Author Topic: Starcraft  (Read 2404 times)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
Starcraft
« on: August 27, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Holy shit, this thing took a while. Anyway, welcome to the SC stat topic. Much thanks to Alex for helping me compile this and test things.

All abilities take what I consider a standard turn (~3 seconds), taking into account being forced to click, target, and move appropriately with an ability, unless noted otherwise. Abilities that can be "used instantly" are what I would take as initiative moves. I have listed approximate time figures by the second where appropriate, so to convert into a number of turns simply consider 3 seconds equal to 1 turn.

For SC players: The 3-second damage output is on Normal playing speed. This is because cooldown figures are listed for Normal rather than Fastest. As such, some abilities may seem even slower than they normally are (Siege Mode, for instance...)

All Starcraft units have one, two, or no weapons at all. All weapons are assumed to hit ground units only (which means flying units own a large percentage of the cast), unless stated otherwise - some can hit both ground and air, and some can also hit only air. These weapons have been noted in their descriptions.

Unit size is mostly irrelevant in the DL unless against each other, but matters much more importantly for weapons. All weapon damage is dealt in three flavors: normal, explosive, or concussive. Normal damage is the simplest, damage which can be taken at face value. Explosive damage deals 75% of its normal damage to Medium units, and 50% to Small units. Concussive deals 50% to Medium units, and 25% to Large units. Note that a human-sized unit in Starcraft (the Marine, for example) is considered Small. I have listed damage values for all size types in the case of explosive and concussive weapons, so use your own judgment.

Range 1-2 is generally considered melee, and anything beyond that is ranged. Range 8 and beyond is extremely long-range (FFT gun-esque range). All targeting abilities are considered to be long ranged unless noted otherwise.

Armor in Starcraft reduces all damage equal to its value. More in the averages section about how I deal with that when converting to DL format.

Energy is Starcraft's MP equivalent. All units with actual Energy values (the only ones with a use for it) have 250 of it (when fully upgraded, which I assume as default). Energy regenerates naturally, for 1 energy every 2 seconds or so - in other words, largely irrelevant, except in the case of the Arbiter and perhaps the Ghost.

Starcraft has two designations for its unit "race" - biological or mechanical. These translate pretty cleanly to the DL, especially when compared to similar-thinking games like PS4. All units have their race listed. Additionally, some units are aerial, equivalent to flying/hover status in other games. Others are also detectors, which is explained below under cloaking and burrowing. (Note that all "mechanical" units are still piloted or operated by humanoids inside as well, and are thus most likely still subject to things like confusion, charm, etc. but immune to things like petrify or poison, the latter of which is clearly indicated in the game. Only the Reaver and Probe are truly fully mechanical.)

All Terran mechanical units have the capability to be repaired by an SCV (irrelevant in the DL). All Zerg units slowly regenerate HP over time, but the rate is absolutely pathetic (akin to Serge's regen), and usually only considered as a factor by existing rather than of any real significance in terms of numbers. All Protoss units have shields, which are equal to HP except in that they take full damage from all damage typing (i.e. explosive and concussive damage do 100% damage to them regardless of size), and they regenerate in a similar manner to Zerg HP. For their sake, shields do regenerate a bit more quickly, but only matters really for the case of the Archon (whose durability can be taken favorably due to it) and the Arbiter (who has options which allow regen to become a factor). They can also be recharged rapidly with a nearby Shield Battery (again, DL-irrelevant).

Two more important abilities that come up often enough to receive their own section here:
Cloak - A cloaked unit disappears completely from visual sight, and cannot be targeted by any ability or effect which requires a specific target. This translates as targeting immunity in the DL. When they move, they leave a visible ripple which can be caught by a player's keen eye, but really serves no other purpose as they still cannot be targeted. Abilities which require no targeting, such as field effects or a High Templar's Psionic Storm, function fine on cloaked units - they are perfectly vulnerable to damage, if you can somehow pinpoint and hit them. Cloaked units can move, attack, use their abilities at will and remain cloaked. Terran cloakable units (the Ghost and the Wraith) have an ability to cloak and decloak. While cloaked, they lose 1 energy per second (and thus 3 energy per turn under this interpretation) and lose natural energy regeneration. If they ever reach 0 energy, they immediately decloak. Protoss cloaked units (the Dark Templar, units near an Arbiter) are permanently cloaked at no energy cost.
Burrow - Most Zerg ground units (the Drone, Zergling, Hydralisk and the Lurker - who learns it even without the ability researched) have the ability to burrow. Burrowing is a fairly quick action, taking less than a second or so (I'd consider it just a high-speed action), in which the unit is buried underground and gains targeting immunity just like a cloaked unit. There are key differences, however, in that burrowed units can't do -anything- except unburrow (except the Lurker, who possesses the unique ability to only be able to attack while burrowed). There is no limit as to how long a Zerg unit can remain burrowed, and they do regenerate their HP in doing so - which means that theoretically they could heal to full, unburrow and fight again! (Thankfully, the units that have these are all horribly low durability anyway, and there are those who may lack respect for this strategy, so >_>) Of course, while burrowed, the enemy unit is free to do whatever he wish, including heal or cast buffs or whatever, so this is hardly a failproof strategy. If a burrowed unit is detected and attacked, it automatically unburrows.

Both cloaked and burrowed units are rendered visible by the presence of a detector and lose all of their benefits while being detected. There are a few things that one could consider translating to detection, such as BG's See Invisibility spell, and so forth.

Whew. That's all. On to the units!

Terran Units

SCV
"I told 'em I was claustrophobic, I gotta get outta here!"
60 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
Fusion Cutter: 5 normal damage, cooldown 15, range 1
3-second damage output (Fusion Cutter): 10

Gather - He can pick up stuff. Godlike.
Repair - He can repair mechanical stuff too... but not himself. OMG UNSTOPPABLE WITH T260G.

Comments: The tankiest of the workers! SCV WORKER RUSH FTW! Light.

Marine
"I vote we frag this commander."
40 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
Gauss Rifle: 6+3 normal damage, cooldown 15, range 5 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Gauss Rifle): 18
3-second damage output w/ Stim Pack (Gauss Rifle): 36

Stim Packs - Sacrifice 10 HP to halve cooldown firing rate and double movement speed. Does not stack, can't be used if at 10 HP or less. Lasts for 10 seconds. Usuable instantly.

Comments: LIKE OMG HE CAN BLITZ WITH DRUGZ TO BREAK SOMEWAHT ABOVE AVG DAMAGE!!11 Light.

Firebat
"Got any questions about propane? Or... propane accessories?"
50 HP, Armor 1 (Small, Biological)
Flame Thrower: 8+3 x3 concussive damage, cooldown 22, range 2
3-second damage output (Flame Thrower): 45 (22 to medium, 11 to large)
3-second damage output w/ Stim Pack (Flame Thrower): 90 (45 to medium, 22 to large)

Stim Packs - Sacrifice 10 HP to halve cooldown firing rate and double movement speed. Does not stack, can't be used if at 10 HP or less. Lasts for 10 seconds. Usuable instantly.

Comments: Hey, damage! Firebat's actually not all that bad on dishing it out, able to effectively fry things with an OHKO after Stim... pity about it being concussive of all damage types. If the target isn't Small-sized, he's screwed (he's lucky most are). And Luc-level durability, like all Terran infantry - that durability don't fly. Middle.

Ghost
"I'm about to overload my aggression inhibitors."
45 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)
C-10 Canister Rifle: 10+3 concussive damage, cooldown 22, range 7 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (C-10 Canister Rifle): 17 (8 to medium, 4 to large)

Cloak - Gain cloaked status. Usuable instantly. (Cost: 25 energy, 1 energy/second while cloaked.)
Decloak - Cancels cloaked status. Usuable instantly.
Lockdown - Paralyzes a mechanical target. Lasts for 60 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy.)
Nuclear Strike - Sights a "red dot" on a designated point. 18 seconds later, a nuclear missile falls, causing 500 damage or 66.6% (2/3) mHP damage  whichever is higher. It is noteworthy to point out that nuclear missiles take 100 seconds to arm if you don't allow it to be armed before the match, and that if the arena is large enough, a target could move out of range - and if it isn't, Ghost will be killed without enough room to escape the blast radius himself. Questionable DL use.

Comments: Nuking someone is a hell of a way to check out. Other than that... Cloak is always neat, but Ghost has pathetic damage - concussive damage at that. Lockdown could have probable use to ... uh, for lack of a better word, lockdown 'bots who heal. (Robo, maybe?) But with that offense... yeaaah. A cute Middle, on sheer account of cheesing out non-healers with Cloak, but little else.

Medic
"I've already checked you out, commander..."
60 HP, Armor 1 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)

Heal - Heals 2 HP to a biological, friendly unit at close range. Happens automatically, at quite a fast rate (roughly ~42 HP in 3 seconds). (Cost: 1 energy.)
Restoration - Cures all status effects on a target. Cannot self-target. (Cost: 100 energy.)
Optical Flare - Inflicts blind on a target. Permanent. (Cost: 75 energy.)

Comments: No damage! DNR. A theoretical team-oriented Light, maybe? I dunno, with those energy costs, she'd run out of steam fast... and dies to a sneeze, at that, and can't even cure herself of status... -_-

Vulture
"You keep pushin' me, boy!"
80 HP, Armor 0 (Medium, Mechanical)
Fragmentation Grenade: 20+6 concussive damage, cooldown 30, range 5
3-second damage output (Fragmentation Grenade): 26 (13 to medium, 6 to large)

Spider Mine - Plants a mine into the ground that self-burrows after 4.5 seconds. When an enemy comes within range, the mine unburrows itself and zips towards the target in a process that also takes roughly 4.5 seconds, exploding for 120 damage. While burrowing or unburrowing, the mine is vulnerable to damage. Spider Mines have 20 HP, and can only be realistically destroyed by ranged damage (they explode too fast if you try to melee it). Usuable three times.

Comments: If you take Spider Mines into account... he still sucks. Damage that takes time to go off is not good with that durability, even if it is OHKO damage, when you have that HP. And his normal attack fails at life, like all concussive damage. Light.

Siege Tank
"What IS your major malfunction?"
150 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical)
Arclite Cannon: 30+9 explosive damage, cooldown 37, range 7
*Arclite Shock Cannon: 70+15 explosive damage, cooldown 75, range 12
3-second damage output (Arclite Cannon): 31 (23 to medium, 15 to small)
*The Arclite Shock Cannon cannot be fired at close range; in other words, melee attacks screw it. Additionally, it is so slow to fire that one should take it at face value damage, and consider the cooldown to cost Siege Tank the next 4.5 seconds. Not like it'd ever have any DL use past killing the likes of Zeon. >_> <_<

Siege Mode - Enables siege mode, causing the Siege Tank to become stationary, disables Arclite Cannon and enables Arclite Shock Cannon. 4 second charge time. Usuable instantly.
Tank Mode - Disables siege mode. 4 second charge time. Usuable instantly (in other words, you can start transforming right after a Siege Mode shot and ignore the Arclite Shock Cannon's cooldown).

Comments: Well, Siege Mode is nigh worthless in the DL, which means he has bad explosive damage coupled with not so hot durability. Pity too, as they rock in-game. Light.

Goliath
"Checklist completed... S.O.B..."
125 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical)
Twin Autocannons: 12+3 normal damage, cooldown 22, range 5
Hellfire Missile Pack: 10+6 x2 explosive damage, cooldown 22, range 8 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Twin Autocannons): 20
3-second damage output (Hellfire Missile Pack): 43 (32 to medium, 21 to small)

Comments: Supposedly anti-air, the Goliath fails to translate well to the DL, just like... everything else so far. Lousy durability, unimpressive damage (though better than some), and no saving graces. Light.

Wraith
"I am invincible. That's right."
120 HP, Armor 0 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
Burst Lasers: 8+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 5
Gemini Missiles: 20+6 explosive damage, cooldown 22, range 5 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Burst Lasers): 11
3-second damage output (Gemini Missiles): 35 (26 to medium, 17 to small)

Cloak - Gain cloaking status. Usuable instantly. (Cost: 25 energy, 1 energy/second while cloaked.)
Decloak - Cancel cloaking status. Usuable instantly.

Comments: Still failing damage, even worse than the Ghost (against Small sizes, anyway). But at least the Wraith flies as well, which is essentially melee immunity and has... marginally more durability to not die to a poke like the other cloaker does. Thus, Wraith arguably breaks Middle to me due to spoiling enough Lights.

Dropship
"In case of a water landing, you may be used as a floatation device."
150 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)

Board - Pick up frirendly ground units into capacity. So very useful.
Drop - Drop units currently boarded back onto the ground. Equally useful! At least, in-game.

Comments: She flies. DNR.

Science Vessel
"E = MC... doh, let me get my notepad..."
200 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial, Detector) (Energy 250)

Defensive Matrix - Erects a barrier that surrounds a target unit, causing all damage to it to be reduced to 1. Absorbs up to 150 potential damage (before the reduction), and automatically expires after 80 seconds. Doesn't stack, but can be recharged. Cannot self-target ;_; (Cost: 100 energy.)
Irradiate - Infects a target with a cloud of radiation which gradually lowers the HP of all biological units near that unit, including itself if it is biological as well. Under the status, 6 damage is inflicted every second. Expires after 250 damage has been dealt (or potentially dealt), and can kill. Doesn't stack. (Cost: 75 energy.)
EMP Shockwave - Reduces target's shields and energy values to 0. (Cost: 100 energy.)

Comments: Status whoring and invincibility cheese at its finest! Pity about the total lack of, you know, non-status damage there, and the fact that the invincibility can't be used on itself. And anything not biological and can hit air instawins. Still, a good poison status, flying trait and MP busting are nice things. And unlike all units before now, Science Vessel can take a hit. Middle.

Valkyrie
"This is vewy funny... but stupid."
200 HP, Armor 2 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)
Halo Rockets: 6+3 x8 explosive damage, cooldown 64, range 6 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Halo Rockets): 33 (25 to medium, 16 to small)

Comments: Air-to-air unit only. And not even that good at it in a duel. Still, Russian check ftw. DNR.

Battlecruiser
"Shields up, weapons online. Not equipped with shields? Well then, buckle up!"
500 HP, Armor 3 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
ATS Laser Battery: 25+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6
ATA Laser Battery: 25+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6 (hits air only. I have no idea why they bothered with two weapons...)
3-second damage output (ATS Laser Battery): 34
3-second damage output (ATA Laser Battery): 34 (pointless, I know)

Yamato Cannon - 255 damage to a single target. 3 second charge time. (Cost: 150 energy.)

Comments: Starcraft's best overall unit by sheer numbers both in-game and in this cast. Its main flaw, that being horribly expensive/slow to produce, is removed here. Yamato Cannon overkills, 1 turn charge notwithstanding. Godlike.

Zerg Units

Drone
40 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
Spines: 5 normal damage, cooldown 22, range 1
3-second damage output (Spines): 6

- Burrow: Gain burrowed status. Takes less than 1 second.
- Unburrow: Cancels burrowed status. Takes 1 second.

Comments: WHOAMG it can regen! Light.

Overlord
200 HP, Armor 0 (Large, Biological, Aerial, Detector)

Board - Pick up frirendly ground units into capacity.
Drop - Drop units currently boarded back onto the ground.

Comments: WHOAMG it can fly! DNR.

Zergling
35 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
Claws: 5+3 normal damage, cooldown 6, range 1
3-second damage output (Claws): 40

Comments: Hey, ling has some form of 2HKO damage! Pity 'bout that durability, there. Burrow cheese sure isn't going to save you. Light.

Hydralisk
80 HP, Armor 0 (Medium, Biological)
Needle Spines: 10+3 explosive damage, cooldown 15, range 5 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Needle Spines): 26 (19 to medium, 13 to small)

Comments: Doesn't die to a Jogurt physical, so maybe Hydralisk can take advantage of burrow. Maybe? No, that (explosive) damage still isn't much. And when your claim to potential regen cheese is barely over half PC HP, things are bad anyway. Light.

Lurker
125 HP, Armor 1 (Medium, Biological)
*Subterranean Spines: 20+6 normal damage, cooldown 37, range 6
3-second damage output (Subterranean Spines): 21
*Can only be used while burrowed. Does not break Lurker from being burrowed, nor make him targetable or any such sort.

- Lurker Burrow: Gain burrowed status. Takes 3 seconds, unlike normal burrow.
- Unburrow: Cancels burrowed status.

Comments: Finally, competent burrow cheeze - on the unit that was SUPPOSED to use it, anyway. Lurker's strategy is simple: survive a turn, burrow and laugh at opponent while it pokes it to death. Works on things that don't fly, can't target it while burrowed, and don't OHKO/status it out. Middle.

Scourge
25 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological, Aerial)
*Suicide: 110 normal damage, range 1 (hits air only)
*See attack name for the unfortunate side effect of this attack.

Comments: Beats all the legendary birds so obviously a misunderstood Heavy. Never mind that it kills itself doing so anyway making it technically DNR. >_>

Mutalisk
120 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological, Aerial)
Glave Wurm: 9+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 3
3-second damage output (Glave Wurm): 12

Comments: Sad damage. Poor durability. The Godlike Zerg flyers continue. Light.

Devourer
250 HP, Armor 2 (Large, Biological, Aerial)
*Acid Spore: 25+6 explosive damage, cooldown 100, range 6 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Corrosive Acid): 9.3
*Every successful hit of Corrosive Acid adds an Acid Spore to the struck target. Acid Spores increase the damage of all attacks on said target by 1. Acid Spores stack, up to 9 on the same victim, and individually last for 60 seconds. Additionally, given the massive cooldown time of Acid Spore one would take the damage value at face value and consider the Devourer to lose turns inbetween attacks for cooldown, in this case roughly 2.3 turns.

Comments: Fail. Even against flyers, sucks supremely, as he works best in numbers with Mutalisks for maximum potential. Obviously not happening here. DNR.

Guardian
150 HP, Armor 2 (Large, Biological, Aerial)
Acid Spore: 20+6 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 8
3-second damage output (Acid Spore): 26

Comments: Lacks the vaguely tanky hit points of its cousin, the Devourer, but the Guardian makes up for this by actually having applicable damage. Flying is always nice, enough of a trait that... an okay Middle, I suppose.

Queen
150 HP, Armor 2 (Medium, Biological, Aerial) (Energy 250)

Parasite - Infected target shares its vision and sight range with your own, including detector capabilities if present. No DL use. (Cost: 75 energy)
Ensnare - Inflicts targets with a non-targeting splash effect that inflicts slow and reveals cloaked/hidden units hit by it. Lasts for 45 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy)
Spawn Broodlings - Instant death on any partially organic ground target. In other words, things like Goliaths and Tanks are affected due to having humans inside, as are Dragoons, but not Probes and Reavers. Creates two Broodlings on death, which is rather irrelevant. (Cost: 150 energy)

Comments: Yay 100% ID that works on most things. But the damage! It is not there! At ALL! But hey, Nina2 got to Heavy due to nothing but a Death spell that wasn't even nearly as accurate, so Queen should belong there too, right? Maybe? Mm, sure. Heavy.

Ultralisk
400 HP, Armor 3 (Large, Biological)
Kaiser Blades: 20+9 normal damage, cooldown 15, range 1
3-second damage output (Kaiser Blades): 58

Comments: Ultra SMASH. Ridiculous HP score topped with the best weapon damage to date there is, and good armor along with it. Ultry dominates the rest of the rather sad Zerg cast, easily possessing the raw might to compete in Heavy.

Defiler
80 HP, Armor 1 (Medium, Biological) (Energy 250)

Consume - Eats one of your own ground units for energy. Now we can have Defiler x Kerrigan sce - *shot*
Dark Swarm - Creates a large field of mist that causes all ranged attacks to miss centered on a target point. Splash/area effects still function normally even if ranged. Lasts 60 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy)
Plague - Inflicts a poison-esque status that works on anything (even full mechanical units or buildings) steadily doing 8 damage/sec, up to 300 damage in one casting. Doesn't drop the target below 1 HP in this manner. (Cost: 150 energy)
Burrow - Gain burrowed status. Takes less than 1 second.
Unburrow - Cancels burrowed status. Takes 1 second.

Comments: Some killer moves there. A weaker form of HP->1 that's still brutal nonetheless coupled with Burrow, and Dark Swarm lets it deal with those annoying Rebeccas. Consume is obviously the star skill of them all, of course. And Defiler needs no puny damage to win. It will win with its dashing good looks as the opponent beats on it after a Plague'd 1 HP, unable to do anything. Or will it? DNR.

Infested Terran
"For the Swarm!"
60 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
*Suicide: 500 (...) normal damage, range 1
*Gee, I wonder.

Comments: OHKOs Myria1.

Protoss Units

Probe
"What is your name!"
20/20 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Mechanical)
Particle Beam: 5 normal damage, cooldown 22, range 1
3-second damage output (Particle Beam): 6

Comments: Yawn. Best worker, in theory, for a game format. Most fail in the DL. Light.

Zealot
"Doom to all who threaten the homeworld!"
100/60 HP, Armor 1 (Small, Biological)
Psi Blades: 8+3 x2 normal damage, cooldown 22, range 1
3-second damage output (Psi Blades): 30

Comments: Non-fail for first infantry unit, with slightly above average stats and damage. Pure melee slugfester though. Decent Light.

Dragoon
"Drop your weapon - you have fifteen seconds to comply."
100/80 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical)
Phase Disruptor: 20+6 explosive damage, cooldown 30, range 6 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Phase Disruptor): 26 (19 to medium, 13 to small)

Comments: Zealot who trades damage for the ability to hit air and marginally better durability. It's a fair trade, though the ewness of explosive damage draws it back somewhat. Still Light though.

High Templar
"But I found your lack of control disturbing."
40/40 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)

Psionic Storm - Field, non-targeting splash ITD damage. Deals 25 damage/second for over a 5 second period, 125 overall. Doesn't stack. (Cost: 75 energy)
Hallucination - Creates two copies of target unit, which cannot inflict damage or use any abilities, only act as confusing meat shields. The effect is staggeringly obvious in-game if created in a duel environment, so thus DL use is all but none. Illusions start with 250 energy, steadily losing energy and disappear when they run out. (Cost: 100 energy)
Merge - Merges two High Templars into an Archon. Uh, yeah.

Comments: Insane damage with the trustworthy Psi Storm, killing most things just by the first brunt of it the spell (75 ITD damage? Yeow), and almost assuredly by the end of their next turn... but if the target survives, they could be dead themselves before that happens due to their lackluster durability. An odd form of ball lightning; though templars can get several shots of storm, it generally never comes up. Solid mage Heavy.

Dark Templar
"Your taunts are ill-advised, templar."
80/40 HP, Armor 1 (Small, Biological)
Warp Blades: 40+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 1
3-second damage output (Warp Blades): 49

Permanently cloaked.

Comments: Cloak on someone with actual damage - in fact, very good damage. And is permanent. Falls a bit for being pure melee, but very scary otherwise, spoiling an awful lot. Heavy.

Archon
"They should have sent a poet."
10/350 HP, Armor 0 (Large, Non-Typed)
Psionic Shockwave: 30+9 normal damage, cooldown 20, range 2 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Psionic Shockwave): 58

Comments: TANK. High 2HKO damage. Doesn't get screwed over by melee immunity. The Protoss absolutely win after the past two races' relative failures. Non-typed also means "immune to Spawn Broodlings", which means it may or may not be immune to ID in your eyes as well. Note that anything that can only hit biologicals and/or mechanicals fail on Archons. Heavy/Godlike depending on that.

Dark Archon
"MUST CONSUME!"
25/200 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Non-Typed) (Energy 250)

Feedback - Converts all energy on target unit into literal self-inflicted HP damage. (Cost: 50 energy)
Maelstrom - Paralyzes biological units. Lasts 10 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy)
Mind Control - Control target unit. Permanent. Can be seen as the equivalent of FFT Invite. Lasts even if Dark Archon dies. (Cost: 150 energy)

Comments: Hello, 100% status whore. And really, he has nothing beyond that - after all, whose MP scores are higher than their HP scores? And without any more damage, Dark Archon instaloses to someone who immunes his Mind Control... but that's an interpretation issue all in itself, as Mind Control works on any unit in the game, including hero units and "boss" units. Granted, Dark Archon autowins against any SO3 PCs. >_> Regardless, such assured status whoring coupled with tankishness and non-typeness leads DA to be a Heavy.

Shuttle
80/60 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)

Board/Drop - In the words of Meeple: God Like

Comments: Sick of this yet? DNR.

Reaver
100/80 HP, Armor 0 (Large, Mechanical)
Scarab: 100+25 normal damage, cooldown 60, range 8
*3-second damage output (Scarab): 62
*Scarab damage should be taken at face value, with a 3 second wait time inbetween shots. In other words, it basically skips a turn after an attack.

Build Scarab - Builds a scarab. Reavers start with no scarabs, and they consume one every time to attack. Takes about 3 seconds to build one, but they can be built during cooldown phases as well. Can carry up to five scarabs.

Comments: Hey, Reaver is pretty neat as a dueler! Interesting wait times inbetween attacks, it needs one turn to even start off, but after that unleashes crazy damage every other turn (overkills average nearly twice over). Good enough durability to handle this strategy as well. And if you allow scarabs to to be pre-built, all the better for it. Heavy.

Observer
"That's one small step for man, one giant - stop poking me!"
40/20 HP, Armor 0 (Small, Mechanical, Aerial, Detector)

Permanently cloaked.

Comments: Fear incarnate. YOU CAN'T SEE IT. Uber supreme Godlike, without a doubt. Really.

Scout
"Sabotage inhibitors re-engaged!"
150/100 HP, Armor 0 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)
Dual Photon Blasters: 8+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 4
Anti-matter Missiles: 14+3 x2 explosive damage, cooldown 22, range 4 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Dual Photon Blasters): 11
3-second damage output (Anti-matter Missiles): 46 (34 to medium, 23 to small)

Comments: Excellent durability, puny damage. Unless he runs into Florina, but heck. Too bad about that ground attack sucking ass. Light.

Corsair
"Look at all the pretty lights..."
100/80 HP, Armor 1 (Medium, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
Neutron Flare: 5+3 explosive damage, cooldown 8, range 5 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Neutron Flare): 30

Disruption Web - Creates a small field effect whereupon any units inside cannot attack. Lasts for 20 seconds. Note that units can generally walk out of it easily enough in a quarter of that time. (Cost: 125 energy)

Comments: The third, and final, of our air to air only units. Its ability fails against things that move, anyway. DNR.

Carrier
"Command, or you will be relieved."
300/150 HP, Armor 4 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)
*Interceptor's Pulse Cannon: 6+3 normal damage, range 8
*Interceptors only attack once, and then return to the Carrier before being sent out again.

Build Interceptor - Builds an Interceptor. To attack, Carrier launches all of its current Interceptors at once, which swarm about and attack any enemy unit within range, then return to the Carrier. Interceptors have 40/40 HP, and are fully repaired when they return, but are vulnerable to enemy fire when they attack. Every round of attack is roughly 3 seconds, or one turn in other words. Carrier starts with no Interceptors and can hold up to 8. Build time is roughly 15 seconds.

Comments: Takes hits like nothing else, but the damage... oy. The damage does not even exist at first, and takes FOREVER to even get started, and attacking with one Interceptor is all but asking for it if the target has good enough damage to blow it out of the sky. Decent MT damage also ruins the day rather badly should even the Carrier not fall for this. 450 effective hit points goes a long way, but... way, way too slow. Light. (If you let it go in fully equipped, though? 72 damage a round...quite easily Heavy/Godlike, with that massive HP score; its only real weakness being blown by a strong MT attack. Both views are perfectly valid.)

Arbiter
"We sense a soul in search of answers."
200/150 HP, Armor 1 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
Phase Disruptor Cannon: 10+3 explosive damage, cooldown 45, range 5
3-second damage output (Neutron Flare): 8 (6 to medium, 4 to small)

All same-player-controlled units near Arbiter gain cloaked status, which persists as long as they stay close.

Recall - Transports all same-player-controlled units at a target point instantly to the Arbiter. (Cost: 150 energy.) No DL use.
Stasis Field - Freezes units in a stasis field, where they cannot be effected by anything, including damage, but cannot do anything. Lasts for 60 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy)

Comments: The last, and probably the strangest Starcraft dueler ever. The Arbiter lacks this thing we call damage - 10 base explosive, with that cooldown time? Nearly as bad as workers, for crying out loud. And yet it doesn't quite automatically fall under Puny due to two things - durability, for starters, and more notably Stasis Field. Stasis Field allows the Arbiter to abuse what would otherwise be considered laughable: shield regeneration. And unlike the burrowing Zerg units, it actually has enough raw numbers to make a fair amount of use for it. Anyone who cannot go past borderline 2HKO damage against the Arbiter's shields, and cannot heal, is in for a long, slow, stasis-filled death. Unfortunately for it, Arbiter's actual spotlight assets - Recall and its ability to cloak everyone nearby - become completely irrelevant in DL format, and because of that it is still resigned to be a Light. An amusing one, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:34:40 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Starcraft
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:33 PM »
HP Average
Taking all units into account, including non-rankable/non-combative ones.
Zerg HP > Terran HP = Protoss HP/Shields for ties. Zerg has no-drawback regen, Terran has nothing and Protoss have regenerable shields that take full damage to all damage types. This only really matters for cosmetic numbering purposes. >_>

1. Battlecruiser, 500 (3.40x)
2. Carrier, 450 (3.06x)
3. Ultralisk, 400 (2.72x)
4. Archon, 360 (2.44x)
5. Arbiter, 350 (2.38x)
6. Devourer, 250 (1.70x)
7. Scout, 250 (1.70x)
8. Dark Archon, 225 (1.53x)
9t. Overlord, 200 (1.36x)
9t. Science Vessel, 200 (1.36x)
9t. Valkyrie, 200 (1.36x)
12t. Dragoon, 180 (1.22x)
12t. Reaver, 180 (1.22x)
12t. Corsair, 180 (1.22x)
15. Zealot, 160 (1.09x)
16. Guardian, 150 (1.02x)
17t. Siege Tank, 150 (1.02x)
17t. Dropship, 150 (1.02x)
19. Shuttle, 140 (0.95x)
20. Lurker, 125 (0.85x)
21. Goliath, 125 (0.85x)
22t. Mutalisk, 120 (0.81x)
22t. Queen, 120 (0.81x)
24t. Wraith, 120 (0.81x)
24t. Dark Templar, 120 (0.81x)
26t. Hydralisk, 80 (0.54x)
26t. Defiler, 80 (0.54x)
(Interceptor, 80) (0.54x)
28t. Vulture, 80 (0.54x)
28t. High Templar, 80 (0.54x)
30. Infested Terran, 60 (0.41x)
31t. SCV, 60 (0.41x)
31t. Medic, 60 (0.41x)
31t. Observer, 60 (0.41x)
34. Firebat, 50 (0.34x)
35. Ghost, 45 (0.31x)
36. Drone, 40 (0.27x)
37t. Marine, 40 (0.27x)
37t. Probe, 40 (0.27x)
39. Zergling, 35 (0.24x)
(Broodling, 30) (0.20x)
40. Scourge, 25 (0.17x)

Average: 147.25

Armor Average
In the topic, I have not factored in the +3 armor that full upgrades would have given to all units, as it is a universal thing (weapon upgrades differ from unit to unit). It also doesn't change averages at all, at least, not the mean.

Armor 0 (3) units: SCV, Marine, Ghost, Vulture, Wraith, Drone, Overlord, Zergling, Hydralisk, Scourge, Mutalisk, Queen, Probe, High Templar, Archon, Reaver, Observer, Scout
Armor 1 (4) units: Firebat, Medic, Siege Tank, Dropship, Science Vessel, Lurker, Defiler, Zealot, Dragoon, Dark Templar, Dark Archon, Shuttle, Corsair, Arbiter
Armor 2 (5) units: Valkyrie, Devourer, Guardian,
Armor 3 (6) units: Battlecruiser, Ultralisk
Armor 4 (7) units: Carrier

Average: 0.79 (3.79)

Whatever the hell this means to you.

3-Second Damage Average
Numbers with c are concussive typed; numbers with e are explosive typed.

(Battlecruiser's full Yamato Cannon, 255, 3s charge)
(High Templar's full Psi Storm, 125, 5s duration)
(Reaver's full Scarab, 125, 3s cooldown)
(Firebat's Stimmed Flame Thrower, 90c)
1. High Templar's Psi Storm, 75
(Carrier w/ 8 Interceptors, 72)
2. Reaver's Scarab, 62
3t. Ultralisk's Kaiser Blades, 58
3t. Archon's Psionic Shockwave, 58
5. Dark Templar's Warp Blades, 49
6. Firebat's Flame Thrower, 45c
7. Zergling's Claws, 40
(Marine's Stimmed Gauss Rifle, 36)
8. Battlecruiser's ATS Laser Battery, 34
9. Siege Tank's Arclite Cannon, 31
10. Zealot's Psi Blades, 30
11t. Vulture's Fragmentation Grenade, 26c
11t. Hydralisk's Needle Spines, 26e
11t. Guardian's Acid Spore, 26
11t. Dragoon's Phase Disruptor, 26e
15. Lurker's Subterranean Spines, 21
16. Goliath's Twin Autocannons, 20
17. Marine's Gauss Rifle, 18
18. Ghost's C-10 Canister Rifle, 17c
19. Mutalisk's Glave Wurm, 12
20t. Wraith's Burst Lasers, 11
20t. Scout's Dual Photon Blasters, 11
22. SCV's Fusion Cutter, 10
(Carrier w/ 1 Interceptor, 9)
23. Arbiter's Phase Disruptor Cannon, 8
24t. Drone's Spines, 6
24t. Probe's Particle Beam, 6

Average: 29
NOTE: I do not recommend using this average due to the presence of explosive and concussive damage, which is further addressed below...

Damage values for Explosive and Concussive Damage
(taken against Small targets)
(Firebat's Stimmed Flame Thrower, 90c)
1. Firebat's Flame Thrower, 45c
2. Vulture's Fragmentation Grenade, 26c
3. Ghost's C-10 Canister Rifle, 17c
4t. Hydralisk's Needle Spines, 13e
4t. Dragoon's Phase Disruptor, 13e
6. Arbiter's Phase Disruptor Cannon, 4e (FAILS AT LIFE)

(taken against Medium targets)
(Firebat's Stimmed Flame Thrower, 45c)
1. Firebat's Flame Thrower, 22c
2t. Hydralisk's Needle Spines, 19e
2t. Dragoon's Phase Disruptor, 19e
4. Vulture's Fragmentation Grenade, 13c
5. Ghost's C-10 Canister Rifle, 8c
6. Arbiter's Phase Disruptor Cannon, 6e (FAILS AT LIFE)

(taken against Large targets)
(Firebat's Stimmed Flame Thrower, 22c)
1t. Hydralisk's Needle Spines, 26e
1t. Dragoon's Phase Disruptor, 26e
3. Firebat's Flame Thrower, 11c
4. Arbiter's Phase Disruptor Cannon, 8e (FAILS AT LIFE... a little less)
5. Vulture's Fragmentation Grenade, 6c
6. Ghost's C-10 Canister Rifle, 4c

Factoring in the average of a weapon's three values as its final number in overall average, we get...

New average: 27
KO point: 67.5
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
Campaign Heroes

Jim Raynor (Vulture)
"This is Jimmy."
300 HP, Armor 3 (Medium, Mechanical)
Fragmentation Grenade: 30+6 concussive damage, cooldown 30, range 5
3-second damage output (Fragmentation Grenade): 36 (18 to medium, 9 to large)

Spider Mine - Plants a mine into the ground that self-burrows after 4.5 seconds. When an enemy comes within range, the mine unburrows itself and zips towards the target in a process that also takes roughly 4.5 seconds, exploding for 120 damage. While burrowing or unburrowing, the mine is vulnerable to damage. Spider Mines have 20 HP, and can only be realistically destroyed by ranged damage (they explode too fast if you try to melee it). Usuable three times.

Comments: Marginally better HP than his Marine form, which doesn't seem much... but it lets set off Spider Mines, which are absolutely evil on damage. Even if his opponent disables it before it blows up, it's still essentially a free turn for Raynor. The Vulture is arguably his most memorable unit, though most likely his worst... and hinges on the high Middle line, most likely.

Jim Raynor (Marine)
"I knew I should've stayed in bed this morning."
200 HP, Armor 2 (Small, Biological)
Gauss Rifle: 18+3 normal damage, cooldown 15, range 5 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Gauss Rifle): 42
3-second damage output w/ Stim Pack (Gauss Rifle): 84

Stim Packs - Sacrifice 10 HP to halve cooldown firing rate and double movement speed. Does not stack, can't be used if at 10 HP or less. Lasts for ten seconds. Usuable instantly.

Comments: Good god, what the Marine wishes he was. Murderous damage right off the bat with Stim and actual durability, even if it's less than that of the Vulture's. Normal damage over concussive is a big plus too. Seems to fit fine into Heavy.

Hyperion (Battlecruiser)
850 HP, Armor 4 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
ATS Laser Battery: 30+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6
ATA Laser Battery: 30+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (ATS Laser Battery): 39
3-second damage output (ATA Laser Battery): 39

Yamato Cannon - 255 damage to a single target. 3 second charge time. (Cost: 150 energy.)

Comments: No-brainer pick if you allow Raynor this questionably legal Battlecruiser. Identical to the original in all regards, except with even MORE hit points. As a dueler, it doesn't change as well - Yamato Cannon ftw. I don't factor it into the averages, not allowing it myself, but if you do... Godlike.

Norad II (Battlecruiser)
"Y'all need some good ol' fashioned discipline."
700 HP, Armor 4 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial) (Energy 250)
ATS Laser Battery: 50+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6
ATA Laser Battery: 50+9 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 6 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (ATS Laser Battery): 59
3-second damage output (ATA Laser Battery): 59

Comments: Really, just another Battlecruiser clone, albeit one with a deadlier normal attack. Piloted by Edmund Duke, I throw this out (like all hero units that don't explicitly have the character's name as part of its designation) of the averages and thus, legality.

Infested Kerrigan (Infested Terran)
"Should you become a nuisance... I will kill you myself."
400 HP, Armor 2 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)
Claws: 50+3 normal damage, *cooldown 30?, range 1
3-second damage output (Claws): 53
*Her physical is really weird. It seems to have a longer windup time for the first hit, but then subsequent hits are quicker. It doesn't really matter, anyway, since Psi Storm is superior.

Consume - Eats one of your own ground units for energy.
Ensnare - Inflicts targets with a non-targeting splash effect that inflicts slow and reveals cloaked/hidden units hit by it. Lasts for 45 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy)
Psionic Storm - Field, non-targeting splash ITD damage. Deals 25 damage/second for over a 5 second period, 125 overall. Doesn't stack. (Cost: 75 energy)
Cloak - Gain cloaked status. Usuable instantly. (Cost: 25 energy, 1 energy/second while cloaked.)

Comments: The first Starcraft hero that can be accredited due to skillset rather than raw stats - but speaking of stats, 400 HP is nothing to sneeze at backed up with a decent physical. But the Queen of Blades' true power comes in the form of her abilities, with Psionic Storm vastly overdoing everything else in damage and Cloak making her nigh impossible to be targeted by much as well. And with that durability, these skills go a long way. Godlike.

Infested Duran (Ghost)
"I told you my name, it's Duran! Duran!"
300 HP, Armor 3 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)
C-10 Canister Rifle: 25 concussive damage, cooldown 22, range 7 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (C-10 Canister Rifle): 34 (17 to medium, 8 to large)

Consume - Eats one of your own ground units for energy.
Lockdown - Paralyzes a mechanical target. Lasts for 60 seconds. (Cost: 100 energy.)

Comments: Bah, Nukeless Ghost heroes fail. Some form of Middle/Heavy, again due mostly to Cloak; the extra durability doesn't mean much with unimpressive damage.

Fenix (Dragoon)
"I fear not death - for our strength is eternal."
240/240 HP, Armor 3 (Large, Mechanical)
Phase Disruptor: 45+6 explosive damage, cooldown 30, range 6 (can hit air)
3-second damage output (Phase Disruptor): 51 (38 to medium, 25 to small)

Comments: Unimpressive damage for a hero, but daaaamn... nice hit points. And shields. Fenix soaks up hits and slowly blasts his opponent to oblivion. And is badass beyond words. An uncomplicated strategy that nets him, at the very least, Middle/Heavy.

Tassadar (High Templar)
"Your will?"
80/300 HP, Armor 2 (Small, Biological) (Energy 250)
Psi Assault: 20+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 4
3-second damage output (Psi Assault): 23

Hallucination - Creates two copies of target unit, which cannot inflict damage or use any abilities, only act as confusing meat shields. The effect is staggeringly obvious in-game if created in a duel environment, so thus DL use is all but none. Illusions start with 250 energy, steadily losing energy and disappear when they run out. (Cost: 100 energy)

Comments: Take a High Templar, give it actual durability and a (weak) physical, and you get Tassadar. Not very much complicated, but Psi Storm is still Psi Storm and now Tassadar may actually get it off several times in a row. Heavy/Godlike.

Gantrithor (Carrier)
800/500 HP (!), Armor 4 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)
*Interceptor's Pulse Cannon: 6+3 normal damage, range 8
*Interceptors only attack once, and then return to the Carrier before being sent out again.

Build Interceptor - Builds an Interceptor. To attack, Carrier launches all of its current Interceptors at once, which swarm about and attack any enemy unit within range, then return to the Carrier. Interceptors have 40/40 HP, and are fully repaired when they return, but are vulnerable to enemy fire when they attack. Every round of attack is roughly 3 seconds, or one turn in other words. Carrier starts with no Interceptors and can hold up to 8. Build time is roughly 15 seconds.

Comments: Gantrithor doesn't die. Otherwise it is a Carrier with all the same interpretation issues, but having googles of HP tends to make you far superior regardless. Ranges from Middle to Godlike depending on how you treat pre-battle Interceptors, and illegal in my eyes nonetheless.

Artanis (Scout)
"This is not Warcraft in space - it's much more sophisticated! I know it's not 3-D!"
250/250 HP, Armor 3 (Large, Mechanical, Aerial)
Dual Photon Blasters: 20+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 4
Anti-matter Missiles: 28+3 x2 explosive damage, cooldown 22, range 4 (hits air only)
3-second damage output (Dual Photon Blasters): 23
3-second damage output (Anti-matter Missiles): 46 (34 to medium, 23 to small)

Comments: Continuing the fine tradition of Scouts failing at life, Artanis overemphasizes their strengths and their weaknesses - great durability, horrible damage. And there's really nothing else to it. A Middle of some sort.

Zeratul (Dark Templar)
"We will do what we must. But we do it for Aiur... not you."
HP 60/400, Armor 0 (Small, Biological)
Warp Blades: 100+3 normal damage, cooldown 30, range 1
3-second damage output (Warp Blades): 103

Permanently cloaked.

Comments: Staggering hit points. Overkill damage. Permanent cloak. Zeratul's only, ONLY flaw is that he is pure physical melee. Other than that, the Dark Templar reigns supreme in the DL format. The last of the original campaign heroes, and unquestionably Godlike.

HP Average
PC HP values are listed with the normal cast average taken into account.

(Gantrithor, 1300) (7.00x)
(Hyperion, 850) (4.58x)
(Norad II, 700) (3.77x)
1. Artanis, 500 (2.69x)
2. Fenix, 480 (2.59x)
3. Zeratul, 460 (2.48x)
4. Infested Kerrigan, 400 (2.16x)
5. Tassadar, 380 (2.05x)
6. Infested Duran, 300 (1.62x)
7. Jim Raynor (Vulture), 300 (1.62x)
8. Jim Raynor (Marine), 200 (1.08x)

Average: 377.5
Average (normal cast factored in): 185.6

3-Second Damage Average
I have already factored concussive and explosive damage oddities into the average.

(Hyperion's full Yamato Cannon, 255, 3s charge)
(Norad II's full Yamato Cannon, 255, 3s charge)
(Infested Kerrigan's full Psi Storm, 125, 5s duration)
1. Zeratul's Warp Blades, 103
(Jim Raynor's Stimmed Gauss Rifle, 84)
2. Infested Kerrigan's Psi Storm, 75
(Gantrithor w/ 8 Interceptors, 72)
(Norad II's ATS Laser Battery, 59)
3. Jim Raynor's Gauss Rifle, 42
4. Fenix's Phase Disruptor, 38
(Hyperion's ATS Laser Battery, 39)
(Fenix's Phase Disruptor, 25s)
5. Artanis's Dual Photon Blasters, 23
6. Jim Raynor's Fragmentation Grenade, 21
(Gantrithor w/ 1 Interceptor, 9)

Average: 50.3
Average (normal cast factored in): 31.5
KO point: 78.8

Explosive and Concussive Damage Values
Listed in large, medium and small format (L/M/S). Note humanoid-sized DL opponents would be small-sized.

Jim Raynor's Fragmentation Grenade, 9/18/36
Infested Duran's C-10 Canister Rifle, 8/17/34
Fenix's Phase Disruptor, 51/38/25

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
(These numbers provided by MC.)

Movement

You know, I've been searching a long time for some good movement statistics for Starcraft.  Couldn't find any, so I decided to do some testing and make my own.  Note that this is max speed (some units, mostly the transports, have acceleration to get moving).  I also don't really have numbers, since this was mostly based off of "race.  Okay who is pulling ahead?"  I have gotten some estimates by putting units on patrol, though.  Anyhow, in order:

110ish: Upgraded Vulture

Upgraded Zergling

95ish: Upgraded Ultralisk

80ish: Queen, Wraith, Scourge, Valkyrie, Mutalisk, Corsair, Upgraded Shuttle, Upgraded Scout

Vulture, Spawned Broodling (approx on average--they scurry-stop when told to move somewhere)

70ish Infested Terran, Lurker, Upgraded Zealot, Stim Packed Marine, Stim Packed Firebat

Dropship, Upgraded Hydralisk

Zergling (not upgraded)

60ish: Scout (not upgraded), Devourer, Arbiter, Archon, Dark Archon, Dragoon, Science Vessel, Dark Templar, Ultralisk (not upgraded), Drone, Probe, SCV, Upgraded Observer

Goliath

Shuttle (not upgraded)

50ish Zealot (not upgraded), Medic, Ghost, Firebat, Marine, Siege Tank, Defiler, Infested Kerrigan

Hydralisk (not upgraded)

40ish: High Templar, Observer, Carrier, Upgraded Overlord

30ish: Guardian, Battle Cruiser

25ish: Reaver

13ish: Terran floating buildings

10ish: Overlord (not upgraded)

EDIT: the numbers don't really mean anything; I just stuck the workers at 60 speed, and calculated speed ratios from there.

Anyhow, someone had told me that Marines can pack more damage per density than Hydralisks. I was curious, so I decided to look into it. Apparently units have different widths and heights, which has all sorts of weird applications (Zealots will do much better rushing a vertical line of Marines than a Horizontal line of Marines, which is rather o_O worthy). Anyhow, these are all computed via measuring the number of pixels in the green square in the map editor. Just the land units for the moment, since air units can stack and I'm not sure how that works:

SCVs: 23x23
Marine: 17x20
Medic: 17x20
Ghost: 15x22
Vulture: 32x32
Goliath: 32x32
Siege Tank: 32x32
Firebat: 23x22

Drone: 23x23
Zergling: 16x16
Hydralisk: 21x23
Ultralisk: 38x32
Defiler: 27x25
Lurker: 32x32

Probe: 23x23
Zealot: 23x19
Dragoon: 32x32
High Templar: 24x24
Archon: 32x32
Dark Templar: 24x26
Dark Archon: 32x32
Reaver: 32x32

Going by the BNet cooldown units ( http://www.battle.net/scc/terran/ustats.shtml ) (30 ticks of time = 3 seconds = one turn by Laggy's first post).

Protoss Shields regen once every 36 ticks
Zerg HP regens once every 64 ticks

Also, Medics can't heal air units (*insert disappointment of Medic+Florina fans...or something*).

Oh, and just to clear up one more timing issue, when the editor says that something takes X time to build (say 20 units for a Drone) 1 build time units = 15 attack time ticks = half a turn by Laggy's numbers. So if, say, an RPGmon judge ruled to allow, say, an SCV to build a missile turret, that turret would take 15 turns to complete (since it's listed as 30 units of time).

Some rather surprising stuff I found out about shields recently:

*When you deal damage that hurts both the shields and the HP, you face the combined defence+shield defence. This is fairly relevant as Shields regen roughly once per turn.
*Fractional shields are accounted for (either that or the game is glitchy).

What does this mean? Well take the example of a Hydralisk attacking a Carrier. When the Carrier's shields read 0, the Hydralisk will deal 6 damage. When the Carrier's shields read 1, the Hydralisk will deal 2-3 damage (1 to the shields, and 1-2 to the HP). 3 damage is far more common here--the 2 damage case seems to happen mostly when the Carrier's been sitting on 1 shield for a while in-between hits (leading me to the conclusion that the game is keeping track of fractional shield values).

So basically...roughly speaking Protoss units get a bonus +3 defence half the time.

----

(These numbers provided by ID)

Just noticed this, but the cooldown rates for many of the heroes is incorrect; many of them have improved attack speeds. Generally, anything that had 30 cooldown was improved to 22.

Here are the fixed cooldowns:

Raynor (Vulture): 22
Raynor (Hyperion): 22
Infested Kerrigan: 15
Fenix (Dragoon): 22
Tassadar: 22
Zeratul: 22

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:33:15 PM »
(These numbers provided by Monkey)

I made averages for those, like me, who treat cooldown as a speed stat and take single hit damage averages.

Cooldown is linear CTB speed. The lower the better. So, a Zergling gets 10 attacks to a Reaver's 1 in-game, for example. 10 cooldown = 1 second execution time.

I guess I'll note how I interpreted Psionic storm here. It's 25 damage a second. So, 25 damage, 10 cooldown.

Stim doubles speed, not damage.

Cooldown averages:

SCV: 15
Marine: 15
Firebat: 22
Ghost: 22
Vulture: 30
Siege Tank: 37
Goliath: 22
Wraith: 30
Battlecruiser: 30
Drone: 22
Zergling: 6
Hydralisk: 15
Lurker: 37
Mutalisk: 30
Guardian: 30
Ultralisk: 15
Probe: 22
Zealot: 22
High Templar: 10
Dark Templar: 30
Archon: 20
Reaver: 60
Scout: 30
Carrier: 30
Arbiter: 45

Raynor: 15
Kerrigan: 10
Duran: 22
Fenix: 30
Tassadar: 10
Artanis: 30
Zeratul: 30

Normal cast average: 25.9
Hero cast average: 23.8
Average of everyone: 25.4

Single hit damage averages:
Damage against small targets is the first figure. For concussive/explosive, the average of their damages against all 3 armor types is listed in parenthesis. I go by the "everything against small" average myself. Carriers and Reavers were assumed to start fully stocked. I'll make averages factoring them out, though (for those who don't allow that)

SCV: 5
Marine: 9
Firebat: 33c (19.25)
Ghost: 13c (7.6)
Vulture: 26c (15.2)
Siege Tank: 19e (29.2)
Goliath: 15
Wraith: 11
Battlecruiser: 34
Drone: 5
Zergling: 8
Hydralisk: 6e (9.7)
Lurker: 26
Mutalisk: 12
Guardian: 26
Ultralisk: 29
Probe: 5
Zealot: 22
Dragoon: 13e (19.5)
High Templar: 25
Dark Templar: 49
Archon: 39
Reaver: 125
Scout: 11
Carrier: 72
Arbiter: 6e (9.7)

Raynor: 21
Kerrigan: 53
Duran: 25c (14.6)
Fenix: 25e (38.2)
Tassadar: 25
Artanis: 23
Zeratul: 103

Normal cast average (Scarabs, Interceptors, small): 25.8
Normal cast average (No Scarabs or Interceptors, small): 19.4
Normal cast average (Scarabs, Interceptors, averaged): 25.5
Normal cast average (No Scarabs or Interceptors, averaged): 19.2

Hero cast average (small): 39.3
Hero cast average (averaged): 39.7

Whole cast average (Scarabs, Interceptors, small): 28.7
Whole cast average (No Scarabs or Interceptors, small): 24.0
Whole cast average (Scarabs, Interceptors, averaged): 28.8
Whole cast average (No Scarabs, Interceptors, averaged): 24.2