Author Topic: Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords  (Read 1545 times)

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:55:31 AM »
I'm not sure what would constitute a boss in this game, so for now I'll just stick with the PCs.

As far as what skills to level up, that could vary from battle to battle depending on the opponent.

Also I wouldn't allow anyone monster spells, I'd just give them their class spells.

You can only bring six spells into battle.

This is largely unfinished, but I will get to it eventually. Except maybe the Druid, I hate the Druid. And the Fighter...

Druid
"The power of the Earth compels you!"
Level:
HP:
Max Green Mana:
Max Red Mana:
Max Yellow Mana:
Max Blue Mana:

Knight
"I completely outclass every other class in the game because the developers knew everyone would want to be me!"
Level:
HP:
Max Green Mana:
Max Red Mana:
Max Yellow Mana:
Max Blue Mana:
Three Skull Damage:
Spells:
Thrust - Destroys a selected gem, gaining it's full effect. Most damage that can be done is equal to how much damage he can do by destroying a +5 skull surrounded mostly by +5 skulls. In reality the best he could hope for would be a +5 skull with another skull near it.
Divine Right - Gain all experience stars on the board. Useless in duel unless combined with Favor.
Challenge - Adds +50% to damage done to both players for six turns. Doesn't cost a turn to use if he has 15+ Yellow Mana.
Stun - Does 5 points of damage to enemy and costs them a turn. Plus an additional +1 damage for every 8 red mana. The costing your enemy a turn lets him chain these together until he runs out of mana, and still gives him an extra turn after that.
Trample - Does damage equal to half your Green Mana to enemy. 1 point minimum.
Favor - Gives a 50% chance to add +1 Life Points for each experience point received. Lasts for 8 turns, plus an additional turn for every 6 of your Yellow Mana.
Courage - Removes all status effects on you. Doesn't cost a turn if he has 10 or more Blue Mana.
Promotion - Turns all gems of the selected type into Purple Stars. Any type can be selected, including Skulls or Gold.
Charge - Destroys a selected row of gems and gains their effect, plus does 5 damage to enemy.
Vigil - Adds +3 to all of your Mana Reserves whenever you match 4 or 5 gems. Lasts 8 turns, plus an additional turn for every 5 Blue Mana.
Knight Lord - Doubles the number of Purple Stars in play. After gems are transformed, the turn ends.
Sword of Sirian - Does damage equal to your Yellow Mana. Drops your Yellow Mana to zero.
Chivalry - Raises all Mana Reserves to full on both players. Removes all status effects on both players.
Paladin's Aura - Adds +2 to all Mana reserves at the start of each turn. Lasts 8 turns, plus an additional turn for every 5 Yellow Mana.

Comments: Godlike. Promotion -> Knight Lord -> Favor -> Divine Right = Great healing, even if it costs four turns. The four turn healing becomes reasonable with Stun to stop his opponent, and Chivalry to give him the needed mana. That's another thing, assuming the opponent isn't from a game like Jeanne D'Arc where they start out with less than full MP, Knight will want to use Chivalry as soon as he can and max his own Mana reserves. From there, he can use his inherently high Battle skill to crush the opponent with skull chains, spam Stun, heal, whatever. Another good spell would be Courage if he wanted to remove status without wasting a turn. Paladin's Aura could be somewhat useful. Finally, Sword of Sirian could be a damn scary, possibly OHKOish strike if his skill points are allocated mostly into Earth Mastery. In the end however, he'll probably just want Chivalry and Stun, it creates such an unfair combo that the only way to beat him is to kill him before he can Stun you.

And already I'm bored, more later.