Author Topic: Mother 3  (Read 2058 times)

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
Mother 3
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:37:13 AM »
From........myself >_>

Pretty simple stat topic. Didn't take more than 2 hours! The game can let you wail on enemies without fighting back allows for lots of easy in-game testings. Also, this is for people wonder who the hell is Lucas and why would he be in SSBB. >_> Anyhow, if you played Earthbound (or a Dragon Quest game for that was the foundations of EB), then most of the battle mechanics is familar ground. Standard turn based rules apply. As of right now, this topic is just the four permanent characters I guess now.

No, I have no idea if the IQ stat does anything as of the moment. No, I have no idea what to make out of the rhythmatic combo system. It basically works that you can deal extra damage with your physical by pushing the button with rhythm to the beat of the battle music. Sounds pretty cool. The problem with it is that it works at random and rarely if that. I'm not factoring at all right now. SMAAAAAAAAAASH hits happen around 10% and raise regular attacks by 50%.

Lucas: level 61

HP: 345
PP: 317
Offense: 230
Defense: 137
IQ: 67
Speed: 54

Lucas has better defensive equipment but it costs him quite a bit of PP. PP is more valuable than 15 points of defense IMO anyhow. One Defense up spell usually offsets that. Also, Lucas naturally reflects Lightning. If you played EB, then you can probably guess how.

Attacks-

Bash: 240
Bash after Offense Up: 290
PK Love Omega - 50 PP: 830 non elemental damage
PK Flash - 12 PP: Causes a multitude of status. It kind of works like Earthbound, but not as good as Ness' PSI Flash Omega. This version feels more around the EB Beta level, as in good chances of inflicting crying, confusion and rares chances of paralysis and ID. Later tests once I can understand some of the text. >_>

Supportive PSI-

Lifeup Alpha - 5 PP: Restores 70 HP
Lifeup Beta - 9 PP: Restores 130 HP
Lifeup Gamma - 16 PP: Restores all HP
Lifeup Omega - 28 PP: Restores 240 HP to the party
Healing Alpha - 4 PP: Removes one bad status
Healing Beta - 8 PP: Removes all bad status
Healing Gamma - 18 PP (MT version costs 56 PP): Removes status and revives with full HP
Refresh - 20 PP: 10% HP Regen for 5 turns
Counter Shield - 12 PP (MT version costs 28 PP): Cuts physical damage by 50% and reflects half damage back to the opponent
PSI Counter Shield - 18 PP (MT version costs 34 PP): Cuts magical damage by 50% and reflects half damage back to the opponent
Offense Up - 6 PP (MT Version costs 18 PP): Raises offense by 20%, then 8% more two more times.
Defense Up - 6 PP (MT version costs 18 PP): Raises offense by 20%, then 8% more two more times.

Comments: Well, first looks at him and you would probably say he's Ness without the obscene HP and PP. Damage is a bit better thanks to a lower damage curve, but Lucas is still pretty slow like his counterpart. A nice lasting game with full healing, BOTH physical and magical barriers, a nice physical after several Offense Ups and his big damage being half of that of Ness'. PK Flash can throw some unpredictable status in a long fight. The speed and overall status vunerability holds him back, but he's still a solid Heavy.

Kumatora: level 60

HP: 295
PP: 270
Offense: 168
Defense: 135
IQ: 75
Speed: 62

Like Lucas, Kumatora has PP over defense equips on here. It's only 9 or so points so it's no big deal.

Attacks-

Bash: 155
Bash after Defense down: 195
PK Starstorm - 48 PP: 700 non-elemental damage
PK Fire Omega - 40 PP: 360 fire elemental damage
PK Freeze Omega - 28 PP: 500 Ice elemental damage
PK Thunder Omega - 36 PP: Four strikes of 180 lightning elemental damage. Against one normal size enemy, only one strike hits on average. It usually hits all the time against huge targets. I mean huge ones, there's one boss that takes up the whole screen!
PK Ground - 43 PP: 5 unfocused hits, each hit does 5-10% of your max HP. This ignores PSI barriers and of course is ineffective against aerial targets.

Supportive PSI:

Lifeup alpha - 5 PP: Restores 70 HP
Lifeup beta - 9 PP: Restores 130 HP
Healing alpha - 4 PP: Removes one bad status
Magnet alpha - 0 PP: Steals 2~8 PP from the enemy
Hypnosis alpha - 6 PP: 80% Sleep
Paralysis alpha - 8 PP: 80% paralysis
Brainshock alpha - 7 PP: 80% Confuse
Defense down alpha - 7 PP: Lowers defense by 20% and 8% the second and third time.
Offense Down alpha - 7 PP: Lowers offense by 20% and 8% the second and third time.

Comments: Whereas Lucas was Ness-, Kumatora is more of a Paula+. Having Starstorm there is a huge plus, along with some (bad) healing. Status vunerable will eat paralysis and confusion at the same time before they can move thanks to how sleep works. Middling speed and bad durability hurts too much in the DL though. Probably an averagish Middle by today's standards. At least she's still the second best character in the game.

Duster: level 60

HP: 385
PP: 0
Offense: 200
Defense: 150
IQ: 50
Speed: 64

Duster can opt to lower his offense by 6 for 4 more speed if he wants. Again, not a big deal, but with a physical as his only offense he needs everything he can get. Duster also has a small chance of a quick first strike with a Kick before the battle begins. Tests go around 7/25 for me.

Attacks-

Kick: 210
Kick after tickling: 265

Supportive skills (Tools, can be used infinite times):

Wall Staple: 10% of stopping an enemy for 2-3 turns (it's really that bad.)
Siren Beetle: Makes the enemy turn around for one turn. Yes, this is utterly pointless and only useful for wasting turns or against total slugs in hopes of double turns.
Smoke Bomb: Causes uncontrollable crying. 40% hit rate.
Pendulum: 40% chance of sleep.
Scary Mask: 80% chance of lowering offense. (same has Kumatora's Offense down PSI)
Tickler Stick: 80% chance of lowering defense. (same has Kumatora's Defense down PSI)

Comments: Weird ass character. He's a fairly durable person with loads of inaccurate status, some stat downs, decent speed, and only has a physical for damage. Kind of reminds me of Nash only can take a couple more hits. I guess he kicks Cielo's ass though, huh. >_> I can't imagine him getting out of Light, but with all those recent NR punies you never know. Oh yeah, the guy is totally Grefter bait. (nevermind the whole game is Grefter bait)

Boney the Dog:

HP: 282
PP: Doglike (...okay, 0)
Offense: 180
Defense: 140
IQ: 53
Speed: 78

Attacks-

Bite: 190

Supportive Skills-

Sniff: Raises all stats by 999, gains invincible status and deals 5x damage to Suikoden characters except Suikodogs.

....Okay, all it does it reveil enemy weaknesses. ;_; I hope you're happy!

Comments: Can you see that damage? The awesome stat buffing? The fact that he can murder Luc like no one else can? ....Who am I kidding. Poor Boney doesn't really translate at all here. In-game, he's pretty much an item boy while everyone else attacks. The speed can get him out of total punihood, and I think he beats 4 out of the 5 Suikodogs and the Squirrels. Low Light.

Averages-

HP: 326.75
(385 - Duster)
(345 - Lucas)
(295 - Kumatora)
(282 - Boney)

Offense: 194.5
(230 - Lucas)
(200 - Duster)
(180 - Boney)
(168 - Kumatora)

Defense: 140.5
(150 - Duster)
(140 - Boney)
(137 - Lucas)
(135 - Kumatora)

IQ: 61.25
(75 - Kumatora)
(67 - Lucas)
(53 - Boney) The Dog is smarter than someone else!
(50 - Duster)

Speed: 64.5
(78 - Boney)
(64 - Duster)
(62 - Kumatora)
(54 - Lucas)

Damage: 482.5
(PK Love - 830 - Lucas)
(PK Starstorm - 700 - Kumatora)
(Kick - 210 - Duster)
(Bite - 190 - Boney)

Smashy

• Random Beep Generator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mother 3
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 10:08:01 AM »
Some random notes, now that a bunch of people are playing it...

Combos... Your mileage will vary.  I could barely hit any combos, some could hit 10+ all the time, etc.   First hit of the combo seems to be about 25% of a normal hit, and it keeps dropping from there.  Combo hits do appear to be able to SMAAAAASH.  From the few 16-hit combos I've gotten, it seems to be around double damage of a normal hit if you get the full combo (Someone who's actually -good- at combos, get a more accurate number).

Equip options:

- Kumatora and Boney have access to the (both storebought) Boing Ribbon (prevents forgetfulness) and Fairy Ribbon (prevents sleep)
- I assume Eph used Goddess Bustier for Kumatora's armor, which grants fire and ice resistance.  Lucas and Duster can use storebought Flame/Freeze/Thunder pendants to resist one of the big 3 for an 11 def loss.

About Duster's Siren Beetle: If Duster goes before his target and the beetle works, the target loses that turn and the next turn (when they turn back around).  Take that as you will.  Also, hitting an enemy in the back deals extra damage, for all your RPGmon hype.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 02:23:09 PM »
Since I said I'd do this...  Temp stats!  Since I'm still working on playing through the game again, all I have so far is Flint, so...

By the way, I'm going to be doing it in the form of Base Stats (+Equipment stats)

Flint - Level 22
HP:  199
Offense:  56 (72)
Defense:  37 (50)
IQ:  18 (18)
Speed:  19 (23)

Equipment:
Fresh Lumber: +16 Offense, -4 Speed
Flea Charm: +5 Defense
Ordinary Hat: +3 Defense
Aquarius Bracelet: +5 Defense

All tests done on the Titany enemy.

Physical:  ~80 damage (~200 for a full 16-hit combo)

Swing: MT Physical (no combo window)
Power Smash:  Physical at 5x power (~400).  Seems to have ~40% accuracy.  There's quite a bit of variance, since it's basically physical first, then multiplying that damage by 5 (on a non-integer scale).
Strengthen Up:  +20% (14) Offense.  Can only be used for one level above Flint's base.
    -> Physical:  ~100 damage.
    -> Power Swing:  ~500 damage.
Toughen Up:  +20% (10) Defense.  Can only be used for one level above Flint's base.

While this may seem like a high level, it's not completely unreasonable.  There's an enemy called "Soot Dumpling" near Lighter's House after it stops raining that has insane defenses (each hit only does 1 or 2 HP damage, nothing in the game can deal less than 1 damage with any damage move), but it only has 36 HP and gives 1000 EXP once it's dead.  This is Flint after beating 10 of those things (the song is pretty easy to combo to if you know what you're doing).  If 22 is too high for you, though...

Level 14
HP:  150
Offense:  56
Defense:  42
IQ:  13
Speed:  12

If Flint wants to give up 14 points in Offense, he can get 4 points in Speed.  If he just gives up 10, he gets 1 points in Speed for weapon options.

Also to note is that Flint CAN get a Better Stick which is 4 points better in Offense without the speed hit, but it only shows up in Thomas's Bazaar randomly, so some people might not see it.

Another equip option is the Manly Bandana.  If Flint cares to give up 2 Defense, he can gain 2 Offense.

I'll work on Salsa some other time when I don't have a job to focus on.

Edit:  Now for Salsa's first appearance!

Salsa - Level 15
HP:  106
Offense:  23
Defense:  13 (32)
IQ:  12
Speed:  31

Equipment:
No Weapon
Mosquito Charm: +7 Defense
Chick Bandana: +5 Defense
Pisces Bracelet: +7 Defense

All tests did on the Pigmask enemy.

Physical: 10 (~25)

Apologize:  Writes over the enemy's action with "X is hesitant" for 2-3 turns (including the turn used, if Salsa is faster).  ~2% Accuracy (enemies had a value of 20 in the resistance going on the same scale as the above)
Make Laugh:  Writes over the enemy's action with "X is cheering" for 2-3 turns (including the turn used, if Salsa is faster).  Seems to be about 50% accuracy for enemies that have a value of 70 in the resistance (where 0 means immune, and I THINK 100 is average).
Note:  Apologize and Make Laugh CAN stack with each other, and one starts when the other ends.
Monkey Mimic:  If Salsa is hit with physical damage, Salsa then performs that exact amount of damage on the enemy that hit him.

Dance:  Nightmare of interpretation.  Has a chance of raising a random ally's (including self) offense and defense by 20%, raising an ally's (including self) speed by 150%, lowering an enemy's (randomly targeted) offense, defense, or speed by 20%, making them turn around, or making them dance.  Note that same effects don't stack, so if an enemy already has their attack lowered by 20%, it won't be lowered again.
Making them dance stacks with Apologize and Make Laugh.  Turning them around halves their defense for the time they're hit while turned around.
Ally speed up:  ~10%
Enemy speed down:  ~6%
Ally Offense Up:  ~30%
Enemy Offense Down:  ~6%
Ally Defense Up:  ~28%
Enemy Defense Down:  ~12%
Turn around: ~4%
Lured into dancing:  ~4%

Then again, compare it to, say, Kumatora...

Kumatora - Level 15
HP:  110
PP:  81 (86)
Offense:  25 (34)
Defense:  19 (29)
IQ:  25
Speed:  21

Equipment:
Gloves:  +9 Offense
Magic Pendent:  +3 Defense, +5 PP
Scarlet Ribbon:  +2 Defense
Aquarius Bracelet:  +5 Defense

Physical:  30 (~75)
PK Fire alpha:  87
PK Freeze alpha:  170
PK Thunder alpha:  110

Lifeup alpha:  ~60 HP Recovery
Healing alpha:  One status recovered from (not incapacitated)

Offense down:  Same as above.

Averages:

HP:
Kumatora (110)
Average (108)
Salsa (106)

Offense:
Kumatora (34)
Average (28.5)
Salsa (23)

Defense:
Salsa (32)
Average (30.5)
Kumatora (29)

IQ:
Kumatora (25)
Average (18.5)
Salsa (12)

Speed:
Salsa (31)
Average (26)
Kumatora (21)

Damage (Allowing full combos)
Kumatora (PK Freeze alpha - 170)
Average (98)
Salsa (Physical - 25)

Damage (Only first hit)
Kumatora (PK Freeze alpha - 170)
Average (90)
Salsa (Physical - 10)

Salsa...  Is an interesting random factor in a duel, but he's...  Really bad.  I mean, his only damage is his physical, which gets PUNIED compared to even Kumatora's physical.  His skillset is FAR too random.  All he really has is Monkey Mimic, and that's if he isn't OHKO'd.  He's better than Jogurt at least, but not by much...  PUNY for him, at least he's a fun one.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:42:28 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Taishyr

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
Mother 3 boss stat notes! Will I complete this? Probably, if very slowly. >_>

Reconstructed Caribou

Vulnerable to Stun/Paralysis (Wall Staples). Took 110 damage from the Thunder Bomb (as opposed to 90 from a non-weak).
~500 HP.
Faster than Flint, slower than Duster (~15 Speed).

Reconstructed Caribou generated an intense burst of steam!: Charge up for the berserk move, as far as I can tell. I think once RC goes under 25% he can avoid using this move.
Reconstructed Caribou went berserk!: ~40 damage, MT.
Reconstructed Caribou attacked w/ antlers!: 30 damage, ST.

Flint L12, Boney L10, Duster L8
Avg. HP: 101
Avg. Defense: 28
Speeds: Boney 25, Duster 18, Flint 12
Damage:
Boney 22, Duster 16, Flint 35: total 73

Comments: If you let him avoid the Steam command (I'm honestly unsure whether it's like Rhapthorne's laugh but a lot more common, or if it's seriously a chargeup time), he probably makes Middle thanks to the durability. Otherwise, Light.