Register

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 3 Original (Full)  (Read 2961 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 3 Original (Full)
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »
Alright, given they often appear in NR and Futurama, figured SOMEONE should do a topic, so I did one. Yes, its a pain in the ass, and yes, there's that whole "Some classes are meant to be clearly inferior to others!" aspect but, frankly, I didn't care; I'm putting them all into averages. Why? Lets put it this way...
If Knight is held against Ninja who is his superior in Everyway, Fighter, his early game inferior class, would be there to offset the Ninja some. Similarly for Sage vs. Warlock vs. Black Wizard, etc. Also, some classes like Black Wizard and White Wizard are actually usable for 90% of the game, just become obsolete when you get a very late game upgrade (Shaman and Warlock)

Anyway, I for the most part was lenient on equips. I more or less through Ninjas out ENTIRELY for equip options, for the sake of balance; otherwise we'd have Knight's reliant on Defenders and Magic Knights reliant on Asura, which is not indicative of in game performance (those two get big spikes end game in general, even before Eureka, this should be reflected somehow.) Though, I do allow NInja to use them, but yeah, I took an exception to that rule. However, 3+ classes equip became too unreasonable, Ninja or not there, unless the equip was storebought. So don't expect to see Ragnarok on any of the 3 who can use it.
I allow Onion Equips. Why? Cause frankly, people care about FEOK, and he doesn't break averages as much as you'd expect (well, ok, Magic Defense he might, but defense he only raises a few points), especially damage where he's not that far above average. So no, the "He kills averages!" excuse doesn't work.

Regarding Storebought Magic...I personally allowed everything. Frankly, the most universal spell are level 1-3 White Magic (Aero asside), which 6 out of the 22 Classes can use. Everything else is 4/22 or less for Magic...seemed unique enough, and definatly more unique than FF1 Magic. Not to mention we don't get "Half the cast are Ruse Whores!" like FF1 has (sure, the White Magic users get Toad and Mini for status but...well, go see Hunter and Magic Knight's accuracy with them and tell me how game breaking those two are <_<)

Now, there's that other factor regarding what each equips...well, here's how I did it:
Red Wizard gets 2 Shields. His physical is epic fail, and his healing isn't enough to let him win attritions, he's winning on Status and Tanking or NOT AT ALL. Listed weapons for him just in case someone says "no" to magic
Those who can't use Shields get 2 Weapons. Seems simple enough, there is no penalty to using 2 weapons over 1 if you don't have a shield
Everyone who CAN use a shield? I defaulted to 2 Weapons cause the extra offense makes things easier for damage curves and such, but listed the shield for an alternative.

Lastly, yes, I allow Ninjas and Hunters to restock their weapons mid fight. While not a fan of equipping mid battle, I make an exception here, especially since the former is really just mimicing the "Throw" command in the rest of the series. Neither is all that game breaking mind (though, yes, Ninja is hurt some if you don't allow this) I also assume they both have enough for most fights. No, the first person who says "Ninja could run out in Long Fights!" will be smacked, cause Ninja fights are not fights that last long (like most fights that lack healing <_<)

Now for stats!
MP: Split into charges; if this isn't listed, character has no MP (and likewise, has no use for it)
Strength: Base for damage. This/4 = 1 point of attack.
Agility: Base for evasion, and all multipliers besides Magic Damage ones. This MIGHT play a role in turn order but turns are fairly random.
Vitality: Base for defense, this/4 = 1 point of defense
Intellect: Base for Magic damage, Multipliers, and Magic Accuracy, as well as Magic Evade and its Multiplier
Spirit: Same as Intellect, except this ONLY applies to White Magic in place of Intellect, and doesn't apply to the Magic Evade mulitplier
Attack: Your effective attack; first number is # of hits, 2nd is your attack score. Note that with 2 weapons, the game will claim your attack is twice as high as it really is...this is not true at all, as such, if 2 weapons are equipped, I've listed it in the form of *weapon 1 stats* + *weapon 2 stats*
Defense: HIgher this is, less physicals do
Magic Defense: Higher this is, less magic does
Evade: How hard you are to hit. The first number indicates how many potential hits you can evade, the 2nd is your evasion to each of those hits. I'll get the effective evade later. Note that to my experience, the game makes the hit checks all at once for each weapon, so the weapon in the 2nd hand effectivly ignores evade if your mults are high enough (which they most certainly are end game.) I could be wrong, but this is just observation
Magic Evade: Magic's version of evade, works the same way.
Accuracy: How accurate you are.

And a few final comments...what skill level was I?
For Onion Kid, I took Skill 4. First off, he's a physical class, Skill doesn't help him much. Ignoring that, he gains skill levels at an attrociously slow rate, AND he has no conceivable use at any point in the game until the final dungeon. No, don't say "Other classes have that too!" cause they don't; stuff like Bard actually have theoretical use, if not a practical one. Onion Kid does not.
Ninja and Sage are Skill 15; I gave them a skill penalty cause they are gotten too late to fully catch up. Ninja frankly doesn't care much (physical classes tend not too), but Sage is hurt a bit, though not really enough all things considered. Skill 15 was chosen when I loaded an end game file (that I didn't twink to hell <_<),
Everything else is 35; this seemed reasonable since that's the level I got too consistantly used classes too without trying and such, seemed reasonable.

Levels are taken at 50. I got to Zande at 49, figured that was a reasonable level to take things at, and a nice round number to boot (my save state right before Dark Cloud of the same file is level 51)

HP Values, everything is basically equal. No one has a multiplier to HP, and the only thing different about them is growth. Note that mage built PCs ended up about 3700~ HP, while Fighter built PCs ended up 4100-4200, so they don't really effect all that much, if you do a "Class gets raised by to this level as that class from level 1!" or something. I tried looking for HP Growth charts/algorithms anyway, but to no avail. So yeah, everything's roughly average on HP, all things considered; the differences are probably too small to matter anyway.

Onion Kid:
Onion Sword (200 Atk, 100% Hit, +5 Str, Agl and Vit)
Onion Sword (see above) (Onion Shield (48 Def, 48% Evade, 48 Mdef))
Onion Helmet  (48 Def, 48% Evade, 48 Mdef)
Onion Armor (48 Def, 48% Evade, 48 Mdef)
Onion Gauntlet (32 Def, 32% Evade, 32 Mdef)

Note: Onion Kid resists Earth, Fire, Drain, Air, and Ice elementals due to his defensive Onion Gear.  He also resists Instant Death, Paralyze, Petrify, Sleep, Frog, Confuse, Blind, Mini, Poison and Mute due to said equips.
If he needs Lightning resistance, he can opt for a Diamond Equip, though they give a huge drop to his defenses; the Ring is probably best yielding only -24 Defense and Magic Defense, and -20% Evade.

Stats:
Strength: 10 (20) (15)
Agility: 10 (20) (15)
Vitality: 10 (20) (15)
Intellect: 10
Spirit: 10
Attack: 10x205 (5x202)
Defense: 138 (183)
Magic Defense: 128 (176)
Evade: 2(5)x99%
Magic Evade: 1x10%
Accuracy: 99%

Abilities:
Fight: 2002 (767)
Defend: Quadruples Defense, lasts until next turn

Fighter
IceBlade (40 Atk, 80% Hit, Ice elemental) (Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))
King Sword (50 Atk, 80% Hit)
Crystal Helm (12 Def, 15% Evade, 15 Mdef)
Crystal Armor (28 Def, 20% Evade, 18 Mdef)
Crystal Glove (10 Def, 15% Evade, 10 Mdef)

Note: Fighter resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
He can opt for Ice Helm, lowering Def by 8, Evade by 9%, and Magic Def by 9, for the sake of resisting Fire, but gains a weakness to Ice
He can opt for Flame Mail, which lowers defense by 23, Evade by 9%, and Magic Defense by 13, but gives him resistance to Ice, though makes him Weak to Fire; note that the game takes Resistance overrides Weakness, so if Ice Helm and Flame Mail are equipped, he'd resist both with no weaknesses (and his defense takes a HUGE nosedive, of course)
Fighter can hit Fire Weakness with the Salamand, which is 32 Power.  He has a lightning weapon, but its too weak to really consider
Fighter can also use Blood Swords, which are 35 Power each, and heal the Fighter for damage equal to 25% done.  Typically not worth it though, since it'll amount to about 5% healing a hit.

Stats:
Strength: 43 (48)
Agility: 43 (48)
Vitality: 28 (33)
Intellect: 14
Spirit: 14
Attack: 6x70+6x60 (6x72)
Defense: 64 (86)
Magic Defense: 60 (73)
Evade: 2x60% (7x86%)
Magic Evade: 1x14%

Abilities:
Fight: 693 (266), 222 of which is Ice elemental

Monk
Empty
Empty
Chakra (6 Def, 10% Evade, 6 Mdef, +5 to Str and Vit)
BlackBelt (11 Def, 10% Evade, 5 Mdef, +5 to Agl)

Stats:
Strength: 54 (59)
Agility: 48 (53)
Vitality: 40 (45)
Intellect: 1
Spirit: 1
Attack: 14x97
Defense: 39
Magic Defense: 11
Evade: 3x32%
Magic Evade: 1x1%

Abilities:
Fight: 1353

White Wizard
Golem Staff (16 Atk, 70% Hit, +5 Str, Earth elemental, randomly inflicts 1/3rd petrify)
Golem Staff (see above)
Scholar Hat (5 Def, 10% Evade, 6 Mdef)
White Robe (20 Def, 12% Evade, 14 Mdef, +5 Spr)
Diamond Ring (6 Def, 12% Evade, 6 Mdef)

Note: White Wizard resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.
White Wizard can also opt for Rune Staff if it needs more physical damage, however, the boost is so small that its not really worth noting (+1 effective attack each, and 10% more accuracy)

Stats:
MP: 23/15/14/13/12/11/10/0
Strength: 28 (38)
Agility: 27
Vitality: 27
Intellect: 15
Spirit: 43 (48)
Attack: 10x33
Defense: 44
Magic Defense: 26
Evade: 1x41%
Magic Evade: 3x31%
Accuracy: 85%

Abilities:
Fight: 132 Earth elemental damage, randomly inflicts 1/3rd Petrify, rate TBA
Level 1 Magic:
Cure: 420 Healing
Pure: Heals Poison status
Sight: LETS YOU SEE THE MAP!
Level 2 Magic:
Aero: 625 Ice/Air Elemental damage
Toad: Adds Toad status, 82% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 82% accuracy
Level 3 Magic:
Cure2: 1250 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 82% accuracy
Wash: Heals Blind status
Level 4 Magic:
Libra: Scans Enemy's HP!!!
Confuse: Adds confusion status, 99% accuracy
Mute: Adds Mute status, 100% accuracy
Level 5 Magic:
Cure3:1800 Healing
Life: Revives ally at laughably low HP
Safe: Raises Defense and Magic Defense by 50
Level 6 Magic:
Haste: Raises attack by 50 and hits by 8.  This makes White Wizard's physical come out to1279 on average.  Note that this value CAN vary since Haste's boost is a bit randomized (follows the cure formula it seems)
Soft: Heals from Petrify Status
Aero 2: 1196 Ice/Air elemental damage
Level 7 Magic:
Cure4: Full Healing
Wall: Adds Reflect status, in FF3 this only effects basic damage spells.  Take this as you will
Heal: Full Status healing

Note: All White magic spells but Aero and Aero 2 ignore Reflect

Black Wizard
Flame Rod (12 Atk, 70% hit, Fire Elemental)
Scholar Hat (5 Def, 10% Evade, 6 Mdef)
Black Robe (20 Def, 12% Evade, 14 Mdef, +5 Int)

Note: Black Wizard resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.
His Weapons supposedly boost the respective Element, but I haven't noticed a difference in damage, nor can tell you if they stack.  He has an Ice Rod, which is identical to Flame Rod in everyway, sansing, the elements (Ice instead of Fire, duh), and Light Rod for Lightning, though that does has 10% less accuracy.  Listed Flame twice for simplicity.

Stats:
MP: 23/15/14/13/12/11/10/0
Strength: 28
Agility: 29
Vitality: 26
Intellect: 43 (48)
Spirit: 15
Attack: 10x27
Magic Defense: 26
Evade: 1x41%
Magic Evade: 3x31%
Accuracy: 85%

Abilities:
Fight: 165, Fire elemental
Level 1 Magic:
Fire: 435 Fire elemental damage
Ice: 435 Ice elemental damage
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 96% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Level 2 Magic:
Bolt: 530 Lightning elemental damage
Venom: 322 damage, adds Poison
Blind: Adds Blind status, 100% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Level 3 Magic:
Fire 2: 720 Fire elemental damage
Ice 2: 720 Ice elemental damage
Bolt 2: 720 Lightning elemental damage
Level 4 Magic:
Break: Adds 1/2 Petrify, 100% accuracy, Earth elemental
Ice 3: 1005 Ice elemental damage
Shade: Adds Paralysis, 100% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Level 5 Magic:
Bolt 3: 1246 Lightning elemental damage
Kill: Instant Death, perfect accuracy, fails if Target is equal to or greater than 75% the users level, Ignores Reflect
Erase: Removes reflect status, fails on bosses
Level 6 Magic:
Fire 3: 1599 Fire elemental damage
Bio: 1409 non elemental damage
Warp:  Instant Death, 82% accuracy, Ignores reflect
Level 7 Magic:
Quake: 1437 Earth elemental damage, Ignores Reflect
Brak2: Adds Petrify status, 99% accuracy, Earth elemental, Ignores Reflect
Drain: 1694 non elemental damage, heals user equal to damage done, fails on bosses, Ignores Reflect

Red Wizard
Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit)
(Tyrfing (29 Attack, 75% accuracy))
Crystal Shield (see above) (Tyrving (see above))

Note: Red Wizard resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
If he wants, he can opt for Diamond Ring which gives Lightning Resistance, but lowers Defense and Magic Defense by 4, and Evade by 3%. Note that his Evade effectively is 101%, before the caps.
At the cost of 8 Defense, 9% Evade, and 9 Magic Defense, Red Wizard can also use the Ice Helmet over Crystal Helmet for Fire Resistance.  Note that this gives him an Ice Weakness though.
He can also use Golem Rods for 1/3rd Petrify like the White Wizard, but the damage is too minor to consider listing. They also give +5 Strength, but that's negligible.

Stats:
MP: 19/15/13/12/0/0/0/0
Strength: 28 (38)
Agility: 39 (49)
Vitality: 18 (28)
Intellect: 28
Spirit: 28
Attack: 0x0 (12x44 w/ Tyrvings)
Defense: 103 (59 w/ Tyrvings)
Magic Defense: 99 (43 w/ Tyrvings)
Evade: 11x99% (2x59% w/ Tyrvings)
Magic Evade: 3x28%
Accuracy: 0% (92% w/ Tyrvings)

NOTE: Not bothering with 1 Tyrving since the damage is ToP Mint level, and its never worth it over a 2nd shield.

Abilities:
Fight: 0 (462)
Level 1 Magic:
Fire: 250 Fire elemental damage
Ice: 250 Ice elemental damage
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 79% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Cure: 337 Healing
Level 2 Magic:
Bolt: 320 Lightning elemental damage
Venom: 155 damage, adds Poison
Aero: 390 Ice/Air Elemental damage
Toad: Adds Toad status, 45% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 45% accuracy
Level 3 Magic:
Fire 2: 460 Fire elemental damage
Ice 2: 460 Ice elemental damage
Bolt 2: 460 Lightning elemental damage
Cure2: 973 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 45% accuracy
Level 4 Magic:
Ice 3: 670 Ice elemental damage
Confuse: Adds confusion status, 91% accuracy

Hunter
Yoichi Bow (50 Atk, 100% Hit)
Yoichi Arrow (70 Atk, 100% Hit)
Feather Hat (7 Def, 10% Evade, 8 Mdef, +5 Agl)
Ice Armor (5 Def, 6% Evade, 4 Mdef, resists Fire, weak vs. Ice)

Note: He can opt for Flame Mail which has identical stats to Ice Armor but opposite resists.
If he wants to resist both elements, or get cover his weakness, he can use Ice Helm (in conjunction with Flame Mail) over the Feather Hat, for a loss of 3 Def, 4% Evade, and 2 Mdef, and 5 Agl
He has several elemental arrows which can be useful on occasion.  Not getting their stats, just know they're there.

Stats:
MP: 14/10/9/0/0/0/0/0
Strength: 40
Agility: 59 (64)
Vitality: 40
Intellect:15
Spirit: 15
Attack: 8x105
Defense: 32
Magic Defense: 12
Evade: 4x32%
Magic Evade: 3x20%

Abilities:
Fight: 748
Level 1 Magic:
Cure: 315 Healing
Pure: Heals Poison
Sight: Is useless (yeah, going to stop hyping useless things from here on <_<)
Level 2 Magic:
Toad: Adds Toad status, 20% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 20% accuracy
Level 3 Magic:
Cure 2: 781 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 20% accuracy
Wash: Heals from Blind status

Knight
Break Sword (120 Atk, 80% hit, randomly inflicts 1/2 Petrify, Earth elemental)(Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))
Excalibur (160 Atk, 80% Hit, +5 Str)

Note: Knight resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
He can opt for Ice Helm, lowering Def by 8, Evade by 9%, and Magic Def by 9, for the sake of resisting Fire, but gains a weakness to Ice
He can opt for Flame Mail, which lowers defense by 23, Evade by 9%, and Magic Defense by 13, but gives him resistance to Ice, though makes him Weak to Fire
Knight can use the Diamond Glove for Lightning resistance, at a cost of 5 Def, 5% Evade, and 5 Magic Defense
Knight can also use Blood Swords, which are 35 Power each, and heal the Knight for damage equal to 25% done.  Typically not worth it though, since it'll amount to about 5% healing a hit, and it’s a HUGE drop in offense (or defense, if its over a shield)
If Knight needs a Non Elemental 2nd Sword, he can use a Defender, which is 95 Atk, 80% hit, and +5 Vit.

Stats:
Strength: 47 (52) (57)
Agility: 42 (47) (52)
Vitality: 30 (35)
Intellect:14
Spirit: 16
Attack: 6x139 +  6x181 (7x182)
Defense: 72 (95)
Magic Defense: 43 (73)
Evade: 2x61% (7x83%)
Magic Evade: 3x15%

Abilities:
Fight: 1972 (1120), 682 of which is Earth elemental, randomly inflicts 1/2 Petrify, rate TBA

Thief
Orialcon (45 Attack, 100% Hit, Drain effect) (Ice Shield (8 Def, 9% Evade, 8 Mdef, Resists Fire, Weak to Ice))
Air Knife (60 Attack, 100% Hit, Air elemental)
Dark Hood (5 Defense, 8% Evade, 5 Mdef, +5 Str)
Dark Suit (8 Defense, 70% Evade, 5 Mdef, +5 Agl)
Thief Glove (3 Defense, 9% Evade, 4 Mdef, +5 Str)

Note: Thief can use Mithril Shield if he wants to gain the defensive boost without the Ice weakness.  It’s a bit worse defensively than the Ice Shield, but overall not by a lot
Thief can also use the Ice Helm for -1 to Def, -2% Evade (still hits the cap), +1 Mdef, for Fire Resistance if he wants to keep both weapons.  Note this also gives him an Ice Weakness

Stats:
Strength: 43 (53)
Agility: 56 (61)
Vitality: 30
Intellect:40
Attack: 7x66 + 7x81 (7x81)
Defense: 31 (39)
Magic Defense: 14 (22)
Evade: 3x99% (7x99%)
Magic Evade: 4x20%

Abilities:
Fight: 938 (473 Air elemental) damage, 561 of which is Air elemental, heals 94 HP
He also has Steal and Escape as unique commands, which of course, don't really do much

Scholar
Illumina Book (65 Atk, 80% hit, Lighting elemental)
Illumina Book (see above)
Scholar Robe (15 Def, 12% Evade, 7 Mdef)

Notes: Scholar resists Lightning due to his Diamond Ring, as well as immunes Frog and Confusion status
He can opt for Blizzards instead of Illuminas for a weapon, which are identical in power, just Ice elemental.  Similarly, he can use Infernos, which are the Fire version, though they have 70% accuracy

Stats:
Strength: 43
Vitality: 8
Intellect: 56
Spirit: 20
Attack: 14x83
Defense: 32
Magic Defense:21
Evade: 3x46%
Magic Evade: 4x38%
Accuracy: 99% (Note that for once, this is literal, not a case of an accuracy caps)

Abilities:
Fight: 1142 Lightning elemental damage
He also has Scan and Peep.  Take a guess what they do

Geomancer
Earth Bell (30 Atk, 80% accuracy, randomly inflicts Paralysis)
Rune Bell (40 Atk, 100% accuracy)
Gaea Gear (16 Def, 12% Evade, 8 Mdef)

Note: Geomancer resists Lightning due to his Diamond Ring, as well as immunes Frog and Confusion status
If the need extra damage, they can equip a 2nd Rune Bell, this raises his physical by roughly 10%

Stats:
Strength: 30
Vitality: 30
Intellect: 48
Attack: 45x7+55x7
Magic Defense:22
Magic Evade: 4x38%

Abilities:
Fight: 656, randomly inflicts paralysis, hit rate TBA
Terrain: Ok, Terrain works like standard FF Terrain in that it has a different effect based on the setting.  The Terrain I italicize is the one I allow since it’s the one used in most dungeons, including the last two, and son the Overworld in a few instances.
Note that if all of Terrain's hits miss, Geomancer gets a "Backfire" which makes him receive 25% MHP in damage.  Due to this fact, I'm listing the accuracy; note that this is merely accuracy PER HIT; the damage already factors in average accuracy and such.  This is mainly for reference and such.  Note that Geomancer has 8 hits, if that matter (2 of those hits, on an average enemy, are 20% less on accuracy)
Earthquake: 764 Earth elemental damage, 74% accuracy per hit
Quicksand: Instant Death, 100% accuracy in practice, 54% accuracy per hit
Air Blade: 689 Air elemental damage, 54% accuracy per hit[/i]
Sinkhole: Instant Death, 100% accuracy in practice, 64% accuracy per hit
Rapids: Insant Death, 100% accuracy in practice, Lightning elemental, 64% accuracy per hit
Waterspout: 1112 Air elemental damage, 84% accuracy per hit
Tornado: 1112 Air elemental damage, 84% accuracy per hit
Cave In: 830 Earth elemental damage, 84% accuracy

Dragoon
Holy Lance (100 Atk, 80% Hit, Holy/Air elemental) (Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))
Blood Spear (70 Atk, 80% Hit, Air Elemental, Drain effect)

Note: Dragoon resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
He can opt for Flame Mail, which lowers defense by 23, Evade by 9%, and Magic Defense by 13, but gives him resistance to Ice, though makes him Weak to Fire
Dragoon can use the Diamond Glove for Lightning resistance, at a cost of 5 Def, 5% Evade, and 5 Magic Defense
If Dragoon wants, he can swap the positioning of his weapons do 5% more damage, but the healing is hurt some.  He can also use Holy Lance + Crystal Shield if he wants more damage for a defensive set up, but typically the shield is inferior to the Blood Spear, so not bothering listing attack values, just know its there.

Stats:
Strength: 48 (53)
Agility: 54 (59)
Vitality: 30 (35)
Spirit: 30
Attack: 7x120 + 7x90 (7x91)
Defense: 65 (87)
Evade: 3x63% (7x87%)
Magic Evade: 3x22%

Abilities:
Fight: 1482 (528) Air Elemental damage, 769 of which is Holy Elemental too, 178 (132) Healing,
Jump: 4446 (1584) Air elemental, 2307 of which is Holy Elemental too, 2139 (1584) Healing, 1 turn charge time during which the user is invincible (just like the rest of the series!), 2223 average damage
Note: Yes, Jump's Healing w/ Blood Spear is 100% of its damage (ignores the Holy Lance damage, mind), while only 25% with a basic physical.  Don't ask why, it just is.

Viking
Triton (85 Atk, 80% Hit, Air Elemental)
Trtion (see above) (Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))

Note: Viking resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
Viking can use the Diamond Glove for Lightning resistance, at a cost of 5 Def, 5% Evade, and 5 Magic Defense
If he needs something that isn't Air Elemental, he can opt for the Double Axe, which is 75 Atk, and 80% Hit.  If he needs something that is non elemental, Tomahawk is his only option at 60 Atk, and 80% Hit

Stats:
Strength: 45 (50)
Agility: 30 (35)
Vitality: 59 (64)
Attack: 10x104 (6x105)
Defense: 79 (102)
Evade: 1x57% (6x78%)
Magic Evade: 2x21% (3x21%)
Accuracy: 95%

Abilities:
Fight: 931 (476) Air elemental damage

Karateka
Empty
Empty
Chakra (6 Def, 10% Evade, 6 Mdef, +5 to Str and Vit)
BlackBelt (11 Def, 10% Evade, 5 Mdef, +5 to Agl)

Stats:
Strength: 60 (65)
Agility: 54 (59)
Intellect: 1
Attack: 14x99
Defense: 49
Magic Defense: 11
Evade: 3x34%
Magic Evade: 1x1%

Abilities:
Fight: 1383 damage
Build Up: Doubles physical damage for next attack, can be used a second time for triple Damage.  If used one more time, "Overload" occurs, and the user loses 50% of his CHP, and Build Up resets.  Build Up can only reset during Fight or Overload.  On turns he uses Build Up, user gains 0 Defense and Magic Defense.

Magic Knight
Kiku (125 Atk, 100% Hit, Dark Elemental) (Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))
Masamune (160 Atk, 90% Hit, +5 Agl and Vit)

Note: Magic Knight resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
He can opt for the Genji Glove, at a cost of 1 Defense and 3 Magic Defense, to immune Poison as well.

Stats:
Strength: 43 (48)
Agility: 48 (53) (58)
Vitality: 30 (35) (40)
Intellect: 26
Spirit: 27
Attack: 7x145 + 7x180 (7x181)
Defense: 67 (90)
Evade: 3x63% (7x84%)
Magic Evade: 4x26%

Abilities:
Fight: 2380 (1108) Dark elemental damage
Level 1 Magic:
Cure: 337 Healing
Pure: Heals Poison
Sight: Is useless (yeah, going to stop hyping useless things from here on <_<)
Level 2 Magic:
Toad: Adds Toad status, 43% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 43% accuracy
Level 3 Magic:
Cure 2: 973 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 43% accuracy
Wash: Heals from Blind status

Conjurer

Note: Conjurer resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.
His Weapons supposedly boost the respective Element, but I haven't noticed a difference in damage, nor can tell you if they stack.  He has an Ice Rod, which is identical to Flame Rod in everyway, sansing, the elements (Ice instead of Fire, duh), and Light Rod for Lightning, though that does has 10% less accuracy.  Listed Flame twice for simplicity.

Stats:
MP: 17/14/13/12/10/8/7/5
Strength: 43
Agility: 30 (35)
Vitality: 15
Intellect: 45 (50)
Spirit: 45
Attack: 12x30
Defense: 40
Magic Defense: 28
Evade: 2x42%
Magic Evade: 4x47%
Accuracy: 86%

Abilities:
Fight: 242 Fire elemental damage
Conjurer's Magic doesn't work normally.  Basically, he uses one of his 8 Summons, and one of two things can happen, both at equal frequency.  Which happens is totally random.
Level 1: Chocobo
Escape: Run with 100% Success rate!
Stumble: Fails
Level 2: Shiva
Hypno Beam: Adds Sleep, 100% accuracy
Icy Glare: 1508 damage, non elemental despite the name
Average damage: 754
Level 3: Ramuh
Mindblast: Adds paralysis, 100% accuracy
God's Thunder: 1437 Lightning elemental damage
Average damage: 718
Level 4: Ifrit
Recover: 900 Healing
Flames of Fury: 2012 Fire elemental damage
Average damage: 1006
Level 5: Titan
Punch: 2264 damage (yes, its magical, despite the name <_<)
Kick: 2343 damage (ditto!)
Average damage: 2253
Level 6: Odin
Barrier: Adds Reflect status, this only effects basic damage spells (as in not summons) in FF3, take this as you will
Sword Cut: 2516
Average damage: 1258
Level 7: Leviathan
Stony Glare: Adds petrify, 100% Accuracy, Earth elemental
Tempest: 2768 Air elemental damage
Average damage: 1884
Level 8: Bahamut
Aura: Raises Attack Multiplier by 13,, Conjurer does 561 damage with Fight after this
Rend: Lowers target's HP to anything from 144 to 288, this is roughly 2-5% HP for average end game enemies and PCs, 100% accuracy.  Note this move seems to KO the enemy if their HP is already below that threshold.

Bard
Loki Harp (60 Atk, 100% Hit)
-----------
Bard's Clothes (15 Def, 12% Evade, 7 Mdef)

Notes: Bard has weapons that do Sleep and Confusion status, but they have 0 attack and thus struggle to break defense.  Not sure on their accuracy (can't really test them either), but they are typically not going to be that useful, just know they're there.

Stats:
Strength: 15
Agility: 45 (50)
Vitality: 45
Intellect: 30
Spirit: 43
Attack: 7x71
Magic Defense: 15
Evade: 3x34%
Magic Evade: 3x36%

Abilities:
Sing: 595 damage
Cheer: Raises attack by 10, this adds 61 damage to Bard's physical each use, stackable indefinitely
Scare: Lowers target's level by 3, stackable indefinatly.  If target is 15 levels lower than Bard (5 Scares, IOWs, if levels assumed equal), target attempts to run based on his accuracy.  This applies to Monsters only, so call this AI if you want.  Also, note that if a certain benchmark is hit, Magic damage is lowered on the enemies side by 1 multiplier.  There are many ways to take this move, of course, this is just noting what it does in game <_<

Warlock

Note: Warlock resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.

Stats:
MP: 32/30/28/25/22/19/14/12
Strength: 18
Agility: 45 (50)
Vitality: 54
Intellect: 65 (70)
Attack: 14x24
Defense: 60
Magic Evade: 5x49%
Accuracy: 90%

Abilities:
Fight: 226 Fire elemental damage
Level 1 Magic:
Fire: 610 Fire elemental damage
Ice: 610 Ice elemental damage
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 100% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Level 2 Magic:
Bolt: 718 Lightning elemental damage
Venom: 527 damage, adds Poison
Level 3 Magic:
Fire 2: 933 Fire elemental damage
Ice 2: 933 Ice elemental damage
Bolt 2: 933 Lightning elemental damage
Level 4 Magic:
Ice 3: 1255 Ice elemental damage
Level 5 Magic:
Bolt 3: 1524 Lightning elemental damage
Kill: Instant Death, perfect accuracy, fails if Target is equal to or greater than 75% the users level, Ignores Reflect
Level 6 Magic:
Fire 3: 1954 Fire elemental damage
Bio: 1739 non elemental damage
Level 7 Magic:
Quake: 1771 Earth elemental damage, Ignores Reflect
Brak2: Adds Petrify status, 100% accuracy, Earth elemental, Ignores Reflect
Drain: 2061 non-elemental damage, heals user equal to damage done, fails on bosses, Ignores Reflect
Level 8 Magic:
Flare: 2491 non elemental damage
Death: Instant Death, 100% accuracy, ignores Reflect
Meteo: 2276 non elemental damage, ignores Reflect

Shaman
Golem Staff (16 Atk, 70% Hit, +5 Str, Earth elemental, randomly inflicts 1/3rd petrify)
Golem Staff (see above)
White Robe (20 Def, 12% Evade, 14 Mdef, +5 Spr)

Note: Shaman resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.
Shaman can also opt for Rune Staff if it needs more physical damage, however, the boost is so small that its not really worth noting (+1 effective attack each, and 10% more accuracy)

Stats:
MP: 32/30/28/25/22/19/15/12
Strength: 33 (43)
Intellect: 28
Spirit: 62 (67)
Attack: 14x34
Defense: 55
Magic Evade: 3x47%
Accuracy: 90%

Abilities:
Fight: 361 Earth elemental damage, randomly inflicts 1/3rd Petrify, rate TBA
Level 1 Magic:
Cure: 472 Healing
Level 2 Magic:
Aero: 793 Ice/Air Elemental damage
Toad: Adds Toad status, 100% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 100% accuracy
Level 3 Magic:
Cure2: 1406 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 100% accuracy
Level 4 Magic:
Confuse: Adds confusion status, 100% accuracy
Level 5 Magic:
Cure3:2025 Healing
Safe: Raises Defense and Magic Defense by 56
Level 6 Magic:
Haste: Raises attack by 56 and hits by 9.  This makes Shaman's physical come out to1769 on average.  Note that this value CAN vary since Haste's boost is a bit randomized (follows the cure formula it seems)
Aero 2: 1545 Ice/Air elemental damage
Level 7 Magic:
Wall: Adds Reflect status, in FF3 this only effects basic damage spells.  Take this as you will
Level 8 Magic:
W Wind: Lower's targets HP to anything between 4 and 8.  Yes, this means the enemy dies from something that's above Hrist level damage, 100% Accuracy
Life 2: Resurrects PC at full HP.
Holy: 2029 Holy elemental damage

Note: All Shaman's spells but Aero, Aero 2, and Holy ignore Reflect

Summoner

Note: Summoner resists Lightning elemental damage due to his Diamond Ring, as well as Confusion and Frog status effects from the same equip.

Stats:
MP: 19/17/15/13/10/8/7/5
Strength: 48
Agility: 56 (61)
Vitality: 15
Intellect: 45 (50)
Spirit: 45
Attack: 14x32
Defense: 40
Evade: 3x49%
Magic Evade: 5x47%
Accuracy: 93%

Abilities:
Fight: 347 Fire elemental damage
Level 1 Magic - Chocobo: 989 non elemental magic damage
Level 2 Magic - Shiva: 1288 Ice elemental damage
Level 3 Magic - Ramuh: 2249 lightning elemental damage
Level 4 Magic - Ifrit: 2753 fire elemental damage
Level 5 Magic - Titan: 3257 Earth elemental damage
Level 6 Magic - Odin: 100% Instant Death. Note that I have seen this fail (on early game enemies to boot), so there might be some other factor…
Level 7 Magic - Leviathan: 3918 lightning elemental damage
Level 8 Magic - Bahamut: 4753 Non elemental magic damage

Sage
Illumina Book (65 Atk, 80% hit, Lighting elemental)
Illumina Book (see above)

Notes: Alright, cause this could get complex, I'll make this as simple as possible.  The items worth noting that Sage can equip are all the same that belong to Shaman, Warlock and Scholar.  Typically, though, he's never going to need his physical unless he's fighting an Anti Mage, hence why Damage > all (he's got MORE than enough status to play around with) So yes, this means Staves, Rods, Books, what have you.  Also gets resistance to Lightning element, and Confuse/Frog like every other damn Diamond Ring user <.<

Stats:
MP: 53/46/38/30/26/22/17/13
Strength: 33
Agility: 48 (53)
Intellect: 62 (67)
Spirit: 62
Attack: 14x76
Defense: 55
Evade: 3x47%
Magic Evade: 5x64%
Accuracy: 96%

Abilities:
Fight: 1001 Lightning elemental damage
Level 1 Magic:
Cure: 420 Healing
Fire: 520 Fire elemental damage
Ice: 520 Ice elemental damage
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 100% accuracy, Ignores Reflect
Chocobo: 1157 non elemental magic damage
Level 2 Magic:
Aero: 691 Ice/Air Elemental damage
Toad: Adds Toad status, 100% accuracy
Mini: Adds Mini status, 100% accuracy
Bolt: 615 Lightning elemental damage
Venom: 433 damage, adds Poison
Shiva: 1432 Ice elemental damage
Level 3 Magic:
Cure2: 1250 Healing
Exit: Instant Death, 100% accuracy
Fire 2: 805 Fire elemental damage
Ice 2: 805 Ice elemental damage
Bolt 2: 805 Lightning elemental damage
Ramuh: 2317 lightning elemental damage
Level 4 Magic:
Confuse: Adds confusion status, 100% accuracy
Ice 3: 1090 Ice elemental damage
Ifrit: 2781 fire elemental damage
Level 5 Magic:
Cure3:1800 Healing
Safe: Raises Defense and Magic Defense by 50
Bolt 3: 1328 Lightning elemental damage
Titan: 3245 Earth elemental damage
Level 6 Magic:
Haste: Raises attack by 50 and hits by 8.  This makes Sage's physical come out to 2869 on average.  Note that this value CAN vary since Haste's boost is a bit randomized (follows the cure formula it seems)
Aero 2: 1356 Ice/Air elemental damage
Fire 3: 1708 Fire elemental damage
Bio: 1518 non elemental damage
Odin: 100% Instant Death. Note that I have seen this fail (on early game enemies to boot), so there might be some other factor…
Level 7 Magic:
Quake: 1546 Earth elemental damage, Ignores Reflect
Brak2: Adds Petrify status, 100% accuracy, Earth elemental, Ignores Reflect
Drain: 1803 non-elemental damage, heals user equal to damage done, fails on bosses, Ignores Reflect
Leviathan: 3854lightning elemental damage
Level 8 Magic:
W Wind: Lower's targets HP to anything between 4 and 8.  Yes, this means the enemy dies from something that's above Hrist level damage, 100% Accuracy
Life 2: Resurrects PC at full HP.
Holy 1789 Holy elemental damage
Flare: 2183 non elemental damage
Death: Instant Death, 100% accuracy, ignores Reflect
Meteo: 1993 non elemental damage, ignores Reflect
Bahamut: 4622 Non elemental magic damage

Note: Only spells hit by reflect are ones that do damage, that aren't tagged "Ignore Reflect" AND are not Summons (which are obvious)

Ninja
Shuriken (200 Atk, 100% Hit)
Shuriken (See above) (Crystal Shield (20 Def, 20% Evade, 30 Mdef, +5 Str, Agl, and Vit))

Note: Ninja resists Petrify, Confuse, Sleep, Frog, Mini and Paralyze due to his Crystal Gear.
As far as equipment options…I'll be blunt.  See every equip in this topic?  Well, unless the word "Onion" is in its name, Ninja can use it, so…yeah <_<
Ok, fine, if he needs unlimited damage (Shurikens can only be equipped one per each hand, though, I personally allow restocking a turn; no different than FF Throw in this regard), his best option is easily Masamune + Excalibur.  Just check Magic Knight and Knight for what those equips do <_<

Stats:
Strength: 62 (67)
Agility: 62 (67)
Intellect: 33
Spirit: 33
Attack: 14x219 (8x220)
Defense: 79 (102)
Evade: 3x65% (8x86%)
Magic Evade: 4x33%

Abilities:
Fight: 3192 (1627) damage

Average Damage:
1. Summoner 4753
2. Sage 4622
3. Ninja 3192
4. Warlock 2491
5. Magic Knight 2380
6. Conjurer 2253
7. Dragoon 2223
8. Shaman's Holy 2029
9. Onion Kid 2002
10. Knight 1972
11. Black Wizard 1694
12. Karateka 1383
13. Monk 1353
14. White Wizard 1196
15. Scholar 1142
16. Thief 948
17. Viking 931
18. Hunter 748
19. Fighter 693
20. Geomancer 689
21. Red Wizard 670
22. Bard 595
Average: 1818

Defense:
1. Onion Kid 138
2. Red Wizard 103
3t. Viking 79
3t. Ninja 79
5. Knight 72
6. Magic Knight 67
7. Dragoon 65
8. Fighter 64
9. Warlock 60
10t. Shaman 55
10t. Sage 55
12. Karateka 49
13t.White Wizard 44
13t. Black Wizard 44
13t. Geomancer 44
13t. Bard 44
17t. Conjurer 40
17t. Summoner 40
19. Monk 39
20t. Hunter 32
20t. Scholar 32
22. Thief 31
Average: 58

Magic Defense:
1. Onion Kid 128
2. Red Wizard 99
3t. Fighter 43
3t. Knight 43
3t. Dragoon 43
3t. Viking 43
3t. Magic Knight 43
3t. Ninja 43
9t. Conjurer
9t. Warlock 28
9t. Shaman 28
9t. Summoner 28
9t. Sage 28
15t. White Wizard 26
15t. Black Wizard 26
17. Geomancer 22
18. Bard 15
19. Thief 14
20. Hunter 12
21t. Monk 11
21t. Karateka 11
Average:34
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 06:50:39 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 3 Original (Full)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »
Land Turtle:
HP: 120
Defense: Average
Magic Defense: Good
Average HP: 41

Abilities:
Physical: 13 damage

Damage's done to him:
Physical: 7
South Wind item: 50

Comments: Standard early game scrub.  If you take South Wind damage into account (you get 2), he doesn't even have durability. Light

Jinn:
HP: 480
Weak vs. Ice
Average HP: 122

Abilities:
Physical: 14
Fire: 27 Fire elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Fighter's Physical: 52
Monk's Physical: 45
White Wizard's Physical: 9
Red Wizard's Ice: 30
Black Wizard's Ice: 48
South Wind Item: 200 

Comments: Land Turtle, only with more HP, a weakness, and less damage, but he has a magic option! IOWs, he sucks. Light

Big Rat:
HP: 450
Defense: Doesn't matter, you're Minied (actually, its impossible to test cause of this)
Average HP: 168

Abilities:
Physical: 75
Fire 2: 140  Fire elemental magic damage
Ice 2: 140  Ice elemental magic damage
Bolt 2: 140  Lightning elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
White Wizard's Aero: 60
Black Wizard's Fire/Ice: 25 damage
Black Wizard's Bolt: 50
Black Wizard's Fire/Ice/Bolt 2: 80 damage

Note: Red Wizard can use Magic on him as well, but he has issues breaking defense, or just plain hitting him, so not getting those stats.
Note 2: You fight Big Rat while you are in Minied Status, as such, Monk and Fighter are COMPLETELY worthless, and aren't being factored in for this reason.

Comments: After the scrubs that are Jinn and Land Turtle, O_o  Big Rat has some killer damage for the time, and no, being Mini has little to do with it.  Less HP than Jinn when damage is upped a bit, but I think the fact that his damage is far better more than makes up for this.  A bit reliant on elemental, granted.  Still, High Heavy

Medusa:
HP: 980
Magic Defense: High enough that Black Wizard's level 2's are brought from 150~ to 25~
Average HP: 263

Abilities:
Physical: 55 damage
Break: 1 Earth elemental magic damage, Adds Slow Petrify, hit rate is…umm…nonexistent.

Damage's done to her:
Fighter's Physical: 146
Monk's Physical: 105
Red Wizard's Physical: 34
Black Wizard's Fire/Ice/Bolt 2: 25~
White Wizard's Aero: Struggles to break magic defense

Comments: Ridiculous Magic defense, there's no denying that.  However, the damage isn't there, and tricks (Break does not count) are nonexistant.  A better Jinn or something, but still Light

Guzco
HP: 1400
Magic Defense: Medusa Level
Average HP: 301

Guzco seems to have noteworthy evade, as my Monk consistantly missed 2 hits, and my Fighter never got all 4 hits in.

Abilities:
Physical: 120 damage, I saw this once mind, so the damage could be off
Fire 2: 60 Fire elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Fighter's Physical: 157 (assuming all hits get in)
Monk's Physical: 122 (assuming all hits get in, most likly they won't)
Red Wizard's Physical: 122
Black Wizard's Fire/Ice/Bolt 2: 40~
White Wizard's Anything: struggles to do any damage whatsoever.  The physical does like 30 damage if it hits <_<
Note: Black Wizard can have Ice 3 by now, but I forgot to get it.  I estimate the damage would be about 120, but hard to say.

Comments: Tank in non HP regards, damage could stand to be a bit better though, but its not total trash at least. High Middle I suppose.

Salamander
HP: 2100
Magic Defense: Medusa Level
Average HP: 386
Absorbs Fire, Weak vs. Ice

Abilities:
Physical: 30 damage!!!
Flame: 160 Fire elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Fighter's Physical: 320
Monk's Physical: 133
Red Wizard's Physical: 122
Black Wizard's Ice 3: 250~
White Wizard's Aero: 100~

Comments: Guzco with more HP, but worse nonfire damage.  Gains a weakness and nulls an element too.  Probably about as good, hard to say.

At this point, you get a whole bunch of new classes, and getting damages for all of them would be crazy, so...I'm just listing what I have in my current team, and possibly other noteworthy damage dealers.  Note that FF3 purposely makes some classes usable at certian points, so it would be pointless in some areas (like Fighter is totally obsolete when you get Knight.)

Hyne
HP: 1600
Magic Defense: Above Average
Average HP: 428
Weak vs. Fire, Ice or Lightning, chosen at random

Hyne has some pretty nasty evade, even the most accurate of physicals have problems hitting him, so his physical durabilty in game is much higher than you'd expect

Abilities:
Fire 2: 140 Fire elemental magic damage
Ice 2: 140 Ice elemental magic damage
Bolt 2: 140 Lightning elemental magic damage
Wall Change: Changes weakness to Fire, Ice or Lightning, and absorbs whichever two he is not weak too, chance of element is equal frequencies (note that it does NOT ignore his current elemental affinity, so there is a chance this move will do nothing)

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 202 damage, note that his POTENTIAL is higher in practice since he can exploit any weakness Hyne has due to his weapons, though, do note the evade makes this damage much lower than you'd expect (This damage is with King Sword + Ice Blade, his strongest weapons at the time)
Scholar's Physical: 129, see note on Knight
Archer's Physical: 154, see note on Knight
Black Wizard's Ice 3: 200~, note that this damage is more like 480 in practice since you can only hurt him when he's weak to it.
Black Wizard's Fire/Bolt 2: 120~, note that this damage is more like 300 in practice for similar reasons to Ice 3

Comments: Antiphysical bastard, there's no denying that. And he'll spoil people reliant on one or two elements, assuming those are Fire, Ice, or Lightning.  Damage could be better, though, as could the HP, both of which hold him back. Some sort of Heavy

Kraken
HP: 1950
Magic Defense: Good, but not quite Medusa level
Average HP: 530

Abilities:
Fire 2: 330 Fire elemental magic damage
Ice 2: 330 Ice elemental magic damage
Bolt 2: 330 Lightning elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 306
Archer's Physical: 207
White Wizard's Physical: No
Black Wizard's Ice 3: 200~

Comments: This...is much better than I expected, he must have been nailing resistance (Archer and Knight can equip elemental resistance at this point to Fire and Ice), but regardless, yes, we actually have a decent boss named Kraken in the FF series! 2HKO damage, no real durability failings (though he's not exactly a durability god either), etc.  Seems like a textbook Heavy Boss.

Goldor
HP: 2250
Magic Defense: Damn high (Ice is lowered to about 20% Potency)
Average HP: 710

Goldor has some good evade, dodging on average 2 of Karateka's (who has 99% accuracy) 8 hits, so its about 25% in practice

Abilities:
Physical: 200~ damage (hard to say exactly cause he has at least 5 hits, and it fluctuates based on target, so...)
Fire 2: 425 Fire elemental magic damage
Ice 2: 425 Ice elemental magic damage
Bolt 2: 425 Lightning elemental magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Thief's Physical: 400
Karateka's Physical: 534
Karateka's Build Up: 1074
Viking's Physical: 294
Knight's Physical: 317
**White Wizard's Physical: 69
*Black Wizard's Ice 3: 375/75

**At this point, I'm going to stop listing this cause White Wizard's damage is just that bad (this isn't to say White Wizard's are bad themselves, mind.)  Black Wizard's from now on I'll list their NORMAL damage, and then damage done to the boss, so you don't get confused.

Comments: Good magic damage and excellent magic defense, but HP isn't really there. Similar mold of Kraken, so like him, he gets "Heavy" too.

Garuda
HP: 5000
Magic Defense: A bit worse than Goldor's, though still high
Average HP: 776
Weak vs. Air

Garuda has some sick evade.  Some casual basic physical testing on him (cause formal tests = ARGHLE) led me to getting 4 out of 6 hits on him at best (Dragoons have 87% accuracy, mind.) and I saw many misses when using Jump on him.  hard to peg how good exactly, but its definitly good.

Abilities:
Thunder: 350 Lightning elemental Magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Dragoon's Physical: 730
Dragoon's Jump: 1109

Note that Jump ignores weapon elemental features, hence why it doesn't hit a weakness.  Also note that all of Dragoon's weapons are Air elemental, should that matter.

Note: Garuda is greatly urged to be fought with 4 Dragoons, and frankly, that's the only sane way to beat him (even that strategy isn't an insured chance.)  If you're really curious, damage against him hasn't changed much compared to Goldor, outside of Conjurers now being able to do damage.

Comments: For those who fought Garuda, that damage probably looks a bit dissapointing.  Granted, he still translates decently well given the effective durability due to Evade, Magic Defense, and HP.  Probably a Heavy for all that he runs scared from Lightning immunity.

Note: I fought Odin ASAP, but the damage values done to him are after the Undersea cave, so OFFENSIVELY, those values might be a little high.  The damage values don't need readjusting as they're after all the nice stuff in Undersea Cave, etc.  Well, ok, Spells might be a little low, the physicals are not.  Note that Undersea Cave has easier randoms, and generally nets you some very useful stuff against Odin, let alone overall better rewards, so its in your benefit to do it first, then go for Odin.

Odin
HP: 7000
Magic Defense: Average
Average HP: 1479

Odin has some noticiable evade, but its not godly or anything; Viking and Dragoon tended to miss one or two hits frequently.

Abilities:
Physical: 800~ damage.  This flucuates a lot based on hits; I've seen him hit a White Mage for 200 damage on 2 hits, and a Viking 9 times for 1400~, so...yeah.  This damage is roughly 6 hits, which seems to be what he gets close to on average.
Atom Edge: 450 Non elemental Magic damage

Damage's done to him:
Dragoon's Physical: 625
Dragoon's Jump: 1950
Viking's Physical: 524
Knight's Physical: 723
Karateka's Physical: 564
Karateka's Build Up: 1168
Thief's Physical: 589
White Wizard's Aero 2: 650
Conjurer's Titan (Punch): 550
Conjurer's Titan (Kick): 700

Comments: 2HKO physical damage with a 4HKO magic damage back up, good durability, not much else.  Heavy I suppose.

Leviathan and Bahamut are being fought right after going to Fargabad.  This means right before cave of Darkness, which is the most strenuous dungeon in the game, and the rewards they give tend to be worse than Cave of Darkness, with dungeons that are about 1/3rd the length (and Bahamut's Cave even gives you another Kotetsu, which is extremely useful in Cave of Darkness, more or less obsolete when you leave it), so fighting them now feels right, etc.

Leviathan
HP: 7000
Average HP: 1983

As usual, Leviathan has some non negligible evade, dodging 2-3 hits on average, blah blah, etc, you get the point.

Abilities:
Physical: 1000 physical damage
Tsunami: 600 Non Elemental Magical damage

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 1284
Magic Knight's Physical: 1497
Karateka's Physical: 744
Karateka's Build Up: 1534
Dragoon's Physical: 784
Dragoon's Jump: 2447
Viking's Physical: 883
White Wizard's Aero 2: 700
Black Wizard's Fire 3: 900
Conjurer's Titan (Punch): 925
Conjurer's Titan (Kick): 1000 (estimate, couldn't pull one off on him -_-)

Comments: Practically a clone of Odin...except he's fought after you get a 2nd Defender (HUGE step up from the King Sword), Magic Knights suddenly fail less, etc. Basically, he's Odin fought later, not scaled up properly.  In fairness, his magic damage is better, but that's purely an in game thing. Middle/Heavy

Bahamut
HP: 7500
Defense: High (takes about half damage from physicals by Knight and Magic Knight)
Magic Defense: High (takes about half from Fire 3 compared to randoms)
Average HP: 2085

As usual, Bahamut has decent evade, though it appears a bit worse than Leviathan, as he dodges only 1-2 hits on average.

Abilities:
Mega Flare: 1200 Non elemental Magic damage

Damage's done to him:
See Leviathan, and basically halve all those values.  You get no new weapons and such between them, etc.

Comments: Ah, now this is more like it.  Scrubby HP is offset by good defenses, and he has consistant 2HKO damage being fired off every round.  Another textbook Heavy most likly.

Hekaton
HP: 6500
Average HP: 2403

The usual decent evade is here, etc.  Note that you are getting progressivly better accuracy, and you're still missing about the same # of hits, so its probably better on paper than it is in practice due to this or something.

Abilities:
Physical: 1000~ damage, this damage fluctuates a lot with hits, so its hard to get a good estimate, this works for now though.

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 1309
Magic Knight's Physical: 1683
Viking Physical: 883
Karateka's Physical: 842
Karateka's Build Up: 1785
Dragoon's Physical: 810
Dragoon's Jump: 2526
White Wizard's Aero 2: 900
Black Wizard's Fire 3: 1050
Conjurer's Leviathan (Tempest):1450
Conjurer's Titan (Punch): 1150
Conjurer's Titan (Kick): 1300

Comments: I think the HP speaks for itself.  Combined with 3HKO, he's pretty much your typical scrubby boss or something.

Titan
HP: 7800
Defense: Takes about 70% damage from most physicals
Magic Defense: Takes about 50% damage from Magic
Average HP: 2487

He has evade, blah blah blah tuna blah whatever.

Abilities:
Flare: 950 nonelemental Magic damage

Damage's done to him:
See Hekaton, lower physical damage by 30%, and magic by 50%, and you have it.
...yes, I was lazy with a scrub like Titan, there's too many damn filler bosses at this point <_<

Comments: Mage Hekaton with better durability! I suppose he's an improvement or something.

Dorga
HP: 4500
Magic Defense: Ridiculous
Average HP: 2634

Tends to dodge 3-4 hits on average, and your accuracy is practically maxed to boot.  Given he's an important boss, I'll even go as far as to say that Knight and Magic Knight have 10 hits total!

Abilities:
Quake: 750 Earth Elemental Magic damage
Break 2: Petrify, seems perfect or close to it
Drain: 1000 non elemental damage, heals him equal to damage done

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 1379
Magic Knight's Physical: 1707
Shaman's Aero 2: 1000/175
Summoner's Leviathan: 2150/550

Not bothering with the other physical classes, since now's about the time they become obsolete and such, outside of Knight and Magic Knight (well, Dragoon gets Holy Spear soon, so might still get his stats), so none are really worth bothering to get stats for.  Also not bothering with Warlock's damage, since its flat out worse than Summoner's, and damage isn't something you use Warlock for, especially for bosses.

Comments: The HP is attrocious, there's no denying that. The magic defense helps him against mages, granted, and the evade doesn't hurt but he's still rather frail.  Damage could be better, though he does at least have a good status move to fall back on.  Middle Spoiler of sorts, I suppose.

Unne
HP: 4500
Magic Defense: Ridiculous
Average HP: 2634

Tends to dodge 3-4 hits on average, and your accuracy is practically maxed to boot.  Given he's an important boss, I'll even go as far as to say that Knight and Magic Knight have 10 hits total!

Abilities:
Physical: Saw this once, and it missed -_-
Blizzard: 350 Ice magic damage
Wall: Reflects Damage spells back at user
W. Wind: Lowers enemies HP to single digits, 33% accuracy

Damages done to her:
See Dorga

Comments: Wall is about the only thing she has going for her.  W. Wind WOULD be good if it, you know, actually hit.  Otherwise? yeah, really bad boss, worse than Dorga probably.

Amon
HP: 7040
Average HP: 3132
Weak vs. Fire, Ice or Lightning, chosen randomly at the start of battle

Usual FF3 Boss evade, etc.  Its about Dorga/Unne level.

Abilities:
Flame: 440 fire elemental, magic damage
Wall Change: Changes weakness to Fire/Ice/Lightning, absorbs all other elements, yes this is identical to Hyne's and such

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 1577
Magic Knight's Physical: 1757
Shaman's Aero 2: 1100.  Note that this can only hurt him when he's weak to it, so damage is double, in esscence
Summoner's Bahamut: 3200 damage
Summoner's Leviathan: 2200 damage.  Note he can only be hurt by this when weak to it, so double its damage, etc.

Comments: Hyne beaten with a nerf stick...and then some.  Wall Change is a nifty trick, except he has nothing but crappy fire damage (and possibly a physical I never saw), and attrocious HP.

Note that I gave the Full Moon to the Knight (jump from Defender to Full Moon is larger than Kikuchimonji to Full Moon), hence the damage jump on Knight here.

Kunoichi
HP: 9000

Especially good evade; seems to dodge 5 of the 10 hits on average, near as I can tell.

Abilities:
Physical: 1200 damage, fluctuates a lot due to hits, etc.
Mind Blast: Paralysis, never saw it miss on my Summoner (the one vulnerable PC)

Damage's done to her:
Knight's Physical: 1980
Magic Knight's Physical: 1757
Shaman's Aero 2: 1100.  Note that this can only hurt him when he's weak to it, so damage is double, in esscence
Summoner's Bahamut: 3200 damage
Summoner's Leviathan: 2200 damage

Comments: HP could use a lot of work, as can damage, though at least she has accurate Paralysis and good evade.  Not much else to say about her...

General
HP: 12000
Defense: Good
Magic Defense: High

Evade is about as good as Kunoichi's.

Abilities:
Physical: 1500, like Kunoichi, it fluctuates based on hits and such, so hard to get an exact value

Damage's done to him:
Knight's Physical: 1980/1386~
Magic Knight's Physical: 2383/1668~
Shaman's Aero 2: 1100/400.  Note that this can only hurt him when he's weak to it, so damage is double, in esscence
Summoner's Bahamut: 3200/2200 damage
Summoner's Leviathan: 2200/900 damage

Comments: Well, his HP at least hit 5 digits! And he's got good physical durability! ...that's about all I can say good about him. Well, almost 2HKO damage or something. Man, is it just me, or do the Eureka Guardians make the FF4 Lunar Guardians look like Godlike Champs <_<?

Ok, the next two bosses can be fought in either order.  Its literally one path with a branch in both directions, of equal length, etc.  I went for the Elder Staff first, mostly cause the benefits of getting it (namely Sage and Ninja) are better than Ragnarok.
Also note that I already went and grabbed Crystal Equips as well as level 8 magic, so if damage values seem a bit low, that's why, as well as why I already have Holy. Also note there's a healing spot right nearbye, so I am considering Bahamut Spams legit for this hence, why Leviathan won't be listed.

Scylla
HP: 10000
Magic Defense: High

Usual evade nonsense, about as good as Kunoichi's, etc.

Abilities:
Flare: 1750 non elemental magic damage

Damage's done to her:
Knight's Physical: 2252
Magic Knight's Physical: 2383
Shaman's Holy: 1500/1000
Summoner's Bahamut: 3200/2200 damage

Comments: 2HKO damage, low durability, good magic defense, we've been here before.

My Ninjas are using Kikuichimonji/Masamune and Full Moon/Excalibur, if you're wondering, for this next fight.

Guardian
HP: 12000

He tends to evade 2 hits on average, which is somewhat worse than bosses before him by this point (I have 12 and 14 hits on my Ninjas respectivly)

Abilities:
Quake: 1100 Earth elemental magic damage
Wall: Reflects Magic back at the opponent, etc.
Cure 2: 950 Healing!!!

Damage's done to him:
Ninja 1's Physical: 2554
Ninja 2's Physical: 2616
Sage's Bahamut: 3700/2700

Comments: Considering he's facing the two most unfair classes in the game, his durability is absolutly attrocious.  That is all that needs to be said...well, ok, his damage sucks too.  Wall helps some I guess?

At this point, damage from PCs more or less becomes what it is in the DL, so if you're wondering how much HP, check the PC stat topic.  FOr Non Shuriken damage from Ninja's, just refers to the above.  Note that Ninja 1's damage MIGHT increase a bit, since he may get some more hits, so feel free to add on another 300~ damage to him.

Zande
HP: 21000
Magic Defense:
Average HP: 3593

Abilities:
Libra: Scans the opponent.  Note that he opens with this, then uses it every other turn, so its effectivly the games way of doing a charge time.
Flame: 750 Fire elemental Magic damage
Meteo: 2800 Non elemental magic damage
Quake: 2100 Earth elemental Magic damage

Comments: If it weren't for the charge times, Zande would be a pretty nasty dueller.  High 2HKO damage and can almost take a hit.  Unfortunatly, he has those charge times, so...

The next 4 bosses can be fought in any order you desire.  There is no canon order or some such, so yeah, just listing them in the order I face them.  Basically, its like the SD3 Godbeasts, except there's none of this "Gets stronger the later you face them!" nonsense.

Echidna
HP: 32000
Magic Defense: Good (takes 2400 from Bahamut instead of 3700)
Average HP: 3712

Tends to evade 5 hits or so on average.

Abilities:
Quake: 1800 Earth elemental magic damage
Death: Instant Death , have yet to see this miss
*Break 2: Petrify
Flare: 2800 Non Elemental magic damage
Drain: 2300 Non Elemental magic damage, heals her for damage done
Meteo: 2600 Non Elemental magic damage

*Can't really say how accurate this is, since my entire team was immune to it, though on paper, it should be as accurate as Death

Comments: Good damage, passable durability, and some status...yeouch.  Oh, PARASITIC HEALING!!!! too or something.  Regardless, its been a while since we had a genuinly decent boss, but Echidna being good shouldn't surprise anyone whose fought her. Heavy/Godlike

Cerberus
HP: 23000
Magic Defense: Good (takes 1300 less from Bahamut like Echidna)
Average HP: 3754

Evade is about as good as Echidna's

Abilities:
Physical: Saw this once, and it missed -_-
Thunder: 750 Lightning elemental magic damage

Comments: Not much to say.  Cerberus is basically Garuda with twice the damage (unscaled) against 5x the HP, and has worse durability.  I'll let you figure out how good he is now.

2 Headed Dragon
HP: 29000
Magic Defense: Same as Echidna/Cerberus
Average HP: 3922

Same evade as the other two Dark Crystal guardians.

Abilities:
Physical: 7500.  This damage fluctuates beyond belief (seen it go as low as 2000, but that was Back Row only, and as high as 9999, but that was to a Front Row Sage), due to him having 30 potential hits.  Note that he tends to get about 26 of these hits or so, which is what his damage is taken at.
Oh, he also seems to have a 25% Critical hit rate (only enemy in the game with noteworthy criticals), though these don't seem to add very much to his damage.

Comments: Completely one dimensional boss, like most of FF3.  Except unlike most bosses, 2 Headed Dragon is about brutally overkilling you one a time instead of overwhelming your healing with good MT damage. Needless to say, this translates MUCH BETTER into a duelling format.  Clear Godlike even if Kimhari kicks his ass.

Ahriman
HP: 35000
Magic Defense: Same as the other Dark Guardians
Average HP: 3922

Evade is the same, etc.  Man, Crystal Guardians are really consistent here at least <.<

Abilities:
Physical: Saw this once, it missed, he hates using it
Blizzard: 850 Ice elemental magic damage
Flame: 850 Fire elemental magic damage
Thunder: 850 Lightning elemental magic damage
Quake: 1700 Earth elemental magic damage
Meteo: 3300 non elemental magic damage
Cure 2: 800 Healing, fear or something?

Comments: Echidna trading in her tricks for better damage and HP.  Losing trade since the damage advantage isn't really enough, but he's still solid. High Heavy

Dark Cloud
HP: 45000
Defense: Above average
Magic Defense: Same as the Dark Guardians
Average HP: 3967

Evasion is pretty obscene; as in, I've seen my Ninja miss 11 hits with Shurikens on her once, and they tend to require Haste to be insured to get double digit hits.

Abilities:
Flare Wave: 1600 non elemental Magic damage

Note: It seems Dark Cloud has some sort of Innate Weakness to Shurikens (possibly weak vs. Air?) as they do far more damage than the attack stats should let them do to her, while Ragnarok and the other weapons are doing about the expect values per hit.  That, or Shurikens follow some different Algorithms and I've undersold them <_<

Comments: The most blunt boss in the game, no questions asked.  Spams one move the entire time, and has nothing else.  For all that this translates rather well in game...it means very little in the DL, since the MT aspect kind of dies, as does the random turns.  Perfect example of a boss who doesn't really translate, despite being rather scary in game.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:27:08 AM by Meeplelard »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »
Durabilities courtesy of Elfboy who was brave enough to actually bother getting all of them.  Also kudos to super for digging them up and sending them to me.

Physical durability:
(Shield Onion Kid 20%)
1. Onion Kid 49%
(Safe Shaman 66%)
(Safe Sage 70%)
2. Red Wizard 71%
(Shield Viking, Ninja 72%)
(Shield Knight 76%)
(Safe White Wizard 77%)
(Shield Magic Knight 79%)
(Shield Dragoon 81%)
(Shield Fighter 82%)
3t. Viking, Ninja 87%
5. Knight 91%
6. Magic Knight 94%
7. Dragoon 96%
8. Fighter 96%
9. Warlock 99%
(Tyrving Red Wizard 99%)
10t. Shaman, Sage 102%
12. Karateka 106%
13t. White Wizard, Black Wizard, Geomancer, Bard 109%
17t. Conjurer, Summoner 112%
19. Monk 112%
(Shield Thief 112%)
20t. Hunter, Scholar 117%
22. Thief 117%

Magical durability:
(Shield Onion Kid 9%)
1. Onion Kid 40%
2. Red Wizard 58%
(Safe Shaman 68%)
(Safe Sage 72%)
(Safe White Wizard 73%)
(Shield Fighter, Knight, Dragoon, Viking, Magic Knight, Ninja 75%)
3t. Fighter, Knight, Dragoon, Viking, Magic Knight, Ninja 94%
(Tyrving Red Wizard 94%)
9t. Conjurer, Warlock, Shaman, Summoner, Sage 104%
15t. White Wizard, Black Wizard 105%
17. Geomancer 108%
(Shield Thief 108%)
18. Bard 112%
19. Thief 113%
20. Hunter 114%
21t. Monk, Karateka 115%

Evade:
1. Red Wizard 99%
(Shield Thief, Ninja 69%)
(Shield Dragoon 61%)
(Shield Fighter 60%)
(Shield Mage Knight 59%)
(Shield Knight 58%)
(Shield Onion Kid 50%)
(Shield Viking 47%)
2. Thief 30%
3t. Onion Kid, Ninja 20%
5t. Dragoon, Magic Knight 19%
7. Summoner 15%
8t. Scholar, Geomancer, Warlock, Shaman, Sage 14%
13. Hunter 13%
14t. Fighter, Knight 12%
(Tyrving Red Wizard 12%)
16t. Monk, Karateka, Bard 10%
19. Conjurer 8%
20. Viking 6%
21t. White Wizard, Black Wizard 4%

In summary: Red Wizard rules this stat. Physical characters can pick up a shield to half their damage but generally roughly half the amount of times they get hit (plus some def boosts). Everyone else is pretty negligible at evade, though Thief's okay.

Magic Evade:
1. Sage 32%
2. Wizard 25%
3. Summoner 24%
4. Conjurer 19%
5t. Scholar, Geomancer 15%
7. Shaman 14%
8. Ninja 13%
9. Bard 11%
10. Magic Knight 10%
11t. White Wizard, Black Wizard 9%
13t. Red Wizard, Thief 8%
15. Dragoon 7%
16. Hunter 6%
(Shield Viking 6%)
17. Knight 5%
18. Viking 4%
19t. Onion Kid, Fighter 1%
21t. Monk, Karateka 0%

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »
Link to some stuff about the magic damage formula, thanks to Reiska for digging this up:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19592.0.html

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.