Author Topic: Legend of Legaia (PCs)  (Read 2390 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Legend of Legaia (PCs)
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »
From Unoriginal

Levels are 35, and stats take their ultimate equipment into account. All damage figures are against (Final)Cort, and it should be noted that all values are approximate.

Def- As with Legaia 2, I've taken the average of the two defense values and have rounded fractions up.

I'm not going to bother listing the regualr equipment, as there is no reason to use lesser equips in this game(and there's only so many times I'm willing to type in Ra-Seru XXXX before snapping). Accesories, on the other hand, will be listed.

Characters may use a turn to Charge. Charging gives about 33 AP, cuts physical damage in half, cuts special/magical damage to about 1/3 of it's original value, and adds enough space in the move bar for about two more attacks(the bar resets to it's original size after an attack, requiring another charge to increase it again). AP is also gained as damage is recieved, as far as I can figure, the rate's about 1 AP per 15 damage taken. A small amount of AP is gained at the start of every turn as well.

The only naturaly gained spells are recieved when a character raises their Ra-Seru to it's max level. Said spells are listed at their Lv2 power level, as they're gotten so late in the game you don't get much time to level them. If you wish to allow them at full power, Gourry has the relevent damage figures later on in the thread.

Just realized that I didn't mention this clearly when I was first making this topic, but each character has an elemental affinity. I don't remember if this has any defensive benifits(as it's been two years since I've played it as of this note), but the characters' physicals are at least partialy of the element the character is attuned to. For example, an enemy who immunes Fire damage will also partialy reduce Vahn's physicals, but not null them entirely. I am not sure what percentage of the physical attacks are elemental, but I'd have to guess it's in the 25-50% range based on my really faded memories.

Vahn
Fire
HP: 2351 (2138 base)
MP: 360
Att: 470
Def: 308
Spd: 219
Int: 227

Mei's Pendant*- +10% MHP
Mettle Gem**- AP costs down 50% (effect not shown, as this one's a bit iffy)

Inferno: 4500 240 MP MT
Vahn's Craze: 3170 99 AP requires charged move bar
Rolling Combo: 1950 66 AP requires charged move bar
Tri-Sommersault: 1500 60 AP

Notes: Yet another silent hero. Average-ish stats, and all of his damage is at least partialy Fire element, which isn't a good thing.

Noa
Wind
HP: 2362 (1890 base)
MP: 298
Att: 460
Def: 306
Spd: 251
Int: 208

Minea's Ring*- +25% MHP
Rainbow Jewel**- Resist all elements (I'd assume it's about 50%)

Queen Twister: 4500 240 MP MT
Noa's Ark: 3400 99 AP requires charged move bar
Tough Love: 910 30 AP
Love You: 1950 72 AP requires charged move bar
(Note about the "Love" moves: They inflict 100% Charm, even if the attack is blocked)

Notes: Charm is a rather nasty status, as under it's effects the victim will either stand there and do nothing, attack his/her allies, or use benificial effects on Noa and her allies. The victim will *not* strike themselves, so they can't knock themselves out of it. Getting hit will dispell Charm, but there's nothing stopping Noa from using a Charm inflicting attack, which will place the victim right back into the Charm status. Minea's Ring, if allowed, saves her from having the cast's worst HP. All of Noa's damage is at least partialy Wind element, not a good thing, but it's not as commonly defended against as Fire or Lightning.

Gala
Thunder
2268 HP
423 MP
Att: 496
Def: 321
Spd: 183
Int: 249

Spirit Jewel**- MP costs down 25% (effect not shown, like the Mettle Gem, it's a bit iffy)
Vitality Ring***: Raises Agility by 20%

Voltigar: 4675 240 MP MT
Biron's Rage***: 3490 99 AP requires charged move bar
Neo Static Rising***: 2500 66 AP requires charged move bar
Heaven's Drop: 1800 60 AP requires charged move bar
Explosive Fist/Thunder Punch: 2340 80 AP requires charged move bar
Lightning Storm/Black Rain: 1780 64 AP

Notes: As with the other two his attacks are at least partialy elemental, Lightning in this case.

Accessory notes
*- These are gained in cutscenes, with the item in question being handed directly to the equiped character.
**- These are picked up during a dungeon where the party splits up and goes along seperate paths, with the items in question being picked up by the equiped character(the items also seem to be tailored for the character picking them up, Vahn's helps him fight, Noa's helps her last longer, and Gala needs every last MP he can get). On the other hand, you can flip freely between the characters while in the dungeon, and you can also revisit the dungeon afterward with the full party to pick up what you missed, so their allowability is questionable.
***- This one... Alright, I'm being merciful to Gala here. Without this item he can't use any of the marked attacks, as his move bar won't have enough room in it to use them, which is why I listed a few of his less efficient combos. If it helps, the item is storebought(although it's on the pricy side). (I think he'd have enough room to use the marked moves if he had a couple more levels, for what it matters)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:42:58 PM by Talaysen »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Legaia (PCs)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:13 PM »
From Gourry

Yayness. If anyone allows them to max magic out, their summons should do roughly 11,000 or so each.

As for equipment:

Vahn
Ra-Seru Blade: +98 ATK
Ra-Seru Seal: +62 UDF, + 64 INT
Ra-Seru Armor: +83 UDF, +82 LDF
Ra-Seru Boots: +86 ATK, + 62 LDF

Noa
Ra-Seru Fangs: +96 ATK
Ra-Seru Plume: +60 UDF, + 64 INT
Ra-Seru Robe: +84 UDF, +78 LDF
Ra-Seru Shoes: +90 ATK, +60 LDF

Gala
Ra-Seru Club- +100 ATK
Ra-Seru Helmet- +64 UDF, +64 INT
Ra-Seru Plate- +75 UDF, + 84 LDF
Ra-Seru Thongs- +88 ATK, +64 LDF

There's no real differences here. Gala's Ra-Seru Club hits twice, though, which gives him a slight damage edge if he's just building AP.

Personally, I'd allow Vahn the Mettle Gem. He gets it for dueling Tetsu, correct? Good enough for me! But then, I'm lenient on accessories.

--

I'm a higher level than you are (40), but the damage should still be similar:

Meta: 11050
Terra: 10550
Ozma: 11050

Tested these about 6 times on early game enemies.

Reiska

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
Thanks to the forums over on legendoflegaia.net, here's some mechanics info:

http://www.legendoflegaia.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=800

I haven't finished parsing all of it myself and someone who's better at finding the important points may want to distill stuff for the topic, but the BIG IMPORTANT THING is that Noa's Love moves don't actually have 100% charm!  They actually do 13 separate 50/50 attempts at inflicting the charm throughout the move's animation.  Thus, at a composite, it's actually a 99.988% chance to charm :V

They cracked the damage formula too, it's complicated as fuck and while I'm not going to go into the exact formula here, the important parts are that damage increases by 1/64 every hit of a combo, and every 256 points of current HP the attacker has increases damage by 1!!! >_>

Other things: elemental properties!

Wind attacks do +1/16 damage against Earth-aligned enemies, and vice versa.
Fire attacks do +1/16 damage against Water-aligned enemies, and vice versa.
Light attacks do +1/32 damage against Dark-aligned enemies, and vice versa.
Lightning attacks do +1/32 damage against all of Fire/Wind/Earth/Water aligned enemies, but -1/32 against Dark-aligned enemies.
Every element does -1/16 damage against enemies of the same element.

Finally, since it might be useful for a Futurama, here's the damage ratios for PCs using Seru spells.

Vahn
Earth - 95%, Water - 40%, Fire - 100%, Wind - 70%, Lightning - 70%, Light - 85%, Dark - 85%, Non - 80%

Noa
Earth - 40%, Water - 95%, Fire - 70%, Wind - 100%, Lightning - 70%, Light - 85%, Dark - 85%, Non - 80%

Gala
Earth - 85%, Water - 85%, Fire - 85%, Wind - 85%, Lightning - 100%, Light - 95%, Dark - 60%, Non - 80%

These get plugged into the damage formula for the spell, which is:

offense = seruHP + rnd(0..seruINT+1) + casterINT*2
defense = rnd(0..enemyINT / 2 + 1) + (enemyLDF/16) + (enemyHP/256) + (enemyUDF/16) + (enemyINT*2)

damage = offense - defense

Yes, the HP and INT of the enemy from whom you absorbed the spell are a factor in the damage.  Every time you level a damage spell up, the damage increases by 12.5%. 

One last random tidbit: the US version of the game is harder.  Based on what they could find looking in the code, it appears that the localization boosted most enemies' ATK by 25%, INT by 12.5%, and UDF/LDF by 100%.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:41:44 AM by Reiska »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 08:10:29 PM »
This is both awesome in an of itself and for the fact that there is a group of people still working on tried to figure the mechanics for Legend of fucking Legaia. I wouldn't have even guessed there was an active board somewhere focused on LoL, let alone one working on this.
...into the nightfall.