Register

Author Topic: Parasite Eve  (Read 1580 times)

Taishyr

Parasite Eve
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »
Info herein is Gourry's.

Some preamble-

Parasite Eve is a somewhat hard game to judge firmly. Aside from the traditional problems of assigning equipment in a single-hero game, there's also the matters of the PE bar and movement. Thus, there are some judgement calls inherent in taking stats for the game. For purposes of this, I've tried to disregard these as best I could. That said-

Stat meanings-
HP- yup
Cost- the fraction of the PE bar consumed
Offense- Attack Power
Defense- Defensive Power
P. Energy- as best as I can tell, affects how much PE is consume/strength of PE attacks. Probably also has an effect on PE recharge rates.
Stat Recovery- affects duration of statuses. Useless.
AT- Speed
Crit- Odds of evasion for 'close calls'. Useless, overall.

Aya
Level 33
HP- 621
Off- 33
Def- 33
P Energy- 33
Stat Rec- 33
AT- 30

Equips-
M9-3 (last gun found in museum before point of no return)-
Atk- 55
3 Shot, 2x Command
also tested Rocket Launcher
Atk- 128
Slows Aya (roughly 1/2)
Cm Protector (found in Warehouse)
Def- 37
PE resist- 48
Crit- 31

(damage tested on Raptors)
M9-3 Damage- 90 per turn. 180 with 2x Command
Rocket Damage- 130
Energy Shot- (at full PE, with M9-3)- appx. 400. Cost All remaining PE. Leaves Aya stunned
Liberate- appx 2800 damage (400 x7 hits). Cost all PE. Leaves Aya Stunned.
Haste- double AT and movement. Costs 1/6 PE
Slow- Slows target. Costs 1/32 PE. Reasonably effective
Confuse- Confuses target. Costs 1/32 PE. This didn't work for me. Either 1) Museum enemies are immune, 2) Hit % is utterly hideous, 3) PE confuse is negligible
Heal 3- heals 280 damage. Costs 1/3 PE
Medic- cures all statuses. Costs 1/4 PE
Full Recover- restore all HP and status. Costs 31/32 PE
Gene Heal- restores appx. 100 HP/Turn. Costs 1/4 to casts, continual drain of 1/5 per turn thereafter.
Preraise- revives after death, at appx. 1/5 HP. Costs 3/4 PE

PE restores itself, at the beggining of a fight, at a rate of approximately 1/9 per turn. This slows as a battle progresses, and PE regeneration is negligable after consuming the PE bar about three times. Revival or switching armor retriggers growth. The latter is, of course, not available in a duel.

In terms of Equipment, well, that's a matter of interpretation. Several armors that block a single status are available, but are generally worse than what I tested with. As I'd consider all Crysler Building items illegal, as well as Junk items, the M9-3 is about the best Aya should get, duel wise. Although, you could certainly disregard the 2x Command feature.
As far as movement goes, it basically serves as a dodge rate. In game, unhasted, at endgame, dodgeing isn't really that effective in PE. Hasted, Aya's evasion is a consideration, but otherwise, it blows.
Even in game, 90 or even 180 damage... isn't that great. Most enemies at endgame take a hell of a lot of bullets to put down. Based on general in game preformance, I'm inclined to take Aya's stats as utterly average, with a sub-par attack.
Thus, for all the variety that being in a solo game gives her, Aya is pretty much a 1 trick pony- Liberate. It deals a whopping 28 times her standard attack, roughly 4 times her endgame HP, and generally leaves any one enemy very, very hurt at the end of it, though not quite a OHKO to the remaining bosses. Still, after that hit, she loses about a turn being stunned, and it would take another 9 or 10 rounds to build up to another one. That's without healing. Overall, if Liberate doesn't get the job done, or damn close to it, Aya is screwed in a duel.

Eve
These stats are taken from her final form, the single target on the Statue of Liberty. I chose it over her preceeding one primarily to save a multi-target headache. As well, they're not really that different anyway.

Hp- appx. 3000
Takes 80% damage to Parasite Attacks

Arrow attack- 200 damage, adds Def Down. Untargetable 1 turn (ala Jump)
Physical- 270 damage, adds poison
Energy attack- 250 damage, adds Don't Move

I allow the possibility that my armor's anti-Parasite slant could leave these numbers low.
Eve, in general, is hard to hit, even when not untargetable. However, though her movement is quick, she pretty much goes blow-for-blow with Aya, if not a touch slower.
More or less, Eve is what one would expect, in terms of Hp and damage, for a boss in her stage of the game. The damage reduction and seeming evasion is nice, but Eve's really nothing special in a duel. (What makes her hard in game is Aya's non-existant PE, overall)

Well, that was... it was something, anyway.

CK Notes:

Things to add:

- BP notes.  BP is basically a secondary experience gained after battle, as well as at the end of each day.  Every 100 BP can be used to add one point to Speed or Item Capacity, or to customize the Attack, Range, Bullets, Defense, PE Resist, or Crit of equipment.  This, in large part, is why the physical numbers look so damned puny.
- Fair distribution of BP in a normal game.  If you're sane, you divide it equally between Attack, Defense, and PE Resist, and then Tool the bonus stats onto new equipment as you find it.
- Physical Damage using this system.  Which is the real goal of this exercise; to figure out just how godly Liberate really is.