Register

Author Topic: Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask (PCs)  (Read 3171 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask (PCs)
« on: December 22, 2007, 03:37:29 AM »
Alright, this isn't COMPLETELY finished, since I'm too lazy to test status odd and such (though I can tell you that from casual experience, they're pretty damn accurate), and the lack of Hatbot invokes Laziness on me making me unable to want to take averages <_< >_>

Anyway, Inuyasha uses a system akin to Wild ARMs FP, which is Energy. Basically, everyone starts the game wtih 0 Energy, however, unlike FP this CAN be filled up outside of battle, through storebought items no less from standard shops, so you could argue everyone starts with filled Energy. Also Energy built up in one battle does carry over into the next battle, instead of resetting altogether. Not sure where I stand on that right now, though. You could easily use the "FF7 Limits/FFX Overdrives can be kept between battles too and we don't allow them!" arguement against it, which is why I'd rather get 2nd oppinions on this first. Due to this, I'm holding off on giving character's actual rankings of characters.

Everytime someone acts, they seem to gain about 50 to 60 energy, when they get healed, they get about 10 Energy (fear?), and being hit seems to add about 25 energy or so. Hard to formulally test since the game is stupid and uses Bars and Stars to symbolize HP and such in battle, and such, though I'll try for more exact values later. Oh, also, being targetted with a status (as in, the move is used, whether it hits or not doesn't matter) DOES add to Energy, unlike WA games, so yeah, Energy builds somewhat fast. Whenever you hit 100 Energy, you get 1 Energy Star...for simiplicity sakes in this topic, when I say "Energy" I mean Energy stars, so no, you don't get 50 of one action after your first move if it costs energy.

Inuyasha also has 2 mains: Michiru and Kaname. The game default selection is the latter (who is female), and you only get one of them who you choose at the beginning of the game. The two are identical stat wise (well, Kaname has ONE LESS HP), but they have a few different moves, one of which is damage so matters for averages. For simplicity sakes, for non damage stats, I consider these two the same character (1 HP ISN'T CHANGING AVERAGES), so I'll be listing them under the name "Kururugi" which is their last name in stats. Feels a bit wrong to take identical stats on characters who are literal split paths of each other twice and such, though your milleage might vary.

Equipment...everything is universal, with some Gender Specifics with are Storebought and don't really alter stats enough, and there's 2 equips that Inuyasha and Shippo only can use but they aren't storebought and don't think there's enough to fill up their slots, so I left them off. For the most part, the stats aren't much, though, Inuyasha and Shippo's shared equips do boost Activity by 1 each, so it might end up mattering.

Also in this topic is listed the Temp (Try to guess who that is <_<)...from what I understand, in a very specific hidden ending (there are 11), available on Kaname's path only to boot, he CAN join at the exact end of the game for the final boss, making him sort of arguably a perm, though not completely sure on the situation. I am NOT factoring this character into the averages, since A. He's a temp and exists for a very small portion of the game (and you only have your main alongside him) and B. His stats totally wreck the averages beyond all reason. I'm mainly listing him for hype purposes and such <.<

Lastly, Weak Status...this is basically equivalent to FFX's Lag times and such. Inuyasha uses standard CTB and such, and some moves cause a Weak status. When this happens, the character is held up for about 10-20% of their turn, hard to make an exact estimate though.

Now for stats and such:
HP: Lose this, you die
Attack: Base for physical damage, listed solely for algorithmic purposes
Defense: Self explanatory. The game uses a basic subtraction system, so yeah.
Activity: The game's name for speed. Pretty much linear, so easy enough to figure out just how fast someone is
Mental: I *THINK* this is what is used for magic attacks. Not certain though, since I don't have the instruction booklet and FAQs fail
Spirit: I *THINK* this is magic defense. See Mental for reasons why I'm not sure.

Oh, also, enemies tend to fail at defensive stats (Similar to PS4), so take ITD and Defense lowerers as you will.

Kaname Kururugi:
HP: 265
Attack: 119
Defense: 88
Activity: 21
Mental: 58
Spirit: 88

Abilities:
Physical: 109
Raging Flames: 176 Fire elemental, magical, causes Weak status
Binding Blue Sky: Lowers enemies Activity by 50%
Blue Sky Purification: Full status healing
Blue Sky Calamity: UNDOES PLOT BARRIERS! Seriously, not sure if this plays any role in actual fights
Great River Offering: 60% Healing
Chaotic Flame: 230 Magic damage, Fire elemental (I think), heals user equal to damage done (I think; haven't been able to test this with actual HP Loss <_<), requires 1 energy
Protective Light: Increases Defense, uses 1 Energy
Great River Blessing: 100% Healing, uses 1 Energy
Grieving Flame: Deals Damage equal to damage taken throughout the course of the battle (as in, if taken 400 Damage total, it'll deal that much), then resets said value to 0, uses 1 Energy

Michiru Kururugi:
HP: 266
Attack: 119
Defense: 88
Activity: 21
Spirit: 88

Abilities:
Physical: 109
Raging Flames: 176 Fire elemental, magical, causes Weak status
Sealed Blue Sky: Adds Seal status
Blue Sky Confusion: Adds Confusion Status
Blue Sky Calamity: UNDOES PLOT BARRIERS! Seriously, not sure if this plays any role in actual fights
Great River Offering: 60% Healing
Grieving Flame: Deals Damage equal to damage taken throughout the course of the battle (as in, if taken 400 Damage total, it'll deal that much), then resets said value to 0, uses 1 Energy
Protective Light: Increases Defense, uses 1 Energy
Great River Blessing: 100% Healing, uses 1 Energy
Flame of Judgement: 362 Fire elemental, magical, requires 2 Energy

Inuyasha:
HP: 330
Attack: 162
Defense: 100
Activity: 20
Mental: 47
Spirit: 74

Abilities:
Physical: 152
Wild Tetsusaiga Swing: 260 damage, physical, causes Weak status
Wind Scar: 488 damage, physical, requires 1 energy to use, debatable Wind elemental
Backlash Wave: Puts Inuyasha in a stance where he counters all ST damage done to him with an attack that does about 600~ physical damage, hard to test given how enemies rarely attack him, requires 1 Energy to use
Ultimate Backlash Wave: 813 damage, physical, requires 2 energy to use, debatable Wind elemental

Note: Inuyasha is taken at level 31, since his EXP per level is a bit lower than the others, so figured that'd be a fair way to represent this.

Kagome:
HP: 241
Attack: 78
Defense: 75
Activity: 17
Spirit: 95

Abilities:
Physical: 68 damage
Bandage: 50% Healing
Arrow of Sealing: Adds Seal status
Aimed Shot: 120 damage, physical, ignores evade (I think), causes Weak status
First Aid Box: 100% Healing, causes Weak status
Cheer: Raises Attack, by how much its hard to say
Arrow of Purification: 370 damage, physical, possibly Holy elemental, requires 2 energy
Mighty Arrow: 667 damage, physical, possibly Holy elemental, requires 3 energy

Note: Kagome is the opposite of Inuyasha, in that she levels a bit slower than others, enough that it should cost her a level to me

Shippo:
HP: 189
Attack: 60
Defense: 71
Activity: 26
Mental: 60
Spirit: 83

Abilities:
Physical: 50 damage
Fire Bombs: 95 damage, physical, Fire elemental, causes Weak status
Fox Fire Defense: Raises Defense
Fox Fire Attack: Lowers Enemies Defense, note enemies typically fail at this stat so it means very little in game
Concentration: Raises Shippo's Attack by about 50%
Mushroom Illusion: Adds Confusion Status
Wheel of Fire: 165 damage, physical, fire elemental, adds Blind status at a fairly high rate, requires 1 energy to use
Smashing Top: 225 damage, physical, requires 1 energy to use

Miroku:
HP: 303
Attack: 110
Defense: 85
Activity: 18
Mental: 82
Spirit: 95

Abilities:
Physical: 100
Spirit Blessing: 90% Healing
Spirit Purification: Full status healing
Spirit Power: 157 damage, Magical, causes Weak status
Wind Tunnel: Instant Death, its either 100% or damn close, requires 1 energy
Spiritual Wind: Raises Activity by 50% (Kagome was a bit faster than Sango after it, so this is an estimate), requires 1 energy to use

Sango:
HP: 283
Attack: 137
Defense: 95
Activity: 22
Mental: 142
Spirit: 78

Abilities:
Physical: 127
Hidden Weapon Attack: 127 physical damage, seems to ignore Evade but not blind status
Hiraikotsu: 195 damage, physical, causes Weak status
Chain Attack: 137 physical damage, Ignores defense
Poison Powder: Poisons Enemy.  Poison in this game is 30% of targets MHP per turn (as in, doesn't totally fail)
Kirara: 300 damage, I think its magical, but hard to say, uses 1 energy
Multi Hiraikotsu Strike: 300 damage, physical, uses 1 energy
Hiraikotsu Triple Strike: 420 damage, physical, requires 2 energy to use

Sesshomaru:
HP: 777
Attack: 250
Defense: 250
Activity: 28
Mental: 250
Spirit: 250

Abilities:
Physical: 240
Poison Claws: 370 damage, physical, might poison enemies but its hard to tell given it OHKOs everything in game <_<
Dragon Strike: 740 damage, magical (I think), requires 1 energy to use

Stats:
HP: 268 (332)
(Sesshomaru 777)
1. Inuyasha 330
2. Miroku 303
3. Sango 283
4. Michiru 266
5. Kaname 265
6. Kagome 241
7. Shippo 189

Defense:
(Sesshomaru 250)
1. Inuyasha 100
2. Sango 95
3t. Michiru 88
3t. Kaname 88
5. Miroku 85
6. Kagome 78
7. Shippo 71
Average: 86 (107)

Activity:
(Sesshomaru 28)
1. Shippo 26
2. Sango 22
3t. Kaname 21
3t. Michiru 21
5. Inuyasha 20
6. Miroku 18
7. Kagome 17
Average: 21 (22)

Spirit:
(Sesshomaru 250)
1. Kagome 95
2. Miroku 95
3t. Kaname 88
3t. Michiru 88
5. Shippo 83
6. Sango 78
7. Inuyasha 74
Average: 86 (106)

(Sesshomaru's Poison Claw 370)
1. Inuyasha's Wild Tetsuiga Swing 260
2. Sango's Hiraikotsu 195
3t. Kaname's Raging Flame 176
3t. Michiru's Raging Flame 176
5. Miroku's Spirit Power 157
6. Kagome's Aimed Shot 120
7. Shippo's Fire Bomb 95
Average: 168 (193)

3 Turn Damage average:
(Sesshomaru Poison Clawx2 + Dragon Strike 1480)
1. Inuyasha Wild Testuiga Swingx2 + Wind Scar 1008
2. Sango Hiraikotsux2 + Kirara/Multi Hiraikotsu Strike 690
3. Kaname Raging Flame x2 + Chaotic Flame 582
4. Michiru Raging Flamex3 528
5. Miroku Spirit Powerx3 471
6. Shippo Fire Bombx2 + Spinning Top 415
7. Kagome Aimed Shotx3 360
Average Damage: 579 (691)
Average Damage per turn: 193 (230)

For 3 turn damage average, I was assuming 0 Energy at first and by turn 2, they'd gain 1 energy.

Full Energy Damage
1. Inuyasha's Ultimate Backlash Wave 813
(Sesshomaru's Dragon Strike 740)
2. Kagome's Mighty Arrow 667
3. Sango's Hirakotsu Triple Strike 420
4. Michiru's Flame's of Judgement 362
5. Kaname's Chaotic Flame 230
6. Shippo's Smashing Top 225
7. Miroku's Spirit Power 157
Average: 411 (451)

Note: Wouldn't take this average completely seriously.  Of the above attacks, Sesshomaru, Shippo, Miroku and Kaname are the only ones who can use that damage with any sort of frequency.  Inuyasha and Kagome are especially restricted in this regard, being 3 Energy attacks.  Sango nad Michiru are 2 energy moves.  I'd get 3 turn average damage with full energy factored in, but fuck if I can remember how frequent energy is gained, etc.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:50:50 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A