Register

Author Topic: Jeanne D'Arc - History books always fail to mention the orcs and lizardmen.  (Read 6191 times)

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
I doubt anyone will be getting to this anytime soon, so I figure I'll get to it now that I'm at my first real boss fight... well I mean the objective of the fight is to escape, but this is still the first enemy leader who has a name and a non-generic face so I'm calling him a boss. >_>

I assume skill stones to work the same as Materia, in that I wouldn't allow them unless the character comes equipped with it.

HP: Health Points. Lose these and you ded
MP: Magic/Mana Points. Used for skills. Start out with zero and gain ~25% (there doesn't seem to be a set percentage, just always close to 25%) each turn. The first turn does count, so every unit starts out their first turn of the battle with ~25% MP really. So in other words if they go second, they have to wait for the opponent to finish their attack before they get their ~25% MP. This really only matters in cases where the enemy goes first and wants to drain their MP.
Attack: Higher means your physical attacks do more damage. Put against enemy defense.
Defense: Higher means physical attacks dealt to you do less damage. Put against enemy attack.
Accuracy: Higher means better chance of hitting. Put against enemy evade.
Walk Mov.: How far you can move in a turn.
Magic Atk.: See Attack, but for magic. Put against enemy Magic Def.
Magic Def.: See Defense, but for magic. Put against enemy Magic Def.
Evade: Higher means better chance of not being hit by attacks. Put against enemy accuracy.
Critical: Percentage chance of critical attack I think?

*PC Stats Post*

(These are unfinished and mostly just notes and reminders for me for the time being)

Jeanne

Liane

Roger

Jean
Luna Spirit +1
Evade +5

Bertrand
Stella Spirit +1
Attack +3

Marcel
"What do you mean "cheap"?!

Colet
Gold Shakedown (I think he starts with this, right?)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 05:09:26 AM by RadLink5 »

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Boss Stats

Talbot 1
"What do you think I want? The armlet off your wrist of course."
Lv.11
Sword
Male
No Affinity
HP: 180
MP: 70
Attack: 100
Defense: 57
Accuracy: 130
Walk Mov.: 5
Magic Atk.: 50
Magic Def.: 40
Evade: 74
Critical: 1

Equipment:
Warrior's Blade (No effect from what I can tell, so if anyone breaks this his attack stat will remain the same)
Leather Armor (Defense +13 Evade -1)
Buckler (Defense +2 Evade +5)

Physical: ~65 damage

Skill Stones:
Flash Strike - MP 28, CMD, REV (~90 damage)

PC Stats (5 units allowed):
Average Level: 11.6; Average HP: 94.8; Average Attack: 77; Average Defense: 60; Average Accuracy: 146.2; Average Evade: 45.4; Average Physical: ~24 damage; Average Coup de Grace: ~43 damage: Transformed Jeanne Physical: ~42 damage; Transformed Jeanne Flash of White: ~63 damage

Comments: For a boss you're supposed to escape from, he's pretty disappointing. Granted you have to pass by him to escape so I guess they couldn't make him too strong, but still. His HP is actually kind of sad for the game's first real boss, and he's going down in no more than two turns. That's not taking Jeanne's transformation damage into account of course, which rapes his durability to hell. His damage is good at least, being a high 2HKO and near OHKO, but he'd die against a Heavy before he got his second turn anyway. On second thought, he'd crush most of Middle, so Low Heavy it is. His durability issue is all that's standing in the way of being a decent heavy.

No, I've got no idea what the CMD and REV mean, anyone have any idea?

Talbot 2
"... Got you now."
Lv.13
Sword
Male
No Affinity
HP: 185
MP: 80
Attack: 105
Defense: 59
Accuracy: 135
Walk Mov.: 5
Magic Atk.: 60
Magic Def.: 42
Evade: 79
Critical: 1

Equipment:
Warrior's Blade (No effect from what I can tell, so if anyone breaks this his attack stat will remain the same)
Leather Armor (Defense +13 Evade -1)
Buckler (Defense +2 Evade +5)

Physical: ~35 damage

Skill Stones:
Flash Strike - MP 28, CMD, REV (~61 damage)
Crescent Arc - MP 34, CMD, target range horizontal 3-block line in front of Talbot (~55 damage)

PC Stats (5 units allowed, and Gilles shows up in armlet form later):
Average Level: 13; Average HP: 101.2; Average Attack: 83; Average Defense: 63.6; Average Accuracy: 147.4; Average Evade: 55; Average Physical: ~24.667~ damage; Average Coup de Grace: ~27.25 damage: Transformed Jeanne Physical: ~48 damage; Transformed Jeanne Flash of White: ~76 damage; Transformed Gilles Physical: ~35 damage; Average Hit Rate: 90.7%

Comments: Something seems awfully inconsistent about these stats. In any case, he trades his near OHKO and terrible durability for a solid 2HKO and very solid durability. You'd think getting a free transformed Gilles for the battle would wreck his durability, but it really ends up not hurting him too badly for one reason or another. I could see him as a Heavy, albeit a losing one probably.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:25:06 AM by RadLink5 »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
I assume skill stones to work the same as Materia, in that I wouldn't allow them unless the character comes equipped with it.
Skill stones are semi-unique. The magic and stat boost ones are universal, but the red attack ones and ability stones are unique to the character's weapon. There are only about 2-3 characters at any given time who use the same type of weapon. Also some character's weapons are unique. I can see some people allowing them and some not, so you might want to include damages for the weapon skills.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Whoa, someone else who's played the game.

I don't know exactly how unique the weapons are to each person since so far I'm not very far in and I've got four sword people and know there is at least one other spear person to match my spearman. I'll wait until I've got everyone to pass judgment. I do remember hearing some Rose character is the only whip-user in the game, so I suppose she may as well have full access to all whip skill stones.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
There's a point where you have to choose one of two locations and you get a different character depending on which path you take. I picked the path that gives you Rose so I can give you her stats if you don't want to play through the game twice.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Sure, post her whenever you get the chance.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
I've also been powering through this game with the intention of making a stat topic (also, it's great fun!).

If you only give characters their starting skills, then only about 3 characters will have any skills at all.

The way the game's skill system works:

4 types of Skillstones:
Red - 'Coup de Grace' Abilities. These are the usable skills, normally melee abilities. *The characters' weapon-type determines which Red skillstones they can equip, so all Red Skillstones are unique to a class, I'd allow characters access to any of these, especially because no character can equip more than 6 skillstones. Period. They're going to want all their options.

Purple - Passive-effect Abilities. These do things like Counter, exchanging defense for attack power, etc. *These are also unique for a character's weapon-type - I'd allow them.

Green - Spell/Magic abilities. These are all elemental spells and healing spells. *Anyone can use these, but only mages care about them. Luckily, both mages in the game start with some of these, so it should be legal. If you allow these, some of the fighters may want Healing spells.

Blue - Stat altering abilities. Most of these are literally HP+50 or Ice resistance or something like that. This is also where HP regeneration, and Turn-multiplying abilities fall. *Anyone can use these skills and a lot of them can only be obtained from difficult item creation. If you allow them, keep in mind that characters only have six slots and that only one of each 'type' of Blue skillstone can be equipped. e.g. you can equip HP+50 and MP+30, but not HP+50 and HP+10 or two HP+50s.

There are no generics, but by the end of the game you'll have 14 playable characters: Four sword-users, two spears, two bows, three axes, a knife, and a staff(mage), along with a choice between an extra staff(mage) and a whip user.

Here's a FAQ with all of the skillstones (and a walkthrough, equip list, and how to calculate damage, AND lvl99 stats for all characters.) The only thing left to do is collect endgame-level stats and damage values.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/934454/50626

-Djinn

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
It's going to take me a while to get endgame stats because I started playing Afternoon of Darkness and Soul Nomad and can't find any time for it now...

Anyway I suppose allowing a character access to all their skills works fine, I just figured that was a little more liberal than the typical DL view.

Pyro

As far as skilstones go...

Some Red attack skills should be allowed, they are class-specific and help to give a better representation of class balance. The highet end ones however should not be considered due to being a pain to actually get. Certainly the storebought attack skills should be allowed, and Purple passive skills are generally easy enough to make/get so they are reasonable (Desperation I-III, for example). Makes the cast slightly more interesting and more representative of in-game performance. Blue skillstones and universal magic should not be considered.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 07:42:55 AM by Cryo »

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Talbot 2 added, would someone mind telling me if those stats look suspicious to them too? They look too different from his first form's stats.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Claire's starting equips - since she's a splitpath PC, I figured this might be useful.

Claire de Loon
Lvl 33

Stella Spirit+2
Thunderbolt
Cyclone
Thunderbolt II

Mage's Staff
Leather Clothing

And Rose, too, while I'm at it.

Rose
Lvl 34

Gold Snatcher
Skill Snatcher

Snakeskin Lash
Leather Clothing

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:27:47 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Here's Rose's endgame stats. The level might be a little high because I did most of the sidequests. Damage was tested against the level 54 orcs found in the Chapel in the Woods aftergame. They are a bit higher leveled than most enemies at endgame, but they have lower defense. The damage might be a little high.

Rose lvl 56
HP: 235
MP: 230 (gains 50 per turn)
Att: 280
Def: 218
Acc:279
Mag Att: 235
Mag Defense: 175
Evade: 222
Crit: 18
Weapon: Hammer Whip
Armor: Dragon Leathers

Equip options:
She can sacrifice 3 Att, 10 Def and 20 evade to equip the Torture's Lash which boosts her crit by 20. She can also equip the Robe of Light which gives up 3 Def, but gives her 15 Mag Def.

Damages
Damages are taken from all sides and are presented as front/side/back
Physical Attack: 112/123/134
Red skills
Gold Snatcher 15 mp: 56/62/67 (steals gold near to the amount the enemy would normally drop)
Skill Snatcher 31mp: 28/31/34 (steals a skill that the enemy would normally drop and adds it to the inventory, the enemies skill list remains unchanged)
Stun Whip 33mp: 112/123/134 (Has a chance to stun the enemy, but I couldn't get it to hit.)
Wild Whip: 105 mp:  Hits ten spots on a
               X
             XXX
           XXRXX
             XXX
               X
grid surrounding Rose, similar to Rafa and Malak's magic for 76 damage each hit. It can hit the spot that Rose is standing on, but she takes no damage. It just counts as a wasted hit. It can hit the same spot more than once.
Jezebel's Slave 31 mp: Causes the enemy to target Rose for 1 turn.
Jezebel's Slave II 54mp: Causes the enemy to target Rose for 3 turns.
Purple Skills
Slip through: Rose can go pass through enemies.
Healing Perfume: Restore's 10% of the party's hp (including Rose) each turn.
Other: Like all characters, Rose can counter attack for damage equal to a face to face attack. Rose's whip gives her the ability to strike at range. However, unlike the spear users who can just strike from an extra space away, she can also strike diagonally   

At first I thought Rose would be terrible, but her evade, Healing Perfume and counters really help her. She's probably a high light or a low middle, but she's rather nasty in a team match.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:06:07 AM by dude789 »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Jeanne's base endgame stats so I don't forget. Level 55 seems like a pretty obvious endgame level to take. I'll add equip options and damage numbers once I finish getting all the characters' base stats.

Jeanne
Lvl 55

HP 294
MP 182 (starts a match with 25% MP)
Attack 234
Defense 181
Magic Atk 229
Magic Def 171
Accuracy 250
Evade 127
Move 5
Critical 5

Liane (Cuisses)
Lvl 55
HP 227
MP 246
ATK 237
DEF 179
MATK 287
MDEF 228
ACC 271
EVA 148
MOV 5
CRIT 8

Gilles
Lvl 55
HP 302
MP 179
ATK 246
DEF 189
MATK 230
MDEF 176
ACC 250
EVA 133
MOV 5
CRIT 3

La Hire
Lvl 55
HP 481
MP 118
ATK 267
DEF 227
MATK 172
MDEF 171
ACC 223
EVA 106
MOV 4
CRIT 12

Jean
Lvl 55
HP 290
MP 163
ATK 248
DEF 184
MATK 174
MDEF 171
ACC 293
EVA 149
MOV 5
CRIT 5

Colet
Lvl 55
HP 293
MP 167
ATK 240
DEF 181
MATK 175
MDEF 171
ACC 292
EVA 212
MOV 6
CRIT 20

Marcel
Lvl 55
HP 293
MP 166
ATK 258
DEF 180
MATK 174
MDEF 171
ACC 255
EVA 116
MOV 4
CRIT 6

Bartolomeo
Lvl 55
HP 514
MP 166
ATK 291
DEF 227
MATK 171
MDEF 169
ACC 219
EVA 104
MOV 4
CRIT 10

Richard
Lvl 55
HP 229
MP 290
ATK 233
DEF 180
MATK 294
MDEF 293
ACC 204
EVA 85
MOV 5
CRIT 2

Claire
Lvl 55
HP 225
MP 344
ATK 231
DEF 179
MATK 293
MDEF 292
ACC 193
EVA 90
MOV 5
CRIT 2

A secondary Light Armor that's found in shops:
Sage's Frock  - Defense +22, Magic Def +20, MP +10

The MP boost may be extremely helpful to some of the light armor-wearers.
Light Armor class: Marcel, Colet, Claire, Richard, Beatrix, Rose
Heavy and Light Armor class: everyone else

Also note that Rose may have some plot claim to the Black Bustier (Def+30), which only she, Beatrix, and Jeanne can wear and is found on Rose's first stage, when Jeanne isn't in the party.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:12:51 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Pyro

At the request of Djinn...

Rufus:
HP: 600
ATK: 303
DEF: 233
ACC: 231
MP: 208
MATK: 170
MDEF: 117
EVA: 138
CRIT: 15

Beatrix:
MP: 218
ATK: 238
DEF: 179
ACC: 271
MATK: 234
MDEF: 288
EVA: 116
CRIT: 8

Bertrand
HP: 361
MP: 105
ATK: 275
DEF: 211
ACC: 229
MATK: 174
MDEF: 167
EVA: 111
CRIT: 2

Roger
HP: 347
MP: 164
ATK: 245
DEF: 194
ACC: 245
MATK: 174
MDEF: 171
EVA: 111
CRIT: 5

Storebought/unique equipment. I'm assuming that the Raillemont store is fully upgraded and legal (requires doing the free stage there twice.)

Sword:
Dragon Blade: Atk+48

Spear:
Knight's Lance: Atk+47, Evd+8

Axe:
Blistering Helve: Atk +62

Bow:
Angel Bow: Atk+45, Acc+10 (Not technically storebought, but there are two available and only two archers)

Dagger:
Assassin's Knife: Atk+30, Acc+10, Crit+50 (Not storebought, but unique to Colet)

Staff:
Sage's Staff: Atk+25, Acc+5, MAtk+10

Whip:
Hammer Whip: Atk+40, Def+10, Eva+20 (Not storebought, but unique to Rose)

Heavy Armor:
Saint's Armor: Def+35, Mdef+30, Eva-2
Mithril Mail: Def+42, MDef+10 (if they want to take the Mdef hit)

Shield:
Tower Shield: Def+25, Eva+20

Light Armor:
Sage's Frock: Def+22, Mdef+20, MP+10
Dragon Leather: Def+26

And a few enemy defenses at endgame:
I'd use 245 for average enemy physical defense, myself. High, but the endgame spike kind of justifies it.

Mdef:
270 (final boss)
I'd use 215 for the average.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:47:03 AM by Cryo »

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Here I will list starting equips at Djinn's request. May just add this to the main post later.

For the hell of it, I'll list starting level too and what level everyone else is at about the time I get them.

Jeanne:
Level 1
Party Average Level: N/A
Chevalier's Sword (Attack +2)
Light Clothing (Defense +1)

Comments: No skillstones and really really bad equips.

Liane
Level 1
Party Average Level: N/A
Stick (Attack +1)

Comments: No skillstones, the worst equipment possible.

Roger
Level 3
Party Average Level: 2.5
Stick (Attack +1)

Comments: As bad as Liane.

Jean
Level 5
Party Average Level: 4.67
Soldier's Lance (Attack +2)
Leather Clothing (Defense +6)

Luna Spirit +1
Evade +5

Comments: Well, the leather clothing helps somewhat...

Bertrand
Level 5
Party Average Level: 4.67
Steel Sword (Attack +3)

Stella Spirit +1
Attack +3

Comments: Again, leather clothing...

Marcel
Level ?
Shortbow (Attack +7)

Colet
Dagger (Attack +3, Critical +40)

Gilles
Level 12
Party Average Level: 12.86
Soldier's Lance (Attack +2)

Accuracy + 5

Rufus
Level 13
Iron Axe (Attack +5)

Luna Spirit +1

La Hire
Level 13
Iron Axe (Attack +5)

Sol Spirit +1
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:21:32 AM by RadLink5 »

Pyro

Re: Jeanne D'Arc - History books always fail to mention the orcs and lizardmen.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 06:54:27 AM »
-Stats
HP: Standard lose-em-and-die stat.
MP: MP is used in the consumption of special attacks and skills. JDA PCs start a fight with 0MP and regenerate 1/4th of their maximum (up to 50) at the beginning of the round.
Atk: How hard you hit stuff
Defense: Reduces physical damage. Subtraction based. Next to each character I've listed how much they reduce or increase incoming damage by. +4% means they add 4% PCHP to an attack targeting them. -10% means they shave off 10%, etc...
Accuracy: How good a character is at hitting things. Its subtraction based, and average enemy evade is about 150 or so. I've listed the accuracy against average enemy evade next to each PC next to this stat. Conveniently enough, the average PC accuracy is 250.
M Defense: Reduces magic damage. Listed the same way as physical damage.
Evade: How good a PC is at avoiding enemy attacks. Subtraction based. Average enemy accuracy is about 215, but I've listed evade numbers assuming an accuracy of 236, which hits average 100% of the time. The minimum chance to hit in this game is 5%
Crit: A PC's critical hit rate. Critical hits are a paltry 1.25x damage, so these don't matter very much, to say the least.
Effective Physical Durability: How durable a  PC is to physical attacks that deal 40% PCHP damage, accounting for both HP and defense. Higher is better.
Effective Magical Durability: How durable a PC is to magical attacks that deal 40% PCHP damage, accounting for both HP and defense. Higher is better.

-Status effects. There are two. Poison damages the victim for 10% of their max HP at the beginning of their turn, and can not kill. Paralysis forces the victim to skip their next turn, and does not null evasion.

-Not including default equips beyond Claire's and Richard's magic. So the triangle of Fire > Thunder > Ice > Fire doesn't even have to be explained. Check out Rad's list for starting equips if you want to.

-I will list equipment stats here for convenience.
DL equips
Sword: Dragon Blade: Attack +48
Spear: Knight's Lance: Attack+47, Evade+8
Axe: Blistering Helve: Attack +62
Bow: Angel Bow: Attack+45, Accuracy+10
Dagger: Assassin's Knife: Attack+30, Accuracy+10, Crit+50
Stave: Sage's Staff: Attack+25, Accuracy+5, Magic Atk+10
Whip: Hammer Whip: Atk+40, Def+10, Eva+20
Heavy Armor:
Mithril Mail: Defense+42, MDef+10
Saint's Armor: Def+35, Mdef+30, Eva-2
Shield: Tower Shield: Def+25, Eva+20
Light Armor:
Sage's Frock: Def +22, Mdef +20, MP +10
Dragon Leather: Def+26

-Armlets: 5 PCs have what are referred to as Armlets. These PCs have an extra stat: SP. SP starts at 0 and increases by 1 at the beginning of each turn including the first. Armlet's have Gems in them that allow the user to, for the price of SP, transform into a new form for a set number of turns. Transforming fully heals the user's HP, alters various stats, and does not take a turn. They do not effect status resistance/immunity in any way. These transformations add 2 skills to the character. The first is Godspeed, which enables the user to act again if they score a kill (DL-useless unless they fight some auto-lifer). The second is a gem-specific attack skill that I have listed. The damage I listed factors in any relevant stat boosts from the transformation. Armlet users do not gain SP while transformed. Once a gem has been used, it can not be used again for that battle even if the user meets the SP requirement again. Losing a transformation does not effect HP, but it will be reduced to the normal maximum if the user was above that upon losing it. A quick sample of the transformation system:

Jeanne turn 1: 1 SP
Jeanne turn 2: 2 SP
Jeanne turn 3: 3 SP <- Transform into a 2 turn transformation, attack.
Jeanne turn 4: Attack while transformed. Does not gain SP for the round.
Jeanne turn 5: Untransforms at the beginning of the round. Does not gain SP for the round.
Jeanne turn 6: 1 SP...

-All JDA characters excepting archers counter melee attacks with their own basic physical. Almost all enemies do this as well.

-I was fairly lenient in allowing class skills to the cast. It reflects in-game balance better, and makes the cast more interesting than the standard FEer. You might be uncomfortable with stuff like Counter for swordsman, but its being listed.

Well then, onto the PCs:

Jeanne:
Dragon Blade
Saint's Armor
Tower Shield

HP: 294
MP: 0/182 (+46)
Atk: 282
Def: 241 (-3.1%)
Acc: 250 ( 100%)
Mdef: 201 ( +6.2%)
Eva: 145 (9%)
Crit: 5
Effective pdurability: 97%
Effective Mdurability: 78%

Counter: 30% chance to cancel enemy attack if the enemy makes an attack that can be countered.
Androit: Always turn to face an attacking enemy. Reduces melee damage and accuracy by 10% if you assume enemies attack from the side. Useless otherwise.

Physical: 37
Follow Me! II (30MP): Attack+20 for two turns (counting one its used on). Affects 8 adjacent allies
Jugulaire (55MP): Auto-critical attacks.
Blood Sword (30MP): 37 physical damage. Heals half damage dealt.
Flash Strike (28MP): 65 physical damage.
Triple Slash (51MP): 93 physical damage. (75% accuracy, 70 average)
Crescent Arc (34MP): 39 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects three spaces in front of user.
Spirit Sword (52MP): 49 phsyical damage. Affects surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.
Tempest Sword (75MP): 59 physical damage. Affects 4 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.

Armlet: Creator's Armlet
Gem of Light:  3 SP – 2 turns
HP +40, MP +20, ATK +25, Def – 25, Acc + 10, Matk + 10, Mdef -25
Visiting Goddess (50MP): 185 physical damage (75% accuracy)

Gem of Life: 5 SP – 1 turn
HP +30, MP +5, Atk + 30, Def – 30, Matk + 20, Mdef -35
Loving Goddess (82MP): 254 physical damage

Gem of Sacrifice: 5 SP – 1 turn
HP +30, MP +5, Atk + 20, Def -10, Mdef -20
Grieving Goddess (110MP): 268 physical damage.

Gem of Guidance: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +20, MP +20, Def – 30, Acc + 20, Matk + 10, Mdef -40, Eva + 20
Ordained End (45MP): 59 physical damage to surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.

Gem of Miracles:  6 SP -1 turn
HP +100, MP +30, Atk +40, Def -20, Acc +15, Matk +25, Mdef -20, Eva +10
Divine Intervention (90MP): 89 physical damage to surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.

Comments: The signature character is surprisingly poor in a duel. While her damage output may be pushing gamebest, that only happens if she lives for 4-5 turns, which is far from a sure thing given her poor durability to magic. Low Middle works, provided you give her Counter. Might be Light otherwise. If she lives 3 turns she can transform and lay on some hurtin, provided her accuracy penalty on Visting Goddess doesn't sink her.

Roger:
Dragon Blade
Saint's Armor
Tower Shield

HP: 347
MP: 0/164 (+41)
Atk: 293
Def: 254 (-7.1%)
Acc: 245 (95%)
Mdef: 201 (+6.2%)
Eva: 129 (-7%)
Effective pdurability: 129%
Effective Mdurability: 92%

Counter: 30% chance to cancel enemy attack if the enemy makes an attack that can be countered.
Androit: Always turn to face an attacking enemy. Reduces melee damage by 10% if you assume enemies attack from the side.

Physical: 48
Follow Me! II (30MP): Attack+20 for two turns (counting one its used on). Affects 8 adjacent allies
Blood Sword (30MP): 48 physical damage. Heals half damage dealt.
Flash Strike (28MP): 77 physical damage.
Triple Slash (51MP): 107 physical damage. (71% accuracy, 75 average)
Crescent Arc (34MP): 44 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects three spaces in front of user.
Spirit Sword (52MP): 54 phsyical damage. Affects surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.
Tempest Sword (75MP): 64 physical damage. Affects 4 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.

Armlet: Usurper's Armlet
Gem of Blood: 3 SP – 2 turns
HP +30, MP +20, Atk +20, Def +5, Matk +10, Mdef -15, Eva +2, Crit +10
Bloodletting (48MP): 131 physical damage. Absorbs HP equal to damage dealt.

Gem of Portent: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +20, MP +40, Def -25, Matk +30, Eva +27
Incubus (79MP): 165 physical damage. Absorbs HP equal to damage dealt

Comments: Decent enough physical fighter who can wreck some stuff come turn 3, and has the physical durability to live that long. Hopes he doesn't fight an above average speed mage, but Middle should work.

Cuisses:
Dragon Blade
Saint's Armor
Tower Shield

HP: 227
MP: 0/246 (+50)
Atk: 285
Def: 239 (-2.5%)
Acc: 271 (121%)
Mdef: 258(-11.2%)
Eva: 166 (30%)
Crit: 8
Effective pdurability: 74%
Effective Mdurability: 96%

Androit: Always turn to face an attacking enemy. Reduces melee damage by 10% if you assume enemies attack from the side.

Physical: 40
Blood Sword (30MP): 40 physical damage. Heals half damage dealt.
Flash Strike (28MP): 69 physical damage.
Triple Slash (51MP): 97 physical damage. (94% accuracy)
Crescent Arc (34MP): 40 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects three spaces in front of user.
Spirit Sword (52MP): 50 phsyical damage. Affects surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.
Tempest Sword (75MP): 60 physical damage. Affects 4 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.

Armlet: Paragon's Armlet
Gem of Argent: 3 SP - 2 turns
HP +30, MP +10, Atk +20, Def -15, Acc +5, Matk +5, Mdef -15, Eva +2
Flash of White (42MP): 121 physical damage

Gem of Gules: 4 SP - 2 turns
HP +30, Atk +30, Def -5, Matk +15, Mdef -20, Eva +2
Scarlet Soil (70MP): 196 physical damage.

Gem of Azure: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +40, Atk +15, Acc+15, Mdef -20, Eva+12
Blue Delerium (96MP): 205 physical damage.

Comments: Well, Cuises lives and dies by whether he can reach his turn 3 transformation, which is pretty good. The evade and Mdef certainly help in this, but the HP most certainly does not. A low Middle? Still, its a frog who kills people by swinging a sword it holds in its mouth. Come on. How can you NOT hype that?

Jean:
Knight's Lance
Saint's Armor

HP: 290
MP: 0/163 (+41)
Atk: 295
Def: 219 (+3.6%)
Acc: 293 (143%)
Mdef: 201 (+6.2%)
Eva: 155 (19%)
Effective pdurability: 81%
Effective Mdurability: 77%

Piercing Power III: Damage is increased to 120%

Physical: 60 physical damage.
Impale! (35MP): 48 physical damage. Affects 7 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.
Take Flight! (60MP): 60. 5 physical damage. Ranged. Ignores evade
Sweep! (55MP): 60 physical damage. Effects group of enemies in front of user. Ignores evade.
Leg strike (45MP): 15 physical damage. 75% chance of paralysis.
Ravage! (82MP): 72 physical damage. Affects all surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.

Comments: Scrubby fighter with bad durability. Light.

Bertrand:
Dragon Blade
Saint's Armor
Tower Shield

HP: 361
MP: 0/105 (+26)
Atk: 323
Def: 271 (-12.3%)
Acc: 229 (79%)
Mdef: 197 (+7.4%)
Eva: 129 (-7%)
Crit: 2
Effective pdurability: 159%
Effective Mdurability: 93%

Physical: 78 physical damage (61 average)
Blood Sword (30MP): 78 physical damage. Heals half damage dealt.
Flash Strike (28MP): 110 physical damage. (87 average)
Triple Slash (51MP): 143 physical damage. (56% accuracy. 79 average)
Crescent Arc (34MP): 59 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects three spaces in front of user.
Spirit Sword (52MP): 69 phsyical damage. Affects surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.
Tempest Sword (75MP): 79 physical damage. Affects 4 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.

Comments: Mmph. Decent damage and very solid physical durability make for a decent slugger? Still kind of scrubby, and the accuracy + inability to spam Flash Strike hurts. Probably a low Middle.

Marcel:
Angel Bow
Sage's Frock

HP: 293
MP: 0/176 (+44)
Atk: 303
MAtk: 174
Def: 202 (+8.7%)
Acc: 265 (115%)
Mdef: 191 (+9.2%)
Eva: 116 (-20%)
Crit: 6
Effective pdurability: 73%
Effective Mdurability: 73%

Physical: 58
Sniper (21MP): 46 physical damage. Ignores evade.
Sniper II (53MP): 52 physical damage. Ignores evade
Sniper III (78MP): 58 physical damage. Ignores evade.
Poison Arrow (32MP): 58 physical damage. 25% chance to poison
Stun Arrow (52MP): 58 physical damage. 75% chance to paralyze.
Recovery Shot (32MP): Heals 84 HP to one.
Meteor Bolt (56MP): 119 physical damage.
Sky Dart (70MP): 58 physical damage. Infinite range.
Toxic Arrow (74MP): 52 physical damage. 75% chance to poison

Comments: He might be able to pull some nastiness with physical + Stun Shot + Meteor Bolt, but being 2HKOd by average damage of both kinds hurts. Light.

Colet:
Assasin's Knife
Sage's Frock

HP: 293
MP: 0/177 (+44)
Atk: 177
Def: 203 (+8.4%)
Acc: 302 (152%)
Mdef: 191 (+9.2%)
Eva: 212 ( 76%)
Crit: 70 (I'll put average damages in parenthesis)
Effective pdurability: 74%
Effective Mdurability: 73%

Physical: 25 (29) physical damage
Shadow Sitch (20MP): 13 (15) physical damage. 75% chance for paralysis.
Venom Edge (25MP): 25 (29 physical damage). 50% chance to poison
Two Hits (42MP): Attacks twice. Each hit checks evade independently. Triggers one counter only. 50 (59. Physical damage.
Three Hits (71MP): Attacks 3 times. 75 (88) physical damage.
Four Hits (115MP): Attacks 4 times.  100 (118) physical damage.
Strange Dance (29MP): Enemies in the area suffer -10 atk for three turns.
Bomb (60MP): 43 (50) physical damage .  Affects surrounding area. Ignores evade.
Aero Dagger (38MP): 25 (29) physical damage. Ranged. Ignores evade (?)
Provoke (35MP): MAKES THE ENEMIES TARGET COLET FOR ONE TURN. Godlike.

Comments: Well, his evade is quite excellent, and his damage isn't that horrible. The problem? Magic rips him apart. Hard. Light.

Gilles:
Knight's Lance
Saint's Armor

HP: 302
MP: 0/179 (+45)
Atk: 293
Def: 224 (+2%)
Acc: 250 (100%)
Mdef: 206 (+4.6%)
Eva: 139 (3%)
Crit: 3
Effective pdurability: 88%
Effective Mdurability: 82%

Piercing Power III: Damage is increased to 120%

Physical: 58 physical damage.
Impale! (35MP): 47 physical damage. Affects 7 spaces in front of user. Ignores evade.
Take Flight! (60MP): 59 ranged physical damage. Ignores evade.
Sweep! (55MP): 59 physical damage. Effects group of enemies in front of user. Ignores evade.
Leg strike (45MP): 14 physical damage. 75% chance of paralysis.
Ravage! (82MP): 71 physical damage. Affects all surrounding enemies. Ignores evade.

Armlet: Hellequin's Armlet
Gem of Mistrals: 3 SP – 2 turns
HP +30, MP +20, Atk +20, Def -10, Matk +5, Mdef -15, Eva +12
Deific Talons (40MP): 83 ranged physical damage. Ignores evade.

Gem of Levin: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +40, Atk +30, Acc +10, Mdef -20, Eva +2, Crit +20
Lightning Beast (60MP): 101 ranged physical damage. Ignores evade.

Gem of the Welkin: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +50, MP +30, Atk +25, Def +5, Matk +20, Mdef -10, Eva +2
Celestial Drake (85MP): 110 ranged physical damage, ignores evade.

Comments: Another Armlet user. He is pretty scrubby on damage pre-transformation, and the transformations aren't all that owning. The bad durability does not help his case at all. Light of some flavor.

Rufus:
Blistering Helve
Saint's Armor

HP: 600
MP: 0/208 (+50)
ATK: 365
DEF: 268 ( -11.4%)
ACC: 231 (81%)
MDEF: 147 (+22.6%)
EVA: 136 (0)
CRIT: 15
Effective pdurability: 255%
Effective Mdurability: 117%

Desperation 3: Normal physical damage is increased to 130% (not on techs or counterattacks). Rufus' defense is considered to be 188 when he receives a counterattack. Will likely not want this set as default, but its there.

Physical:  120 physical damage (156 with Desperation 3). <169/219>
Wood Chop (22MP): 144 physical damage. (104% accuracy) <203>
Dire Swing (49MP): 241 physical damage on a critical hit. (58% accuracy) <302>
Helm Splitter (62MP): 156 physical damage. Target loses 20% def for three turns counting the turn this is used on. Works on bosses. Damages post this attack are in brackets. (104% accuracy) <220>
Mighty Roar (45MP): 50% chance of inflicting paralysis. Affects 3 targets directly in front of user. Ignores evade.
Compass (52MP): 60 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects squares surrounding user. <85>

Comments: Rufus is a beast. Damage and HP that push twice the average, good defense... pity about his accuracy and magic defense. Fortunately the HP still more than makes up for the Mdef, and the accuracy can be offset at worst with Wood Chop's/Helm Splitter's accuracy boost. Dire Swing, if it connects, is going to obliterate something very painfully. Helm Splitter's boost is cool, but probably not that useful in practice. Desperation 3 is an option, but not a default one. A decent physical Heavy.

La Hire:
Blistering Helve
Saint's Armor

HP: 481
MP: 0/118 (+29)
ATK: 329
DEF: 262 (-9.5%)
ACC: 223 (73%)
MDEF: 201(+6.2%)
EVA: 104 (-32%)
CRIT: 12
Effective pdurability: 193%
Effective Mdurability: 127%

Desperation 3: Normal physical damage is increased to 130% (not on techs or counterattacks). La Hire's defense is considered to be 183 when he receives a counterattack. Will likely not want this set as default, but its there.

Physical:  84 physical damage (109 with Desperation 3). <133/173>
Wood Chop (22MP): 101 physical damage. (95% accuracy, 96 average ) <160>
Dire Swing (49MP): 187 physical damage on a critical hit. (51% accuracy, 95 average) <248>
Helm Splitter (62MP): 109 physical damage. Target loses 20% def. Damages post this attack are in brackets. (95% accuracy, ) <172>
Mighty Roar (45MP): 50% chance of inflicting paralysis. Affects 3 targets directly in front of user. Ignores evade.
Compass (52MP): 42 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects squares surrounding user. <67>

Comments: Rufus minus, really. The durability is awesome, but the damage difference hurts, as does the worse accuracy. A Middle of some flavor.

Bartolomeo:
Blistering Helve
Saint's Armor

HP: 514
MP: 0/166 (+42)
ATK: 353
DEF: 262 (-9.5%)
ACC: 219 (69%)
MDEF: 199 (6.8%)
EVA: 102 ( -34%)
CRIT: 10
Effective pdurability: 206%
Effective Mdurability: 134%

Desperation 3: Normal physical damage is increased to 130% (not on techs or counterattacks). Bartolomeo's defense is considered to be 183 when he receives a counterattack. Will likely not want this set as default, but its there.

Physical:  108 physical damage (140 without Desperation 3). <157/204>
Wood Chop (22MP): 130 physical damage. (91% accuracy, 118 average) <189>
Dire Swing (49MP): 223 physical damage on a critical hit. (47% accuracy) <248>
Helm Splitter (62MP): 140 physical damage. Target loses 20% def. Damages post this attack are in brackets. (91% accuracy, 127 average) <204>
Compass (52MP): 54 physical damage. Ignores evade. Affects squares surrounding user. <67>

Comments: A different take on the above. Good durability, good damage. But the accuracy is pretty painful. High Middle probably works. That durability really is awesome.

Rose:
Hammer Whip
Sage's Frock

HP: 232
MP: 0/237 (+50)
Atk: 277
Def: 211 (+6%)
Acc: 276 (126%)
Mdef: 192 (+8.9%)
Eva: 219 (83%)
Crit: 18
Effective pdurability: 61%
Effective Mdurability: 58%

Healing Perfume. Rose's team regens 10% HP at the beginning of each round.

Physical: 32 physical damage
Stun Whip (33MP): 32 physical damage. 25% chance for paralysis.
Wild Whip (105MP): 36 damage. Strikes 12 squares around Rose randomly 10 times. Average damage is actually less than her physical.
Jezebel's Slave (31MP): MAKES ENEMIES ATTACK ROSE FOR ONE TURN. Godlike.
Jezebel's Slave II (54MP): MAKES ENEMIES TARGET ROSE FOR 3 TURNS. Godliker.

Comments: Well, Rose is pretty good at walling evadable physical fighters. Pity about her... uhh... total lack of damage and durability. Magic and ITE owns her soul. Light.

Richard:
Sage's Staff
Sage's Frock

HP: 229
MP: 0/300 (+50)
ATK: 258
DEF: 202 (+5.7%)
ACC: 214 (64%)
MATK: 304
MDEF: 313 (-28%)
EVA: 85 (-51%)
Effective pdurability: 57%
Effective Mdurability: 232%

Mindbreaker: Basic physicals and counters deal damage to opponents MP as well as HP.

Physical: 13 physical damage.

Fireball (36MP): 70 fire magic damage.
Lightning (132MP): 110 non-elemental magic damage.
Mind Eater (5MP):  65 MP damage. Restores the amount done to Claire's MP, but no more than the enemy lost (doing 50 to an enemy with 20 only restores 20)

Armlet: Theologian's Armlet
Gem of Reckoning: 3 SP – 3 turns
HP+30, MP +30, Atk +20, Def +11, Matk +20, Mdef +20, Eva +10
Day of Judgement (40MP): 105 non-elemental magic damage.

Gem of Retribution: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +50, MP +20, Atk +30, Def +19, Acc +10, Eva +20
Hour of Death (61MP): 105 non-elemental magic damage.

Gem of Eternity: 4 SP – 2 turns
HP +20, MP +50, Def +14, Matk +40, Mdef +30, Eva +10
Intemporal Light (88MP): 135 non-elemental magic damage.

Comments: His game is to see turn 3. Being overkilled by 2 average physicals does not help his case. Light. Can own some mages though with that Mdef.

Beatrix:
Angel Bow
Sage's Frock

MP: 0/228 (+50)
Atk: 283
MAtk: 234
Def: 201 (+9%)
Acc: 281 (131%)
Mdef: 308 (-26.4%)
Eva: 116 (-20%)
Crit: 8
Effective pdurability: 58%
Effective Mdurability: 211%

Physical: 38
Sniper (21MP): 30 physical damage. Ignores evade.
Sniper II (53MP): 34 physical damage. Ignores evade
Sniper III (78MP): 38 physical damage. Ignores evade.
Poison Arrow (32MP): 38 physical damage. X% chance to poison
Stun Arrow (52MP): 38 physical damage. X% chance to paralyze.
Recovery Shot (32MP): Heals 93 HP to one.
Meteor Bolt (56MP): 95 physical damage.
Sky Dart (70MP): 38 physical damage. Infinite range.
Toxic Arrow (74MP): 34 physical damage. X% chance to poison

Comments: Awesome Mdurability! Pity about having Richard's Pdurability. And no transformation, either. Light. HYPE the alliteration, though. It slays Zophar's and Myria's with its random awesome.

Claire
Sage's Staff
Sage's Frock

HP: 225
MP: 0/354 (+50)
ATK: 256
DEF: 201 (+9%)
ACC: 203 (53%)
MATK: 303
MDEF: 312 (-27.7%)
EVA: 90 (-46%)
Effective pdurability: 56%
Effective Mdurability: 222%

Mindbreaker: Basic physicals and counters deal damage to opponents MP as well as HP.

Physical: 11 physical damage.

Thunderbolt ( 36MP): 69 lightning magic damage.
Thunderbolt II ( 65MP): 89 lightning magic damage.
Lightning (132MP): 109 non-elemental magic damage.
Mind Eater (5MP):  64 MP damage. Restores the amount done to Claire's MP, but no more than the enemy lost (doing 50 to an enemy with 20 only restores 20)

Comments: Hi Richard clone without transformations. Light.

Averages:

HP: 328
Rufus: 600
Bartolomeo: 514
La Hire: 481
Bertrand: 361
Roger: 347
Gilles: 302
Jeanne: 294
Colet: 293
Marcel: 293
Jean: 290
Beatrix: 235
Rose: 232
Richard: 229
Cuises: 227
Claire: 225

Defense: 231
Bertrand: 271
Rufus: 268
La Hire: 262
Bartolomeo: 262
Roger: 254
Jeanne: 241
Cuises: 239
Gilles: 224
Jean: 219
Rose: 211
Colet: 203
Marcel: 202
Richard: 202
Claire: 201
Beatrix: 201

Mdef: 221
Richard: 313
Claire: 312
Beatrix: 308
Cuises: 258
Gilles: 206
Jeanne: 201
La Hire: 201
Jean: 201
Roger: 201
Bartolomeo: 199
Bertrand: 197
Rose: 192
Colet: 191
Marcel: 191
Rufus: 147

Eva: 136 (if for some silly reason you care, average enemy accuracy is about 215)
Rose: 219
Colet: 212
Cuises: 166
Jean: 155
Jeanne: 145
Gilles: 139
Rufus: 136
Bertrand: 129
Roger: 129
Beatrix: 116
Marcel: 116
La Hire: 104
Bartolomeo: 102
Claire: 90
Richard: 85

Some comments on damage. I'm using everyone's best spammable, reliable attacks. If its particularly innacurate I factor in accuracy. For the archers I averaged a physical and Meteor Shot. Transformations shouldn't affect this much, since the ones with good moves on them are turn 4 at the earliest, unless they have a nasty accuracy penalty on them (glares at Jeanne).  Theres also the issue that most of the armlet users can be taken out embarrassingly easily before they transform. If someone cares enough I can construct a three turn average when I'm not feeling lazy.
Damage:  78
Rufus: 144 Wood Chop
Bartolomeo: 118 Wood Chop
La Hire: 96 Wood Chop
Marcel: 89 (average of physical+Meteor Shot)
Bertrand: 87 Flash Strike
Roger: 77 Flash Strike
Richard: 70 Fireball
Claire: 69 Thunderbolt
Cuises: 69 Flash Strike
Beatrix: 67 (average of physical + Meteor Shot)
Jeanne: 65 Flash Strike
Jean: 60 Physical
Colet: 59 Two Hits
Gilles: 58 physical
Rose: 32 physical
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:28:59 AM by Cryo »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
So, a few notes here, some minor, some not.

First and foremost, I propose the I edit the first post to reflect the actual PC topic.

Secondly, I would strongly, strongly argue to considering HP Plus skills, unique or not. They are most accessible skills, and felt completely like a requirement for everyone in game due to their in game potency. The only issue I would waffle between would be HP + 100 or HP +150 (I had the equivalent of about 15 HP+100 in game, and it kind of destroy most other skills in use and ease of obtaining).

Roger should probably have a slight level penalty (3 or so sounds about right).

Richard has heal. If you assume that for mages starting spells should be levelled up, he gets Heal 2 and Fire 2.

Playing with enemy evade a little. 150 works as a mean, but there might be some enemy types who do nasty things to low accuracy that I might consider those more a bit (Since they are balanced in the averages by horde of enemies who might as well just have 0 evasion. Too often after uses copious Acc fruits there were enemies that Visiting Goddess still had a chancy hit rate against).
...into the nightfall.