Register

Author Topic: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)  (Read 409453 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Re: LFT: An FFT mod (The final release is a lie. Download here!)
« Reply #1875 on: March 13, 2012, 05:53:07 AM »
Uh that's pretty ridiculously awesome and uplifting to hear. Thanks for taking the time to register just to post, that means all kinds of appreciation to me!

Feel free to ramble on whatever you want on impressions of the mod, although I've mostly stalled further development (mainly because it is a finished product) I always love to hear it. Quick survey plug about how you find the thing too, if you don't mind.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

NinjaWeazel

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 08, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
Just grabbed the LFT+Complete patch, figure I'll start fresh from scratch with a new game.  Possibly dig around and see about starting up a LP of it myself, if I have the time.  As always, big ups to you guys for putting this patch out.  It remains my favorite.

Zartemis

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 29, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »
Alright, alright. I'll bite. It's a slow morning. I am a streamer on a (I'd like to think) at least slightly popular site called Do You Like Vidya Games. I started up a run of LFT a while ago, power supply died, and well, so did the run. New computer. New memory. Started again, on stream of course, naming members after stream viewers, letting them pick classes and such, and I guess what I'm asking is, is there anything I could do to help out? I'm enjoying the mod brutally spanking my lacking attention span and memory at times, so I'd like to give back. I have the recordings from the streams, so I could put those up on Youtube, I could alert for streams or...something. I'd like to help, in any way possible, if you guys would like something done.

I have noted, y'know, the bit where you guys are mostly done modifying it, which, while a bit sad for me (I love seeing things change and grow, especially in the video games department), is completely understandable. An end to all things and such. Still, I figured I'd put the offer out, and let you guys know me, and quite a few other people appreciate your hard work, and are having fun thanks to it.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:08 AM »
Why don't you upload the streams to youtube and give us a shout when the streams run? We always have a blast watching others play LFT and also like giving feedback. If you want to talk to us about the hack and nerdery in general, we also have an IRC channel where you can annoy us (handy link on the how to here).

Also, welcome!
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Hoxir

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 21, 2012, 02:56:34 AM »
It seems that this thread is quiet a lot! So, here I come with more suggetions. :D

I'm not sure (just erased my save without the intention and just have to play it all from the beginning, but I'm not complaining; I love this hack), but can the special units do the propositions? If not, could they do it? Already have seen this on other patchs and I think it's a nice addition!

The possibility to change the name of a human unit, and not only monsters, is a cool thing too. Nice to see it here (never used before).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:55:24 AM by Hoxir »

Hoxir

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 11, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »
Is this topic abandoned? :(

I had and ideia that can be cool, I think... is there a way to exchange the real course of things? Like having access to DD after beating Altima, what makes much more sense. This way the game could be... infinite, too, but I don't know if I'm asking for too much.

Chaoshawkins

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: December 10, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
I also would like some after game content, and some new classes would be nice if possible. like onion knight or dark knight. maybe some other final fantasy characters if possible. just throwing out some neat ideas, obviously might not be possible but if any of it is, that would be awesome,

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: December 13, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
The topic is not quite abandoned, but barring major bug fixes, LFT development is more or less completed. We're still mostly handling discussion in IRC (drop by irc.lunarnet.org #rpgdl if you want real-time inquiries).

Re: Onion Knight and Dark Knight, while it is theoretically possible to add new classes to the game with the current available editing tools, it's not quite the same thing as adding them wholesale from the PSP version.
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: December 15, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »
At this point my only wishlist for LFT is pretty much for someone to port of it what is possible to port (the non-ASM parts, essentially; class/ability changes, ENTD, etc.) to the PSP version of FFT so I can have a version of LFT playable on-the-go, even if it's a little inferior to the PSX version.

(Because, sadly, the PSX version won't run on hardware or on the PSP's PSX emulation layer.)

Evil Spilit

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 30, 2013, 01:03:05 AM »
So long story short, I lurked around here for a while, picked up another hack, finished it, picked up this hack and loved it. I got to Chapter 4 and was making steady progress, then put it down for a little bit.

Then I hit Adramelk, who is not even remotely fair. Not only is he designed where he MUST be killed in a single turn, but it seems like it's assumed that you go in with Haste and Reraise and that you spent the previous battle kiting around, Yelling, and regenerating everyone to full. And then he has Critical Quick so I have to nail the HP perfectly, when I don't know the HP total? That's not fun. After banging my head on the battle for hours, I still don't even know his HP total.

What do I have to do? Make my entire team Undead (and would that even work to nullify his damage)? Force Dycedarg to walk up to my team before killing him? Yell for an hour like in the old Vanilla Wiegraf battle? As it is I'm pretty much forced to have the following spells go off in this order to have a chance:

Life Drain
Lich
Lightning Stab
Life Drain
Titan

I'd hate to put the hack down because of this battle. It's been great so far and I really want to see the rest of it.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 30, 2013, 01:36:16 AM »
Is Night Sword the problem? If so, you can provoke him to turn your entire party undead if you don't do loads of damage before his first turn.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 30, 2013, 04:45:35 AM »
Yeah, the battle is designed such that you're *supposed* to let him hit your entire team with the infinite range infinite AoE undead spell.  There's other ways to win if you use a really overpowered party, but that's how normal parties are supposed to open against him.

Evil Spilit

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 30, 2013, 01:11:49 PM »
Ahh, that makes sense. I had been using a Reraise strategy so I basically did everything I could to NOT get hit by that attack. Thanks for the advice.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:49 PM »
He's also vulnerable to Don't Move, which is the obscure status strategy to shut him out if you really don't want to deal with that fight.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 01, 2013, 01:39:46 AM »
He's also vulnerable to Don't Move, which is the obscure status strategy to shut him out if you really don't want to deal with that fight.

Laggy strats, your immediate thought should be to Zombie your entire team.  Alternately stop the enemy doing something if you really want.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: August 14, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »
surprise, update
both vanilla and WotL versions updated

Game Changes
- Random encounters now only occur when you deliberately select to move to the map location with the random encounter (i.e. you will never get random encounters while transitioning over a spot). The direction of your approach still matters for which encounters you can get.
- The game now defaults to Continue instead of New Game when loading.
- Forced slowdown on Math Skill has been removed.
- Starting generics now have preset Br and Fa values. Squires have 70/60, Chemists have 70/70. They also start at JLV2 for their respective jobs. You can rename them at the Soldier Office if you wish.

Balance Changes
- Reverted nerf on Magic AttackUP (back to 33% instead of 25%).
- Reraise CT raised from 3 to 6.
- Haste 2's vertical tolerance lowered from 3 to 1.
- Slow 2's vertical tolerance lowered from 3 to 1.
- Cheer Up's range increased back from 1 to 3; now has 5 CT cast time.
- Ultima's multiplier raised from 13 to 15.
- Lightning Stab's range decreased from 3 to 2.
- Swapped Bull Demon's and Minitaurus' Monster Skill abilities (Mimic Titan and Earth Slash).
- Changed Bull Demon's MA growth from 7 to 35.
- Sunken State's JP cost lowered from 900 to 400.
- Dragon Spirit's JP cost raised from 300 to 400.
- Weapon Guard's JP cost lowered from 250 to 200.

Encounters
- Adramelk's Move/Jump lowered from 5/4 to 3/3.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 14, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
Continue!! Ommmmgg yay
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 14, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: August 14, 2013, 07:30:13 PM »
Judging by the change log, A: Laggy hates me and B: THERE IS STILL NO DARK KNIGHT RAD

(Yay LFT work)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: August 15, 2013, 05:17:59 AM »
Added versions of the patch with in-game music disabled.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:31 AM »
:O  you are going to force me to stream my badness.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: August 17, 2013, 03:42:42 AM »
VITALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE (uploaded already)

- Cursed Ring now immunes crystallization instead of Invite status.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: August 17, 2013, 04:44:10 PM »
Game Changes
- Random encounters now only occur when you deliberately select to move to the map location with the random encounter (i.e. you will never get random encounters while transitioning over a spot). The direction of your approach still matters for which encounters you can get.
- The game now defaults to Continue instead of New Game when loading.
- Forced slowdown on Math Skill has been removed.

Awesome

- Starting generics now have preset Br and Fa values. Squires have 70/60, Chemists have 70/70. They also start at JLV2 for their respective jobs. You can rename them at the Soldier Office if you wish.

Aww...so you can no longer get a random 74/74? :(

Still though, this will save time at the recruitment office, so it's probably a good idea.

Balance Changes
- Reverted nerf on Magic AttackUP (back to 33% instead of 25%).

o_O

It's like the only support skill that benefits several skillsets like Draw Out and Mathskill that probably don't need a leg up

- Reraise CT raised from 3 to 6.

Ok sure, makes it harder to do obnoxious reraise loops

- Haste 2's vertical tolerance lowered from 3 to 1.
- Slow 2's vertical tolerance lowered from 3 to 1.

Doesn't hurt Haste 2 much; you can usually find flat terrain if you want to, it just might make you think a bit more about where to position your army.

Does hurt Slow 2 a reasonable amount.  Enemies are usually less cooperative about all standing on the same height.

- Cheer Up's range increased back from 1 to 3; now has 5 CT cast time.

So...it's now pretty much Quick.  You know, it's almost to the point that you should just make Quick an ubersquire ability, and then use Cheer Up for something else.

- Ultima's multiplier raised from 13 to 15.

Ok.

- Lightning Stab's range decreased from 3 to 2.

I'm mostly interested in how this affects the Wiegraf fight.  (Pretty sure he can still get in range turn 1).

- Sunken State's JP cost lowered from 900 to 400.

I think the reason it was 900 is that Ninja needs a JP sink.  Mastering Ninja is something that happens when you use the class for its stats.

- Weapon Guard's JP cost lowered from 250 to 200.

I think we originally set it at 250 so that it would match the JP cost of Equip Shield...........which it looks like now also costs 200 so yes, do this >_>

Dapifer

• Platinum Paladin
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 06, 2013, 07:27:31 PM »
Greetings, excellent patch I really like the changes.

One minor thing, is it just me or did the Robe of Lords flavour text didn't change accordingly?

I know it lost Always: Protect, and this is reflected in game, but at least in my version, the item keeps listing that it grants Always: Protect - Shell, instead of just Always: Shell.

I have reapplied the latest patch to a fresh clean ISO and I keep seeing this. Everyone else experiencing something similar?
-Semper Fidelis Usque Ad Mortem-

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 07, 2013, 12:46:32 AM »
I checked the text file for both the normal and WotL Versions and it correctly has Always: Shell written, but I don't have a save file with an RoL to check myself in-game due to getting a new computer. If someone else could check with the latest version of the patch, that would be appreciated.