imageRegister

Author Topic: RPGDL 2014 Season 3, Week 3: What do animals need with a god?  (Read 2457 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2014 Season 3, Week 3: What do animals need with a god?
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 02:07:15 PM »
Honestly I don't think there's that large a gap between the Rudys, though do note that I vote on WA1o without mediums which makes Rudy's 2HKO quite impressive indeed there, too. (Still need to actually look at that much...)

Agreed on the difference in division gap. Part of the issue IMO lies in the FP gain rates. It takes Rudy at least 3 turns to use Lock On, which are often times going to be turns he doesn't get due to bad speed and low MDef. His damage is higher, but that doesn't really address his WA1o flaws.

Bracers are expensive when they first show up but they're not a problem by the end. Note they barely cost more than a Thief Hat.

Yar, I believe the difference is 5000 Gil (Bracer is 35,000, Thief Hat is 30,000) which is not much at end game. That or its 15000...still not terribly significant if you're only fitting 4-5 people (You can get most of the gil from doing story battles basically).
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »
Bracer is 50k in FFT.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Cort (Legend of Legaia) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Heavy

Margulis (Xenosaga Series) vs Kary (Final Fantasy) - Kneejerk, really.
Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X) vs Rufus (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) - Hell if I remember Chocobo Eater beyond "aren't you supposed to push it off a cliff".
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) - Evade isn't saving against fogel, and he still counts as a human unit, not a monster, so no Sigmund hitting weakness.
Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) - Better slugger
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Rudy's speed sinks him, sure. Roxis gets too much time to build up nonsense. EDIT - I forgot ACF! ACF Rudy just slams him down and moves on. Tough break, Roxis.
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - Me and prophet respect
Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Paws (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Racially Insensitive Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Status, sure
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Rafa Galthana (Final Fantasy Tactics) - :rafa:
Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:19:32 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2014, 02:48:43 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Margulis (Xenosaga Series) vs Kary (Final Fantasy)
Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X) vs Rufus (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)
Aigis (Persona 3) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)
Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Paws (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Light

Racially Insensitive Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Rafa Galthana (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 04:06:24 AM »

Heavy

Hilarious.  Haven't played but know enough about FF13 to know about the connection between the two.

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
At first glance, an all physical character against Lufia 2's physical tank seems like a foregone conclusion.  And for what it's worth, I see No Mercy as slower to come out than straight attacking to reflect the ingame usage.  It's the general impotence of Lufia 2 defense combined with Dekar's extreme sluggishness that can snatch defeat form the jaws of victory.  As much as I enjoy bringing PC Seifer's insane limit range into play, it takes so many judgment calls in his favor for him to claim a win here.

Light

I see boss Algus as durable enough for Auto-Potion to fire off at least once.  Damage, on the other hand...

Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Rafa Galthana (Final Fantasy Tactics)
If one sees Rafa as 2HKOing with Truth, she'll need at least 3 castings to land those two hits.  That approach calls for Wizard Staff, Thief Hat, and Black Robe since Heaven Thunder and Asura will be the weapons of choice.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 05:53:43 AM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiiiiii vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia)
Fou-lu (Breath of Fire IV)- ii vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiiiiiiii
Cort (Legend of Legaia) vs Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series)- iiiii
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Dragon Emperor (Seiken Densetsu 3)- iiii

Heavy

Margulis (Xenosaga Series)- ii vs Kary (Final Fantasy)- iiiiiiiii
Chocobo Eater (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiii vs Rufus (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)
Fogel (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- iiiiiii vs Ephraim (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- iii
Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiiiiiiiii

Middle

Dekar (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iiiiiiiiii  vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)- iiii
Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)- iiii vs Roxis Rosenkrantz (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)- iiiiiii
Aigis (Persona 3)- iiiiii vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3)
Silmeria (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiiiiiii vs Paws (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii vs Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)- iii
Racially Insensitive Wizard (Final Fantasy)- iii vs Cinnamon (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- iiiiiii
Garcia (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- iiiiiiii vs Rafa Galthana (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiii
Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII)- iiii vs Piccolo (Suikoden III)- iiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.