Author Topic: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance  (Read 2957 times)

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:47 PM »
Another transfer from the old board.  This is far less complete than the last one.  It will be finished....at some point.

---

Doing stats for 23 playables is fairly insane without interpretation issues. Unfortunately, there ARE interpretation issues.

1.Single attack, or full combo?

All characters are allowed a three-hit string of attacks, combining Light and Heavy attacks. Heavy attacks cannot start these combos. Do we allow single hits per 'turn', or a full string? And if we DO allow full strings, do we allow the 'status effects' that they can cause? For the record, a full string takes about 2 seconds.

Causable status effects from Combos:
Trip(Light, Heavy, Light): knocks the target down for a short time. This allows a 'stomp' attack, which deals extra damage than normal light attacks. Stomps cannot be done with Heavy attacks. Large enemies cannot be Tripped.

Stun(Light, Heavy, Heavy): Stuns the target, preventing attacks. If the target is in the middle of an attack, they will finish the attack before being Stunned. Affects all save Bosses.

Popup(Light, Light, Heavy): Knocks the target up into the air. A second after the popup, they're in range for physical attacks again as they come down. When they land, a stomp is avalible. Large targets cannot be hit with Popup.

Knockback: Caused by fully charging and releasing a Heavy attack. Charging I read as taking a 'turn'. Knocks the target back a ways, and to the floor, thus allowing stomps. Doesn't work on Bosses or Large targets.

Light, Light, Light string has no special effects.

All attacks may critical, usually doing about twice normal damage.

2. Costumes
All characters have 'Costumes', which provide boosts to aspects of the character. All start with one as 'initial equip'. They may only be changed at Save Points.(Between Duels?) Two more are unlocked by getting kills with the character. The last is unlocked by completing their Training Simulator mission. As every time you get a disc, you are allowed to enter it immediately, I'm tempted to allow all costumes. I'll be listing them for reference. But depending on how much you focus on your team of characters, you may have your playable team fully upgraded, or your entire set of playables with only a few upgrades-they must be bought, you see. The first level costs 1000, and increases by 1000 per level, to a max of Level 9. I'll still list my CURRENT ranks in the costume I'm using. So I must ask-should I take the time to max out the ranks in the costumes? EDIT: With Hard Mode, cash runs like water-maxing out costumes is not a concern.

ALL costumes have the 'Defence' trait, which adds Defence points. Every point of Defence reduces damage by 1. Defence comes only from your Costume, and from Items.

3. Items
There ARE equippable items-more like 'Accessories'-in addition. Minor items are random, dropped from some minor bosses, unique to specific characters, and usually provide boosts to single skills, along with minor boosts to Defence or Damage. Major items come from specific bosses, are unique(Only one in-game), and can be equipped by anyone(Though some may have more claim than others). They also give very tangible all-round boosts. I go with no additional equipment except those things that are very...specific. I'll be listing these in the character entries.

4. Characters.
Characters are taken from my personal file-Around Level 43 or so. A little over-levelled, but I've been trying to find certain objects before I move to Hard Mode, and my level has gone up whilst doing it. You'll finish the game on Normal at roughly level 40.

5.Skills
Skills: You have the ability to change your equipped Powers, and the ranks you have in those powers, at any time. However, there are limits:

You MUST have at least one rank in a power. Your 'initial skills' have a minimum of two ranks-you can't remove the 'initial point' given at game start, nor the first point you assign to it. I will list skills at minimum and maximum. A character may have two attacks, one 'boost'(Buff or debuff), and one 'Extreme' attack.

Extreme attacks are powered by 'Momentum', gained by using normal attacks and completing combos. It can take about 5-10 'rounds' of attacking to fill the momentum meter. They are usually quite damaging, multi-target, and may only have one level, costing two skill points to get.

Uncertain whether skill damage listed takes boosts from costumes and such into account. EDIT: They don't.

Skill points are earned by levelling up(You get one every other level), or by buying them. The cost is not fixed, and depends on how many you've bought before, as well as your level.

The real problem is dealing with those skills that involve tapping and holding down buttons. How do you treat those? Do you take damage over one press? multiple presses over two seconds? Going all-out?

6. Team bonuses
After the first few missions, you form a 'Team'. You may make your own, or go with pre-sets.(I went with my own.) At this point, you start gaining 'Reputation Points' and Reputation Levels' for your team by killing boss-class enemies and completing major objectives. Gaining levels for your Team allows you to gain 'Team Skill Points' that can be assigned to skills that help the Team in significant ways. Reputation points can also be spent to change your active Team members, and thus who can benefit from Team bonuses. It costs 50 Rputation to make such a switch. If you're inducting a new member via Team Bench, there is no cost. Team Skills cannot be un-learned, and are all Passives.

Team Level is 28: again, a little over-levelled, but...
Team Skills have 5 ranks, except for Team Bench, which has 6.

I will note the members of my Team here. Keep this in mind when I list stats, damage, and such.

Name: Grand Cross
Members
Spider-Man
Deadpool
Captain America
Storm
Dr.Strange
The Human Torch
Luke Cage
-And 1 empty slot-.

Skills Learned
Team Vitality(5/5): +25% to Max Health.
Team Synergy(5/5): +25% to Max Energy.
Team Force(5/5): +11% extra Damage to all attacks.
Team Focus(4/5): 20% extra EXP earned.
Team Tactics(4/5): Earn 80% extra Momentum from your Melee attacks.
Team Bench(4/6):Adds extra slots to your Team, allowing more variety in members. 4 Extra Slots.

Stats:
Health: Lose this and get KOed.
Energy: This fuels your Powers. Energy is constantly regenerating over time.
Body: Controls Health to an extent. Formula given is: 25+5 per Level+3 per Body.
Focus: Controls Energy and it's regeneration. Also supposedly adds Mental damage to melee attacks. Formula given for Energy is: 30+4 per Level+3 per Focus.
Striking: Controls damage done by Melee. 10% per level, and 20% per Striking, it says here...
Defence-Addressed above. Defence comes from the Defence you buy from your Costume, plus anything from an equipped item.

Body, Focus and Strike can be increased naturally by levelling up, and by picking up Body, Focus, and Strike power-ups in-game, which raise the stat in question by 1.

WARNING: My TV is small. The font for the stats is difficult to read. I cannot guarantee the the stats are entirely accurate because of this.

And now, let us begin, with one of my favoured characters:

Spider-Man
(Deadpan)"That's right, I won. Fear me."

Level 44
Health:528
Energy: 355
Body: 58
Focus: 26
-Energy Regen: 39%
-Damage Bonus: 26%
Striking: 36

Costumes:
Classic
Defence: 3/10
Web Damage(3/10): +8% to damage done with Web powers.
Reflect Melee(3/10): 50% of melee damage dealt is reflected back at the attacker.

Symbiote
Critical Web: Increases chance for Critical Hits with Web attacks. Starter rank is 2%
Max Health: Increases max Health. Starter rank is 4%

Scarlet Spider
Web Damage-Adds damage to Web attacks. Starter rank is 5%
EXP: Grants a bonus to gained EXP: starter bonus is 4%

Stark Armour
Evade: Grants a chance to dodge attacks(no damage dealt). Starter is 5%
Striking: adds points to Striking, thus increasing melee damage. Starter is 3 points.

Melee Damage: Deals about 30-40 per hit with Light attacks. Fully Charged Heavy deals 40-50.

Throw: Spider-Man's hard throw deals no damage, but binds the target in webbing, leaving them completely helpless. They may be attacked whilst so bound. Only medium, non-boss targets may be grabbed, and thus thrown, and thus are a target for this.

Special: Spider-Man may swing on his webs by double-jumping and holding the jump button. It's not true Flight, in that he must keep moving forward, and it doesn't end unless you release the button or he's knocked down by enemy action. He can 'attack' whilst swinging by simply swinging into the enemy. Deals about the same as a light attack. Thus, enemies without a means to bring him down are basically, screwed.

Skill points avalible:33

Attack Skills:
Web Bullets: Fires a constant stream of web bullets for as long as you tap the assigned button. Fires two bullets when just pressed. Rank 2(Initial point): 12-14 Physical damage per bullet, 5 energy per bullet. Rank 10: 44-49 Physical Damage per bullet, 14 energy per bullet.

Web Snare: Fires webbing at a target, dealing damage and binding it in place for a time. Target CAN attack whilst bound, but cannot move or BE moved. Only Boss-class and Large enemies are immune to the binding effect. Rank 1: 13-15 damage, 5 second bind, 10 Energy. Rank 10: 68-75 damage, 16 second bind, 23 Energy.(The skill itself lists it as Energy per Second...it doesn't seem to work that way.)

Web Throw: Tags a normal sized non-boss enemy and swings them around for as long as the button is held, dealing listed damage to other targets whilst swinging them around you. Release the button to throw your captive away. Useless in DL because it deals no direct damage to the thrown, unless it hits another foe. Unless there are party battles...8 ranks. Rank 1: 13-15 Phys damage a second, 10 Energy per second. Rank 8: 37-41 damage per second, 18 Energy per Second.

Slingshot: Chargable attack. Damage in brackets is the charged damage. Lays webbing on the ground, and uses it to catapult into a target, knocking down the target if they are small enough. 5 ranks. Rank 1: 24-26(48-52) Phys damage, 18 energy. Rank 5: 41-45(82-90) Phys damage, 23 Energy

Web Warrior: Fires webbing at a target. If the target is Large or Boss, it simply deals the normal damage listed. If the target is 'normal', it captures it, unable to move or attack, and the attack is chargable. The damage is dealt once the enemy hits something(probably instantly given the DL.) The more it's charged, the further and faster the enemy is sent flying, in addition(Not that it matters in the DL.) 4 Ranks. Rank 1: 92-101(184-202) Phys damage, 18 energy. Rank 4: 153-169(306-339) Phys damage, 23 energy.

Boosts:

Web Shield: Creates a Web Shield around Spider-Man. The shield may block damage from any incoming atttack outright(lists as 'Dodge!'). Rank 1: 10% chance, 20 seconds, 32 Energy. Rank 10: 70% chance, 80 seconds, 92 energy.

Spidey Sense: Slows time by 50% for Spider-Man and any allies. 6 Ranks. Rank 1: 10 Seconds, 60 Energy. Rank 6: 16 Seconds, 92 Energy.

Extreme
Bungee Bash: Deals physical damage to all targets in range and binds them in webbing, similar to his Hard Throw. If a target cannot be bound in webbing(Large/Boss), the move ignores them, and thus fails. 306-338 damage.

Personal comments: Whilst he's all physical, he deals good damage in Web Warrior, and Web Shield is INSANE. Web Bullets is quite acceptable, also. Spidey Sense screws over speedsters and slowpokes alike. High Heavy to Godlike, simply due to Web Shield.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
Moving swiftly on...

Dr.Strange

Level 44
Health: 400
Energy: 542
Body: 25
Focus: 65
-Energy Regen: 98%
-Mental Damage: 65%
Strike: 30

Costumes

Classic
Magic Damage(3/10): 6% extra damage to all powers.
Max Energy(3/10): 8% extra Energy.
Defence(3/10)

Royal Seer
Health per Kill: Grants health for every kill made. Starter is +6 per kill.
Critical Strike: Raises critical chance. Starter is 2%.

Blue Mage
Magic Damage:Grants extra damage to all powers. Starter is 3%
XP: You earn more XP. Starter is 2%

Ultimate
Skill Increase: Grants a chance that powers will be used at 1 higher rank than normal. Starter is 5% chance.

Boost Stats: Grants a bonus to all stats. Starter is +2 to all.

Skill points avalible: 34

Skills

Mystic Bolts: Fires mystic bolts as long as you tap the assigned button. 1 press=2 bolts. Rank 2(Intial points): 12-14 damage per bolt, 5 energy(per tap?), Rank 10: 44-49 damage per bolt, 14 Energy.

Levitation: May levitate enemies and objects, and move them about.(Levitating objects is primarily for stunning opponents by throwing them into opponents.) Deals damage when grabbing and when throwing the opponent.

Rank 1: 13-15 Grab damage, 10-12 Throw damage, move Light objects, 21 Energy. Rank 10: 58-64 Grab Damage 15-17 Throw damage, may move Heavy objects, 51 Energy

Falteen Flame: A radial(centred on you) multi-target attack. Deals moderate damage and leeches life from those it hits. Rapidly tapping does small amounts of extra damage(and thus, leeching.) The skill lasts 2 seconds. You can fit in about....8 taps? 8 ranks avalible. Rank 1: 17-19 damage, 3% damage as Health, 17 energy. Rank 8: 60-67 damage, 13% damage as Health, 31 Energy.

Eldritch Aura: Summons a group of pixies(A small blob of light) that stays near Dr.Strange. Should an enemy get close(Given the DL, this'll be as soon as they're summoned), they'll rush off and 'attach' themselves to the enemy, and deal the listed damage every second or so. The damage CAN be fatal. When the duration expires, the pixies immediately disappear. 6 Ranks avalible. Rank 1:11-13 damage, 5 seconds, 64 energy. Rank 6: 34-38 damage, 16 seconds, 100 Energy

Black Magic: fires off a single bolt of energy, dealing heavy damage(it SAYS physical, but I've seen it trip Elemental resistance) and a nasty side-effect: the bolt has a chance to turn non-boss enemies into crates with goodies(Coins, health and energy power-ups, momentum-fillers); effectively an instant kill. 5 ranks avalible. Rank 1: 82-90 damage, 26% chance, 17 Energy, Rank 5:143-157 damage, 36% chance, 25 Energy.

Mind Wipe: Another Radial attack. This deals damage and acts like a Charm spell-it makes the enemies caught in it fight for you for a short time. They can't be attacked by you. Any effects or auras on the charmed ally will apply to you till the time expires, when they will break off. You are disallowed from casting buffs on them, though. 4 Ranks avalible. Rank 1: 34-38 Phys damage, 2 second charm, 25 energy. Rank 4: 54-60 Phys damage, 6 second charm.

Teleport
Use this skill to teleport around. If an ally is near you, they'll teleport with you. This Teleport causes damage to anything at the destination. Has only limited use in DL.
Rank 2(Initial Point): 266 Range, 14-16 damage, 6 energy. Rank 10: 471 Range, 58-64 damage, 16 Energy.

Boost
Eye of Agamotto:Cures all status effects and grants 2% Health Regen per second to the team for a time. Costs no energy, but always costs 10% of Dr.Strange's Max Health. Rank 1:20 seconds. Rank 10: 80 seconds.

Extreme
Mystic Maelstrom: Deals heavy damage, and has a chance to instant-kill slowed, stunned, and frozen enemies(non-boss, naturally...they're immune to such things) and turn them into Extreme pips.(They fill the momentum meter completely...)
182-201 Mental damage, 50% chance.

Personal comments: Solid. Life leech is potent enough, and Black Magic's damage is evil. Is quirky, but still good.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:56:45 PM »
Just managed to get all characters, so the secret ones are up next, starting with the Silver Surfer. This is a placeholder of sorts.

Hard Mode: Hard Mode adds 5 extra levels to all non-Extreme skills.

Turns out there is a maximum level of 30 for your Team Level.

Note: The Silver Surfer is odd, in that one of his skills, Molecular Mixup, cannot be maxed at this point in time. Out of the skill's maximum of 10 ranks(15 in Hard), he can get 6. For the record, it's next level comes at Level 47.

As it is, I've been listing skill ranks wrongly-I give the impression that all skills start out equal and can reach the same level. They don't. Some have less levels avalible to them-Web Warrior, for instance, has only about 6 levels. Given it's power, it's understandable. I'll be correcting this in the future.

Skill ranks cost skill points to get. And the number varies as the level of the skill gets higher. Levels 1-5 cost 1 point to get, 6-9 costs 2 points each, Rank 10-14 costs 3, and rank 15 costs 4. I'll be listing how many free points the character HAS to spread around to the skills(As it COULD be a factor in victory.) If I list a skill as having less than 10 ranks, assume higher levels. In I say something has 6 ranks, count Skill Point spending for that skill as though it were starting from Level 4.

On Jumping

All characters may double-jump. Some may have special qualities to their jumping-for instance, flight.

Silver Surfer.
Level 43

Health 297
Energy 364
Body 19
Strike 25
Focus 54
-Energy Regen: 81%
-Mental damage: 54%

Combat damage: Light attacks are 25-31, full power Heavy attacks are 30-40, Stomps are 45-50.

Heavy Throw:Blasts a target high into the air for two seconds. They then come back down to earth.

Special: The Silver Surfer may Fly by double-jumping. Like all flyers, he can launch light attacks at will from up there(Only useful against other flyers), as well as powers. The catch? Not only is your energy regen stopped whilst you are Flying, your powers cost double their normal amount.

Skill Points: 28

Skills

Cosmic Beam: A basic chargable beam that has the inherant ability to pierce through targets for a form of Multi-Target. Doesn't really apply in DL terms, though.
Rank 1:17-19(34-38) Energy damage, 7 Energy. Rank 10:139-157(278-308)Energy damage, 24 Energy.

Silver Dash: Surfer mounts his board and scoots around, damaging and knocking back anything he hits. The energy cost listed is for a single press of the button. Hold it, and that amount will be drained every time the move's sound occurs-every second or so. He'll stop scooting around if he hits a wall and can't turn away in time.
Rank 1: 11-13 Physical damage, 40 knockback, 7 Energy. Rank 10: 58-64 Physical damage, 274 Knockback, 17 energy.

Power Surge: Releases a mid-range radial burst(Probaly multi-target, by DL) that deals damage and automatically stuns vulnerable victims for 4 seconds. Has 8 ranks in Normal. Rank 1:17-19 Energy damage, 17 energy. Rank 8: 51-56 energy danage, 31 Energy.

Surfer's Rage: Sends a blast of energy to one target, dealing the 'initial damage'. With rapid button taps, the target and up to four others around the Surfer can be hit with the 'tap damage' with every tap. It's possible to get about 10 taps out. The skill has a fairly long targeting range. The Tap damage doesn't cost anything extra in energy. Has 5 ranks in Normal. Rank 1:48-53 initial Energy damage, 5 Energy damage per tap, 21 energy. Rank 5: 82-90 Initial Energy damage, 12 Energy damage per tap, 31 energy.

Molecular Mix-up: Fires off a Cosmic Beam that deals it's own direct damage(Based off the Cosmic Beam skill-varies between the normal and charged damage), and deals the listed damage as Physical Damage Over Time. You must be fairly close range for Molecular Mix-up to activate-if you're too far from the target, it's just a standard Cosmic Beam. Of course, in the DL, that's not a concern.

Has 10 ranks, of which 6 are avalible at this level.

Rank 1:92-101 damage, 19 Energy. Rank 6: 184-203 damage, 32 energy.

Boosts:

Heal: Immediately heals the Silver Surfer and nearby allies by a percentage of their max Health.(Nearby, in UA terms, is 'right next to'. In DL? Multi-Target, I feel.) It's done as a really fast Regen-it takes about a second, including animation. 6 Ranks. Rank 1: 50% of max health, 64 Energy. Rank 6: 67% of max health, 100 Energy.

Slow Time: 50% time slow for everything but the Surfer and his allies. 10 ranks. Rank 1: 10 seconds, 32 Energy. Rank 10: 22 seconds, 100 Energy.

Extreme
Galactic Might:Deals severe Energy Damage to all enemies on-screen. Deals extra damage to Slowed, Stunned, and Frozen targets. In addition, heals some Health and Mana to himself and all allies.
303-335 basic Energy Damage. 76 extra damage. 31% Health/Energy healing.

Costumes
Power Surge
Energy Regen(4/9): 3% extra energy regen.
Cosmic Mastery(4/9): 8% extra damage to all powers.
Defence(4/9)

Silver Age
Boost Stats:Boosts all stats. Starter is +4 to all.
XP:Boost XP gain. Starter is 2%.

Vitality
Power Damage: Increases damage of Powers. Starter is 3%.
Health per Kill: Heal x HP for every kill. Starter is 6.

Heavy Damage
Melee Damage: Improves Melee damage. Starter is 4%.
Critical Strike: Improves Crit chance. Starter is 2%.

Personal Comments: As the last of the secret characters you are likely to get, Silver Surfer has a duty to be impressive, and he IS, as I see it. Whilst reliance on a single 'element' is bad, he's very difficult to put down short of draining all his Mana.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
X-Box(NOT 360). If you feel like contributing for those characters that are on other systems, feel free.

Many characters can be called 'overpowered'. Just wait till I hit Mr.Fantastic...

Damage per second...If only I had a stopwatch. I'll worry about that after I get the skills down.

Black Panther
Level 43
Health 324
Energy 268
Body 28
Strike 52
Focus 18
-Energy Regen 27%
-Mental Damage 18%

Skill points free: 28

Combat skills

Panther Claw: A chargable claw slash. Rank 2(initial points): 27-30(55-61) damage, 10 energy. Rank 10: 139-154(278-308) damage, 28 energy.

Energy Daggers: Throws daggers which cause energy damage. At later levels, throws multiple daggers in a spread pattern.(Oddly enough, the game notes the spread even with one dagger-and thus no spread at all.) Multiple daggers can damage the same target. It's hard to tell, though-it's hard to get them to HIT the same target. Rank 1: 15-17 Energy damage, 1 dagger, 0 degree spread, 12 energy. Rank 10: 85-94 Energy damage, 3 daggers, 10 degree spread, 32 energy.

Razor Cyclone: Spins with daggers out(Press and hold the button to keep spinning), damaging nearby enemies. This attack may also inflict Bleed Damage, which is Physical Damage Over Time-over 2 seconds, to be precise. 8 Ranks.
Rank 1: 17-19 direct Phys damage, 10% chance of Bleed damage, 11-13% of damage as Bleed, 20 Energy. Rank 8: 54-60 direct phys damage, 33% chance of Bleed, 15-17% of damage as Bleed, 36 energy.

Crippling Blow: Single claw slash with a bonus to Crit chance. 5 Ranks. Rank 1: 82-90 damage, +10% Crit chance, 20 energy. Rank 5: 143-157 Phys damage, +27% chance of Crit, 29 energy.

Pounce: Charges at a target, slashing multiple times for 1 damage apiece, then dealing the main damage listed with a blow that sends nearby foes flying(and taking 1 damage). 4 Ranks. Rank 1:51-56 Phys daamge, 24 Energy. Rank 4:82-90 Phys damage, 32 energy.

Boosts

Stealth: Becomes invisible and undetectable to enemies. Enemies will, however, move to your last position. Only enemies attacked by you whilst in this state will attack back. Also, this skill reduces damage taken, and, if needed, boosts the damage of Criticals so that they will take 33% of the target's current life. Experimentation in Hard is needed to test this out completely-few enemies in Normal have staying power sufficient that this comes up. Maybe on bosses? Rank 1: -6% damage taken, 20 seconds, Energy. Rank 10: 80 seconds, -11% damage taken, 116 energy.

Master Hunter: Buffs the team to have increased Defence against projectile attacks, and reduces the damage they take. It also reveals enemies on the Minimap, but that's of little concern to the DL. 6 Ranks. Rank 1, +10 Defence, -4% damage taken, 40 seconds, 72 Energy. Rank 6: +55 Defence, -7% damage taken, 80 seconds, 116 Energy.

Extreme
Panther's Might-Attacks all enemies in range physically. These attacks have a 25% chance of instant-kill. This also improves the damage of other Extreme powers in the sequence, including itself.
51-56 Physical damage, +50% boost.

Costumes:

Comments: Well, he's fairly weakish, to my mind, though I may underestimate the edge Stealth gives. It could be treated as giving him perfect accuracy, which would make him dangerous with Crippling Blow. But he doesn't have the Mana.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:04:02 PM »
Daredevil.

Level 43

Health 327
Energy 259

Body:29
Strike:57
Focus:19
-Energy Regen 29%
-Mental Damage 19%

29 Skill Points.

Damage: Lights are 35-50, Heavy is about the same. Heavy Throw-just tosses the enemy, dealing about 75 damage.

Skills

Baton Smash: A chargable baton hit that can stun if fully charged. Rank 2(initial points):27-30(55-61) Phys damage, 2 second stun, 10 energy. Rank 10: 139-157(278-308) damage, 10 second stun, 28 Energy.

Baton Throw: Throws his baton at an enemy. If they are large or boss-class, the baton will pierce the target, dealing the basic damage twice-Once going in, once going out. If they are able to be bound, they will be. Charging once the target is bound does not increase damage, merely the throw distance.

Rank 1: 31-34 Physical damage, 11 Energy. Rank 10: 143-157 Physical damage, 29 Energy.

Extensive Strike: Throws his baton at the enemy, much like Baton Throw. This doesn't bind enemies, though-it merely goes through them to it's maximum distance, then returns. Thus, it can deal it's damage twice-once going through, once going back.

Rank 1: 48-53 Physical damage, 15 energy. Rank 8: 139-154 physical damage, 28 Energy.

Devastation: slides forward, then swings his batons around him, for a long-ranged attack that hits everything quite a distance around him, causing some knockback. In the DL it would attack all. Rank 1:20-23 Physical damage, 16 Energy. Rank 5:37-41 damage, 23 Energy.

Charge: Rushes forward, and smacks the opponent into the air. This can inflict it's damage twice: once during the rush, then when he smacks them into the air. Rank 1:44-49 physical damage, 22 Energy. Rank 4: 68-75 Physical Damage, 29 Energy.

Boosts

Blind Sight: Shows all enemies on the Minimap(Useless) and increases the damage dealt by Daredevil and any allies. If this is anything like Deadpool's Battle Cry, this applies to anything and everything that deals damage, though I'm uncertain, as the skill says 'physical damage'-it's not something I've had cause to check. Rank 1: 5% extra damage, 20 second duration, 32 energy. Rank 10: +10% extra damage, 80 second duration, 116 energy.

Hyper Sense: Another 'Slow Time' skill. Rank 1: 10 seconds, 72 energy. Rank 6: 16 seconds, 116 energy.

Xtreme: Devil's Onslaught. Think Devastation, but without the slide, longer range, and FAR more damage. 303-335 Physical damage.

Costumes:

Classic
Dodge(7/9): May dodge melee attacks outright. 12% chance.
Baton Damage(6/9): Increases damage of Baton skills(Basically, all powers). +11% to Baton damage.

Original
Baton Damage. As above. First rank is +3%
XP: Increases experience gain. +2% at start.

Armoured
Critical Strike: Increases odds for critical hits. +2% to start.
Max Energy: Increases your Energy stat. +4% to start.

Marvel Knight
Skill Boost:Chance to treat powers as 1 rank higher than they are when used. The specifics of this, I don't know-NO character of mine has this. 5% chance to start.
Melee Damage: Increases damage of your standard melee attacks. +4% to start.

Comments: Daredevil feels slightly weak to me. Pure physical(though that's less of a problem in-game, and hasn't the ability to take much damage. Slow Time and playing with them through that seem to be his best option. Devil's Onslaught is a major trump card.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
Ghost Rider

Level 43

Health: 393
Energy: 274

Body: 51
Focus: 24
Energy Regen: +36%
Damage Bonus: +24%
Strike: 28

Special: Ghost Rider is immune to fire damage.

Skills

27 Skill Points.

Ravaging Flame: A blast of flame directly on the targeted foe(Thus, an auto-hit). The move is chargeable: when fully charged, the target will ignite when struck, taking further burning damage over time. The burn damage takes roughly a second to play out.

Rank 2(Initial Rank): 27-30(55-61) Direct Fire damage, +17-20 burning damage, 9 Energy. Rank 10: 139-154(278-308) direct Fire damage, +65-72 burn damage, 23 energy.

Chain Flechette: A short-range(but very WIDE) frontal burst of chain pieces(It SAYS they cause Fire Damage, but they don't trip Elemental Resistance, so...), causing damage and knockback. Shooting an airborne target guarantees a Critical Hit. Rank 1:17-19 damage, 190 knockback, 11 energy. Rank 10:85-94 damage, 264 Knockback, 25 energy.

Fiendish Chains: Sends chains to bind an enemy. If they're too large to be bound, the chains will deal the listed damage. If they can be bound, the damage will be dealt when you throw them and they hit something, be it you, an enemy, or the ground. Charagable when they're boundases speed and distance of the throw. Rank 1:48-53 Phys damage, 13 energy. Rank 8: 139-154 Phys damage, 23 energy.

Chains of Retribution: Chargable mid-range radial attack. If fully charged, the move will knock enemies into the air. Rank 1: 31-34(62-68) Fire damage. 22 energy. Rank 5: 54-60(108-120) Fire damage, 30 Energy.

Damnation: Ghost Rider breathes a jet of flame at enemies inflicting burning damage to anything caught in it(Fire, naturally). Enemies affected by it go temporarily mad, running around wildly, unable to move or act as normal for some time as they burn. If they touch anyone else, they start burning(and going insane) too. I...cannot track how the damage WORKS-whether it's a set total that all the burned share(Once the total damage inflicted hits x, they calm down) or whether it's tracked seperately(Will deal x damage to all the burned.) Regardless...
Boss enemies are immune to this entirely.
Rank 1: 92-101 Fire damage, 18 energy. Rank 4:153-169 fire damage, 25 energy.

Boosts(Though in this case, they're debuffs...)

Fear: Inflicts a state of terror, similar to that caused by Damnation, in non-boss targets, causing them to run wildly and take more damage(If, of course, you can catch them-they move FAST when afflicted). Rank 1:+11% damage to terrified foes, 20 second duration, 32 energy. Rank 10: +36% damage to terrified foes, 80 second duration, 92 energy.

Penance Stare: Inflicts a debuff on all enemies in range. For a time, a portion of the damage dealt to the target will recharge Ghost Rider's energy. This applies to ANY damage, be it direct, poison-like, whatever.
Rank 1: 10% of inflicted damage, 40 second duration, 60 energy. Rank 6: 24% of inflicted damage, 80 seconds, 92 energy.

Xtreme: Vengeance. Drains life from all enemies onscreen. The total is spread evenly amongst all allies that are alive. Drains 106-117 health per enemy.

Costumes

Classic
Hellfire Damage: increases the damage of his Fire skills. Starts at 3%.
Melee Damage: Increases damage of his melee strikes. Starts at 4%.

Original
Chain damage: Increases the damage of his chain-based skills. Starts at 3%.
Resurrect Ally: Grants a chance to auto-raise a fallen ally.(Useless in one on one, but in TEAM...). Starts at 10%, max is 50%.

Vengeance
Hellfire Damage: Increase the damage of his Fire skills. Starts at 3%.
Max Health: Increases max health by a percentage. Starts at 5%.

Western
Chain Damage: Raises damage of Chain skills. Starts at 3%.
Energy per kill: With every kill the character gets, gain x Energy. Starts at 5 energy per kill.

Comments: Nasty status in Damnation...assuming you let it WORK here. Otherwise, the auto-hit of Ravaging Flame is very potent.

Bloodly

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »
Blade

Level 43
Health: 342
Energy: 274
Body: 34
Focus: 24
Energy Regen: +36%
Damage Bonus: +24%
Strike: 58

Attacks: Light-35-50, Heavy-roughly 70 max. The attack, being a shotgun blast, has more range than some. No width, though.

Throw: roughly 70 damage. Nothing special about it.

Skill points: 28

Skills

Slayer Slash: a chargable slash with Blade's katana. Only strikes a single target. Rank 2(minimum):27-30(55-61) Physical damage, 10 energy. Rank 10: 139-154(278-308) Physical damage, 28 Energy.

Gun Blast: Fires twin pistols at the enemy dealing Phys damage and some knockback. Though it's four shots, it only inflicts it's damage once, to one target. If the enemy is stunned, crit chance is raised by 50%. Rank 1: 17-19 damage, 12 Energy. Rank 10: 85-94 damage, 32 energy.

Glaive Strike: Throws a small glaive at opponents, doing physical damage. The glaive flies in a straight line and pierces through opponents. Rank 1: 27-30 damage, 17 energy. Rank 8: 82-90 damage, 31 energy.

Circle of Death: A chargable, radial katana strike-he spins out with it damaging everything in range. Charging increases damage of the slash, and increases the range from 3 feet to 6 feet. Rank 1: 20-23(40-46) Phys damage, 16 energy. Rank 5: 37-41(74-82) phys damage, 23 energy.

Spike of Destruction: Throws a (chargable)spike at the target, causing heavy Physical damage when it connects, and sticking in the target....only to explode a little later, causing MORE Physical damage in a radius around the target. Rank 1: 92-101(184-202) direct physical damage, 11-13 explosion phys damage, 5 foot radius, 22 energy. Rank 4:143-157(286-314) direct phys damage, 24-26 explosion phys damage, 6 foot radius, 29 energy.

Blood of the Warrior: Self-boost. Increases damage taken(Says from Physical, but who knows...), but grants temporary boosts to abilities, as well as 1% health regen per second for the duration. Rank 1: +5% damage taken, +21% speed(Movement+attack), +1 Striking, 20 second duration, 32 energy. Rank 10: +10% damage taken, +30% speed, +4 striking, 80 second duration, 116 energy.

Flash Bomb: Debuff. Throws a bomb to the ground. Anything caught in it gets stunned for a short time, and their damage is lowered for the duration. Rank 1: -4% physical damage, 4 second stun, 40 second duration, 72 energy. Rank 6: -7% Physical damage, 6 second stun, 80 second duration, 116 energy.

Xtreme: Blood Haze. Smothers the area with Radiation damage by throwing cans of 'serum' into the air and shooting them. Radiation is a VERY rare damage type in this game, and is thus nigh-unresistable. Deals 158-174 Radiation damage.

Costumes