Register

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Full)  (Read 3685 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Full)
« on: August 28, 2008, 12:15:26 AM »
Alright, you know the drill, anyway, here's stats for FFMQ...minus Tristam (Don't have a file with him in your team a 2nd time)

Anyway, here's how I did it:
Both Kaeli and Reuben are Level 31, Phoebe is Level 34. So I took Benjamin's stats are both Levels. For Compensation, whatever Bonus' from Leveling up Benjamin got form the 3 levels, I add to Reuben and Kaeli's stats, since Growth seems very Linear, and that gives you a bit of Scaling. Tristam...yeah...

Anyway, if someone opposes to this Method of Scaling, well, I'll post the Modifiers between levels Benjamin Got, so youi can make adjustments yourself (In othewrorsd, subtract those stats from Kaeli and Reuben to get thier TRUE stats)

So yeah...what do the stat mean >_>
HP: Gee, I wonder
MP: Also Obvious. Note I'm listing 3 numbers. First is White Magic, 2nd is Black Magic, and 3rd is Wizard Magic, so yeah.
Attack: Stat which determines Physical Damage
Speed: Exactly what you would expect
Defense: Defense against Physical defense
Magic: Stat which determines Magic Damage
Evade: How well you dodge things
Accurracy: How well you hit things

Damage tests were made against Chimera's, a relativly end game enemy that all 3 NPCs have access to Fight. Note taht they are weak to Wind so its damage is Half the Listed damage. Also they are strong vs. Fire, so I tested on Dullahan the Spell Flare against Phoebe's White (Chimera's take less from Flare AFTER doubling damage than Phoebe's white Spell, which makes little sense, If you ask me, since everything else outside of Resistance takes more from Flare), and compensated that way

Benjamin: Good old Main Character you are suppose to name and wouldn't know his name if you didn't read the Instruction Manual and read the Prologue.

Equipment:
Excalibur (Dragon Claw)
Apollo Helm
Gaia's Armor
Aegis Shield
Cupid's Locket

HP: 1360
MP: 36/18/8
Attack: 222 (175)
Speed: 84 (79)
Defense: 122
Magic: 48 (53)
Accurracy: 92
Evade: 46

Benjamin Halves Fire (From Helm), Water/Ice and Wind Damage (Both from Armor). He's immune to all status effects from his game sans Instant Death. If your a stickler and think he's immune to only those specific ones, those are Silence, Confuse, Poison, Paralyze, Petrify, Blind, and Sleep

Excalibur gives Benjamin's best Raw Damage for a physical attack, and a nice +5 to Speed Bonus. Dragon Claw gives +5 to Magic, and inflicts every status effect in the book (from FFMQ anyway) besides Instant Death about 50% of the time. Obviously, which he wants is situational. After testing it MANY times, Dragon Claw is all or None, meaning it either hits every status affect on the enemy, or it hits none (BEFORE taking Immunity into account. Enemy can be immune to some, but still get hit with the others) It should be noted that Benjamin can switch weapons at will before turns, something only HE can do. So it MAY be legal for him to do so, take this as you will.

Abilities:
Attack: 824 (634, 50% chance of causing Silence, Confuse, Poison, Paralyze, Petrify, Blind, and Sleep)
Flare: 2103 (2148) Fire Elemental Damage, Wizard Magic
White: 1563 (1608) Non Elemental Damage, WIzard Magic
Meteor: 1833 (1878) Earth elemental damage, Wizard Magic
Aero: 784 (799) Wind Elemental Damage, Black Magic
Cure: Full Healing, White Magic
Heal: Recover from Any status Effect, White Magic
Exit: Removes enemy from Battle, White Magic (NOTE: Exit is NO DIFFERENT from Alex's Black Dragon Grief. Heck, it even ignores Instant Death Immunity (yes, Some BOSSES in Doom Castle die to it, like Stone Golem)Only reason I bothered to mention it was for those who DO allow BDG. By "Same thing" i mean it does the same "Any enemy killed in this fashion gives no Rewards" type ordeal, meaning its an Escape Spell. Take this as you will, I personally don't allow it

Evaluation: Not much to say, Benjamin is just plain great. Excalibur gives him games best Speed (with exception of MAYBE Tristam), Dragon Claw lets him be a status monster, and he's got games best Defense, not to mention many shots of Full Healing, and game best Damage. Though, he has games worst HP, which is interesting, but its not by much.

Kaeli: The Axe Wielding Daughter of Captain Mac who one would mistake as a Mage on first glance.

Equipment:
Giant's Axe
Steel Helm
Relica Armor
Magic Ring

Stats:
HP: 1400
MP: 39/19/0
Attack: 202
Speed: 83
Defense: 101
Magic: 63
Evade: 26

Kaeli is immune to Silence thanks to her Magic Ring, as well as is Immune to Petrify and Halves Water/Ice damage due to her Armor.

Abilities:
Attack: 740, does double damage vs. Worms, Trees, and Turtles
Aero: 814 Wind Elemental Damage, Black Magic
Cure: Full Healing, White Magic
Heal: Recovers Status, White Magic

Evaluation: Kaeli is a bit of wasted Potential, I feel. She has speed outdone only by Benjamin with Excalibur (and Tristam, I believe), as well as Solid Defense and lots of shots of full healing. What's her flaw? She lacks damage. While her damage isn't downright bad, it isn't good either. Granted, with her Healing, and Speed, she might be able to pass off with her Damage.

Reuben: The Morning Star wielding guy of Fireburg, who enjoys a good adventure.

Equipment:
Morning Star
Steel Helm
Flame Armor
Charm

Stats:
HP: 1440
MP: 34/0/8
Attack: 193
Speed: 73
Defense: 96
Magic: 49
Evade: 26

Notes: Ok, this is odd. Reuben when he first joins Resists nothing but Fire. When he joins a 2nd time, having the SAME EXACT EQUIPS, he has the same exact resistances as Kaeli, for some odd reason (and his Armor even says "He resists Fire) How to interpret This? I say he can have one of the 2 resists (either Fire OR Water/Ice Resistance + Stone/Silence Immunity) at a time. This is probably a glitch of some kind, considering that Reuben is the first character who joins DIRECTLY after someone leaves (Even Tristam 2nd time had a whole battle in between), so yeah, take this as you will.

Abilities:
Attack: 710, considered to be the same as an Axe (see Kaeli) for some reason...
White: 1570 Non Elemental damage, Wizard Magic

Evaluation: Rueben is pretty average. He has passable Damage, a bit slow, and about Average Defenses. Despite Popular Belief, he is FAR from Light Bait. His damage alone shows that. Whoever came up with the idea that Reuben isn't very good (if you ban Life, I'll get to that later) must never have bothered to check his Skillset when he joins you a 2nd time. Other than the Damage, he's totally owned by Kaeli in everyway unless you consider 40 more HP an advantage that matters >.>

NOTE: Stat Compensations made to Kaeli and Reuben are as Follows:
HP: +120
MP: +3 White Magic, +2 Black Magic, +1 Wizard Magic (if Said stat was 0, then I left it so, and it doesn't matter, since neither character has a magic of that type anyway (Kaeli has no Wizard Spells, Reuben has no Black Spells)
Attack: +6
Defense: +6
Speed: +6
Magic: +3
Accurracy: +2
Evade: +3

Phoebe: The Granddaughter of Spencer from Aquaria, and probably most famous character here only cause of the fact that she was the most often brought up in Chats...

Equipment:
Bow of Grace (Limited Shots, but considering she comes with 99, she's not running out any time soon)
Steel Helm
Mystic Robe
Ether Shield
Magic Ring

Stats:
HP: 1480
MP: 40/20/10
Attack: 115
Speed: 66
Defense: 61
Magic: 99 (o.o)
Evade: 32

Notes: Phoebe resists Water/Ice and Wind due to her "Mystic Robe". She's immune to Silence (Magic Ring), Blind and Sleep (Mystic Robe), and she's got another Elemental Resist taht I can't figure out. I've not seen her take less from any attack thus far, so I really can't say what it is *stabs Random Symbols in FFMQ representing Status and Elements*

Technically, Phoebe can use the Cat Claw, which randomly causes Paralyze and Poison status effect, but the damage is so pitiful its not worth it, and her Magic Stat is already maxed out as is (Unlike Tristam, Phoebe has gameplay Claim to the Cat Claw, that's her inntial weapon and she uses it til she gives it to Benjamin. Tristam being allowed Dragon Claw is just as legal as letting Jimba use the True Water Rune ), though probably not ever going to matter much when it comes down to it, but just remember its an option.

Abilities:
Attack: 427, 50% chance of causing Blind. Double damage vs. Flying enemies.
White: 2022 Non Elemental damage, Wizard Magic
Cure: Full healing, White Magic
Heal: Recover from Status, White Magic
Aero: 1000 Wind damage, Black Magic
NOTE: I can't get an exact Value on Aero cause of some strange reason. Its NOT listed in his Spellset, however, when on AI mode, she can use it at will, and she randomly does, and at the most random times, so I really can't get a value on it. This is just an estimate, to give you an idea how strong it is (it does around 2000 to those weak to it) Whether you allow it or not is up to you, but it doesn't change THAT much, considering its not her best damage

Evaluation: Phoebe fanboys, Bite me. What's this about Phoebe having Godly Speed? Looks to me like she's the Slowest Character of the 4 listed (and considering I'm almonst 100% sure Tristam is fastest...) characters. Yeah, she has games best HP, but its only 120 points above the worst, and she has games worst Defense BY FAR. Thankfully, her 2nd best damage (just a bit behind Benjamin) output, and healing help her out a bit. I hate to say it, but Phoebe in the end is just a variation of Rosa w/out Status. And no, I didn't leave any spells (Well, useful ones anyway), Phoebe simply put does NOT have every spell in the game (She misses out on Exit, Flare, Meteor, and Quake. Aero is just screwed up)

Stat Comparisons:
Damage:
(Benjamin w/ Dragon Claw 2146)
1. Benjamin 2103
2. Phoebe 2022
3. Reuben 1570
4. Kaeli 814
Average: 1627

HP:
1. Phoebe 1480
2. Reuben 1440
3. Kaeli 1400
4. Benjamin 1360
Average: 1420
Uhhh...yeah, HP is so close in comparison, does it really matter?

Speed:
1. Benjamin 84
2. Kaeli 83
(Benjamin w/ Dragon Claw 79)
3. Reuben 73
4. Phoebe 66
Average w/ Excalibur: 76.5 (75.25 w/out Excalibur)

Defense:
1. Benjamin 122
2. Kaeli 101
3. Reuben 96
4. Phoebe 61 *Sigh*
Average: 95
(wow, Reuben is above average, blame Phoebe for lowering the curse a bit)

Tristam will come when I get to him. As of now, I know a few things about him that'll I can say:
He's the only character with Instant Death Immunity
His damage when you had him was pretty sad, being aorund 300 when Benjamin is breaking 600 with relative ease using his Physical (He has White Spell already, so he breaks 1000 easily too). His physical damage is doubled against Flying enemies, like Phoebe.
His Weapon, Ninja Stars, randomly add the Poison status effect.
Supposedly, he has games best Speed, which sounds right, but then again, SUPPOSEDLY, Phoebe is a speedster and had every Spell in the game, which apparently, is false. So yeah, I'll get back to you on this.

Notes about Status in FFMQ:
Poison: Deals damage (yet to determine how much exactly) every turn
Blind: Lowers ACcurracy by a noticiable amount, about 50% reduction
Confusion: Character does totally random actions to totally random targets
Petrify: Usual "Fancy way of killing someone which you can be immune to" Status effect
Paralyze: Inflicted character can't do jack for a few turns
Silence: Character can't cast spells, to be honest, I've never been hit with this status, EVER (by the time enemies cast it on you, Benjamin has a Magic Ring already, most likly, and Phoebe comes with one as is, which makes only Reuben vulnerable, and the stretch of the game he is, he has no spells other than Life )
Sleep: Character stays inactive til hit with a Physical attack.

Alright, now there's an issue: The Life Spell.
This spell is one that ANY character can use (the 4 Temps all have it inniatially, Benjamin gets it from a chest like normal), and its affects are...quite drastic. Its more than a simple Full ressurecction Spell. It does 2 pretty evil things:
When Cast on someone Alive, it does Full Healing to them, like the Cure Spell (this means Reuben and Tristam have full healing)
When cast on the enemy, its Instant Death that NEVER Fails, outside of Immunity.

Question of allowing this spell or not is up to you, just remember characters change drastically, since it effectivly makes a cast of 5 variations of Tir Mcdohl (Eek!), all with over 30 shots of Full Healing, and all of whom are immune to Silence (Except Maybe Tristam) Not a pretty site if you ask me (and we thought PS4 cast was evil with how many characters rely on ID to get through )

On another note, about the Heal Spell. When cast on the enemy, it causes a totally random status affect of the 7 listed. Its hit rate is undetermined, since well, the game doesn't tell you when you hit a status affect, only when the enemy guards against it. I can test this a bit, but this is also something to consider being legal or not. Though, the affects of this particular spell aren't nearly as Drastic as the affects of the Life spell.

And thus, I'm done, for now, until I can get Tristam's stats. I might just be lazy, find his stats when he first joins you (when e's level 7) and then add his bonuses on to Benjamin's stats, but meh, that wouldn't be right, necessarily, so yeah...Tristam will have to wait.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Full)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »
Bosses and random stuff by Twil

Firstly regarding the previous posts.

Ben and Phoebe are also resistant to Thunder. This is attained by having both Water and Wind resistances.

The game is bugged and it doesn't fully reset the second character's stats and resistances when they change over. That you only saw this happen with Reuben is somewhat bizarre, since it happens with everyone. It's fixed by saving and loading anyway.

Tristam's Ninja Stars also cause Paralyze. In the same way that the Claws work (it tries for both Poison and Paralyze or neither, never seperately).

I'm not sure how you can take level 34 as endgame for Benjamin; I played through beating every enemy set in the game once only, and Exitting them if I was forced to go through them again (second trip to Alive Forest), and he ended up level 37. Not really important anyway...

Hm, and as far as I'm aware the Mega Grenades can't miss, so there's an option for him for incredibly evasive people.

Life is only ID in the US version. It's No Effect to most things in Euro/Japan and full 'healing' (death) to undead.

Now for something completely different. Magic damages.

All magic has a base and an increment. The increment is how much power gets added to the base per point of magic. Magic is subtractively resisted by the enemy's magic score, by 1 per point.

In order of base power...
Quake: 65 Base, 9 Increment
Fire: 95 Base, 3 Increment
Blizzard: 245 Base, 3 Increment
Thunder: 380 Base, 3 Increment
Aero: 620 Base, 3 Increment
White: 1100 Base, 9 Increment
Meteor: 1445 Base, 9 Increment
Flare: 1640 Base, 9 Increment

Yes, Fire fails, with only needing 6 Magic for Quake to outdamage it (against one enemy). And Ben starts with 10. Needs 31 for Quake to outdamage Blizzard, though...!
The Wizard-class magic Thunder being worse than the Black-class magic Aero is plain wierd. Whatever.

And onto the crux of the post. Bosses. Leaving the Behemoth out because it really doesn't count. Using Claws for all magic damage once they become available, for all the little they add.

MQ Elemental Resistances consist of Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Drain, and Damage. Interestingly enough, of all the drain-elemental attacks I saw ingame (one), it didn't actually drain hp (Although, if you turn the resist on, HP IS drained in reverse). I put this down to lousy programming. I assume that there are some games that have wierd elements like drain and damage (SaGa or something?) so I have labelled attacks as such. Never ended up figuring out what the 5th resist on the status screen was though...

And Weaknesses are Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Thunder, Zombie, Axe, Bomb, and Shoot. Zombie attacks are healing versus undead.

Multiply-hitting attacks tally up the total attack power first then take defence off once, as opposed to taking it into account on each hit.

Minotaur
This is the evil tree I was talking about.

HP: 240
Slow

Scream: 7 Nonelemental, Defence Break by 10, theoretically can stack up until stat would become negative
Axe: 17 Damage-elemental
Roundhouse: 37 Damage-elemental

Avg Party HP: 120

Ben
Steel Sword: 20

Kaeli
Axe: 30

4HKO damage! Also a godly defence break that can make it 3HKO, assuming you don't count the defence break as a hit itself. I guess it'd be Light then.

Flamerus Rex
I have the power of the Crystal of Earth!

HP: 2200
Average speed
Weak against Zombie
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Poison

Bone Missile: 76 Nonelemental
Twin Fang: 80 Nonelemental. Two attacks, 57 power per hit. 2 normally land.
Chew Off: 115 Damage-elemental
Rip Earth: 181 Earth-elemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget
Sleep Powder: 50% Sleep
Poison Flour: 50% Poison

Avg Party HP: 340

Ben
Bomb: 192
Quake: 295
Cure: 304

Tristam
Ninja Star: 132

2HKO damage is a bit more like it, assuming it's only fighting one opponent anyway, otherwise Rip Earth will lose focus. Sleep and Poison are both relatively failure statuses so they're not really helping it. Relatively nice HP though as you'd hope from the first major boss. High light to low middle? Ranking is not my strong suit.

Also falls in one hit to Life, unless you live in the 'states where the kill-nigh-everything spell manages to have no effect on one of the few enemies it SHOULD kill. Madness.

Squidite

HP: 2500
Slow
Strong against Earth
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep

Electrapulse: 1 Nonelemental, Magic Break by 25
Sucker Stick: 63 Drain-elemental, Forced multitarget
Blackness: 75 Nonelemental, 50% Blind
Choke Up: 188 Damage-elemental
6 Pseudopods: 200 Damage-elemental. 6 attacks at 50 damage each, 4-6 normally land.

Avg Party HP: 600

Ben
Bomb: 202
Fire: 140

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 298
Fire: 206
Thunder: 491

3HKO damage if it's lucky/against unevasive people. Sucker Stick might be a bit more effective than currently listed if it's an unfocusing attack but I forgot to check... not its best damage even then, though, and the fact it doesn't drain as you might think it does makes it not worth worrying about. Blind isn't helping it. Guess it hangs out in Light with the Minotaur.

Snow Crab

HP: 3000
Weak against Axes
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Poison

Giant Blade: 200 Damage-elemental
Full Nelson: 213 Damage-elemental
Icy Foam: 263 Water-elemental
Tornado: 263 Wind-elemental
Stare: 100% Confusion

Avg Party HP: 620

Ben's Damage
Bomb: 202
Axe: 382
Quake: 340

Phoebe's Damage
Bow of Grace: 298
Fire: 235
Thunder: 520

Weakness to axes is pretty bad for it. On the other hand it has nice Confusion, which is actually a fairly evil status for a change, and some elemental damage. Still 3HKO, but not as borderline as Squidite's. Reckon it's probably still Light, though? Increase in HP is countermanded by the axe weakness and lower magic resistance.

Ice Golem
You think you're a knight, huh?

HP: 6500
Below Average Speed
Strong against Earth, Water
Weak against Fire
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison

Mega Punch: 201 Damage-elemental
Axe Bomber: 207 Damage-elemental
Stomp Stomp: 291 Damage-elemental
Ice Block: 322 Water-elemental
Snowstorm: 636 Water-elemental, Forced Unfocusing Multitarget, Heals self for 200, below 3/8 mhp only
Hypno-sleep: 100% sleep

Avg Party HP: 680

Ben
Jumbo Bomb: 402
Fire: 498

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 300
Fire: 606
Thunder: 474

Hideously powerful Snowstorm, provided it's only fighting one opponent. Unfortunately it's limitted to low HP. And also is water-elemental. Heals him, though...! faiilure healing, but healing nonetheless. Also has a lot of durability. Other damage is good 3HKO to okay 3HKO depending on whether the opponent resists water or not. Very good sleep chances, but sleep is worthless so... Fairly Middle, I guess.

Jinn

HP: 6000
Below Average Speed
Strong against Fire
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Silence

Dragon Cut: 276 Damage-elemental
Fire: 300 Fire-elemental
Beam: 318 Nonelemental
Flame Pillar: 542 Fire-elemental, Forced unfocusing Multitarget
Hypno-sleep: 100% sleep

Avg Party HP: 940

Ben
Mega Grenade: 590
Quake: 526
Thunder: 601

Reuben
Morning Star: 642

Flame Pillar is good for use against one, non-fire-resistant opponent. Still only just 2HKO'ing, though. Beam meanwhile is barely managing to 3HKO. Less HP than the Golem but against stronger attacks spell mild disaster for its durability as well. Low Middlish.

Medusa

HP: 6500
Fast
Strong against Water, Wind & Thunder
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Poison, Silence

Poison Snake: 116 Nonelemental, 37.5% Poison
Para-snake: 229 Nonelemental, 37.5% Paralyze
Screechvoice: 244 Nonelemental, 37.5% Confusion
Snake Head: 270 Damage-elemental. 6 Attacks at 70 power each. About 5 normally land.
Stone Gaze: 75% Petrification

Avg Party HP: 960

Ben
Mega Grenade: 592
Quake: 366
White: 1401

Reuben
Morning Star: 644

Medusa's name is status. Also, horrendous damage. But... petrification in MQ is an instant win, so she's pretty well off there until she comes up against the petrify-immune. Durability is nothing to phone home about but her game plan is to just stare people into submission. Else she can try for Paralyze to try and give herself time to rack up damage, but the chances of it aren't too good. High Middle/Low Heavy? Not sure how widespread petrification resistance is.

Dualhead Hydra
It's the end of the line for you!

HP: 14000
Below Average Speed
Strong against Fire
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison, Silence

Para-breath: 275 Nonelemental, 50% Paralyze
Poisonbreath: 327 Nonelemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget, 50% Poison
Fire Breath: 649 Fire-elemental, Forced multitarget

After dropping below 50% hp, his attack set is replaced with the following, and remains so even if healed.
Thunder: 339 Thunder-elemental
Scrunch: 369 Damage-elemental
Stone Gas: 100% Petrify

Avg Party HP: 1040

Ben
Mega Grenade: 503
Quake: 417
White: 1452

Reuben
Morning Star: 555

Starts off with some good 2HKO damage. And for once, it doesn't unfocus on attacking several opponents. Still Fire-elemental, though. Assuming that he manages to get taken down to half health, then his 100% Petrification comes into play. Damage loses out in this trade, however. Certainly Heavy, I'd think.

Gidrah

HP: 13000
Fast
Strong against Fire
Weak against Wind
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Poison, Silence

Three Heads: 272 Damage-elemental. 3 attacks at 185 power each. 2 normally land.
Tornado: 461 Wind-elemental
Quake: 566 Earth-elemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget
Para Gas: 70% Paralyze
Stone Gas: 100% Petrify
Counters non-lethal attacks with Poison-touch (100% Poison)

Avg Party HP: 1240

Ben
Giant's Axe: 685
Aero: 1660
Quake: 622
Meteor: 1927

Kaeli
Giant's Axe: 701
Aero: 1726

His counter is so horrifying.
Another boss who relies on making statues of the opponent. Takes much higher damage than the Hydra, though, and has less hp to back it up. And only has 3-4HKO damage to back it up, resistances wiling. Nice chance to paralyze though. Lower Heavy than Hydra, but still Heavy.

Dullahan

HP: 14000
Slow
Strong against Fire
Immune to Fatal, Petrify

Rapier: 457 Damage-elemental
Thunder Beam: 519 Thunder-elemental
Headoomerang: 774 Damage-elemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget
Doom Dance: 33% ID. 298 Nonelemental on nullifying ID (only if the ID was going to connect otherwise).
Hypno-sleep: 70% sleep

Avg Party HP: 1280

Ben
Giant's Axe: 695
Aero: 675
Meteor: 1776

Kaeli
Giant's Axe: 691
Aero: 717

Headoomerang manages to be a great ST attack with an assumedly increidbly rare resistance, for a change. He can also just try for ID. On the other hand he's vulnerable to most status and doesn't really have great durability. High Middle, I suppose.

Pazuzu
Prepare to meet your doom!

HP: 25000
Average Speed
Strong against Earth
Weak against Wind, Shoot
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison, Blind

Stone Beak: 244 Nonelemental, 50% Petrify. If Petrify hits no damage is done.
Sky Attack: 458 Damage-elemental. Forced multitarget
Piledriver: 534 Damage-elemental
Windstorm: 534 Wind-elemental
Hurricane: 542 Wind-elemental

Psychshield: Enables magic reflection. Free action before other action, effect ends directly before second subsequent action.
Psychshield becomes available on the 5th action. Magic reflected with Psychshield does damage to the attacker equal to the damage that would have been done.
For the action Psychshield is used preceding, Pazuzu's speed falls to Extremely Slow.

Avg Party HP: 1340

Ben
Excalibur: 805
Aero: 1551
Flare: 2103

Kaeli
Giant's Axe: 681
Aero: 1587

A lot of 3HKO damage. 50% Petrify. If the battle lasts long enough, he can break out the Psychshield to give himself magic immunity most of the rest of the battle. Really nice HP, but doesn't like his weaknesses that make it not matter as much as it might. I'd say Heavy, but probably not as heavy as the Hydra.

Skullrus Rex

HP: 10000
Very Fast
Weak to Zombie

Twin Fang: 890 Nonelemental. 2 attacks at 500 power each. 2 normally land.
Quake: 925 Earth-elemental. Forced unfocusing multitarget.
Poison Flour: 61% Poison
Sleep Powder: 61% Sleep
Stone Gas: 61% Petrify

Avg Party HP: 1460

Ben
Excalibur: 730
Cure: 560
Aero: 800
Flare: 2225

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 280
Cure: 824
Blizzard: 632
White: 2081

HP fails. Speed and damage don't. He wants to either Petrify someone before they get too many turns or to overwhelm them with damage, assuming they don't resist his Quake and aren't lucky enough to dodge one of his fangs constantly. Heavy.

Stone Golem

HP: 10000
Very Fast
Strong against Earth, Fire
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Poison

Thunder: 238 Thunder-elemental
Stone Block: 843 Nonelemental
Corrode Gas: 30% ID. 874 Nonelemental on ID hitting but being nullified.
Stare: 61% Confusion

Avg Party HP: 1460

Ben
Excalibur: 812
Aero: 682
White: 1567

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 362
Blizzard: 514
White: 1963

Similar to Skullrus. But Stony doesn't have Petrification, only a low chance of ID. 2HKO non-elemental damage however. Also Heavy.

Twinhead Wyvern

HP: 15000
Very Fast
Strong against Fire
Weak against Water, Wind, Thunder
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison

Para-breath: 351 Nonelemental, 30% Paralyze
Poisonbreath: 404 Nonelemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget, 50% Poison
Fire Breath: 713 Fire-elemental

After hitting 50% HP, Attack Set changes to:
Bite: 548 Damage-elemental
Tornado: 654 Wind-elemental
Thunder: 691 Thunder-elemental

Avg Party HP: 1480

Ben
Excalibur: 830
Aero: 1602 (w/Dragon Claw)
Meteor: 1890 (w/Dragon Claw)

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 370
Blizzard: 1260
White: 2007

Major letdown from the Hydra. Trades in Stone Gas and Scrunch for Tornado and Bite. It was not a good trade. Nothing really worthwhile after half mhp, so he really doesn't want to lose too much... and he doesn't have a lot of it. Probably still Heavy, just not an overly good one.

Zuh

HP: 20000
Very Fast
Strong against Earth
Weak against Wind, Shoot
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison, Blind

Psychshield: 1 Nonelemental. May be multitargeted.
Doom Dance: 51% ID. 417 Nonelemental on ID connecting but being nullified.
Piledriver: 650 Damage-elemental
Hurricane: 657 Wind-elemental
Sky Attack: 1010 Damage-elemental, Forced unfocusing multitarget

Psychshield - Same as Pazuzu's. Note that the attack Psychshield is something different (probably a bug).

Ben
Excalibur: 825
Aero: 1724
Flare: 2282

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 825
Blizzard: 680
White: 2129

Fairly-reasonably-chanced ID. Massive damage with Sky Attack. Psychshield, eventually. Reasonable HP for a clone boss. Heavy.

Dark King

Welcome to the power of Darkness!

HP: 40000
Average speed
Strong against Earth, Water, Wind, Thunder
Immune to Fatal, Petrify, Paralyze, Sleep, Confusion, Poison, Blind, Silence

Form 1 Attack Set

Dark Cane: 540 Damage-elemental
Para-Stare: 80% Paralyze
Iron Nail: 1 Nonelemental, Defence Break by 25, stacks until stat would become negative
Spark: 1 Nonelemental, Attack Break by 25, stacks until stat would become negative

Becomes Form 2 at 36000 HP
Form 2 Attack Set

Quake Axe: 460 Damage-elemental, Forced multitarget
Cure Arrow: 460 Shoot-elemental, heals self for 1000 (Healing over 36000 HP does not change back to Form 1)
Mirror Sword: 500 Damage-elemental
Ice Sword: 604 Damage-elemental
Fire Sword: 700 Damage-elemental
Dark Saber: 820 Damage-elemental

Becomes Form 3 at 20000 HP
Form 3 Attack Set

Golden Web: 460 Nonelemental, 100% Petrify (Damage not done on successful petrification)
Silver Web: 540 Nonelemental, 100% Poison, 100% Confusion
Mega White: 604 Nonelemental, Forced multitarget
Spider Kids: 764 Nonelemental
Lazer: 860 Nonelemental
Mega Flare: 900 Fire-elemental

Becomes Form 4 at 7000 HP. Form 4 is a cosmetic change only.

Ben
Excalibur: 800
Aero: 201
Flare: 2069

Phoebe
Bow of Grace: 340
Fire: 317
White: 1916

Also
Ben's Cure: 15136 (Phoebe's Cure heals him)

His game plan probably consists of stat breaking as much as possible in Form 1, then trying to win in Forms 2-4. He can also apply Paralysis in Form 1 to give himself more time to stat break, assuming the opponent doesn't immune it. Form 2 he can either stall with Cure Arrow or just attack with Dark Saber; none of his weapons are natural-elemental despite the names.

Assuming he hits form 3, he can try for an instant win with his Petrification, otherwise he can fall back on Mega Flare/Lazer. He also has 100% confuse in Silver Web, and poison despite its uselessness could rack up some nice damage in a fight as long as this.

Clearly Godlike.

How you take Curing him probably affects this. Personally I'd say it's a glitch and discount it, since Phoebe can't hurt him with Cure.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:17:55 AM »
Tristam Stats from what was actually an earlier post by me being posted later cause I missed it and...uhh...yeah, just Tristam stats by me, that's all that matters <_<;

I finally got around to getting Tristam's stats. He's at level 23 when he rejoins, so, I listed Benjamin's stats at level 23 and his equipment at the time Tristam Leaves. Anyways...here are the stats...

Tristam:
HP: 1120
Defense: 50
Speed: 80
Magic: 31
Accurracy: 86
Evade: 20

Equipment:
Ninja Star
Moon Helm
Black Robe
Charm

NOTE: Tristam's Ninja Star causes poison status 50% of the time. Moon Helm lets him resist fire, Black Robe makes him immune to Instant Death (only character who guards that status!)

Abilities:
Attack: 320

Benjamin (Level 23):
HP: 920
Defense: 84
Speed: 57 (62 w/ a Sword)
Magic: 37 (42 w/ a Claw)
Accurracy: 86
Evade: 30

Equipment:
Mega Grenade/Giant's Axe/Knight Sword/Charm Claw
Venus Shield
Noble ARmor
Moon Helm
Magic Ring

At about this time, Benjamin does within the 600 range with his Physical (Giant's Axe anyway) By end game standards, Giant's Axe does about 700 or so. So scaled up, Tristam shouldn't do much more than 400 (meaning he really lacks any form of good offense)

So, how does Tristam look? well, he OBVIOUSLY lacks damage. His defense is pretty sad too. A fun parrallel is that the higher defense a character has, the Lower HP. Benjamin has game best defense, and thus, game worst HP, followed by Kaeli whose 2nd in defense, and 2nd worst in HP. Likewise, Tristam and Phoebe are best in HP, but worst in defense (Scaled anyway) Mind, the Defense > the HP, obviously. However, Tristam's speed is INSANE. He beats Benjamins end game Speed w/out a sword, scaled, he should max it by end game. Oh, like all characters, Tristam has that evil spell Life (full healing when cast on self, or ally, Instant Death when cast on the enemy)
If you allow Life to work, he's basically Alys Bragwin who gets ESPECIALLY screwed by instant death immunity (no interesting tricks to fall back on like she does) with a good amount of shots of full Healing (don't have his MP amount, but it should be enough to last him) W/out Life...pity him, since beyond his speed, he's pretty sad for damage, even with Poison Factored in.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »
Data mined info on ffmq:

Benjamin gains 40 HP, 2.5 attack, 2 Def, 2 Speed, 1 Magic, and 0.5 accuracy per level.

Levelup formula seems to be (13*(currentlevel^3) + 61 * (currentlevel^2)).

Damage formulas seem to be:
Physical attacks: ((Att*4)-def)*weakness/split
Black magic: ((Pow*4)+(Mag*3)-def)*weakness/split
Wizard magic: ((Pow*6)+(Mag*9)-(def*2))*weakness/split

Pow is the spell's power; split is the number of monsters it's split among.

Spell powers:
Thunder: 44
Fire: 63.5
Blizzard: 101
Aero: 176

Quake: 125
White: 210
Meteor: 255
Flare: 300

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »
Does it split even on the auto MT spells?

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
Yes. And on Bombs too!

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 05:44:44 PM »
Well that's just... great.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 07:56:33 PM »
That would be why Quake does less than Fire in most circumstances despite the algorithms:

Quake is constantly hitting multiple targets (let alone resisted by anything with a floating sprite), Fire and Blizzard can be Single Target. 

In the case of White/Meteor/Flare, they have mults so high than the whole Forced MT thing doesn't really compromise their damage much (only Aero can compete in this regard, and mostly because late game enemies are weak to it not too uncommonly)

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:37 PM »
Black magic: ((Pow*4)+(Mag*3)-def)*weakness/split
Wizard magic: ((Pow*6)+(Mag*9)-(def*2))*weakness/split

When I ran numbers on this aways back, the singletarget magic got multipliers of 3 and the multitarget magic got multipliers of 9, it wasn't split along class lines (i.e. Quake (Black) had a multiplier of 9, Thunder (Wizard) had a multiplier of 3).

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 05:06:50 AM »
I'm just collecting data from around the net. If you ran the numbers yourself and are sure of them, I'll take your word for it.

Also found this:
Cure: MT healing (user's Mag*1.5+50)% of target's maxHP