Author Topic: Fact Center #5  (Read 1567 times)

Minstrel

• New User
    • View Profile
Fact Center #5
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:37 AM »
Metal Demons - the well known predator race that has plagued the worlds known as Filgaia. Their bodies are made of steel, blood made of mercury, and they are capable of surviving as a mere electrical signal. There have been extreme differences between them from what we have observed in the various Filgaias: Mother, a maniacal destroyer from Hyades; Siegfried, who was a Terran; and Beatrice, a dream devil. They came from different places and have different motives, yet they can all be traced into one single origin... the primordial Eve. In the Terrans' quest for a stronger bodies to fulfill their destructive urges, they refined themselves over and over again with nanomachines and came into a brand new state of being, the very first Mother - the Eve. From her, the race of Metal Demons was born. Whom of the Terran race is the creator of Eve? We don't know, nor do we know the person's purpose in such creation. After all, what need is there for this new race? If destruction is sought, weren't the Dragons enough? Or is there something else...?

There is one thing that must be pointed out: Mother is not a name given to any specific Metal Demon, but rather, a title given to the Metal Demons who have the ability to reproduce and create a clan themselves. As of now there are only nine Mother units existing across the multiverse. Of those nine we have already known two, and we can only hope the remaining seven aren't as menacing as those we have known.

Though, there may be a ray of hope. As lifeforms specifically designed for battle, Metal Demons are a race that are very lacking emotionally. The desire to conquer, the pleasure when they tear apart their enemy, the tension when confronting a strong foe; these are everything to them. They know neither love nor hope. The only existing exception is Zed, and an exception indeed! That he could be cursed by the Doom Bringer, the evil sword that brings misfortune only upon those who have a kind heart... Does this mean that the Metal Demons aren't completely without emotion? Is this wishful thinking? Or perhaps, this is the "something else"? For a race whose composition, whose very structure consists of psycho-transmitting metal, imagine the power they could achieve if they could have a human heart? But if this hope is true, for what purpose is their colossal power? That power is certainly beyond the purpose of destruction. The mystery only broadens itself as I contemplate ... as the Creator of Eve is the only person who could answer this for us.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Fact Center #5
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:06:15 AM »
By 'Terran', is that supposed to simply mean 'human'? Or as in... 'Earthling'?

Are new Metal Demons made by Mother-type lifeforms created from base materials, or do new Metal Demons come from humans (like Harken)?

I find the links between the games in the Wild Arms series to be particularly fascinating. I'm assuming all of this comes from some Japanese source that states that (at least) Wild Arms 1, 2, and 3 are canonically connected. But what about 4,5,XF, and the TV series?

I can certainly see WA4 easily being related to the others (it mentions Crimson Nobles, Guardians, nanotechnology/magic), but I'm not as certain on WA5 or XF. The TV series certainly seems like it could fit into the canon easily enough, but since it's not one of the main games, I wouldn't jump to that assumption.

-Djinn