imageRegister

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 409439 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)
« Reply #1950 on: December 08, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
Which system are you thinking of play WotL on?  If it is mobile or something with patches it is fine, but the PSP version has some serious slowdown on anything with particle effects (so spells, sword arts, anything like that).  Makes it a real slog to get through.

The retranslation doesn't really add much nuance to the story or anything and is quite flowery prose.  I personally don't think it is an issue with I think but some long time fans are grated by it.  If you are just going to be bashing on the Next button during plot sequences, just Youtube the cutscenes and skip it.

If you are replaying, want a differnet experience and don't care so much to watch the plot again, base + LFT is the superior experience in my incredibly biased opinion just because it makes discussing the game a bit easier.  LFT + complete is nice if you want to shake up the game a bit and enjoy the translation names (check out the Wiki list of Oracle spells for peak WotL translation) then Complete is a nice change.

If you have only played a little bit of FFT and don't really want a push in difficulty, then WotL is okay to jump to.   Just note that WotL used the Japanese version as it's  base and a few JP costs are different and Jobs unlock at higher Job Level  than in the US release, so it is a bit slower.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:41:02 PM by Grefter »
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 09, 2016, 04:37:35 AM »
To add, unfortunately, there is no LFT patch for the PSP version. Just the WotL translation on PS1 vanilla thanks to FFT Complete.

You're asking a very biased crowd here (a lot of the people in this community come from Gamefaqs FFTSB), but the opinion is pretty solidly vanilla translation over WotL.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Celdia

• Retro White Mage Extraordinaire
  • New User
  • Heals or Holy? I'm good for both.
    • View Profile
    • Celdia on Twitch.tv
« Reply #1952 on: December 14, 2016, 05:19:36 AM »
Laggy are you a wizard who consults magic beings for assistance in your dark rituals?

Asking for a friend.

What, you need some magic in your life? ;)

zssz

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 11, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
excuse me, where could I find the latest updated from this Laggy reply?

9/30/2014 update:
- Added in a cutscene text skip hack. If you hold down X (cancel) button during cutscenes, it will scroll through the text rapidly, faster than normal means (and won't require you to keep hitting a button to get through dialogue boxes). Yes, this works with  l i t t l e  m o n e y.
- Removed forced cooldown on animations when using Math Skill.
- Updated Heal's in-game description to note which statuses it does not cure (thanks NEB.)
- Updated cameos.

on the official front page it was Last Patch Update: 08/13/2013

or there is newer updated than 9/30/2014 ?

ps. could you include some function like L2+square to fast combat and L1+square for back the speed to normal like some other mod out there?
it makes some fight while using ai instead easier

ps2. thank you for your hard work I played through to about chap 2 and it is very amaing balancing like others mod out there could not compare >w< I really love your mod, and thanks again >w<

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 11, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »
The front page has the most updated ppf. I was just too lazy to change the Last Patch Update date.

I'm not sure what function you're referring to (I assume you don't mean an actual emulator frameskip); could you provide a link to said example? Glad you're enjoying the mod regardless, thanks for taking the time to post on here.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

zssz

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 11, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
The front page has the most updated ppf. I was just too lazy to change the Last Patch Update date.

I'm not sure what function you're referring to (I assume you don't mean an actual emulator frameskip); could you provide a link to said example? Glad you're enjoying the mod regardless, thanks for taking the time to post on here.

not sure if I'm correct the update ppf was only LFT but not include LFT+complate right?

the function that have in was this mod in FFhactic
FFT KO 2.6 latest updated version his mod quite amazing to but for me it's too hard with the debuff rate and global avoidance rate is too low to avoid the hit TTwTT

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8658.msg218290#msg218290

thanks Laggy

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 11, 2017, 05:03:05 PM »
It includes both. I update all versions for stuff like that. The only one that isn't on the front page is the PSP-specific one in this thread from last month.

I'll see how much work it is to implement that skip function.

zssz

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: January 12, 2017, 03:21:46 AM »
It includes both. I update all versions for stuff like that. The only one that isn't on the front page is the PSP-specific one in this thread from last month.

I'll see how much work it is to implement that skip function.

did you mean from this reply? the NORSMlimit ppf? for psp?
Ask and ye shall receive. (Actually, it's because Celdia is a magical fairy and is fuckin' awesome.)

http://www.rpgdl.com/LFT/LFT_NoRSMLimit.ppf

If you want to get a PSP eBoot uploaded with this after confirming that it works I would be very grateful.

I tried to patch with it on iso EU on psp and run ppsspp emu and it said the file currupted and can not open did I do something wrong? for the version psp?

*ps. thank you >w<

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:43:48 AM by zssz »

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 13, 2017, 01:55:55 AM »
Might be a problem with the iso you used or the emulator? I don't own a psp so unfortunately I can't help too much there, but the other folks who were trying to get it working in this thread confirmed that the ppf worked for them. I think it was done as an eboot.

TigerKnee

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 13, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »
I think this is the Frameskipping ASM hack he's referring to.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=953.msg208161#msg208161

Creator says she thinks its buggy, but I think it worked on the PSP without crashing when I tried to use it on some other mod. Don't know about conflicts.

Also I got the impression he's trying to patch War of the Lions instead of the PSX version.

Reorax

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 22, 2017, 01:30:33 AM »
Ask and ye shall receive. (Actually, it's because Celdia is a magical fairy and is fuckin' awesome.)

If you want to get a PSP eBoot uploaded with this after confirming that it works I would be very grateful.

A bit of a necropost here, but by any chance do you have a version that combines this with FFT Complete? I was really hoping to play that on my PSP, but hit the freezing bug on equipping abilities, and stumbled upon this fix.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 23, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »

A bit of a necropost here, but by any chance do you have a version that combines this with FFT Complete? I was really hoping to play that on my PSP, but hit the freezing bug on equipping abilities, and stumbled upon this fix.

I can probably get that arranged. Give me a day or two since I'll need to dig up old tools to apply it.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/LFT/LFT+Complete_NoRSMLimit.ppf

Disclaimer: I have not tested this at all as I recently had to wipe my laptop and lack any of my old files or even an emulator, and I kind of had to manually hex out the ASM edit by hand, which could have easily introduced some manual error. I doublechecked once but yeah, let me know if it works.

Reorax

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 30, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »
Awesome, works like a charm! Really enjoying the mod so far. Thanks a ton!

renegadeofunk

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 13, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »
Really fantastic mod, I'm loving it. The only issue I've had is that Cloud gets killed in his sidequest battle before I'm able to move lol. I'm only level ~55, do I just need to be higher for more speed (I'm already using flash hats and such)? Thanks!

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: March 14, 2018, 12:48:43 AM »
It's definitely not a level issue (the game should be beatable without grinding levels whatsoever). I haven't played that map in ages and I don't remember him being that vulnerable to being blitzed (is it consistently happening every time?)

If you keep having trouble, try a Ninja with a Thief Hat, or Ramza in Ubersquire with Excalibur (+Thief Hat, Sprint Shoes) and move in to draw fire. Those are the fastest obvious setups you should have access to.

renegadeofunk

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 14, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »
He has a Feather Mantle but a high brave mime and the monk can one shot him (and the other mime 2 shot). I got through the first round but then he gets KO'd on the next one. The thieves come to me but the mimes and monk don't seem to want to go for anyone but him.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:56:07 AM by renegadeofunk »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 14, 2018, 02:56:49 AM »
Or the advice I always do here from classic Roof of Riovanes.

Give the AI a softer target than Cloud.   Take someone in with less armor and use them as bait.

It is bad advice, but it is funny and works kinda.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 14, 2018, 08:26:46 PM »
Grefter's idea is valid. A few other suggestions:

- I can't remember if Cloud's AI is set to retreat intelligently or not there, but if it is, giving him a turn from Cheer Up (Ramza's Guts) or Quick (Time Magic) could get him out of dodge.
- Status the most problematic unit out next to him ASAP (Talk Skill, Yin Yang). The Monks and Mimes shouldn't have any particular resistance to status. Casting Blind is unironically good because it will double Cloud's evasion from Feather Mantle, and has longer range than most status spells.
- If Protect would ward off the OHKO on Cloud, you could try setting that up on him before he gets attacked. Kiyomori from Draw Out works as an instant option. This strategy will require you to keep him healed up in general though, favoring all-out keeping him alive.
- If getting in range is an issue in general, consider Teleport, or just high move setups (Ninja, Move+2, Germinas, Brigandine, etc.)

Zyerne

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 25, 2018, 11:02:07 PM »
Does LFT level scale story battles? The documentation didn't make it clear with just mentioning smoothing out the difficulty and improving bosses, but have read in 2 other places LFT does have level scaling and a third saying it didn't, so I've no clue atm.

I did try myself and brought a level 10 to Dorter with enemies still being 2-3 but it's an early fight so couldn't be sure.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: April 26, 2018, 12:13:01 AM »
Most story battles still have fixed levels. In general, LFT level-scales exactly the same things that vanilla did, with rare exceptions.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

rangerfantasma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: April 29, 2018, 05:12:51 PM »
Guys,
is there any change at the rare battles probability and formation?

Thanks!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: April 29, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »
All the iconic rare battles still exist, and their probability/unlock point should be the same to my knowledge. There are new ones at Bervenia Volcano and Zeklaus Desert but I don't know which fights were removed to make room for them.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

rangerfantasma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: April 29, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »
I see. Thanks!
I think I've found a big. I have an female oracle that usually has Move MP UP. When I exchanged it for Teleport, she still recovers MP by moving (like Teleport 2 on calculators).

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: April 30, 2018, 02:29:21 AM »
Some of the skills you didn’t see much use or are class defining are baked into the class they unlock from.   Oracles have Move-MP Up innately.  It both lets those skills see some use and makes Oracle specifically an interesting carrier class for an MP intensive secondary.

Press the tool tip button on one of the screens (class change I think?) and it will tell you what is innate.   Knights have Defense Up for example and is why they have been such a pain.