Author Topic: What games are you playing 2014?  (Read 182704 times)

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
Re: What games are you playing 2014?
« Reply #2650 on: November 25, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
@Meeple, you have no idea how pissed I am that we're not getting Krile.  I need my FFV complete cast!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: November 25, 2014, 03:27:44 PM »
You can also use Stillness first turn to remove most of the randomness, although that also puts you in a bit of a BP hole to start the battle.

EDIT: Actually, it's not that bad a hole?

Turn 1: Stillness. Spiritmaster at -3 BP. Performer uses 2x One More For You to bring them back to -1.
Turn 2: Enigma. Spiritmaster at -4 BP. (Someone else needs to reduce Qada's speed this turn.)
Turn 3: Performer back at 0 SP, uses One More For You x2 on Spiritmaster.
Repeat turns 2-3 forever, win.

That may have even been what I did, I dunno! I didn't have nearly as much trouble with this battle as you or Snowfire, but I was pretty fortunate in that most of the pieces of this strategy were on my default set: I already had a speed-twinked spiritmaster, as well as a performer and a pirate.

Even without Stillness though it's hardly "absurdly" luck-based, though, as there's only a 50/50 chance for Qada to outspeed Mephilia turn 1, and any turn thereafter you can fuck around with his speed. I never saw him go before Mephilia thereafter but if it's possible you could also remove all doubt by speeding up Mephilia.

(And you're probably aware of this, but this fight is pretty much into the non-canon aftergame territory, so it certainly is under no obligation to play "fair".)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:42:09 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 25, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »
FFX Lulu solo (Expert Grid): Well when I bought FFX-2 I got this for free, soooooo...

I named Tidus "Oh fuck!" It is amazing. Thanks Zenny.
I also named Valefor "Chicken". I wonder: Is Dark Valefor going to be named Dark Chicken?

Jesus the time spent watching unskippable cutscenes is off the charts. Thankfully playing this on the vita means I can do other things at the same time. By the way, don't listen to Meeple's lies, Tidus is terrible.

This actually looks like it might be a pretty damn difficult challenge, as the way experience works penalizes the player a lot for screwing around in the sphere grid. Like, the consequence for getting out of the normal path to get some HP+200 sphere, would be the equivalent of learning Firaga at level 60 instead of 55. This is big. So -> I'm making a beeline for the Aga spells, stopping only for the occasional agility up spheres. (Because I have seen some stoners who are faster than Lulu is right now, seriously)
I don't remember if this game sells useful potions at all, let's hope it does because I'm not stopping for Cura on the way.

Supposedly when a character fails running away, it's because he's been cornered by monsters right? With Yuna's failed running animation she just looks like she goes "Hmmm... Nah. I'll keep fighting"
Maybe Squaresoft didn't want to show her falling flat on her face wearing that dress. Big missed opportunity here.

Edit: Even in HD, Seymour's lame tribal tattoo still looks like belly hair

BTW people have found out how poise works in Dark Souls 2. It's weird.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/2n8aqd/everything_you_ever_wanted_to_know_about_poise/
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:59:45 PM by Fenrir »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 25, 2014, 09:03:10 PM »
Edit: Even in HD, Seymour's lame tribal tattoo still looks like belly hair

Wait, you mean it isn't?

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 25, 2014, 09:27:56 PM »
Man you tell me.
I'm not even sure anymore.

http://www.studentsoftheworld.info/sites/jeux/img/426_seymour%20presentation.jpg

The only thing I know is that no one should wear this
(And my god why did Seymour use a pencil sharpener on his fingers?)

BTW I won the Blitzball match 2-1. What the hell? I didn't even pay any attention to it, just had everything on auto and passed the ball to Wakka/Oh fuck! so they could do their super-moves.
When I played through the game years ago I reset like 6 times and still couldn't do it.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: November 25, 2014, 11:20:23 PM »
Trivia of the day:

Guano means pigeon shit in French

I am fighting Seymour Pigeon Shit

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 26, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »
Trivia of the day:
Guano means "excrement of birds" in English. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guano )

Bonus trivia you already know but geeks can't resist correcting people: It's Seymour Guado.  (In French, too.  http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X )  (Which is still a little weird...  like calling Rikku "Rikku al-Bhed."  Sure, I can see referring to foreigners by their nationality - Bob the Greek if you're not in Greece - but do the Guados really go by "Guado" as their last name among each other?)

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 26, 2014, 01:04:12 AM »
Damn.
Well he'll always be Seymour Guano in my heart

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 26, 2014, 01:04:52 AM »
Jesus the time spent watching unskippable cutscenes is off the charts.

I really wonder if Square realizes that they probably lost out on so many damn potential sales with this. It's the only damn thing I really wanted in the game.
...into the nightfall.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 26, 2014, 02:07:33 AM »
Yeah I think we already had this discussion. I could have bought it at launch but just waited because of this, I effectively only really cared about FFX-2 HD (even though FFX has even more cutscenes than I remember)

Something else that I forgot about is that Lulu's end battle animation would feel tasteless in a Nippon Ichi game.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:43 AM »
It's pretty amazing really.  Square-enix goes out of it's way to re-orchestrate the entire OST of FF10, which is completely unnecessary since the entire track is fine as is, and FF10 isn't exactly a game whose OST was held back by the instrumental quality (this is a PS2 game guys), and something no one was asking for...

...but they couldn't be bothered to implement Scene Skip, which is probably FF10's most significant flaw?  I mean, sceneskip wasn't exactly a thing back when FF10 came out, so why it lacked it there is understandable (though still a flaw because the net result is the same: You are stuck sitting through lengthy cut-scenes) but FF10 HD really has no excuse other than Square-enix basically ignoring the fans and doing whatever the hell they wanted.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 26, 2014, 06:32:03 AM »
I named Tidus "Oh fuck!" It is amazing. Thanks Zenny.
Duh.

I also named Valefor "Chicken". I wonder: Is Dark Valefor going to be named Dark Chicken?

Duh.

By the way, don't listen to Meeple's lies, Tidus is terrible.

Duh.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »
Actually, I fought that other summoner earlygame, and she summoned "Ifrit" and not "Chimney", the name I gave to Ifrit.
So I suspect there's not going to be any Dark Chicken :( :( :(

BTW I've been laughing for five minutes after reading this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Point_of_No_Return

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

The Point of No Return occurs when Lightning enters the distortion formed at the middle of the fifth corridor within God's Sanctum in the Luxerion cathedral, where she saw Bhunivelze disguised as Hope take her friends' souls. After arguing with Bhunivelze, Lightning enters the Cosmogenesis, and the god awaits in the Sanct of Theogenesis.

I should give names to my rooms. Like "Trifecta of Paleo-Metempsychosis" instead of just "kitchen".

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 26, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Props to Gamefreak for the opening sequence, that was actually clever.

Picked Treeko for my starter since Sceptile has the most interesting Mega of the three. Mega Drain at L13 is really nice, stronger on average than gen 3 Bullet Seed plus draining. After checking its level-up moves on Serebii I'm definately holding off on evo until L21, when it gets Giga Drain (!!!). That's well worth stalling for five levels, especially since you get boosted exp in the meantime.

Second team member is an L15 Taillow with Boomburst from a shaking spot. Luckily I managed to catch it at full health, since it easily outsped and OHKO'd everything I had at the time.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 26, 2014, 05:37:50 PM »
Man

Sorry to talk so much about FFX but

Auron REALLY looks like Jeff Goldblum

It's uncanny

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 27, 2014, 12:05:08 AM »
Man

Sorry to talk so much about games that aren't FFX

It's okay, I forgive you.

Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 27, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »
We are merciful gods.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: November 27, 2014, 03:50:11 AM »
Speaking of FF10...

FF10 HD: So...about that post Seymour stuff...yeah I should talk about that, shouldn't I?

So we get to the Fayth...OF THE EXTREME!!! which we learn isn't creating an Aeon, but literally an entire city...of which only Tidus learns about because he goes to sleep and learns all the truth.  Oh yeah, he also says "THIS IS MY STORY!"...I think this is the first time he says that since the game begins, to be honest, and that scene technically takes place after this scene.  Interestingly, Tidus words it by saying "This is our...no, this is my story."  Weird he'd start with the plural and then go to the singular.  Only logic I can think of is Tidus is trying to assert himself by making it clear "it'll end how I want it, I don't care how anyone else thinks."  Honestly, the line here just seems out of nowhere, and like a random theme they remembered existed and suddenly forcing it back in.  Weird that people also harp on the "THIS IS MY STORY!" so much when he doesn't even say it that often.

I can sum up the sequence as follows:

Tidus: Why am I home?
Bahamut: It's a dream.
Tidus: Really? I need to stop dreaming!
Bahamut: But Tidus...you are a dream!
Tidus: ...that's crazy talk.
Bahamut: No seriously.  You see, war happened between Bevelle and Zanarkand.  Bevelle was all >:) and Zanarkand was all ;_; so they dreamed up a Zanarkand that can never sleep.
Tidus: o...k...
Bahamut: ...yeah, and they kind of want to stop dreaming.  Mnaybe you and your dad, dreams who were TOUCHED BY SIN!!!, can finally stop it!

Considering all this, Tidus takes the news pretty well.  His response is more of confusion than denial, and when he finally starts to process it, he goes right into the Acceptance state.  TAKE THAT DENIAL, ANGER, BARGAINING AND DEPRESSION!  TIDUS JUST BEAT YOUR 5 STAGES OF GRIEF BY GOING STRAIGHT TO STAGE 5, DEAL WITH IT!!!

In all seriousness, if there's one moment that really just puts a huge dent in the "Tidus is a whiner, all he does is whine", it's this very scene.  Based on everything people whine about Tidus, if it was true, he'd have done his usual complaining and probably yelled at Bahamut here.  Remember, he acted kind of similarly to Auron telling him Sin was Jecht, though there Tidus was more angry for a combination of reasons, as well as kind of went ballistic at the Yuna news earlier, but that was more because he was left in the dark about everything and kept making all these empty promises that he now learned were empty promises.  Nonetheless, the fact that he takes the news as pretty much a "*sigh* that's a disappointment..."  kind of shows that either:

A. Tidus is not the whiner people pretend he is as an easy way to go "He is an awful hero, game better off without it!"
B. Tidus was a whiner, but has gone through this thing called "character development" and so he is now able to take news well.

If A, well, I explained it there.  If B, well...isn't that a GOOD thing?  They put Tidus at a low point and managed to make him grow up and become not like he was early on.  Anyone sensible doesn't look at how a character is early game and goes "this is a bad character, he will forever be bad!"  First impressions are strong, but not always accurate; Tidus showing growth, if you subscribe to B, means he should be assessed at the end of the game and how far he is there, and the path he took there.  That's how you look at dynamic characters!

So after this, we get...probably the most pointless section in the game, that being the Mt. Gagazet Caves.  It's complete filler thrown in just to break up the fight between Seymour Flux and Sanctuary Keeper...and the latter is a 100% filler boss anyway.  Seriously, this is a section of the game that bugged me because it is so forgettable, yet plugged in for the sake of added gameplay and the enemies aren't even that interesting.  You're going to fight these things in Zanarkand anyway, and Zanarkand is way better!

So we learn Yunalesca is the one testing us, and that she's "alive as Seymour and Mika" ...yeah, this is pretty straight forward and little else.  Well, Yuna does state that she's really not surprised and afraid of nothing at this point.  To be frank, this makes sense seeing as from Yuna's perspective her options are basically "Succeed and die" or "Fail and die" so this concept of "Death" sort of loses all meaning when both options lead to it, might as well just throw away your fear of it!
...ok, that and Yuna is brave, we get it.  THEN WE FIGHT A GIANT DRAGON BECAUSE YUNALESCA SAID SO!

Now onto a scene of MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!  Rikku wants to take a break because they're near the summit, because she's trying to stall as much as possible, and is pretty much stating this outright too.  Tidus is being open about how he doesn't want the quest to end, but knows it's almost over too.  Wakka is basically there to lend an ear, and not much...but then strangely, Auron of all people responds, and in an unexpected way:

"You remind me of myself on my pilgrimage with Braska"

This is really the first time we get insight on what Auron was going through internally in the pilgrimage.  We see glimpses of him from the spheres, where he mostly is the Super Ego of Braska with Jecht being the Id.  This scene, Auron states that he really didn't think much of it until that point on the mountain where suddenly he had second thoughts, and started considering "maybe there is another way, why does Braska have to do this?"  He states he wanted to change the world, but in the end, changed nothing.

So Auron is basically admitting he wanted to do the same as Tidus but failed.  Wakka comments on a Legendary Guardian having second thoughts and Auron simply responds "well, I wasn't a legend back then" in effect.  Adds that little bit of extra human element to Auron.

Then we see a shot of Zanarkand, Tidus does a narrative that is bland and boring but sounds dramatic so SHUT UP IT'S AWESOME YOU LISTEN TO IT SO WE CAN JUSTIFY THIS FMV!!!  Then we get a scene with Rikku and Yuna.  Rikku is still trying to talk Yuna out of it, and even convinced herself that Yuna WILL get out of this alive, and they will see each other again.

Yuna gives her a passionate huge...well, they are cousins, so I guess it's a family thing!  It's actually kind of touching seeing Yuna give her regards to Rikku and Cid, and Rikku saying "no, you'll tell Cid these things yourself!" and yeah, it's a nice capstone on Rikku and Yuna's relationship which they don't really go much into beyond this scene...

...AND IT FURTHER MAKES FF10-2 GOD DAMNED PAINFUL.  See, here they come off as something like family members who don't see each other often, but actually still care for one another.  FF10-2, they're basically sorority girls.  Here, we see yet again that Rikku has this thing called a "serious emotional side" that shows up multiple times through out FF10, to remind us there's a real character beneath the bubbly, fun personality.  FF10-2 sort of deletes that aspect entirely and relegates Rikku to nothing but that surface level description raised several levels up.  Really, her character in that game is being the "Fun Girl", with Yuna being the "Nice Girl" and Paine being the "Mean Girl."  Because screw characters, we want our trope team dynamic!
...yeah, this replay is only further cementing how FF10-2 completely spat on Rikku's character, whether it be intentional because they didn't care, and just shoved her in a bikini because Fan-service, or because the guys who made FF10-2 didn't pay attention to the character at all, just looked at a couple of FF10 scenes and went "yeah, that's the character alright!"  I get it, FF10-2 is a more light-hearted game, you could still afford to give Rikku a serious scene here and there.

But tangent from FF10-2 aside, we now have THE YUNA SPHERE!

Ok, I can sum this up pretty fast:
-She likes having Auron on her team because makes her closer to her father!
-She really likes Kimhari because he's always been there for her
-Wakka and Lulu are her real siblings in her eyes
-She has developed feelings for Tidus as early as Mii'hen Highroad.

None of that is worth noting except for that last one, and it's because of the irony involved.  She talks about how it "hurts" because she knows she will "never get to spend the time she wants with him" obviously because she knows succeeding in her pilgrimage = she dies (and she reminds us that "if you're watching this, I am already dead.")  The ironic part is, ignoring FF10-2's special ending, she is absolutely correct here, but for the completely wrong reasons.  She's going to end up surviving this, it's Tidus who will not.  It makes you wonder how she would have thought of it if the situation were reversed from the outset.  It's a neat little bit of foreshadowing with irony.  Also worth noting that while the "YOU ARE A DREAM!!!" has been revealed, the game doesn't state what will happen to Tidus and Jecht if they stop dreaming.  If anything, the game suggested that Tidus could be an exception since he was "touched by Sin" but it's left intentionally vague.  So by this point, the player really has no reason to believe Tidus is going to die by the end, and you're more just wondering "ok, how are they going to find a way to keep Yuna alive?"

Rikku left out because the sphere takes place before meeting up with Rikku.  I think that scene Yuna shares with Rikku is kind of meant to fill in there, as we otherwise would never hear what Yuna really thinks about Rikku.  I'd say it's forced but the way it works itself fits well enough since it is in character for Rikku to try and do whatever she can to tell "YUNA DON'T DO IT!" and given where they are on the journey, it fits that Yuna would take this moment to reassure Rikku.

And then we get to Zanarkand, and we learn Tidus was pretty much telling the entire story to the team (minus the dream part of course), and that's what the narrative basically was!  ANd then we go off, awesome music plays...slightly butchered because FF10 HD remastered music THAT IT DID NOT HAVE TO REMASTER SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!?, minor cutscenes ensue along the way, then we get to the Blitz Ball Dome and one of the best songs in FF10 is replaced with one of the most generic and repetitive songs.

Look, I get why they changed the music; the song works as a build up to the dome and once you're there, the tone from "Build up" to "11th Hour!" is a thing, but...the Blitz Ball match up theme?  Really?  That's the song you're using for a "Fake Final Dungeon"?  Especially after "A Fleeting Dream"?  Yeah, screw you, I'm done playing for the night!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:49:39 PM by Meeplelard »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 27, 2014, 04:44:14 AM »
While the blitzball track certainly isn't the best track in the world, it's a very appropriate choice for a dungeon which is... well, a blitzball stadium.

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 27, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
I get that part, still doesn't really work for context of the game.  It fits where you are, but not really what is going on and it really is just a dull after the piece before.  I get why the track is the way it is; in most substantial situation you'll hear it, you won't hear it for more than a minute, so you don't need a long piece but it really just fails for anything with legitimate gameplay and plot context.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: November 27, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
I haven't gotten to that part yet but I'm sure the Thunder Plains music fits ways less.
It's like they wanted to compensate for the fact that you're getting your ass destroyed by a thunder strike every ten seconds by having the cheeriest theme.

Typical situation: You just finished a long battle against one of those golems, so you relax a little. BOOM Thunderstrike less than one second after the battle victory screen, Tidus gets wrecked, and the soundtrack is all ^_^  ^_^

Edit: Yeah it's pretty great.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:27:37 PM by Fenrir »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 27, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
Hyrule Warriors - Finally got the Level 3 Great Fairy, thank god. Such a difficult map! Now I am working on the Level 3 Summoning Gate. Meanwhile, I also got the second DLC set -- Twili Midna, Dominion Rod, and new map -- and the Amiibo Spinner thing. :D Spent a small amount of time making fun of people whining about the Spinner being tied to Amiibo on GameFAQs. I'm not sure why I care, but the miserable manchilddom just rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

Super Mario 3D World - Spent most of the last couple hours collecting Green Stars, since I know I will need them for the aftergame. Before that, I played a few maps with one of my friends. Throwing someone who is kinda bad at platformers into World 6 of a Mario game was probably a bad idea, and we lost all our lives, but it was funny as hell.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:23:19 PM by Luther Lansfeld »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 27, 2014, 11:42:11 PM »
FFX Yattaf solo:

Holy shit Seymour 1

It took me like five hours of saving and reloading and grinding and setup changing to beat this guy. Dude can summon Anima, who uses unblockable instant death right away and has 16000 HPs. Just getting one turn before Anima uses instant death is an ordeal. And then you have to do 16000 damage in that one turn. Then when Anima dies, the real FFX begins, Seymour gets super angry and does so much of damage.

I only won thanks to SOS Antifire. I was desperate enough to mod freaking SOS Antifire into some armor and it allowed me to win. It's a good thing Seymour thinks he's playing Chrono Cross and has to use his spells in the exact same order all the time.

I looked at solo challenge faqs for other characters like Auron and Wakka and they basically all say "Yeah, to get past this battle... Just cheat man"
The Lulu solo faq said "Bring that Lightningproof armor to the battle" and I was all ".... Lightningproof armor?" and the faq was all "You're screwed LOL"
Thankfully, SOS Antifire to the rescue

BTW in this game, the super old guy in the team is 35.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 28, 2014, 12:17:01 AM »
Arguably he's 25 plus spoilerspoilers. But whatever, he looks and acts 35 so we'll give him a pass.

This is still older than the "old guy" in lots of games, including both the previous two FFs (and tying FF7's, no Vincent does not count). Not to mention every Lunar, every Grandia (outside Mareg who is apparently similar), Mana Khemia, etc., etc.

I'd complain about this in RPGs more except it is kinda realistic to the actual age where people are running around hitting things with swords.

And yeah, Seymour 1 is a bitch on most solos. For Wakka I had to reach some reasonably high Str threshold so I could one-shot Anima with Attack Reels (she does use Boost first turn which amps damage to her by 1.5x, at least, even non-typed damage). Not that unreasonable, I only had to be kiinda overlevelled because Attack Reels is so great. Auron/Lulu/Kimahri all have a really hard time there though. Good show on the SOS Nul, yeah I've used that too.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 28, 2014, 01:15:05 AM »
BD- At the final dungeon. Shit, I guess I had to actually go and pay attention to Freelancer's level ups. Doesn't even learn Late Bloomer? Not like I really care, but I was already annoyed enough with the skill. Turns out that it's just a completely worthless skill that just further hampers one of the game's more annoying classes (Not worthless, but annoying. A class that has one amazing skill- but one you'll only use once- and then a bunch of garbage off bad stats).

Final Eternia battle was fun with that damage rushing on both sides though! I feel like maybe if the Eternians had any idea what was really happening, maybe they should have been a bit more adamant or insightful instead of letting you smash their faces in 5 times.
...into the nightfall.