Author Topic: Odin Sphere  (Read 1695 times)

Pyro

Odin Sphere
« on: December 18, 2007, 11:21:15 PM »
Okay, ground rules.

- I didn't use much of the Pooka Kitchen, but some of the HP values may not be exactly perfect. Not sure about random variance, but I don't believe it exists in any paticularly significant form.

- No accessories allowed, since who wants Jupiter Bangles v HP boosting becomes iffy.

- Level was taken as Psypher 35 and HP 30. This is probably above what you will finish each character's quest with but the game encourages you to go back and level/alchemize for the final bosses. Its also the level where the last ability is learned for several PCs.

- The game's abilities are accessed by expending 'Phozon Gauges". These are acquired by absorbing Phozons on the field, and youc can have a maximum of 9 gauges (at endgame). I'm assuming at least 6 Phozon Gauges as far as damage goes. Obviously you can decrease this as you see fit (4 would be the lowest I'd allow, personally). Just change all the rankings except Oswald to Light if you don't allow any.

-All the PC's innate skills are allowed, they are largely universal but learned naturally. Sadly repetitive, however. Lots of copying and pasting. I listed even the useless ones in the order they are learned for whomever may be interested.

-I'm assuming every action is a turn regardless of time used. It would be highly unpleasant to try another method. I'm ignoring POW for the purposes of the topic.

-The cast can block the following statii with storebought accessories: Poison, Flame, Freeze, and Frog. Don't think these require much explanation.

-Timed effects (buffs/Invis) last 30 seconds. This tends to be a fairly long time. Combos last about 3 seconds in general.

Gwendolyn:
HP: 827

Combo: 1098
Dive Attack:
Special abilities:
Blocking. Thirds damage. Can be useful for stopping an attack you can't move out of the way of. At best case it could be seen as some kind of evade (only she and Cornelius have it)
Gliding: No DL use, but its looks really awesome!

Skills:
Cyclone(1): 750 (presumably wind) damage.
Invisible(1): PC becomes transparent and immune to physicals/magic/status/etc. Downside, they can't hurt the enemy with their physical attacks. Overload and Phozon Burst do work under this.
Phozon Burst (2): 2300 (presumably magic) damage. Could be construed as fire elemental since it can cause flame status.
Overload(2): Doubles physical damage. (Phozon Burst not affected)
Phozon Release(1): Releases 5 Phozons. ZOMG OWNS... uhh.... I got nothing.
Shadow Ally(3): Creates a clone of Gwendolyn that attacks along with her. The actual effect essentially quadruples her damage to 4392. The extra attacks ignore blocking/defending. Usable while under Invisible, but then its only x3 (3294). Total damage dealt with Shadow Ally under Invisible? About 29000.

3 turn damage: Shadow Ally+Attack+Attack: 8748

Comments: Great HP, damage buffing, and the ability to smite even durable bosses under Shadow Ally+Invis. Possiby unscaled bosses if you give her 8 gauges. She has serious issues with Healers unless she can OHKO them with Overload+Shadow Ally, and her damage out of the gate is unimpressive. Sadly the clone attack damage is not doubled by Overload, so the multiplier is only x5 if she stacks them. Probably a good Heavy, but can't play around in Godlike.

Cornelius:
HP: 697

Combo: 1026
Special ability: Blocking. See Gwendolyn.

Skills:
Psypher Heal(1): Heals Max HP/100 (truncated) HP per 1/2 second or so as long as the user does not move and isn't hit. Useless? Not quite. Using Invisible and this, healing comes out to about 58%
Phozon Release
Invisible(1): PC becomes transparent and immune to physical/magic/status/etc. Downside, they can't hurt the enemy with their physical attacks. Overload and Phozon Burst do work under this.
Phozon Burst (2): 2300 (presumably magic) damage. Could be construed as fire elemental since it can cause flame status.

3 turn damage: Phozon Burstx3: 6900

Comments: Cornelius lives or dies by how many gauges you give the cast. I'd peg him as a Middle, I guess.

Mercedes:
HP: 409

Rapid bow attack: 2100 damage over 10 hits. Requires reloading after 2 uses.
Special Ability: Lock on shot. 1300 damage, locks on to the target
Note: Mercedes can fly, but can't use skills or reload while in the air. Her bow also seems to ignore physical immunity (kills green slimes)

Skills:
Homing Shot (1): 2000 damage. Damage is subject to Overload. Works under Invisible.
Phozon Release
Invisible(1): PC becomes transparent and immune to physical/magic/status/etc. Downside, they can't hurt the enemy with their physical attacks. Overload and Phozon Burst do work under this.
Psypher Heal(1): Heals Max HP/100 (truncated) HP per 1/2 second or so as long as the user does not move and isn't hit. Useless? Not quite. Using Invisible and this, healing comes out to about 58%

3 turn damage: Overload+Gatling Gunx2: 8400
Hahaha to Mercedes seeing 3 turns without Invisible though.

Comments: She can get off 4000 damage Homing Shots under Invisible if you give her the gauges for it. Variant of Gwendolyn that doesn't have as much raw Invisibility damage, and half the HP. I suppose I'd say she's a good Middle

Oswald:
HP: 830

Attack chain: 1200
Special Ability: Shadow Knight Transformation
Oswald transforms into the Shadow Knight, which increases his damage and speed. This mode however rapidly depletes his POW (so much so that he will almost always be stunned afterwards). This transformation takes about 3 seconds..

Attack string as Shadow Knight: ~4000. It has a high variance due to crit rate/how long before he is knocked out of it. This is a headache to interpret. I generally see this as taking a turn to transform and having a turn of recoil. This makes it inefficient at dealing damage in the long term.

Skills:
Invisible(1): PC becomes transparent and immune to physical/magic/status/etc. Downside, they can't hurt the enemy with their physical attacks. Overload and Phozon Burst do work under this.Phozon Burst:
Phozon Release

Comments: Oswald can deal enormous damage in Shadow Knight form, but its questionable whether its worth anything since he's knocked out of it by damage. He can do something nasty with it if he uses Invisible+Overload+Transform and start attacking just before it drops. Don't know how far that gets him, honestly. If you allow that he might be a decent Heavy.

Velvet:
HP: 547

Combo: 1011 damage.
Special ability:
Lock-on Chain: 763 damage, homes in on enemies. Godlike range.

Skills:
Phozon Release:
Phozon Burst: 2313

Comments: See Cornelius, subtract HP. A Light/Middle, probably. Lock-on chain owns Zeon, though.

HP: 660
Oswald: 830
Gwendolyn: 827
Cornelius:697
Velvet: 547
Mercedes: 403

Damage average:
One turn: 2300

Three turn:
Gwendolyn: Shadow Ally+Attack + Attack: 8748
Mercedes: Overload + Attack+Attack: 8400
Cornelius: Phozon Burstx3: 6900