RPG Debate > Music Tournament

Music Tournament of DOOM mk3 ~Pool 5~

(1/6) > >>

Talaysen:
EDIT: There was a mistake in Pool 4, so please check that thread if you've already voted there.  Thank you.

I think you know the drill by now. Copy the match ups below and bold which song you like better. The names are links to a stream of the song.

If there are any mistakes, please let me know ASAP so we can fix them.

I will put up a new pool every half week and they will all be open for a week as well. If enough people don't like this pace, I am willing to change the schedule, but let's roll with this and see how it goes.

MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls

Full pool download
http://www.mediafire.com/?rtmlmnyzvqg

Voting closes 7:00 PM Friday, April 9.

EDIT: There was a mistake in Pool 4, so please check that thread if you've already voted there.  Thank you.

Niu:
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. -Abstain, I don't know whether I should punish KOKIA for singing the song incorrectly.....

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise -Perhaps I can finally say that Shimomura is better than Hamauzu?
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura- Or maybe not.....

Random Consonant:
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel - Less unpleasant.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale - lawl
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1 - Yep.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/. - Fires of Hokkai is kinda boring and kinda bad.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness - On the one hand, Femmes Fatales is pretty bleh, on the other hand, that sure is a Tales randobattle track right there.  Going with the one that doesn't have the crappy opera singer.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus - Better match than I was expecting.  Still, personal bias~.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise - Really good match, this.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura - Man, these last three matches are the closest ones in the main pool and they're all good, too.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream - Was never that big on Slayers OPs.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream - Eh.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D - Eh.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls - Excellent match, won't be disappointed either way.

Cmdr_King:
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel- THere's definitely some TWEWY songs I can get into.  This um... not one of them.  Even ignoring that OWA is iconic.
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale- I feel about the NMH track about how I'd feel actually trying to eat fake leather in the morning.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1- Neither's doing much for me.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.  -[02:47] <CmdrKing> *sigh* ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
[02:47] <CmdrKing> WHY MUST YOU LOVE THE HORNS

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness- Not the most inspiring Tales music, but I've never been a fan of PE's electronic tracks either.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise- Ooooohhh, the "I'm the only track you actually hear in FFXIII" track.  It is pretty good, but I'll go with nom support.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura- Y'know, both of these are good early rounders.  I don't think they'll go super far, but both enjoyable while they'll be here.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls- ... y'know what?  I've been listening to these for twenty minutes, and come to no certain conclusion.  Y'all can fight it out yourselves, and both beat the above match, so yeah, we're good.

Tonfa:
MAIN TOURNAMENT
The World Ends With You - Long Dream VS. Final Fantasy VII - One-Winged Angel: Groovy~
No More Heroes - Pleather for Breakfast VS. Blazblue - Reppu/Gale: Yeah uh no.
Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Seven Sisters Academy A VS. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 1: Both are alright at the core, Battle 1 does much more.
Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object - Fires of Hokkai VS. Ar tonelico 3 - EXEC_COSMOFLIPS/.: Would have support nommed COSMOFLIPS if it hadn't been nommed at #1. Hokkai is ZUN trying something different but I don't feel it works all that well.

Parasite Eve - Femmes Fatales VS. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Wilderness of Sadness: Go PE track, for being so repetitive and awful you force me to choose Tales battle music...well, it's above average Tales music.
Melty Blood Actress Again - Blood Drain VS. SaGa Frontier - Last Battle ~ Asellus: Mm, decent if unspectacular OP vs...okay, Asellus doesn't really do anything for me.
Final Fantasy XIII - Blinded by Light VS. Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - The Other Promise: Blinded By Light > Frocobo > Rest of FF13. *nod* Not feeling Promise.
Halo 3 - One Final Effort VS. Sigma Harmonics - Jutsuinu no Kagura: Hey, your one final effort was LAST YEAR, this is just coming out of retirement. Cheater.

ANIME
Slayers NEXT - Give a Reason VS. X - eX Dream: Hm. Both are decent. The eX Dream track makes me actively pay attention near the end though.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Happily Ever After VS. Strawberry Panic - Kuchibiru Daydream: Decent feelgood track > Completely interchangeable with a number of other anime OP-vocal type vocals EDIT: Okay the Strawberry track kicks in some nice violin way late...too late.

ARRANGED
Final Fantasy VI - FF6 kdb3 VS. Aretha 2 - AKHT @ Akineko - Mega Flash D: I feel wrong voting for Yet Another Decisive Battle Arrange, but it is superior here.
Front Mission - drammatica -The Very Best of Yoko Shimomura- - Manifold Irons VS. Persona 3 - -PERSONA MUSIC LIVE- Velvetroom in AKASAKA BLITZ - Battle for Everyone’s Souls: Great match.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version