Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1, Week 1  (Read 1508 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2015 Mk. 1, Week 1
« on: January 26, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default)
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V)
Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon)
Kyril (Suikoden Tactics) vs Ness (Earthbound)

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III)
Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Paula (Earthbound)
Robert (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:08:41 PM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2015 Mk. 1, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
CK, you're missing Estelle's opponent on her entry.

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundaries/Oogie Boogie (Bravely Default) - Even if Kaguya were faster, Acedia => Zeta Flare leaves her a smoldering corpse. As is? lol ohko pretty much anyway Oogie Boogie wants.
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - Well, Groudon has a wee little problem: it can't open with Eruption unless it wants to eat Braev's low HP Brave string or it dies a horrible death. So, chipping is necessary... but, given Groudon doesn't instadouble (maybe not even 3-2, I've decided to be more lenient on BD's SDs now that I've gotten a bit more knowledge on how it tiebreaks its turn order), Braev starts simply spamming Default until he has the BP for his strings, and once he has the BP for it, anything he does heal-lock even sans the low HP smash of death. GRANTED, Groudon can answer that by spamming Bulk Up itself and... hmmmm, this actually -should- work. And, given the speed split, Bulk Up+Rest actually sounds like a pretty smart strategy. Yeah, I think this Groudon can pull off.

Kyril (Suikoden Tactics) vs Ness (Earthbound) - Don't bring physicals off limited resources against Ness, kids.

Arche Klein (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Dark immunity. Press triangle for auto-battle.
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III) - Trying to kill Sharon with Middle-level physical slugging never EVER works.

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Dear -god-.
Robert (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Robert's awful healing certainly doesn't do Kain any favors and it's possibly wholly unnecessary anyway (Robert's modest evade possibly tips the fight in his favor).
Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Oh crap, Vivian hits weakness on Pikachu with her main damage. This is -ugly- (Pika doesn't avoid a 2HKO with Light Screen and isn't particularly close to OHKOing back either). Doesn't help she -immunes- paralysis too.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:47:36 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 10:30:19 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default) - oh hey overkill damage that's faster than Kaguya WELP
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - Lumping Braev's lifebars together for the sake of my sanity means it can open with Eruption if it wants and it can answer the Default strats.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V) - Zerase may not even 2HKO Aima here and this fails to matter to me.
Kyril (Suikoden Tactics) vs Ness (Earthbound) - ness laughts at your feeble pressure attempts

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - dark nulling iirc
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III) - sure

Light

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - not a TO cleric
Robert (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - not Kain
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:05:48 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »
Godlke

Bugzilla - Welp, g'bye Godlike.  (not an actual vote, but will be shocked if anything can stand up to it)

Heavy

Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Mute should be utterly ruinous to Sage.  (No vote due to no SMRPG, but it's totally the Princess's off the stat topic.)

Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon) - Using the Gen4-all stat topic.
Estelle blocks Confusion.  Even if Starmie gets godlike Cosmic Power hype to survive, he has a mere 5 shots of Hydro Pump, which is a 3HKO here and can miss (!!).  Estelle easily heals off all of Starmie's damage, and his backup damage (if even allowed to switch-in) is trash.  She has an easier time under 50 CP than 100 CP here, but she can't really lose barring letting Starmie switch in Bubble Beam and get ridic. luck on speed-downs.  (Which still wouldn't matter for me as I definitely let Estelle have the Freeze Orbment for her own low-probability status attack w/ damage.)

Middle

Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) - Uhhh.  Looks like no Silence Blocker from the TotA stat topic?  3-4 turn duration is not amazing but should probably be enough without defend / dodging hype, and Tatjana can arguably interweave some paralysis inflicting physicals.

Light

Wow, this is the dream opponent for Paula.  A probably-slower (they're both averageish speed, but Jeanne's threat range is trash compared to archers / mages) magically frail opponent?  ...except that Paula can't even manage average magical damage off MF's stat topic, fail.  Healing just lets Jeanne transform and murder her.  (No vote since no EB, but it's Jeanne.)
Worst comes to worst, CRITZ to deal with Blood Lance or whatever.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:52:18 PM »
Godlike
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)- Ryu wishes that he was not firmly below average speed.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- I would imagine as a gut reaction, but if anyone has more thought out math numbers...

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V)- Aima is good at taking a hit. Zerase cries at high physical damage.
Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon)- Heal and smite. Block Confuse too
Kyril (Suikoden Tactics) vs Ness (Earthbound)- Two ends of Heavy.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- I think the halving should be enough?
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III)- Sharon in Middle???? That Pdur/evade+healing+Sleep+decent damage+Status immunity option
Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)- I think. For me, Tear can choose to block Silence or Paralysis. Paralysis is worse, so she blocks that. Tatjana Silences her, uses Mirage Field, rushes.

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Paula (Earthbound)- Paula can't 2HKO, so Jeanne gets to Transform
Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Pikachu (Pokémon)- We know who CK wanted to win here
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 12:27:47 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default): I nommed at least one of the bug's spoilers, so we'll see. Kaguya ain't it, though.
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default): Braev being all physcial against Bulk Up Primal Groudon isn't going to work. I guess there's always default chicken with Groudon's resources but I doubt I respect that much, especially since hoooly crap at Bulk Up x6 Precipice Blades (and with Rest it is certainly going to get those off).

Heavy

Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon): Gen1 Starmie 2HKOs soundly, and has Harden to ward off any Estelle damage hype. May need a doubleturn or crit to win, but yeah it doesn't have trouble getting those. Gen 4... certainly more trouble here, for sure, but I still think it wins? Estelle can only heal 14 times and fails -miserably- at pressure, so I actually don't see why it can't win the resource war with Cosmic Power/Bubblebeam-or-Surf/Recover/Hydro Pump? In other words, Starmie only loses if you both lock its skillset and hold it to a game where skillsets can be modified between dungeons.

Middle

Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Chloe needs to keep the pressure on here or Jiro will use extra turns to Previve and/or get a Corporeal Attack which should OHKO. She has a heal-lock and will doubleturn periodically since Jiro speed, is bad - actually, wait, her only heal-locking move is kinda slow, so it'll take her like 10 turns to double... though Quick is in there too? Hmm. Of course I allow Jiro that would definitely give him the insurance he needs. Anyone else want to weigh in here?

Light

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Olivya somehow only 3HKOs the Bodyguards of 9% PCHP. What the hell. Anyway, they wreck her. If I don't allow them, though, Olivya cruises; he can't deal with her healing. Still, my kneejerk was to allow them, so eh sure.
Robert (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV): See Snow.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:22:35 AM »
Elf: I could be crazy, but I don't recall having tons of Heart Scales in Gen4?  Even if they were everywhere and plentiful, the 4 move limit is a pretty big deal in Pokemon, and you won't always have the right set of 4 moves.  Vs. random monsters & gym mooks, you won't know exactly what you're facing.  Vs. gym trainers & "bosses", sure, I guess there's "lose once, modify your loadout," but there's also competitive PvP, which won't let you see your opponents set-up in advance.  So vs. randoms and PVP, you can't necessarily set the perfect setup, and vs. bosses it still requires losing once which eats cash to know it.  (or checking the Internet, sure.)  This makes me inclined to lock DL Pokemon to a single 4 move set, yes.

That said, I'd be willing to consider that Gen4 Starmie should really have a different 4 moveset, since holy crap, assuming 1 Hydro Pump misses, the stat topic set gives him just 2 PCHP damage to win with pre-Struggle, which gets him owned by any sort of crappy healing at all (loses to ROBERT?!).  Also, not sure that even if Gen4 Starmie's best set is considered to swap in Bubble Beam over Confusion will help...  a full loadout of Bubble Beams all hitting is ~5.4 PCHP, 4x Hydro Pumps are 2 PCHP, Estelle can heal up 14 times ~= 14 PCHP worth of healing, which will be somewhat inefficient due to having to heal early, but probably not THAT inefficient.  And Gen4 Struggle is really bad in its self-damage so even if Estelle only barely out-heals, she should still outlast.  She might even win pre-Struggle if Freeze off her physical deals enough damage, as the 10% HP loss effect presumably ignores 6x Cosmic Power, and she can sit on a 200 CP Barrage to force early heals out of Starmie.  (This is a lot closer though, and now that I think about, I'd be inclined to agree that Starmie would be better off focusing on buff / heal backed by Bubble Beam and just skip the confuse game entirely.)

(Obviously, this all might be moot for Gen1 Starmie!  Dunno.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:32:09 AM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)- Ryu might be tanky enough to survive a Jack chain but I doubt it at first glance.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- Noooooooope.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V)- Status Aima or suffer.
Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Status.

Middle

Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)- Kneejerk.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 12:44:08 AM »
Estelle's 14 shots of healing are only for (just over) half of her max HP each (the full is 7 shots), so she actually only has about 7 PCHP worth of healing. And she won't be able to use all of that healing fully efficiently, as while Starmie is only 3HKOing under your assumption, she'll have to heal before every doubleturn it gets, which between its speed and Bubblebeam's speed loss aren't going to be that rare. (Alternatively, if you wanted to take the battle in TB, Starmie could throw out Cosmic Powers after the first shot of 3HKO knowing Estelle will have to heal... either way, the point is that not all healing will be used efficiently.)

Heart Scales are... actually a bit more annoying to obtain in Diamond/Pearl than almost any other pokemon game, if that's what you vote on specifically (it's notably easier in the other gen 4 games, Platimum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver, as well as RSE and XY among others. This is consistent with DP being more annoying than any other 21st century Pokemon title, but I digress <.<). I still got enough for my usual endgame routine of "delete trash HMs and replace with good stuff" but getting them en masse does involve playing a mini-game. It's certainly still far more practical to do on demand than, say, reclassing in FE13 (let alone FE8 obviously), but if you're harsh on these sorts of things I can see it. I do agree that in that case, Confuse Ray should probably not be in its default set.

Vs. random monsters & gym mooks, you won't know exactly what you're facing.  Vs. gym trainers & "bosses", sure, I guess there's "lose once, modify your loadout," but there's also competitive PvP, which won't let you see your opponents set-up in advance

This argument, though, doesn't hold much water for me. The same is true of any other equipment or skillset tinkering, in any RPG. You don't seem to have any problem with giving Estelle a confuse-blocker, even though the situation is extremely similar: you don't know if what you're facing has confuse until it's too late (or you use a guide). Same goes for various other element-blockers and so on. Many of these tend to be even more annoying - Geddoe getting spoiled because some FF9 character swaps in some trash earlygame equipment I don't even remember has always rubbed me the wrong way - but for the most part giving characters more options makes for more interesting fights. It reflects the fact that in RPGs, part of the strategy occurs before the battle even begins. So as such, we assume each character knows a great deal about their opponent, even to the point of making changes which can only be made in towns/save points (e.g. equipment which raises max MP), or which cost money/resources.

The issue of the heart scales in particular may tip this over the edge, of course. I personally don't feel it should - while hearts scales are an annoyance which counts against Pokemon in this case, it is made up for the fact that they have little in the way of other DL-legal choices, and the choices do not impact averages in that annoying cheaty way that some games' equipment monkeying does, nor are they annoying spoiler moves like shutting down an opponent's elemental attacks entirely.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »
Aw man, this is a total Djinn-bait Futurama week! Except the first match of Godlike, oddly enough.

Ooh, and a lot of my noms made it in, yays~

Godlike

Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II) - Kneejerk he OHKOs?
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Kneejerk he one-turns, though notably Yuri's OHKO is actually multi-hit.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V) - lots of damage being thrown around, Aima is faster
Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Maybe?
Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon) - Dammit NEB, I was all ready to vote for Estelle, too, but your argument actually convinces me otherwise.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Arche winning her first match makes it better though. Get'em tiger
Jiro (Blue Dragon) vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Leaning Jiro myself, though too lazy to math
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III) - Kneejerk that she outslugs Lol just kidding somehow forgot that Sharon had a rune....
Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) - I love you Tear but you're outclassed.

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc) vs Paula (Earthbound) - Survive until transformation and slaughter!
Robert (Child of Light) vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV) - Well...
Vivian (Eternal Poison) vs Pikachu (Pokémon) - Why you hatin' on my favorite rat CK?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:46:24 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 12:45:21 PM »
Quote from: Djinn
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III) - Kneejerk that she outslugs

Uh the fight isn't a slugfest. Sharon just casts Funeral Wind and Ilia dies. It's not even necessary, considering Sharon's insanely physically tanky and very evasive, along with having seven shots of sleep and four shots of healing. Ilia even wins damage in this fight (3HKO against 4HKO), but she can't possibly last longer than Sharon even tossing Funeral Wind aside.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »
Elf: Yeah, Pearl was the one I played.
Short version is that I dislike psychic equipment shuffling as well (FF9), but at least in some games you can do it in-battle, and when you can't it's usually just "go to status screen, switch, fight boss, switch back."  Swapping around Poke moves feels considerably more traumatic to me even before the resource cost - having to go to a specific person & re-spec & all.  But so it goes.  (I let FE8 characters form-swap by fights which is also unrealistic, so I can't claim any particular standard, although that at least has less surprise "oh Vivi immunes element X too / this Pokemon has Sheer Cold which you'd never ever set but helps in this one specific stall-fest".)

Estelle's EP supply: Ah, I didn't re-check the stat topic and just went off your "14 shots of healing" comment.  Still, 7 PCHP worth of healing is still enough, especially now that it will all be spent perfectly efficiently?  5.4 + 2 PCHP = 7.4 PCHP of damage, *but* Estelle still has her starting HP, so it's more like 8 PCHP that Starmie needs to grind through, and I doubt Struggle will turn the tide.  Although this is where a "stat boost off orbments" interp split might come into play if Estelle is denied any benefit from HP+...  eh.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:33 AM »
Well, the issue with the 8 PCHP vs. 7.4 is that not all of that healing will be used efficiently, as per my previous post. (And Struggle itself adds some more onto that 7.4 figure... how much depends on how many shots of Recover remain at that point.)

There are some other cases of re-spec'ing that can only be done in certain locations, although most of the examples I can think of offhand are either from games you haven't played or views you (and in most cases I) do not hold, so I won't dwell too much on that point. I am a bit surprised that you consider the potential "annoyance" of FE8 reclassing (gaining a few points of speed/defence to successfully double / avoid a 2HKO / etc.) to be less significant than a Pokemon pulling out a turn 4 status option, though (especially since the former absolutely can not be done in-game!), but we each judge these things differently.

One other advantage to allowing more flexibility (and indeed, the main reason I consider FE8 reclassing to not be completely crazy), is that it nicely sidesteps the problem of setting up an "optimum" setup in advance.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:06 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default): Goooooo Bug!
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default): Can't vote on Primal Groudon. Looks like his match though!
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II): I'm not so sure Ryu is below average speed? I don't know about shamans honestly. It's true that in order to keep them, you have to run the entire final dungeon without getting knocked out of them. That is such a freaking tall order. Guess I'll stick with Jack for now though, since I think Ryu2 is a bit slow even without Shamans...
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission): I don't think I played enough MMXCM to vote, but This is a more complicated match. Does X OHKO with his Action Trigger? Can X Dodge a Yuri combo (which may act as parasitic healing) and 2HKO him? Can he do this before Yuri kills him? Does Assassin work on Reploids? (I'd say yes, since it works on Final Zagi who is basically a human/machine hybrid!)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Zerase (Suikoden V): Tank a shot, Scatterhit.
Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon): Original Starmie owns face.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Uh... Dark Halving ought be enough. I think.
Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits) vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »
Heavy

Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon) - I'm much more generous with orbments to the Tits cast.

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) ARCHE FLIES RIGHT ABOVE NERGAL SO HE CAN'T ATTACK
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III) Wasn't Sharon in Heavy before?

Light

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

Heavy

Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Starmie (Pokémon)

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia) vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories) vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II): I'm not so sure Ryu is below average speed? I don't know about shamans honestly. It's true that in order to keep them, you have to run the entire final dungeon without getting knocked out of them. That is such a freaking tall order. Guess I'll stick with Jack for now though, since I think Ryu2 is a bit slow even without Shamans...

Ryu 2 is in fact still slower than average without Shamans in play (they effect the average by about 5 or so and he's 9 below average). Note that the Shamas boosts I did give are heavily prorated for being knocked out potentially. It's probably averages about 5% increase to stats or so.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »
I know he was slightly above average in the previous stat topic. Is the difference from lighter armour (Rand in particular), etc.?

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 02:23:07 AM »
Yeah, there are some differences there that are pretty significant. Sten, Jean and Rand are all notable (8 Speed>>>>>>>>5 Def and 5 Atk for Sten and Jean in game and in the DL. 16 Speed>all that extra defense for Rand because that defense hits a wall pretty quickly due to BoF 2 funky mechanics (not even factoring the questionable legality for Mammoth CL since Katt arguably gets more use of out of it). Deis also has a great level up on the extra level she gets (and should get at least that extra level, since that's her Great Bird baseline. Either way or everyone else should lose levels). All this combine to put Ryu below average.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) vs Piercer of Boundries (Bravely Default)- iiii
Primal Groudon (Pokémon Omega Ruby)- iiiii vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)
Jack Russel (Radiata Stories)- iii vs Ryu (Breath of Fire II)- i
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- iii vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiiii vs Zerase (Suikoden V)
Sage (Dragon Quest III) vs Peach Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iii
Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iii vs Starmie (Pokémon)- iii (CK Vote)
Kyril (Suikoden Tactics) vs Ness (Earthbound)- iiiii

Middle

Arche Klain (Tales of Phantasia)- iiiiii vs Nergal (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Jiro (Blue Dragon)- ii vs Chloe Hertzog (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Ilia Silvestri (Star Ocean: First Departure) vs Sharon (Suikoden III)- iiiiii
Tatjana (Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits)- iiiiiii vs Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Olivya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- i vs Mack the Knife (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiii
Jeanne (Jeanne D'Arc)- iii vs Paula (Earthbound)
Robert (Child of Light)- iiiiiii vs Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV)
Vivian (Eternal Poison)- iiii vs Pikachu (Pokémon)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:24:33 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.