Register

Author Topic: Seiken Densetsu 3 (Full)  (Read 5016 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Seiken Densetsu 3 (Full)
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
Alright, here are stast for characters of SD3. I'm giving them what I feel is thier best Dueling Class, since i feel letting them arbitrarily change classes, something they can't do in a normal playthrough, is somewhat unfair. Character's stats are just thier Classes maxed. Why? Well, since Stat Progression is TOTALLY up to you in SD3, it'd be hard to give an End Game level stat. Also, the level doesn't matter. Why? After level 45 or so, HP progression dies until level 60 or so, where you gain nothing but 1 point of HP per level, so yeah.

Tests were made against the Final Bosses. Near as I can tell, both Dragon Emperor and Arch Demon have indetentical (or very similar) Defensive Stats, haven't checked Dark Lich (he sucks ass though), but I didn't test on him, so nyah.

It was agreed that an SD3 Characters 1 turn is the equivalent of 2 Attacks. Charge time between physicals is 1 second (it varies in game since when your hit, it lags the counter a bit, for some stupid reason), taking into account Animation of the Swings and such, the time would be around 2.25 seconds or so. Spell times are listed to show how fast an action is in comparison. So yeah, just factor in how many times a character can use said move in a 2.25 second time, so if I list Attacks Damage, double it, if a Spell takes 4.5 seconds, then it has a 2 turn Charge time, etc.

ANyways, most of the stats being shown are just thier for Calculation Purpose, so...yeah. Here are the stats.
NOTE: All SD3 Characters have 300 defense by end game using thier Ultimate Armor with Max Vitality. Naturally, that makes everyone Average, so I won't even Bother listing that stat. HP on the otherhand...
NOTE2: Spirit Based Magic Defense. What is that? In SD3, they only list Magic Defense, which is Magic Defense based off your INT Score. SPR based Magic defense though, htat is unlisted but it exists. Its your Magic Defense against SPR Based spells, namely Holy Elemental spells, and summons. Take this as you will, though. If you want, you could also interpret it as Status Defense, though, I'm not sure how valid that is, CONSIDERING how every status effect in SD3 has 100% Chance of success regardless.

Duran
Class: Lord
Equipment:
Siegmund
Protect Helm
Protect Suit
War King's Crest
Oath Shield

Stats:
HP: 764
MP: 64
Str: 21
Agl: 18
Vit: 21
Int: 16
Spr: 16
Luck: 17
Magic Defense: 136
SPR Based Magic Defense: 136
Evade: 58

Attack: 95
Cross Slash: 268, 2 turns to Charge (4 Attacks)
3 Step Cut: 427, 3.5 turns to Charge, Ignores Evade (7 Attacks)
Magic Circle: 603, 4.5 Turns to Charge, Ignores Evade (9 attacks)
NOTE: Magic Circle and 3 Step Cut are subject Silence, meaning they can't be used at that point.
Heal Light: 426, 3 MP, 1.25 Seconds
Tinkle Rain: Heals from all Status, 2 MP

Miscellaneous: Duran is immune to Moogle, Chibiko (aka Mini), Poison and Sleep Status thanks to his Shield. If he wants, he can use the Adamant Shield instead, raising his Evade by 2 Points, but...2 points doesn't seem like much, so it really isn'worth bothering.

Evaluation: Duran is kind of Like Cecil, only with Better Healing, and worse Defense. His Evade is game best by a considerable amount. With his relatively Fast Healing (he can pull off One attack and Heal on the same turn, more or less), he can be a pain to take down, and his immunity to some status effects are nice too (shame Silence and Petrify aren't some of them) He's probably best opting for Cross Slash instead of building up all the way to Magic Circle, since he can do similar damage in the same amount of Time.

Angela
Class of Choice: Rune Master
Equipment:
Rune Staff
Rune Veil
Rune Coat
Magma Hairpin

Stats:
HP: 554
MP: 99
Str: 15
Agl: 15
Vit: 18
Int: 21
Spr: 19
Luck: 18
Evade: 34
Magic Defense: 176
Spr Magic Defense: 160

Abilities:
Attack: 10 (w007!)
Double Hit: 141, 2 Turns to Chage
Star Attack: 261, 3.5 turns to Charge
10t: 391, 4.5 turns to Charge
Note: latter 2 can not be used under Silence Status
Cold Blaze: 492 Ice/Water Elemental Damage, Causes snowman Status, 7 MP, 3.75 Seconds
Blaze Wall: 492 Fire Elemental Damage, 7 MP, 3.75 Seconds
Stone Cloud: 492 Earth Elemental Damage, causes Petrify, 7 MP, 3.75 seconds
Stun Wind: 492 Wind/Lightning elemental damage, causes Silence, 3.75 seconds
Death Spell: Does 999 damage if Casters Level >= than target, Never fails, 8 MP, 3.5 seconds
NOTE: This is obviously meant to be treated as an Instant Death spell. Take this as you will.
Dark Force: 431 Dark Elemental damage, 5 MP, 2.25 seconds
Holy Ball: 178 Holy Elemental damage, 2 MP, 1.25 seconds

Evaluation: Angela is a nasty Dueler. Once you get past her suspect Games worst HP anyway. Her spells have status effects that NEVER fail, unless of course character is immune to the status effect OR they ABSORB the element, and she has quite some fire power through magic damage. Dark Force is probably her best means of pure offense, given it does near Level 3 damage (its only a level 2 spell), its a rarely blocked Element, and it comes as fast as a normal attack. And don't forget, Angela has Godly Physicals *Rolls eyes*

Kevin
Class of Choice: Dervish
Equipment:
Giant Glove
Ruby Band
Suzaku's Suit
Demon Neckband

Stats:
HP: 830
MP: 69
Str: 18
Agl: 17
Vit: 22
Int: 17
Spr: 16
Luck: 16
Evade: 35
Magic Defense: 144
Spr Magic Defense: 136

Abilities:
Attack: 58 x2 (116)
Ashura Dream Fist: 208 x 2 (416), 1 turn to Charge
Moon Saber: Raises Kevin's Attack by 10%, rasps 15% HP of the damage he does, 3 seconds
Attack after Moon Saber: 87 x 2 (174), 26 HP Healing
Ashura Dream Fist after Moon Saber: 500~ (unfortunatly, don't have a Dervish file on hand, so can't test this directly, jsut an estimate), Rasps 75 HP.

Note: Some People might now allow Kevin's wolf Form, so I'm listing it seperatly, persay.
When kevin uses a physical at Night time, he transforms into a Wolf, then attacks. Note that Kevin can't take damage during the split second of transformation, hence, I generally consider it instantaneous. Should be noted that Kevin's physical power is the only thing that raises, hence, it doesn't matter whether he starts in the battle like that or not.

Wolf Form attack: 93 x 2 (186)
Wolf Form Ashura Dream Fist: 270 x 2 (540)
NOTE: This is a rough estimate. Unfortunately, I lack a file with the God Hand OR the Dervish (both have more or less same attack power, Dervish being a whopping 8 points higher -_-), so I had to kind of average it based off Warrior Monk's (Kevin's Worst Str Class) and Death Hand's (his best) damages, and work from there.
Kevin Glitch: When Kevin gets attacked, WHILE IN WOLF FORM (means he must take a turn), he gets a 33% boost to his Attack Power. This translates into a 111 damage increase PER HIT with his physical, and he does about 450 per hit with Ashura Dream fist (uhh...yeah...) Take that as you will. Some might allow it, others might not, I personally do. This damage is NOT stackable with Moon Saber, mind. In that case, the "last in, first out" rule from Magic Applies, in that last augmenter used wins, so his attack power actually DECREASES if he's hit and casts Moon Saber, being only 110% of his Wolf Form compared to 133% (not that it matters)
Pressure Point: Raises attack by 33%, NOT stackable wtih the Glitch, 1.25 seconds, 1 MP, Godhand only (see below)
Aura Wave: Raises the Tech Gauge to max, 2.75 seconds to charge, 3 MP, Godhand only (see below)

Note: Some might argue that God Hand is better for dueling. It...changes little for damage, his damage goes down a bit, and he gains 415~ Healing at 1.25 seconds time, and Aura Wave which will rarely see use in a Duel (maybe if he's against Tidus?) Pressure Point is worthless if you allow Wolf Forms, but gives a nice jump in attack if you don't. Stat changes are generally minimal, better Spirit Based Magic Defense, worse general Magic Defense, same Agility and Evade.

Evaluation: To be blunt, Kevin is chibi Lenneth. He's pure physical, dishes out lots of damage, but that's all he has. Moon Saber or Heal Light, depending on Form, are nice supplements, and with his high HP, he's hard to kill. However, being Pure Physical and average speed does kind of hurt him, as well as that low Magic Defense makes him total status bait. A scary dueler, but not a God Like by any stretch. High Heavy

Carlie
Class of Choice: Necromancer
Equipment:
Maul of the Dead
Undead Ribbon
Undead Suit
Black Onyx

Stats:
HP: 600 (no, that's right, she has more HP than Angela)
MP: 99
Str: 16
Agl: 15
Vit: 18
Int: 19
Spr: 21
Luck: 20
Evade: 33
Magic Defense: 159
Spr Magic Defense: 175

Abilities:
Attack: 25
Bonkle: 167, 2 turns to charge
Dash: 290, 3.5 tuns to charge
Craaaaaazy: 432, 4.5 turns to charge
NOTE: The latter 2 can not be used under silence Status
Heal Light: Heals 550 HP, instantaneous, 3 MP
Tinkle Rain: Heals from all Status, 2 MP, 1 Second
Unicorn: 240 non elemental damage, 1 MP, 0.67 Seconds
Machine Golem: 265 non elemental damage, 2 MP, 1.25 Seconds
Ghoul: 323 non elemental damage, 1.75 seconds, 3 MP
Ghost: 382 non elemental damage, 2.25 Seconds, 5 MP
Black Curse: Lowers all stats, 3.75 seconds, 5 MP
Dark Saber: Gives Carlie Dark Attribute weapon, raises attack by 10%, 3 MP, 2.25 Seconds
Attack w/ Dark Saber: 51
Bonkle w/ Dark Saber: 205, 2 turns to charge
Dash w/ Dark Saber: 358, 3.5 turns to charge
Craaaaaazy w/ Dark Saber: 502, 4.5 turns to charge

NOTE: I didn't actually have a file with the Necromancer at end game on hand, so I had to test her physicals with the Bishop and ehr spells with the Evil Shaman, who has lower SPR, and Great Demon is MARGINALLY stronger than Ghost. These results are a bit off, but they should be close enough to the actuals to matter.

Evaluation: Has quite the dueling set. Her HP is lowish, but her INstantaneous Healing means more or less she can heal w/out wasting a turn, kind of a Quick hit effect in FF10 turns, and Unicorn is Extremely Fast spell, one that she can pull off nearly 3 times in one turn. And Black Curse is a fun spell to mess her opponents up with if she has the time, as it not only has a perfect Success Rate, but also works on Bosses. I would say Carlie, as scary as it sounds, might be the best SD3 Dueler of her cast, but that might be pushing it, but Geez, that's some dueling Skillset.

Hawk
Class of Choice: Night Blade
Equipment:
Deathstroke
Bloodymask
BlackGarb
BackGuard

HP: 646
MP: 79
Str: 18
Agl: 21
Vit: 19
Int: 17
Spr: 17
Luck: 20
Evade: 45
Magic Defense: 144
Spr Magic Defense: 144

Abilities:
Attack: 59 x 2 (118)
Back Slash: 211 x 2 Damage (414), 1 turn to charge
Shurikens: 160, Lowers Hit rate (aka Slow Status), 1 MP, .75 Seconds
Water Jutsu: 212 Water/Ice Damage, Lowers Attack Power, 3 MP, 2.00 Seconds
Fire Jutsu: 212 Fire Damage, Lowers Magic Defense and Magic Power, 3 MP, 2.00 Seconds
Thunder Jutsu: 212 Thunder/Wind Damage, Lowers Physical Defense, 3 MP, 2.00, seconds
Earth Jutsu: 212 Earth Damage, Lowers Evade and Hit Rate, 3 MP, 2.00 Seconds
Poison Breath: 111 Damage, Gives Poison Status, 3 MP, 3.00 Seconds
Blow Needles: 111 Damage, Gives Silence Status, 3 MP, 3.00 Seconds
Deadly Weapon: 196 Damage, Lowers Max HP, 3 MP, 3.00 Seconds
Black Rain: 296 Dark Elemental Damage, 5 MP, 1.25 Seconds

Note: there are OTHER spells the Night Blade has (namely Fire Breath) which are totally worthless in a duel setting for a reasons I won't get into. I dind't bother listing the damage for Silloute Slice or Split Image Slice, since they not only do LESS damage, but also take MUCH more time to charge.

Evaluation: Hawk is a jack of all trades, as people know him. He's got Good Physical damage, especially factoring in he gets his strongest Tech on turn 2, whiles others (besides Kevin) get thier Weakest Tech on Turn 3. This ultimatly makes him the 2nd best Physical fighter (behind Kevin, obviously) of the group. And he's got quite the skillset too, having a brutal status effect (Silence), and being able to lower all stats of any enemy, and hit any elemental weakness besides Holy, and Deadly weapon is nice to open with on Bosses. He lacks a bit of staying power before he casts Water/Fire Jutsu, though.

Lise
Class of Choice: Star Lancer
Equipment:
Stargazer
Stardust Helmet
Polaris Armor
Draupnir

Stats:
HP: 705
MP: 82
Str: 19
Vit: 20
Agl: 18
Int: 18
Spr: 18
Luck: 17
Evade: 38
Magic Defense: 151
Spr Based Magic Defense: 151

Abilities:
Attack: 70
Whirlwind Spear: 228, 2 turns to Charge
Vaccuum Serge Spear: 378, 3.5 turns to Charge, Ignores Evade
Falling Star: 534, 4.5 turns to Charge, Ignores evade
Power Up: Raises Attack Power by 1/3, 1.67 seconds
Attack w/ Power Up: 187
Whirlwind Spear w/ Power Up: 383
Vaccuum Serge Spear w/ Power Up: 575
Falling Star w/ Power Up: 787
Protect Up: Raises Defense by 1/3, 1.67 Seconds
Speed Up: Raises her Hit Rate and Evade by 1/3, 1.67 seconds
Marduke: 353 Non Elemental SPR Based Damage, Adds Silence Status, 1.67 Seconds
Mind Up: Raises Magic Power and Magic Defense by 1/3, 1.67 Seconds
Marduke w/ Mind Up: 439 damage

Notes: All of Lise's Stat ups are not Stackable, and last til end of battle, or until they are negated (either through a dispel like attack, or the opposite effect)

Evaluation: Lise has some good stat Buffers, being able to raise any one of her stats if need be. Her physical attack is passable, and after Power Up, its quite scary. Protect Up more or less seals screws over fighters, and Marduke kills Mages or anybody reliant on Silenceable attacks. Her above Average HP doesn't hurt things either.

A few things to remember:
A Status effect and stat down work 100% of the time, no exceptions. HOWEVER, if someone reflects the spell, or ABSORBS (NOT Immune to) an element, they aren't effected, and in the former's case, the character feels not only the spells damage, BUT the status effect as well. So yeah, Thunder Justu would still lower Haschel's defense, for example, since he only nulls the element, but should Hawk cast it on Boss Magus, he'll laugh and heal from it (unless Magus had his Lightning Barrier down...)
All stat lowerers work on Bosses, WITHOUT Exception. Interpret this as you will...
NOTE: According to Niu, Deadly Weapon's "HP Down" effect does NOT work on Bosses, while Lunatic's Does, having something to do with the Moon Element. Not that it matters much (Hawk isn't beating much bosses w/ or w/out that move as is), but you get the point.
Status effects all last til the end of a fight, which in SD3's case, is when the characters line "Victory" appears on the screen, so yeah, safe to say they are permanent.
Stat Downs all modify a stat by 1/3, besides HP, which is a 1/5 reduction. Hence why I don't have Hawk and Carlie's Damage after their Respective stat downs, since its totally reliant on the stat of the enemy (some games just have raw reduction, remember)
Hit Rate in SD3 refers to the actual Physical Charge time (Haven't checked Magic Charge times), so its effectivly the same as causing the Slow Status (or in Lise's Case, giving her Haste), at least on physical characters.

Stat Comparisons:
HP:
1. Kevin 830
2. Duran 764
3. Lise 705
4. Hawk 646
5. Carlie 600
6. Angela 554
Average: 683

MP:
1t. Angela 99
1t. Carlie 99
3. Lise 82
4. Hawk 79
5. Kevin 69
6. Duran 64
Average: 82

Defense:
1t. Duran 300
1t. Angela 300
1t. Kevin 300
1t. Carlie 300
1t. Hawk 300
1t. Lise 300
Average: 300
...ok, bad attempt at a joke, I know <_<

General Magic Defense:
1. Angela 176
2. Carlie 159
3. Lise 151
4t. Hawk 144
4t. Kevin 144
6. Duran 136
(God Hand Kevin 128)
Average: 152

Spirit Based Magic Defense:
1. Carlie 175
2. Angela 160
3. Lise 151
4. Hawk 144
(God Hand Kevin 144)
5. Duran 136
6. Kevin 136
Average: 150

Damage over the course of 10 seconds:
Note: I'm assuming Carlie loses some time between summons, since effectivly its not going to be used 10x in one turn. So Unicorn will be assumed 8 castings. Assume Wolf Kevin, though, note the damage is SLIGHTLY high if you use the Godhand (lower about 8 damage per hit) Note that in some cases, I'm rounding down since characters miss the mark by a minor amount (Angela misses her last death spell by less than a second, for example)

(Kevin after being hit, 7 physicals, 3 Asura Dream Fists 5515)
(Hawk using Thunder Jutsu, Thunder Jutsu 6 Physicals + 2 Back Slashes 3052)
1. Angela 3 Death Spells 2997
2. Kevin, 7 Physicals + 3 Asura Dream Fists 2922
3. Hawk, 7 Physicals + 3 Back Slashes, 2068
4. Carlie, 8 Unicorns, 1920
5. Lise, 5 Marduks 1765
(Non Deathspell Angela, 4 Dark Forces, 1724)
6. Duran, 9 Physicals, 1 Magic Circle, 1458
Average: 2188
Average damage per turn: 437

No, don't take that average literally, or these damages, these just show how characters perform over long period of time. I'll get a different average at some point.

And that covers everything, I think
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seiken Densetsu 3 (Full)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm bored, so I figured I'd just hurl one of these up cause I can.

Basically, this follows the usual procedure as my other boss topics, so by now, you should be able to figure it and such. A few things to note though:

I am not getting Dragon's Hole or Mirage Palace bosses yet (this includes Dark Shine Knight and Death Jester respectively, as well as the respective final bosses) This is cause of the whole triangle story thing and such...you get the point.

The team I chose is Hawk, Lise and Carlie to test. Why those 3? Following reasons:
A. Hawk and Lise are close to average HP and thus, makes it easy to figure out average HP (just take whatever is in between both)
B. Both are closest to average INT and Spirit, so it makes for good testing on magic attacks. Note to decifer the difference between what's Spirit Based and INT Based, I'm raising mainly Hawk's INT and Lise's Spirit (there are other reasons for this, but meh, you get the point)
C. I'm putting points mainly into strength for those two as well. Gameplay wise, this makes the most sense, at least early on. Later on...kind of just going to have to take things with a grain of salt.
D. Boss Durability should be taken with a grain of salt too. Obviously, I'm missing some big damage here not bringing in Kevin, so factor that in if you will, as well as lacking Angela in later parts of the game.

Anyway...one more thing to point out before I go on:
ATTACK TYPES!
SD3 isn't normal when it comes to attacks, so this needs a bit of an explanation.

Physical: Self explanatory. Move hits physical defense, and such, should be obvious. Note that if I say "Melee immunity" it basically means immunity to any attack that can miss be it evaded, or its from position and such. I might change this to two categories later (for now, just saying "Unevadable" and such)
Magical: Move hits Intelligence Based Magic Defense. Most attacks are like this
Spiritual: Magic attack, only it hits Spirit Based Magic Defense. Works the same way, besides the stat it hits.
Throw Class: Ok, these attacks are screwed up. They factor in defnese somehow, as well as some sort of way of factoring in what seems to be an Agility Based Magic Defense. Again, this is just based on past tests, so yeah, just note that if a move is labelled "Throw Class", it doesn't act normal. To add to this, "magic Defense Up/down" status affects their damage too -_-;

ANYWAY...ONTO THE BOSSES!

Full Metal Hagger:
HP: 1500
Defense: 10
Magic Defense: ?? (Impossible to test)
Average HP: 117
Absorbs Light, Weak vs. Dark

Abilities:
Physical: 8 damage, adds Poison
Eye Beam: 18 spiritual damage, possibly Light elemental
"Close's Eyes": Gains immunity to melee, and indicates charging for

Bubble Breath or Dive Attack
Bubble Breath: 69 damage, spiritual
Holy Ball: 29 damage, spiritual, light elemental
Dive Attack: 59 damage, spiritual
Heal Light: Heals 86 HP, usable only OPB, and when HP < 25%

Damage's To Him:
Hawk's Physical: 30
Hawk's Back Slash: 64
Lise's Physical: 19
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 40
Carlie's Physical: 13
Carlie's Bonkle: 28

Comments: For your typical "First boss of the game" he's oddly not bad. His attacks do good damage, and his HP is solid enough, as well as decent defense for the time (monsters in that cave are lucky to have half his defense) Poison is nice for a status option...maybe? Eh, probably a Heavy of sorts.

Machine Golems:
HP: 800
Defense: 10
Magic Defense: ?? (Need Angela to test, whom I don't have)
Average HP: 125
Weak to Wind/Lightning

Abilities:
Physical: 26 damage
Drill Missile: 26 damage, physical
"Spin Strike": 7 damage, physical
Rocket Launcher: 81 Throw Class damage, fire elemental

Damage's done to them:
Hawk's Back Slash: 64
Lise's Physical: 19
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 40

Comments: The HP sucks, granted, in game that's not much of a big deal cause there's two of them but still. Good Fire elemental damage, and not much else, really. Low Heavy, I guess

Jewel Eater:
HP: 3200
Defense: 20
Magic Defense: ?? (see above)
Average HP: 136
Absorbs Earth, Weak to Wind/Lightning

Abilities:
Physical: 11 damage, hits up to 3 times (33 damage total)
"Acid Spit": 11 damage, physical, lowers defense, hits up to 3 times (33 damage total). Defense Down adds about 8 damage per hit to his physical and "Acid Spit" and 12 damage to Power Punch and Grand Slam. Note that due to the nature of the attack, only the first hit will do the listed damage, the rest of the attack will be inflated due to Defense Down
"Raise Claw": Grants immunity to Melee attacks, unable to act until he leaves this state
Speed Down: Lowers Evade, Accurracy, and physical attack rate
Power Punch: 59 damage, physical, ignores evade
Diamond Missile: 38 damage, magical, earth elemental
Grand Slam: 64 damage, physical, ignores evade
Protect Up: Raises Defense by 33% (6 less damage from physicals, 12 in Hawk's Case), usable only OPB and when HP < 25%

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 26
Hawk's Back Slash: 68
Lise's Physical: 22
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 50
Carlie's Physical: 9

Comments: His damage isn't much, though he can boost it with lowering the enemies defenses, and its not THAT bad. One thing this guy does have is excellent defense and HP. his defense is high enough that he takes less than the previous bosses DESPITE the weapon upgrade, and likly extra point of strength. Speed Down is decent for dealing with some pure fighters, thought utterly worthless on a mage. Heavy

Note that from this point on, all bosses can now reasonably fight someone with Stat Ups, as well as Sabers hitting the main 4 (Fire, Ice/Water, Lightning/Wind, and Earth) This is cause Byzel's Black Market opens up between Jewel Eater and Tzenker, so you can outright buy Drake Scales and claws. If you factor this into the PC damage to enemies, for the stat ups, just do the following equation:

((Character's damage + Bosses defense) * 4/3) - Bosses Defense.
For Magic damage, just raise the damage by 4/3 to get the proper value.

Sabers should raise damage by about double or so, need to test this again, but note that you can only apply the big 4 this way (Dark and Saint Saber aren't store bought)
I should note that factoring Defensive Stat Ups against Bosses is wrong. No different than factoring, say, Barrier and Deban against PS4 Bosses.

ANYWAY, back to the bosses

Tzenker:
HP: 1800
Defense: 37
Magic Defense: 12
Average HP: 180
Absorbs Wind/Lightning, Weak to Earth

Abilities:
Physical: 27 damage
Air Blast: 40 magic damage, Wind/Lightning elemental
Super Sonic: 110 magic damage, possibly Wind/Lightning elemental
"Grab": 44 damage, physical, 100% Chance of adding sleep
"Fly Up": Grants immunity to melee. Note she CAN attack while she does
this with anything but "Grab", as its merely going out of range of physicals. Some might throw this out.
Speed Up: Boosts Evade, Accurracy, and Physical Attack rate by 33%. Usable only OPB, at when HP < 25%

Damage's to Her:
Hawk's Physical: 22
Hawk's Back Slash: 80
Lise's Physical: 24
Lise's Whirl Wind Spear: 59
Carlie's Physical: 7
Carlie's Bonkle: 33

Comments: Good Damage, 100% sleep is nice for messing with healers, as it has damage added to it as well, and excellent defense too (odd, considering she's a Harpy and such) Speed Up is nice as a depseration, AND she has Melee Immunity she can actually make use of! Solid Heavy

Genova:
HP: 3100
Defense: 33
Magic Defense: 16
Average HP: 194
Absorbs Fire, weak to Water/Ice

Abilities:
Physical: 1 damage! (note that after Power up, this becomes 13 or so,
ph34r!)
"Summon Shape Shifter": Summons a Shapeshifter. These things can take the shape of just about any enemy, and copy the stats for that respective Level (Not thier abilities, mind, besides an "Add Status" physical), and change at will. IOWs, DO NOT EXPECT ME TO GET THESE THINGS STATS.
Power Up: Raises Attack by 33%
Trap Level 1: 58 damage, Throw Type
Trap Level 2: 75 damage, Throw Type
Fireball: 43 damage, magical, Fire Elemental
Melt Wave: 65 damage, magical, Fire elemental
Body Change: Adds Chibiko Status
Lunatic: Lowers MHP by 1/5th.

Damage's Done to Her:
Hawk's Back Slash: 88
Lise's Physical: 28
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 63
Carlie's Physical: 11
Carlie's Bonkle: 37

Comments: Everyone, guess what? We finally have a scrub boss! 3HKO damage at best, 4HKO if Fire is resisted, weak to a common Element (absorbs another albeit)...nothings stands out about the OVEN OF DOOM!!! boss. Think of it this way; Genova is Rubicant if you murdered Scorch's damage. Middle Bait. And no, the shape shifters don't help quite as much as you'd expect.

Bill and Ben:
HP: 700 when fused, 800 each when split
Defense: 20
Magic Defense: 44
Average HP: 194

Abilities:
Physical: 12 damage, hits twice, 24 damage total
Shurikens: 67 damage, Throw class, Lowers Accurracy and Attack Rate. Usable only once before they split, and then at will after that
Shadow Dive: 95 damage, physical, ignores evade. Used only as a counter ot Level 2/3 Techs, and Magic. Usable also when HP < 25%, OPB, post splitting
"Split": After losing 700 HP, they split into two seperate halves with identical stats, and 800 HP each.in everyway
Water Jutsu: 56 damage, magical, Water/Ice elemental, Lowers attack by 33%
Earth Justu: 56 damage, magical, Earth elemental, Lowers Evade, Accurracy, and Attack rate by 33%
Fire Jutsu: 56 damage, magical, Fire elemental, Lowers Magic Effectiveness and Defense by 33%
Thunder Jutsu: 56 damage, magical, Lightning/Wind Elemental, lowers defense by 33% (this adds about 12 damage per hit to thier physical and
Shadow Dive)
Note about Jutsus: All of them are unsable until they split, at which point, it seems they can only use ONE of them OPB, until low HP. Take this as you will, its possibly just wonky AI that got me though.

Damage's done to them:
Hawk's Physical: 56
Hawk's Back Slash: 114
Lise's Physical: 41
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 76
Carlie's Physical: 24
Carlie's Bonkle: 50

Comments: well...how good they are comes down to interpreting. If you treat them as one person, and just a guy who splits into two at one point, then they are solid. If not...we have a low HP boss with a solid counter attack who can lower stats. Not giving them a ranking due to the whole interpretation thing.

Gorva:
HP: 3000
Defense: 39
Magic Defense: 7
Average HP: 207
Absorbs Dark, Weak to Light

Abilities:
Physical: 60 damage
Evil Gate: 41 damage, magical, Dark Elemental
Ghost Road: 87 damage, magical, Dark Elemental
Black Rain: 79 damage, magical, Dark Elemental
"Smoke Ring": 40 damage, physical, adds Silence
Anti Magic: Removes all status, and Stat changes, as well as resets the Tech Gauge, and nulls out any elemental absorptions (not resists, weaknesses, or nulls, mind) the target has.
"Fly Up": Immunity to Melee. Like Tzenker, this only stops him from using close ranged attacks, in his case, his physical and "Smoke Ring"

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 44
Hawk's Back Slash: 116
Lise's Physical: 38
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 82

Comments: Well, his damage isn't much, grazing a 3HKO and such...however, that's not a problem, really. Silence with Smoke Ring, then Fly Up is a BRUTAL COMBO, really. Anti Magic is good for dealing with stat buffing whores, (as well as kicking the crap out of the likes of VP characters <.<)...he covers up for his unimpressive damage fairly well, all things considered. Solid Heavy.

Machine Golems mark 2:
HP: 1000
Defense: 74
Magic Defense: 13
Average HP: 266
Weak to Wind/Lightning

Abilities:
Physical: 89 damage
"Spin Strike": 30 damage, physical
"Rocket Punch": 89 damage, physical
Grenade Bomb: 103 damage, Throw Class, Leaf Elemental, used as a
counter to level 2/3 Techs, and Magic
Thunderstorm: 88 damage, magical, Lighting/Wind Elemental, used as a counter to level 2/3 techs and magic, or when HP < 25%
Explode: 88 damage, magical, Fire Elemental, used as a counter to level
2/3 techs and Magic, or when HP < 25%
Mega Splash: 88 damage, magical, Water/Ice Elemental, used as a counter to level 2/3 Techs, and Magic, or when HP < 25%
Earthquake: 88 damage, magical, Earth elemental, used as a counter to
level 2/3 Techs and Magic, or when HP < 25%
Note: Apparently, they can use any one of thier spells as thier first action (instead of the usual Rocket Punch), and never again after that unless conditions are met (either a counter attack, or low HP) I'm...not sure how to take this really.

Damage's done to them:
Hawk's Physical: 26
Hawk's Back Slash: 124
Lise's Physical: 27
Lise's Whirldwind Spear: 84
Carlie's Physical: 8
Carlie's Bonkle: 55

Comments: Tankish, but weak to Lightning with alright damage and some counters. Not much else, and they have sad HP. Can't really justify them above Middle Note that if thier magic damage (as well as Bill and Ben's magic damage) seems low, its possibly because you may have Class Changed by now, which believe it or not, makes you take MORE from magic attacks (50% more compared to a base class) Just keep this in mind.

Bill and Ben...THE RETURN!:
HP: ???
Defense: 69
Magic Defense: 65
Average HP: 277

Abilities:

Physical: 12 damage, hits twice, 24 damage total
Shurikens: 30 damage, Throw class, Lowers Accuracy and Attack Rate. Usable only once before they split, and then at will after that
Shadow Dive: 170 damage, physical, ignores evade. Used only as a counter ot Level 2/3 Techs, and Magic. Usable also when HP < 25%, OPB, post splitting
"Split": After losing 700 HP, they split into two seperate halves with identical stats, and 800 HP each.in everyway
Water Jutsu: 61 damage, magical, Water/Ice elemental, Lowers attack by 33%
Earth Justu: 61 damage, magical, Earth elemental, Lowers Evade, Accuracy, and Attack rate by 33%
Fire Jutsu: 61 damage, magical, Fire elemental, Lowers Magic Effectiveness and Defense by 33%
Thunder Jutsu: 61 damage, magical, Lightning/Wind Elemental, lowers
defense by 33% (this adds about 26 damage per hit to thier physical and Shadow Dive)
Note about Jutsus: All of them are unsable until they split, at which point, it seems they can only use ONE of them OPB, until low HP. Take this as you will, its possibly just wonky AI.

Damage's Done to them:
Hawk's Physical: 34
Hawk's Back Slash: 134
Lise's Physical: 32
Lise's Whirldwind Spear: 89
Carlie's Bonkle: 60

Comments: They're...basically the same boss, scaled up a bit to your level. So...yeah, just see thier previous form,w on't get into specifics on how thier stats/damage differs, you can tell that on your own by eyeballing it and such.

I'm considering Class Changes Standard at this point. You...have little reason not to by now, as you should be high enough level after the water and Fire Crystal, and you have several easy to access means of Promoting. That, and Mintos (Moonlight City) is the first city in the game that sells Class Change specific armors (in that only a promoted class can use them, and not a Neutral class. Also sells your first Dark and Light weapons)

Also note that all bosses from here on are Class 2 (until specified otherwise), SO they take 50% more damage from magic than the previous bosses BEFORE magic defense. IOWs, a magic defense value of, say, 30 might seem high and such, but its effectively worse than a boss with 10 Magic Defense earlier, due to this feature. Further proof that Class Changing now makes sense (2nd Classes fighting Class 2 enemies *shrugs*)

Lugar:
HP: 3200
Defense: 92
Magic Defense: 22
Average HP: 316

Abilities:
Physical: 13 damage, hits twice (26 damage)
Bastard Slam: 129 damage, physical, unevadable, used as a counter to level 2/3 Techs and Magic. Usable while in "Black Fang" form only
Water Moon Slice: 129 damage, physical, unevadable, used as a counter to level 2/3 Techs and Magic. Usable while in "Black Fang" form only Seiyruu Death Fist: 197 damage, physical, unblockable, used only as a counter to Level 2/3 Techs, and Magic. Usable while in "Bloody Wolf" form only.
Dead Crush: 197 damage, physical, unblockable, used only as a counter to Level 2/3 Techs, and Magic. Usable while in "Bloody Wolf" Form only Suzaku Sky Dance: 197 Damage, physical, unblockable, used only as a counter to Level 2/3 Techs, and Magic. Usable while in "Wolf Devil" Form only.
Verutibach: 197 damage, physical, unblockable, used only as a counter to level 2/3 techs, and magic. Usable while in "Wolf Devil" form only.
Moon Saber: Makes his basic physical (NOT his techs) heal 1-2 damage. Note that for the first 6 hits or so, his basic physical damage is doubled, and he heals 5~ points of healing each hit, though, afterwords, his damage goes back down. Take this as you will. Usable OPB, and only in "Bloody Wolf" form.
Energy Ball: Raises CRITICAL HIT RATE! ...note that this move is bugged (or I should say, Critical hits in general), and thus, this move is completely worthless, ph34r! Usable in "Wolf Devil" form only.
Note: Lugar can use any one of his techs (basically, anything but his physical, Energy Ball or Moon Saber) OPB unprovoked, when HP < 25%. Basically, all of his techs must be counters, except for the low HP one, which is essentially a desperation of sorts.
Note about Lugar: He changes what "Form" he's in throughout the fight. He starts the fight as a normal Werewolf. Near as I can tell, it happens whenever he loses 25% of his HP, he transforms into another form. At 5% HP, its Black Fang, 50% HP , its Bloody Wolf, at 25% HP, its Wolf evil. ALSO, triggering his Counter Attacks forces him to shift to the next stage. If he's a Wolf Devil when hit with magic, he'll go down to Black Fang, and continue the cycle (so its Black Fang -> Bloody Wolf -> Wolf Devil -> Black Fang )

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Back Slash: 154
Hawk's Silloutte Slice: 124 (...yeah, I'll be ignoring this from now on)
Hawk's Shurikens: 128
Lise's Physical: 31
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 98
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 152
Carlie's Physical: 10
Carlie's Bonkle: 66
Carlie's Jump: 110
Carlie's Holy Ball: 142

Comments: Ah, Lugar. One of the most talked about SD3 bosses around. Some people claim he's the hardest in the game, others mock him to no end. How does he shape up in a duel? Well, his tech damage is fairly impressive, as its an easy 2HKO to most, and he's got good defense, but...being the first Class 2 Boss, magic damage is raised, so high defense doesn't go quite as far. Worse, his big damage is pretty much pure counters, besides the OPB shot he has, and his damage otherwise is Evil Gaiaesque. So what are we left with? A boss whose anti tech, basically, but kind of gets reemed by most healers. Much like in game, if you can avoid his techs (meaning never provoke a counter), he's really not much at all. I'd rank him, but...not sure what seems fair at the moment, so I'll abstain.

Gildervine:
HP: 7800
Defense: 95
Magic Defense: 24
Average HP: 362

Abilities:
Gildervine changes forms, in a sense. Hence, I'll divide up what it can do based on its form.
Form 1:
Sleep Powder: Puts Target to sleep, 100% hit rate.
Poison Bubble: 177 damage, magical, Tree Elemental, Adds Poison status
"Summon Mega Crawler": Summons a level 23 Mega Crawler
"Summon Assassin Bug": Summons a level 23 Assassin Bug
Note about both: Due to how SD3 works, it can only summon up to two creatures at once (Genova follows the same rule) Note that neither enemy is really worth noting anything, they're pretty much just random encounter scrubs that are pure support.

Form 2:
Pollen Jet: 21 damage, magical, unblockable, adds Poison status
Sleep Flower: Puts Target to sleep, 100% hit rate
Hammer Beam: 61 damage, Throw Class, lowers Magic Effectiveness and
Magic Defense, can be triple casted. Note that this raises damage of most moves by 30, except Pollen Jet which gets a 15 damage boost, and
Poison Bubble, which gets about 70.
Spine Kelp: 65 damage, magical
Poison Bubble: 177 damage, magical, Tree Elemental, Adds Poison status
Counter Magic: Reflects Magic, usable only OPB and when HP < 25%

Damage's done to it:
Hawk's Physical: 70
Hawk's Back Slash: 212
Hawk's Shuriken: 141
Hawk's Jutsu's: 162
Lise's Physical: 51
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 130
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 195
Carlie's Physical: 16
Carlie's Bonkle: 76
Carlie's Jump: 125
Carlie's Holy Ball: 150
Note: Carlie's weapon isn't upgraded to par, so her physical damage might be a little low.

Comments: Meet SD3's pure status whore everyone. Sleep, Poison, and Magic Stat lowering is his game, along with a desperation Reflect like status thrown in at the end. Yeah, sounds annoying...but its worse when you consider that this status whore has good damage, and with his Magic Defense lowering, he can just raise it further, AND to add insult to injury, it adds Poison status too. And then there's the absolutly high HP score, over double the next best boss (Lugar), and they're only a dungeon apart! Yeah, Gildervine is YASD3BWMH ("Yet Another Seiken Densetsu 3 Boss Who Makes Heavy", for future Reference <.<)

God Beasts are being done like this:
The first 3 are stats listed if you fight them in that order, the next 4 are assuming they are 4th, since that's middle ground and such. I'll nab the "Level 4" stats of the first 3 god beasts later, but for now...yeah...

Light Gazer:
HP: 15500
Defense: 101
Magic Defense: 85
Average HP: 411
Weak to Dark, Absorbs Light, Immune to Fire

Abilities:
Physical: 80 damage, adds Attack Down status
Saint Beam: 110 damage, spiritual, Light elemental
Holy Ball: 80 damage, spiritual, Light elemental (estimate, he used this once, and I missed its damage)
Geyserblast: 197 damage, physical, unblockable
Prisoner: 250 damage, spiritual, Light Elemental, adds Moogle Status
Heal Light: Heals 300 HP, usable only when HP < 25%
Magic Shield: Increases Magic Defense by 33%, used as a counter to Dark elemental attacks
Saint Saber: Makes physical attack Holy elemental. Note that he ONLY
casts this on the enemy.

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 78
Hawk's Back Slash: 228
Hawk's Shurikens: 149
Lise's Physical: 55
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 139
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 208
Carlie's Physical: 31
Carlie's Bonkle: 103
Carlie's Jump: 161

Comments: Prisoner is a nasty trick. Good damage, and it pretty much is death to a PC. Saint Saber trick is good for mainly physical fighters and such. Immunity to Fire and Holy are some nice resistances in general, lets him beat certain enemies off the bat *waves hi to Luca and Rubicant* Pretty obviously Heavy

Land Umber:
HP: 10500
Defense: 160
Magic Defense: 64
Average HP: 442
Weak to Lightning/Wind, Absorbs Earth, Immune to Water/Ice

Abilities:
Hammer Punch: 140 damage, magical, unblockabe
Earthquake: 160 damage, magical, Earth elemental
"Guard": Grants immunity to Melee, unable to act while in this state
Crashball: Damage does Damage equal to 50% of Current HP
Hyper Cannon: 400 damage, Spiritual, Earth Elemental, lowers Evade, Accurracy, and Attack Rate
Stone Cloud: 225 damage, magical, Earth Elemental. Note that the enemy version of this attack does NOT add Stone Status
Iron Claw: 120 damage, physical, hits three times, unblockable, adds Sleep (360 damage total)
Protect Up: Raises defense by 33%, usable only OPB and when HP < 25%

Damages done to him:
Hawk's Back Slash: 226
Hawk's Shurikens: 104
Lise's Physical: 37
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 143
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 232
Carlie's Physical: 7
Carlie's Bonkle: 98
Carlie's Jump: 172
Carlie's Holy Ball: 129

Comments: He's got good damage, and nice defense, and a decent sleep physical and such. HP is somewhat low for God Beast standards, but not THAT bad. Another fine Heavy.

Dangaard:
HP: 22000
Defense: 145
Magic Defense: 99
Avereage HP: 442
Weak to Dark and Earth, Absorbs Wind/Lightning, Nulls Light

Abilities:
Physical: 80 damage
Air Blast: 104, magical, Lighting/Wind Elemental
Thunderball: 285 damage, magical, possibly Lightning/Wind Elemental
Thunderstorm: 160 damage, magical, Lightning/Wind Elemental
Air Slasher: 268, magical, Lightning/Wind Elemental, lowers defense
Agility up: Raises Accurracy, Evade, and ATtack Rate by 33%, usable OPB at when HP < 25% only.
Stun Wind: 225 damage, Magical, Lightning/Wind elemental, adds Silence
status

Damages done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 64
Hawk's Back Slash: 256
Hawk's Shurikens: 120
Lise's Physical: 52
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 158
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 257
Carlie's Physical: 22
Carlie's Bonkle: 113
Carlie's Jump: 172

Comments: Pretty much entirely Wind/lightning based hurts him. However, that HP score is just BRUTAL. Stun Wind is essentially an Auto Win against Mages to boot, and his damage isn't too shabby either. Not suprisingly, he's just another SD3 Boss who makes Heavy, go figure.

Fiegmund:
HP: 14000
Defense: 158
Magic Defense: 88
Average HP: 472
Weak to Fire, Absorbs Ice/Water

Abilities:
Physical: 98 damage
Mega Splash: 176 damage, magical, Ice/Water Elemental
Cold Blaze: 238 damage, magical, Ice/Water Elemental, Adds Freeze
status
"Dive Under": Grants immunity to melee. While in this status, he may
only use magic attacks (Icicle, Cold Breeze, and Mega Splash)
Icicle: 168 damage, magical, Ice/Water Elemental, Lowers Evade, can
only be used in "Dive Under" status.
Ice Cradle: 300 damage, magical, Ice/Water elemental, Lowers Attack
stat by 33%
Mind Up: Raises Magic Damage and Magic Defense by 33%, usable only OPB and when HP < 25%

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 62
Hawk's Back Slash: 266
Hawk's Shurikens: 120
Hawk's Fire Justu: 167
Lise's Physical: 51
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 165
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 258
Carlie's Physical: 21
Carlie's Bonkle: 117
Carlie's Jump: 198
Carlie's Holy Ball: 125

Comments: Freeze is a nasty status. Its basically SD3's version of paralysis, perse, and the move that causes it does decent damage too. Cold Snap murders fighter damage, assuming they can get around his physical immunity. At low HP, his damage becomes really scary...yeah, he's certainly a High Heavy at least, being almost entirely Ice elemental hurts though.

Xan Bie:
HP: 10000
Defense: 163
Magic Defense: 82
Average: 472
Weak to Ice/Water, Absorbs Fire

Abilities:
Fireball: 62 damage, magical, Fire elemental
"Flame Tornado": Grants Physical immunity. Can only use Heat Beam
while in this form
Heat Beam: 258, magical, fire elemental, lowers Defense by 33%
Explosion: 151 damage, magical, fire elemental
Lava Wave: 188 damage, Throw Class,fire elemental
Flame Saber: Makes weapon Fire elemental. Note that he casts this on
the enemy.
Giga Burn: 253 damage,Throw Class, Fire elemental, Lowers Magic
Effectiveness and Defense
"Jump in Furnace": He jumps into the furnace, and is unable to use any
attacks, but Blaze Wall on himself. Note that since the Furnace is
technically another enemy, and a quirk of the level, you might not allow this
Blaze Wall: 210 damage OR 422 healing if cast on self. The latter is usable only while in Furnace
Power Up: Raises Attack by 33%, usable when HP < 25%, and OPB only.
Note that all his moves are based off INT -_-

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 52
Hawk's Back Slash: 256
Hawk's Shurikens: 59
Hawk's Water Justu: 173
Lise's Physical: 46
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 160
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 253
Carlie's Physical: 16
Carlie's Bonkle: 112
Carlie's Jump: 193
Carlie's Holy Ball: 131

Comments: Really, he's just the Fire version of Fiegmund, only without the ability to Lower Attack, but better suited to take out mages. Not much else to say about him, except that he's missing the nasty Freeze status. Heavy.

Dolan:
HP: 12500
Defense: 161
Magic Defense: 84

Abilities:
Physical: 115 damage, hit up to two times (230 damage)
"Guard": Grants Melee Immunity. Cannot Act while under this stance
Howl: 158 damage, spiritual
Spiral Moon: 385 damage, magical, Moon Elemental, lowers MHP by 20%
Half Vanish: Does Damage equal to HP/2
"Press": Adds Chibiko Status
Graviton Press: 213 damage, physical, lowers Evade, Accurracy, and Attack Rate
Moon Saber: Lets him heal damage equal to about 15% of his physical (IOWs, negligible healing), usable only OPB, and when HP < 25%
Energy Ball: Raises Critical HIt rate!!!! ...yeah, see the note about Lugar

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 56
Hawk's Back Slash: 260
Hawk's Shurikens: 59
Hawk's Justu's: 173
Lise's Physical: 48
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 162
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 255
Carlie's Physical: 18
Carlie's Bonkle: 114
Carlie's Jump: 195
Carlie's Holy Ball: 129

Comments: Spiral moon HURTS, and its anti healer, since the 2nd one is going to hurt a lot more than the first relatively speaking. Fighters and those reliant on physical based techs hate him too, due to Chibiko status. Pretty straight forward dueler, really. Heavy.

Mispolm:
HP: 14000
Defense: 139
Magic Defense: 92
Weak to Wind/Lightning

Abilities:
Physical: 80 damage, hits up to 4 times, attrocious accurracy (missed 8
times before it hit)
Grenade Bomb (ST version): 188 damage, throw class
Poison Bubble: 260 damage, magical, adds Poison Status, Tree elemental
Grenade Bomb (MT Version): 228 damage, magical
Sleep Flower: Adds Sleep Status
Killstinger: 219 damage, spiritual, Tree elemental
Pumpkin Bomb: 120 damage, throw class
Counter Magic: Reflects all basic attack magic (not support spells (Good and bad) or healing, mind), unless its Dark Elemental. Yes, his version is bugged. Used as a counter to Magic attacks, or OPB when HP < 25%

Damage's done to him:
Hawk's Physical: 98
Hawk's Back Slash: 302
Hawk's Shurikens: 139
Lise's Physical: 69
Lise's Whirlwind Spear: 183
Lise's Vacuum Surge Spear: 276
Carlie's Physical: 39
Carlie's Bonkle: 136
Carlie's Jump: 216
Carlie's Holy Ball: 121

Comments: Due to how bad Mispolm is in game, it appauls me that he's actually a decent dueller. Poison Bubble is alright damage, and Counter Magic makes him an anti Mage. Damn it, WHY CAN'T YOU SUCK LIKE YOU DO IN GAME ;_; Heavy.

At this point, I'm considering Final Classes as standard. Note that bosses are now Class 3, so thier magic defense values mean EVEN LESS!

Zable Fahr:
HP: 9999 (other two heads are 5000, for reference)
Defense: 217
Magic Defense: TBA
Average HP: 585
Weak to Light, Absorbs Darkness

Abilities:
Gremlin: 247 damage, Spiritual
Hell Cross: 364 damage, magical, Dark Elemental
Death Spell: 999 damage if Target's level =< Caster's. Note that you
shouldn't be higher than level 41 by Zable Fahr, and its level 46...
Dark Force: 304 damage, magical, Dark Elemental
Great Demon: 335 damage, spiritual
Black Curse: Lowers all stats by 33%

Comments: Chibi Zophar with a few tricks oustide of overkill damage if the enemy is...uhh...high leveled. YEah, Death Spell is her only real trick or something.; If you allow her support she gets...a lot better. Pretty safe to say she's God Like, despite the HP score.

*Hawk and Lise's Route*

Jagan:
HP: 15000
Defense: 228
Magic Defense: 59
Average HP: 597
Weak to Fire and Earth, Vulnerable to Turn Undead

Abilities:
Physical: 100 damage, hits twice (200)
Dark Force: 234 damage, magical, Dark elemental
Ghost Road: 320 damage, magical
Psycho Wave: 262 damage, magical
Death Spell: 999 damage if Target's level =< Caster's.
Note: All his moves but his physical are counters. He follows a strict
pattern with his counters of Dark Force -> Ghost Road -> Psycho Wave -> Death Spell. IOWs, he can't get his really nasty move off until hit with 4 spells/techs.

Comments: Not much to say, he's...basically mage version of Lugar, only his counters are weaker, until the 4th one, which is brual overkill and such. Can't really justify him as anything above Middle

Bigieu:
HP: 16000
Defense: 237
Magic Defense: 27
Average HP: 631
Weak to Water and Earth, Absorbs Fire and Lightning

Abilities:
Physical: 65 damage, two hits, (130 total)
Rose Highclaw: 65 damage, four hits (260 total)
Lunatic: Lowers MHP by 20%
Moon Saber: Restores HP equal to 15% of her damage done from her physical and Rose High Claw. Note that the first few hits are boosted ala Lugar
Energy Ball: THE UBER CRITICAL HIT SPELL!1!!
Half Vanish: Damage equal to 50% of Current HP
Lamia Naga: 333 damage, spiritual

Comments: Body Change on a tankish boss, BRILLIANT COMBO THERE! Yeah, she'd kill to have Marduk over Lamia Naga, for the silence but regardless, 2HKOish damage, Lunatic to help deal with high HP Healers, as well as Half Vanish, and some status to screw over pure fighters. She's another Heavy boss, what can I say <.<?

Arch Demon:
HP: 54000
Defense: 235
Average HP: 665

Form 1:
Arch Demon changes into one of 6 colors. Those colors are:
Red: Reflects Fire elemental Damage, enables usage of Explosion, Blaze Wall, and Giga Burn
Blue: Reflects Dark Damage, enables usage of Deathspell, and Hell Cross (possibly Dark Force but I can't remember)
Green: Refelcts Wind and Lightning Damage, enables usage of Thunderstorm, Air Slasher, and Stun Wind
Brown: Reflects Earth, enables usage of Hyper Cannon, Earthquake, and Stone Cloud
Black: No elemental affinities, technically can't act, he does counter everything with Black Curse however, and he does have Perfect Evade.
Different Blue: Reflects Moon (as if those actually exist...), enables usage of Half Vanish, Change Body, and Spiral Moon

He can counter any level 2/3 tech with Black Curse in any color, mind.

Abilities:
Black Curse: Lowers all stats by 33%. Used as a counter only.
Explosion: 180 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Blaze Wall: 300 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Giga Burn: 400 Fire elemental damage, Physical, lowers Magic Defense and Magic Power by 33%
Thunder Storm: 180 Lightning/Wind Elemental damage, Magical
Stun Wind: 300 Lightning/Wind Elemental damage, Magical, adds Silence
Air Slasher: 400 Lightning/Wind Elemental damage, Physical, lowers Defense by 33%
Earthquake: 180 Earth Elemental damage, Magical
Stone Cloud: 300 Earth Elemental damage, Magical, Should add Stone, but enemy version of the spell is Bugged.
Hyper Cannon: 500 Earth Elemental damage, Magical, Lowers hit rate and Evade
Deathspell: Deals 999 damage if caster's level >= Target's, 0 damage otherwise. Given I take end game levels at 51, which is higher than his Level, I throw this spell out
Hellcross: 400 Dark Elemental damage, Physical
Half Vanish: 50% Gravity
Spiral Moon: 500 Moon Elemental damage, Magical, lowers MHP by 20%

Form 2:
This form occurrs when his HP drops below 50%. He retains the elemental reflection of the last element he was in, and then always absorbs Fire, Earth, Wind/Lightning, and Darkness. He apparently still switches (without telling you), but all that does is change his counter attack. His Counters are Hell Cross, Giga Burn, Air Slasher, Spiral Moon, and Hyper Cannon. If he's shifting an element, or lacks an element, he'll use Black Curse as a counter instead.
Stats are the same otherwise.

Physical: 330 damage
Electro Spark of DOOM!!!: 330 damage, Magical
Demon Screech: 240 damage, Magical, lowers Attack by 33%, possibly Dark Elemental
Great Demon: 330 damage, Spiritual
Catastrophe: 500 damage, Magical, requires a charge time. When charging, though, you can't use Level 2/3 Techs or Magic (or even access the menu) in game, sort of a temporary Silent Lake like effect. Take this as you will. You can use Physicals and level 1 Techs, though. Note that he can't counter when he's charging this spell either.
Demon Breath: 180 Fire elemental damage, Magical, lowers Magic Defense and Effectiveness by 33%
Attack Up: Raises Physical damage by 33%, used when HP drops below 1/2 of this forms Max (as in, 25% of combined total of both forms)
Protect Up: Raises Defense by 33%, see comments above about restrictions

In addition to this, if he ever countered with Black Curse before, he can now use it at will.

Comments: Arch Demon is pretty brutal. His damage is high 2HKO, and he has several ways to mess around with pesky healers (Black Curse + Spiral Moon should OHKO most, if not, the 2nd Spiral Moon should due to HP loss), or just fuck up enemies damage and win slug fests that way. His durability is pretty darn good too. Black Curse is a nasty trick since it works on bosses (proof? Its the same spell as Carlie's, which works on every boss in the game.) Form 2 is good for shutting down those reliant on one Element to boot if its Fire, Lightning, Earth, Wind or Dark. Can hit several elemental weaknesses to boot, and has virtually non elemental damage with Spiral Moon if he needs to opt for that. No questions asked, he's a solid God Like

Duran and Angela's Route

Note: Due to me being lazy, for Darkshine Knight (and later on, Death Jester) assume Average HP is the same as Jagan, similarly, apply same logic for Koren (and later, Heath) with regards to Bigieu's Average HP.

Darkshine Knight:
HP: 18000
Defense: 224
Weak to Fire, Lightning/Wind, and Holy, Absorbs Dark, Ice/Water, and Earth

Abilities:
Physical: 85 damage, can be used twice in a row
Whirlwind Sword: 400 damage, used as a counter to Level 2/3 techs and Magic about 50% of the time
Note: Near as I can tell, he can also use this attack once, unprovoked, at low HP.
Vacuum Sword: 400 damage, used as a counter to level 2/3 Techs, and about 50% of the time
Eruption Sword: 400 damage, used as a counter to level 2/3 Techs and magic about 50% of the time
Note: Yes, he randomly chooses one of these 3, and no, it doesn't matter at all.

Comments: Darkshine Knight doesn't translate well into a duel at all. IN game, he required you fight him without using level 2/3 Techs or Magic, or lest you eat one of his counters (in some cases, he'll double up on them, though its rare); in a duel, the counters are all he has, and most people can work around them. I guess he ends up being similar to Lugar in most ways...except that he has 4 very to easy to hit weaknesses in the DL. Middle I guess.

Koren:
HP: 15000
Defense: 215
Magic Defense: 71

Abilities:
Barrier Change: Changes his elemental affinities to something random. This includes resistance to MP Draining and parasitic healing (Moon Saber). What elemental resistance, immunity, reflecting, absorptions and weaknesses he gets are completely random.
Saint Beam: 240 Holy Elemental damage, Spiritual
Earthquake: 280 Earth elemental damage, Magical
Explosion: 280 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Thunderstorm: 280 Lightning/Wind elemental damage, Magical
Mega Splash: 280 Water/Ice elemental damage, Magical
Dark Force: 300 Dark elemental damage, Magical
Holy Ball: 120 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual
Fire Ball: 160 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Air Blast: 160 Wind Elemental damage, Magical
Diamond Missile: 160 Earth elemental damage, Magical
Ice Smash: 160 Ice elemental damage, magical.
Evil Gate: 160 Dark elemental damage, magical
Ancient: 730 damage, Magical, usable when HP < 25% only.

Comments: Koren's main trick in a duel is Barrier Change...or would be it if wasn't so random (no way to tell how it works in game beyond randomly smacking him with magic.) Otherwise, all he has is awesome elemental variety, 3HKO damage with magic, and a killer low HP Move. Low HP hurts of course. Probably Middle

Dragon Emperor:
HP: 55000
Defense: 241

Dragon Emperor has the same elemental stuff Arch Demon had, except replace Arch Demon's Earth Mode with Ice Mode, and Dark Mode with Holy Mode. Same rules apply, except that Dragon Emperor Absorbs Elemental damage of that type instead of Reflecting it. Dragon Emperor does NOT have Guard Mode either.

Abilities:
Physical: 305 Damage
Prisoner: 470 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual, adds Moogle status
Explosion: 200 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Megasplash: 200 Water/Ice Elemental Damage, Magical
Thunderstorm: 200 Lightning/Wind Elemental damage, magical
Half Vanish: 50% Gravity
Body Change: Adds Chibikio Status
Gigaburn: 360 Fire elemental damage, physical, lowers Magic attack and defense
Air Slasher: 360 Lightning/Wind elemental damage, physical, lowers Defense
Ice Cradle: 400 Water/Ice elemental damage, magical , lowers attack
Stun Wind: 300 Lightning/Wind elemental damage, magical, adds Silence status
Spiral Moon: 400 damage, magical, lowers HP by 20%
Blaze Wall: 300 Fire elemental damage, magical
Cold Breeze: 300 Water/Ice elemental damage, magical, adds Snowman status
Ancient: 600 damage, magical, used only as a counter to Magic
Turn Wind: 125 damage, physical
Saint Beam: 270 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual, can be used as a counter to level 2/3 techs
"Fly Down": Changes his position on battle field; allows him to use Dragon Shout, Fang Rush, and Flare.
Dragon Shout: 250~ damage (he used it once and I missed the damage), magical
Fang Rush: 320 damage, physical (?)
Flare: 600 damage, Spiritual, forces him to go back to his original position
Power Up: Raises attack by 33%, used only when HP < 25%, and OPB
Protect Up: Raises defense by 33%, used only when HP < 25%, and OPB

Note: At HP < 50%, he blocks the 4 elements he switches through, meaning he absorbs Holy, Fire, Wind/Lightning, and Water/Ice

Comments: Nasty status whore with some stat down tricks, Ancient to counter Mages, and good damage in general. Pity Flare requires a bit of a pseudo charge time as otherwise it'd be mean. How does he compare to Arch Demon though? Well, essentially, they're the same guy, blocking different elements, and trading in Black Curse for Ancient counters. Hard to say whose better exactly, but regardless, a solid God Like.

Kevin's and Carlie's Route

Deathjester:
HP: 12000
Defense: 219
Weak to Ice/Water and Holy, Resists Fire and Dark (?), vulnerable to Turn Undead

Abilities:
Physical: 60
Holy Ball: 140 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual
Ice Smash: 140 Ice/Water elemental damage, Magical
Fireball: 140 Fire elemental damage, Magical (not sure he has this, assuming he does based off Ice Smash)
Diamond Missile: 140 Earth elemental damage, Magical (see above)
Air Blade: 140 Wind/Lightning elemental damage, Magical (see above)
Stun Wind: 285 Lightning/Wind elemental damage, Magical, Adds Silence
Cold Blaze: 285 Ice/Water elemental damage, Magical, Adds Snowman
Blaze Wall: 285 Fire elemental damage, Magical
Stone Cloud: 285 Earth elemental damage, Magical, suppose to add Petrify Status, but due to a bug, it does not
Death Roullette: Does 999 damage to a random target (including itself) if level of target is equal to or lower than the user, otherwise, 0 damage.
NOTE: All his moves besides his physical are a counter to Level 2/3 techs and Magic, and they all have an equal chance of kicking in.
NOTE 2: In game, Deathjester makes two "Copies" of himself, which are fake in everyway, nor can they receieve damage, except they can use a Physical (which they do rarely) which is suppose to confuse you. You can find the real Deathjester by finding the one that takes damage (or just by casting a Multitarget speed up the proccess), so whether you factor this into the DL or not is up to you.

Comments: Umm...well, his counters are nice, maybe? 2 of them bring Status, and one is potential instant death to a PC. But beyond that? PATHETIC. His non counter damage is some of the worst the game has, let alone his HP is worst of the 6 Rivals. He also doesn't have much of a chance against any boss even with his counters since their damage doesn't even 2HKO. Being weak to 2 fairly common elements isn't exactly friendly either, nor is being Undead. I'm...inclined to place him in Light, since its really easy to win by just NOT provoking his counters (his damage IS Evil Gaia level otherwise, and he lacks EG's speed and HP to boot), but something tells me I'm being a bit harsh.

Heath:
HP: 12000
Defense: 215

Abilities:
Physical: 1 damage!!! can be used twice
Marduke: 330 damage, Spiritual adds Silence status
Freya: 330 damage, Spiritual, adds Chibiko status
Jormungand: 370 damage, Spiritual, adds Poison damage
Note: Heath also randomly uses these summons as a counter 33% of the time to Magic and Level 2/3 techs
Black Curse: Lowers all stats by 33%, used only as a counter to Level 2/3 Techs and Magic 33% of the time
Heal Light: 547 Healing, used only as a counter to level 2/3 Techs and Magic 33% of the time. Usable OPB at HP < 25% as well.
Ghoul: 250 damage, spiritual, can only be used after Heal Light
Ghost: 300 damage, spiritual, can only be used after Heal Light
Holy Ball: 190 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual, can only be used after Heal Light
Ghost Road: 350 Dark elemental damage, Magical, can only be used after Heal Light
Saint Beam: 300 Holy elemental damage, Spiritual, can only be used after Heal Light

Black Curse adds about 45% damage to his magic, and makes his physical do a godly 50 damage.

Note: About Heath's Counters, they basically work like this:
11% chance of Marduke
11% chance of Freya
11% chance of Jormungand
6.6%% chance of Heal Light + Ghost
6.6%% chance of Heal Light + Ghoul
6.6% chance of Heal Light + Holy Ball
6.6% chance of Heal Light + Ghost Road
6.6% chance of Heal Light + Saint Beam
33% chance of Black Curse

Comments: Heath's got one fatal flaw; low HP> Its as low as Deathjester and he's fought later. Ouch! Flipside, though, unlike Deathjester, he has a lot of skills worth noting. Marduke kills Mages, Freya kills fighters, and his counters are brutal, 33% chance of effective parasitic healing, 33% chance to effectively double his damage, or a 33% chance to utterly destroy someone's stats. This probably makes Heath the ONLY other Rival besides Bigieu whose good enough for Heavy, if he had actual durability, he might pass as a low Godlilke.

Dark Lich:
HP: 49000
Defense: 233
Succeptible to Turn Undead

Dark Lich changes the background and thus his elemental affinities. Bubbles makes him Absorb Water, and Leaf Saber/Poison Bubble/Grenade Bomb's MP Healing now backfires. Dark Background makes him weak to Holy, and absorb Dark. Desert Background makes him absorb Holy and Earth, but weak to Dark. He starts off in the Dark Background. He can only use elements of whatever element he absorbs based on the Background.

Abilities:
Physical: 350
Dark Force: 213 Dark elemental damage, Magical
Hell Cross: 340 Dark elemental damage, physical
Leaf Saber: Allows him to heal MP on all his physicals, adds about 35 damage to his physical (raising it to 380)
Poison Bubble: 300 Tree elemental damage, Magical, recovers 18 MP, adds Poison status
Death Ecstacy: 465 damage, magical
Saint Beam: 250 Holy elemental damage, spiritual
Prisoner: 450 Holy elemental damage, spiritual, adds Moogle status
Ice Cradle: 350 Ice elemental damage, physical, adds Attack Down status
Deathspell: 999 damage if target's level < the Users, I tend to throw this out since end game levels are above 51 (he's level 50), IMHO, Dark Mode only
Hyper Cannon: 450 Earth elemental damage, magical, lowers evade and hit by 33%
Cold Blaze: 300 Ice/Water elemental damage, Magical, Adds Snowman
Rising Ball of DOOM!!: 210 physical damage
Ancient: I know he has this, but he never used it. Assuming about 400 damage, since I know its inferior to Death Ecstacy. Magical
Protect Up: Raises Defense by 33%, used only when HP < 25%, and OPB
Speed Up: raises HIt rate and Evade by 33%, used right after Protect Up only.

Comments: DAMN IT. For such a scrub in game, he translates well into a duel. Stat breaks, Prisoner, and decent damage, and not fail durability. Still the worst of the final bosses at least, and being undead leads to some funny victories (Garr comes to mind <.<) Godlike

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:55 PM »
Taken from a post in a recent SD3 LP because it seemed relevant:
Basically, the way level ups work is that you pick a stat to raise and it goes up. This would be fine if it weren't for the the fact that not all stats are created equally:

Strength: Influences physical damage. Obviously important for most of the cast

DexterityAgility: Influences the damage of some of Hawk's later spells. It also influences hit rate and evade, but that's not something you'll normally notice much-the only time Evade reaches any sort of appreciable levels is with a shield equipped, and that's only one subset of Duran's classes, and you're pretty much always going to hit. For anyone but Hawk, not worth raising. Hawk will later on need to raise this to learn his spells.

ConstitutionVitality: Influences defense by a small amount and HP gain by a small amount. In the long run, this is a useless stat to raise.

Intelligence: Influences damage and magic defense from all non-Holy elemental spells. For Angela, this is a key stat, both for damage and also to learn her moves. For everyone else, the magic defense gain is too inconsequential to concentrate on the stat for.

WisdomSpirit: Influences damage and magic defense for all Holy elemental spells, all summons, as well as the effectiveness of healing spells. This is a key stat for Carlie, of course, but also Angela early on and some of her later classes. As well, Duran and Kevin might want it later on, as they learn Heal Light, and any of Lise's final classes will want this for summon damage. One of the more important stats to concentrate on, depending on the team.

CharismaLuck: Supposed to raise the rate of critical hits. Crits are bugged and almost never happen. Also raises the chance of a trapped chest not murdering you. Obviously, not a stat worth concentrating on.

Now, a few extra notes:

The game won't let you raise the same stat over and over. Why, I'm not sure, but it forces you to diversify.

When you class change, your stats are set to the minimum for that class; which is to say, your previous class's caps. So, for example, Angela's (Magician) Strength starts at 2 and caps at 8. You're a smart person, so you concentrate exclusively on Intelligence, Spirit, and occasionally Vitality when the game won't let you raise the first two. By the time you class change at level 18, her Intelligence and Spirit are capped (12 and 11) and her Vitality is about halfway there (5), and you never touched her strength. As a, say, Delvar, her Strength will automatically be raised to 8, as well as her Vitality, but her Intelligence and Spirit will remain as they are, capped. The lesson to take from this is that there's no need to touch your unneeded attributes; they'll catch up well enough.

Some stat minimums are needed to learn spells for classes. This affects Duran, Hawk, and Lise. Kevin will never need to raise any stats to learn spells, and while Angela and Carlie technically have to occassionally, if you're not pumping Intelligence/Spirit respectively with them you're Doing It Wrong (tm). The stats needed to raise are as follows:
Duran needs a point of Spirit as a Gladiator.
Hawk needs two Agility and two Intelligence as a Ranger, one Intelligence and one Spirit as a Wanderer, five (!!) Agility as a Ninja, and one Dexterity as a Nightblade.
Lise needs one Intelligence as a Star Lancer.

So yeah, that's far more than you ever needed to know about Seiken Densetsu 3's stats.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
Actually, none of that stuff is overall meaningful because its covered in various ways here.

I appreciate you're trying to help, but all of that knowledge was known and used to make this topic.  I left out somethings like character defense because everyone hits 300 Defense end game (maximum), for example, and assumed just Max Stats for everyone (its just easier that way.  If you didn't, characters have very obvious focuses and the grand scheme is differences won't matter.  For example, no one is going to waste time in Luck, Angela has no reason to raise strength because if she's caught in a physical slugfest, she's going to lose for obvious reasons (Carlie at least has healing!), etc.)

Furthermore, a lot of those stats are just bases for what is already listed.  For example, knowing that Int "affects magic defense" is cool and all for gameplay, but in a stat topic like this, when Magic Defense is just listed, it doesn't really do much.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
You do a great job of listing things for endgame/duel information, but I'm just trying to start gathering some data for the PCs over time/team settings... mostly Nyarlie's Dungeon stuff.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »
Ah, fair enough I suppose.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 03:44:17 AM »
Status protection:  Saw this while randomly browsing GameFAQs.  Phexar contributes.

Cobra Earrings (immune to Poison): Bought by Hawkeye.  Also usable by females.
Windgod Bracelet (immune to Silence): Bought by Riesz.  Usable by everyone
Earth Bracelet (immune to Petrify): Bought by Riesz.  Usable by everyone
Snow Crystal (immune to Snowman): Bought by light Angela.  Only usable by her.

These are all rings so only one at a time.

Rune Master Angela doesn't get her unique blocker.  Instead she has the Fireblaze which supposedly would block a status that's been dummied out.  Worse, Blaze Wall and Fire Breath will still try to inflict the dummied status which will still cancel whatever status the target has.  As if Fire Breath needed to be even more useless.  Relevant for Angela since if she silences with Stun Wind, switching to Blaze Wall to tag a fire weakness is not good.

As for the effects on defenses for using a status blocker, due to the defense cap all that's lost compared to final equips are 2 magic defense for Cobra Earrings and Windgod Bracelet and 1 M. Def. for Earth Bracelet (and Snow Crystal).  Pretty neglible.

Evade determination:  Formula is 5 + (1.4 * DEX) + (0.5 * LCK) + equipment evade bonus for the evade value on the status screen.  Supposedly bugged and only uses the base DEX and LCK of the class but I'm inclined to ignore it for DL usage.

Stat buffs/debuffs

They modify the affected stats by a percentage which is not 1/3 across the board.  Physical attack and evade do use the 1/3 modifier.  At some point, I might test whether evade can exceed the normal cap of 60 though I suspect no.

Hit rate up/down is invisible and beyond my ability to get numbers for.  Don't bother asking.

Defense up/down alters defense by 1/5.  Still cannot exceed the 300 Def. hard cap.

Magic defense goes up or down by 1/5.  Though unseen, Spirit defense works the same way.

Magic effectiveness up/down is a bit more in-depth.  Lowering it makes spells cast on the victim 20% stronger before magic defense and any magic the victim uses will have its raw power reduced by 20%.  Magic effectiveness up (granted by Mind Up) has the opposite effect.  Spells are 20% stronger and any incoming magic is 20% weaker.  Throwing items and other DEX based skills are affected by this even though they're defended with physical defense.

Because power is modified by 20% before subtracting target's magic defense, final damage is affected by more than 20% in practice.  Using the 40% view as average with average HP of 683 and magic defense of 152, average magic damage will be 273, or 425 raw.  With either effectiveness up on target or effectiveness down on caster, raw power drops to 340.  Final damage falls to 188, which is about 31% less.

Star Lancer Riesz has it better since her Mind Up also includes the 20% magic defense boost.  Average magic drops to 159 on her, about 40% less than if the buff was not in place.  Also relevant in a team battle.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:58:17 AM by DragonKnight Zero »