 61 - A. Break (8 charges)/Dismissal (4 charges)
Thancred Lvl 53 - Rallying Etude (6 charges)/Tempo Flurry (4 charges)
Ashe Lvl 32 - Quake (4 charges)/Waterja (4 charges)
P. Cecil Lvl 50 - Draw Fire (6 charges)/Shellga (2 charges)
Aeris Lvl 54 - Curaga (8 charges)/Diaga (4 charges)

General plan is to bruteforce my way through trash mobs (and eventually get Ashe the Spring materia to quakespam) and then, thanks to the gods deciding I must use physical setups forever, I unload on bosses with Damage Mitigation -> Rallying Etude -> Planet Protector -> Armor Break -> Dancing Edge -> Rush Assault. This tends to drain things of most of their HP, and then I just spam Dismissal/Waterja/Tempo Flurry until the thing is dead.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2015, 03:53:04 AM »
Garuda has only single target attacks, so Draw Fire + Retaliate + a ranged weapon makes him kill himself, since he hastes himself.

Drain is dark-elemental, so keep that in mind.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2015, 04:42:10 AM »
Try 2. Less tired and drunk I realize that both Gilgy and Seph don't need to retaliate and Seph can use double hit just fine. Incidentally, for Gilgamesh, Zach's glove is an equally good option as Seph's katana, go fig (I could still give him the Katana then put Seph's Katana Strength up RM on him but meh I don't have a good secondary weapon for Seph and I'd like to make sure flaming weeb hits 9999).  Setup is

Faris (Box Polka[def down song], Tempting the Furry)
Seph (Flaming Weeb, Double Hit)
Gilgy (COME AT ME BRO)
Yuna (Shellga, Curaga)
Aeris (Strongwater, Curaga)

Gilgy come at me bro strats tear shit up for the most part, but unfortunately I neglected to realize that Baha's adds have MT physicals as well, and SG wears off too quickly to not have Protectga.  Watching videos of people doing this fight I have no idea how they aren't just constantly healing.  Also, I was incorrect - Shadow Creepers do defend against defense dropping, so the dance was a bad idea. The minor tweaks for next time are obvious, at least. Another issue I'm seeing is that since I don't have any way of targetting my attacks, Gilgy spends a lot of turns chewing through the adds instead of whittling down Bahamut, which in itself isn't that bad since it seems Giga/Petaflare are on HP triggers, but is obnoxious nonetheless. In light of this, definitely considering swapping out Double Hit for Indoor Spell on Seph, so he can build up Hells Gates since his damage isn't that far off of Gilgamesh's.

EDIT: Still S/Ling this try. Attacking Bahamut once before engaging the adds ensures Reta counters go to Bahamut. Consider not engaging the adds until the first Gigaflare charge, then using the splash damage from the cancellation + Flaming Weeaboo to take them down in a couple rounds. Doing this had the first wave die when Bahamut was just a little over 25% HP, so that will probably be the smoothest way of getting the 8 kills I need.

EDIT2: Ugh. Yikes. That is a lot of damage. I'll try one more time today but I have a feeling I'm going to need to spend Mythril to actually beat this.

EDIT3: After watching the video on the site Snow linked that beat the fight without SSBs, I realize one thing to try is swapping out Yuna for Mog. Apparently in addition to Regen, his Holy Lance SB adds DEF up and will help mitigate after I'm out of SG charges. I'll try this and give up for the day if it doesn't work, and revisit it tomorrow. I'm also really close to unlocking Luneth's MC1, and with some luck I can probably get his auto-haste RM before my attempts tomorrow.

EDIT4: Well, no SG charges, but someone with Aerith's SSB, and more of that is never bad. Let's do this.

E5: Nope, no go.

Things to consider:

DEFINITELY need Grimiore or Stone Skin. Be patient next time.
Come At Me Bro is nice, but with all the MT flying around I'm still healing like a Mofo all the time. Additionally, potentially unnecessary with regards to physical mitigation if I have Mog's SB up in addition to Protectga.
Tempo Flurry is 10 charges of 6000-7000 damage that I can't aim and requires Gilgamesh to be in Reta. This is usually fine, but if Flare kills it knocks Gilga out of Reta and then I can't do shit. Additionally, Waterja SHOULD be about the same damage unbuffed, and Terra can use Strongwater and has more durability here.

Considering, just to not blow more stamina than necessary, the following Setup:

Terra (Waterja, Thundaja... perhaps R1Meteo, if I can somehow scrounge up the Major Black orbs for it)
Yuna (Valefor, Shellga)
Seph (FWeeb, Indoor Spell)
Mog (Protectga, Curaga)
Aeris (Diaga, Curaga)

and then just blowing mythril on restarting the fight when I lose. Eventually I'm bound to get enough spell charges to make Valefor and Thundaga/Meteo Viable options, or enough defensive stats that they don't need to be. I guess my overall dilemma with that is, are the rewards worth spending 5-10 mythril on? The answer would be yes.

I could also blow mythril with my current setup, but I'm not sure if that'd be more or less expensive. It would certainly make landing on +Ability Charges useless, since running out of charges is not my issue here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:22:13 AM by Makkotah »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »
Did some record materia 2 grinding during the downtime.  Got WoL, Luneth, Pecil, Irvine, Fran, Bard.  Last 4 were in the space of about 10 minutes.  Fabul castle so good.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2015, 04:23:04 PM »
Currently just farming orbs. Yesterday, I picked up enough Greater Dark Orbs to hone Bioga to R3, but I'm saving those for Ruinga. If I pick up two more Greater Holy Orbs and eight more Greater Black Orbs before the end of the month' I can hone Ruinga straight to R3. Also seems likely we'll have our next dungeon update tomorrow night. Completing that -and- Terra's reissue before the 18th will be my top priorities.

Veryslightlymad

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
I could stick my Hayate's bow on Thancred.

Roll Thancred/Luneth/Ashe/Rinoa/Rydia (maybe Golbez)

Thancred spams all the Tempo Flurries I got. Luneth equips my "5" star FFXII Hammer and tosses knives, getting synergy bonus from the hammer, somehow. Ashe/Rinoa/othermage blast it with spells.

Plan worked to perfection.

This is the first time I've cleared all the stages of an event. NOW FOR THE BOSS RUSH*

*I am not actually going to attempt the boss rush

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2015, 11:11:05 PM »
I'd give it a try. If you can clear all the stages of an event, you almost certainly can beat a boss rush spending a Mythril, and the rewards are always worth it.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2015, 02:32:05 AM »
Yeah, this is a pretty short boss rush too. All of the bosses have decreased health and damage due to being part of the rush, so conceivably if you have the Mythril, you can heal on each one of them and go at them in better shape than when you originally faced them and at their decreased stats.

---

Unlike Snow and Cap, I haven't managed to fully clear all of the Elite dungeons yet, so I have plenty of things to keep me busy. I've mostly been holding off on them for weekends when I can devote time to actually planning stamina shard refreshes for maximum efficiency. Especially since so many of the Elites I have left are in the 100-stamina range.

Going out of order, so most of the rewards left are non-essential apart from the Stamina shards themselves. I have a bunch of FF5 dungeons left, but I'm considering waiting until I have some FF5 characters to level up there to do them. Especially since one of them is Archeoaevis (sp?) and that fight was a goddamn nightmare on Classic, so I -know- the Elite version is going to be rage-inducing. A single Major Fire Orb and a stamina shard isn't worth that.

Hmm... posting a 'to do' list here for quick reference for myself since the game's UI is bad at telling me what I have left to do:

FFI: Tiamat (86 stam)
FFII: Roundworm (56 stam)
FFIV: Four Fiends Rush* (76 stam)
FFV: Sandworm* (58), Cray Claw* (77), Adamantoise* (61), Archeoaevis* (81), Purobolos* (61)
FFVII: Mako Reactor I* (13 stam, I'm saving it for an emergency stamina refresh!)
FFVIII: Edea/Seifer (81)
FFX: Seymour1 (73), Seymour Natus (61) ...fuck this.

Asterisks indicate a Stamina Shard.

There's a whole stamina point in FF5 dungeons alone... >.>;;

Hmm... which one should I do next?
Sandworm, Aevis, and the Seymours are suck. The Four Fiends rush isn't particularly hard-looking, but requires fully thinking out the perfect party setup... I guess I should finish up FF2 and FF8 first?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:22:00 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2015, 03:07:30 AM »
So this is where I was going to make my bragging post about already being done with the FF12 bonus battles, but it turns out +++ boss is actually hard.

Boss rush:  Didn't lose a single medal.  Demon Wall Far got slowed on the first attack and only got off two attacks before dying.

Fantastic Four:  Lost two medals to damage.  Their unmitigated Jumps were hitting 2400 right off the bat before I got my buffs up.  After that Quake and Yukikaze and one Balthier SB smashed them nicely.

Ifrit cosplayer:  Damn every single attack this guy has is MT.  You will need two white mages, one with Protectga and one with Shellga.  Probably Curaga on both.  I'll probably have to craft Waterga so I have enough offense to kill him, R4 Waterja ran out of charges too quickly.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2015, 03:50:31 AM »
I missed mastery on Belias as well. My main issue was trying to juggle offense and Curaga on Ashe (foolishly gave Slowga and Protectga to Arc), ended up losing mastery due to Rinoa dying when he was under 10% HP. I think I might replace Sazh with a Protectga/Shellga mage and hand Ashe Boost, but we'll see. I wish I could spare a slot for Dispel.

EDIT: Okay, Belias mastered. Winning setup:

Lightning (L65, Danjuro/Adamant Bangle/Ruby Ring, Self-Sacrifice): R5 Tempo Flurry, R3 Dismissal
Arc (L59, Judgment Rod/Monk Robe/Corsage Ring, Zeal): R3 Dispel, R5 Curaga
Ashe (L51, Empyrean Rod ++/Gold Hairpin/Magic Armlet, Vow of Vengeance): R4 Waterja, R4 Faith
Rinoa (L65, Oak Staff/Evoker's Horn/Pearl Rouge, Devotion): R5 Waterga, R5 Comet
Sazh (L59, Running Fire/Viking Coat/Hyper Wrist, Sky Pirate's Pride): R2 Power Breakdown, R3 Magic Breakdown

Roaming Warrior: Sentinel's Grimoire

I decided to forgo Protect/Shell along with Slowga and just hope Tempo Flurry procced Slow. First run, the fight was about to get out of control and Slow hadn't procced even once, so I S/L'd. Second run went smoothly: Slow procced twice and Belias wasted some turns with Great Barrier refreshing, so things worked out. The maxed Waterga was -really- important: I ran out of charges on both Waterja and Waterga by the time the fight ended, and the finishing blow was actually from Comet. Still, it's a controllable fight and it doesn't heavily rely on the first turn either, since Belias is very predictable: all his offense is MT and his magic is both rare and not all that stronger than his physical. Done with this event, which means I can devote all my time tomorrow to L50ing Ricard and Tellah. Maybe I'll slot in Ashe and Vaan as well.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:18:44 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2015, 01:51:33 PM »
Tried another time with the last setup listed, ewww Valefor and Mageterra were bad ideas. <5k damage. Diaga on Aeris was a good move, though, since that hit 8k without buffing. Not blowing mythril on this setup.

I realize that I can craft R1 Magic Breakdown, and part of what was getting me before was his MT magic. Gonna go back to Come At Me Bro strats, I guess, and put Terra back in with Water of Strong and Magic Breakdown then chew through mythril like a madman. Motivating for continuing to do the fight is waning though and I may just give up.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
Sundailyways, here we come. Cap-broke Tellah, currently running a four-character party for purposes of levelling up Ricard.

Captain K

• Ugly Old Man
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:20 PM »
Mastered Belial.  Went very smoothly, although I was really lucky with Tempo Flurry and Dismissal.  Dismissal procced 3 times, which is crazy good.

Selphie (R5 Curaga, R2 Shellga)
Balthier (R5 Tempo Flurry, R4 Dismissal)
Vivi (R4 Waterja, R2 Waterga)
Garnet (R2 Dispel, R2 Protectga)
Sephiroth (R3 Power Break, R4 Magic Break)

Crafted Flare as my reward.  141/144 quests done.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
Sundailyways, here we come. Cap-broke Tellah, currently running a four-character party for purposes of levelling up Ricard.

??? Why only 4 characters?

Anyway, I'm done trying with Bahamut Sin. It's just not happening, even after blowing 5 mythril. The bonuses for spending mythril helped but god he just has too much offense and the second I have to start playing catchup on healing is the point where I've lost the battle. I guess it's possible that I could win if I spent the rest of my mythril but tbh I'm getting bored. Honestly, if I just had R1 Meteo or Full Break I think this would be very doable with mythril spending but as of now it is a no go.  Oh well, maybe the drops in the Ultima dungeon will give me enough Crystals to convert into Major orbs so that I can get Meteo/Flare/Etc.

Come At Me Bro is great if you're a peasant but I need to get rich because it just doesn't cut it in this high powered fast paced world of 80's Business Bahamut. Need to mage meta harder. On a related note, it is Fire/Earth day. Tomorrow is Black Power Day. Wednesday is Earth Thunder and Lightning day. It's nice that I have plans for the next few days.

I think mythril from here on out is getting saved until a banner comes along with a Stoneskin/Sentinel Grimoire type SB. Perhaps B.Sin is coloring my opinion of the final event bosses, but methinks I'm gonna need that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:51:30 PM by Makkotah »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2015, 07:54:26 PM »

??? Why only 4 characters?

XP focuses and I want to get Ricard to L50 before the dungeon update sweeps in.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2015, 02:23:37 AM »
Dungeon update fired. My Ricard is not Level 50 yet.

But luckily he has a delicious healthy breakfast coming his way.

Dungeon update also gave us Bard and Dancer skills! Yay! I love Bard and Dancer skills!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2015, 03:24:24 AM »
Dungeon update is out, crafted all the new abilities and honed Mana's Paean to R3. Currently maiming FF5 content.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2015, 03:42:08 AM »
Beat VeliusBelias. Relying on a shared SB for Protectga was probably not the best idea in hindsight, but I made it work after 2 S/Ls. Cloud did only 4K damage with Water Strike before Planet Protector despite a 3*++ FF12 Sword and 5* bracer, but Ashe hit for over 7K with Waterga and Vivi for 9999 with Waterja/post-Focus Magic Waterga so I was ok on the damage front.

With Mana's Paean out now, I am definately planning to shift more and more over to mage-heavy teams over time.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2015, 04:38:53 AM »
The time has come for Musician Meta!

Thancred: Dismissal / Rally Song
Eiko: Valefor / Mana's Paean