Register

Author Topic: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (PCs)  (Read 1425 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Golden Sun: The Lost Age (PCs)
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:54:06 PM »
Ok, there's a few interp calls involved around GS2, a bit more than GS1.  See, in the original, it was just "Elemental Djinn or none at all." That was easy to figure out where Djinn went where at least and such, since there's only one of each adept.

...GS2 is different.  There's *2* of each Adept.  And there's 18 Djinn total of each element, instead of just 7.  This leads to some annoying issues, so...I figured the easiest way to do it was this way:

The GS1 Crew joins with 7 preset, randomly distributed Djinn, assuming you carry over data.  Given the nature of GS2, I'd consider Carry Over in this regard canon.  Should be noted that characters do NOT come equipped wtih the weapons or armor that is transfered over, it just starts in their inventory, so thus it not being equipped means its not an innitial equip and we avoid Windspun Armor Humphrey situations at least.

Anyway, back to Djinn...naturally, I give the respective elements of those Djinn to the GS1 Crew.  You can get 8 of each Djinn BEFORE the GS1 crew arrives, so I gave all those 8 to the GS2 Crew.  Feels fair, since its sort of default sets and such, if that makes sense.  So this leaves the GS1 Crew shafted (8 Djinn = Class Upgrade), right?  Well, when the GS1 Crew joins, 4 more Djinn open up immidiatly, one of each element, and they ALL require at least one of the GS1 Psy Energies to get.  Since its basically saying that you needed the first game's Crew to get those Djinn, I feel that they deserve those Djinn and its not unreasonable to give them that.

So quick break down:
GS2 Crew gets the first 8 of each element, for their respective element.
GS1 Crew gets the 7 they come with for their respective elements
GS1 Crew also gets the next Djinn available that becomes open up the instant you get this group.

This leads to 8 Djinn per PC, and no real overpowered skills and such.

HOWEVER, there are still 2 Djinn of each element left.  There...really is no fair, nonrandom way to give them specifically, so here's what we can do with those last two:
A. Forget they exist and just deem them illegal.  Reasonable, all things considered
B. Replace those Djinn with fake versions of them, which give no stat boosts (which were incredibly minor anyway) or have Unleashes, BUT they do boost the element powers (which are, for the most part, very minor; I'm assuming they aren't being used for sanity) and they do count for the total djinn.

Why does this matter? For Unleashes.  See, when you Unleash a Djinn, you lose stat bonus.  If you unleash a Djinn and you have 9 set, you only lose the raw stats (which are very minor, like 10 HP!!!!) that Djinn granted.  HOWEVER, if you do it at 8, you lose a whole class Promotion and your stats drop noticiably.  Its not a gamebreaking loss (we're talking about 10% on average to each stat), but it can still hurt.

Which brings me to another point; unleashing.  Unleashing a Djinn as I just said lowers your stats.  After its unleashed, you have 2 options to do with it:
A. Set the Djinn, which takes up a turn
B. Use a Summon, which then puts the Djinn on recovery mode and forces them to be gone for about a turn or two.  How long depends on what the lvel of summon was used.  You can only use a Summon equal to the amount of Djinn you have Unleashed; max level is 4, though, you can have more unleashed than that if you please (so if you have 5, you can do a level 4 followed by a level 1 Summon the next turn, or do a level 3 then a level 2, etc.)

TYPICALLY, unleashing isn't going to be worth it, but some characters do have useful effects from them, like big stat buffers or something, so I noted them anyway. Sorry I don't have the exact stat losses, but it varies from Djinn to Djinn.

For equipment...storeboughts only.  Everything in this game is either one of a kind, or storebought, and NOTHING is completely unique.  There are a few 2/8 equips but they're random drops and a bitch to get (some even after) so I discounted them.

A character resists the element they have.  How much is hard to say due to the subtraction resist system (this is one of these "Your elemental resistances are your magic defense!" games) but know that Elemental Physicals factor in elemental resists half as much as magic (so Oddysey hitting 50% Earth weakness is doing only 25% more damage, conversly, nulling Earth makes Oddysey do 50% damage instead of 0.)

Oh, Defense stat I used for the algorithms was 113; this is average of end game enemies around Mars Tower and such.  Resist I took at 100 since enemies seemed to hover around this for elements they weren't specifically weak/resistant to.

Lastly, when I say "partial ITD" I mean the damage boost given is independant of the attack stat and is a raw addition, as opposed to a Multiplier.  GS2 uses both kind of damage, it varies from attack to attack.  As such, a move that's "partial ITD" has its damage boost ignore Defense, but also anything that effects the attack stat (Elemental factors asside.)

And yes, I AM allowing skills that are after level 39.  The highest level skill is before level 50 so its not totally unreasonable to get, and it works as consolation for characters losing damage in some cases.  Sadly, fighters will hate how weak the best Storebought Swords are >_>;

What each stat means!
HP: *insert witty joke about what this does here*
PP: Equivalent of MP
Attack: Base for how much damage you do.  Generally, 2 points of attack = 1 more damage
Defense: Higher this is, better you are at taking hits.  Generally, 2 points of defense = 1 less damage
Agility: Your speed
Luck: I think it involves how often you Crit or something but the BMG neglects to actually explain what this does -_-

Also, for those who don't know...
Venus = Earth
Mercury = Water and Ice
Mars = Fire
Jupiter = Wind and Lightning

If you see me using one of those elements, I'm employing "plot elements" as some have animations that make them clearly Lightning and not Wind for example.

Stats taken at level 39, which is a benchmark for "Goals" so the minor randomness involved won't factor in.

Felix:
Class: Slayer
Element: Venus
Equipment:
Great Sword
Knight Helm
Knight Shield
Steel Armor
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 786
PP: 164
Attack: 384
Defense: 254
Agility: 244
Luck: 5

Abilities:
Physical: 135
Odyssey: 244 Earth Elemental physical damage, ignores Evade, partial ITD, 18 PP
Grand Gaia: 244 Earth Elemental magic damage, 32 PP
Potent Cure: 432 Healing, 10 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Echo: 239 Earth Elemental Physical damage
Iron: Boosts Defense by 25%
Steel: 194 Earth Elemental Physical damage, heals user equal to half damage done
Mud: Lowers enemies agility by 50%, appears to be 100% hit rate
Flower: 30% Healing
Meld: Allows for Felix to combine his physical with an allies…IN A DUEL!!!
Petra: Inflicts Stone status on opponent.  Note Stone in GS2 is Loss of Next turn only, so this isn't as useful as it sounds
Salt: Full Status Healing

Jenna:
Class: Justice
Element: Mars
Equipment:
Master Rapier
Platinum Circlet
Silver Armlet
Silver Vest
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 671
PP: 243
Attack: 352
Defense: 231
Agility: 260
Luck: 7

Abilities:
Physical: 119
Dragon Fume: 280 Fire elemental magic damage, 35 PP
Impair: Lowers defense by 25%, can be stacked again for 50% total, on average, each casting raises her physical by 15, 4 PP
Cool Aura: 288 Healing, 16 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Cannon: 176 Fire Elemental Physical damage, partial ITD
Spark: 60% Resurrection
Kindle: Raises attack by 25%, this raises her basic physical to 163 damage (assuming all Djinn are set)
Char: 187 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, about 75% chance to inflict Paralysis
Coal: Raises Agility by 100%
Reflux: For the next turn, Jenna will counter any attack with a basic physical 100% of the time
Core: 207 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, ignores half the enemies defense (this is a subtraction system, so take this as you will)
Tinder: 100% Resurrection

Sheba:
Class: Sorcerer
Element: Jupiter
Equipment:
War Mace
Platinum Circlet
Silver Armlet
Silver Vest
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 571
PP: 286
Attack: 295
Defense: 213
Agility: 300
Luck: 12

Abilities:
Physical: 90
Spark Plasma: 219 Lightning elemental damage, 37 PP
Tempest: 195 Wind elemental damage, 27 PP
Impact: Raises Attack by 25%, can be stacked once for 50% total, each casting raises his physical by 37 damage, 7 PP
Ward: Raises Resist by 40, can be stacked once for 50% total, 5 PP
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 5 PP
Bind: Adds Seal status, 4 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Breath: 40% Healing
Blitz: 133 Lightning elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Stun
Ether: 30% PP restoration
Waft: 144 Wind elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Sleep
Haze: Grants invincibility for one turn
Wheeze: 155 Wind elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Deadly Poison
Aroma: 10% PP restoration
Whorl: 144 Wind elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Instant Death

Piers:
Class: Admiral
Element: Mercury
Equipment:
Great Sword
Knight Helm
Knight Shield
Steel Armor
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 758
PP: 188
Attack: 352
Defense:250
Agility: 191

Abilities:
Physical: 119
Diamond Berg: 234 Ice elemental Physical damage, partial ITD, ignores evade, 17 PP
Pure Ply: 1440 Healing, 12 PP (apparently, you can have 4 digit HP in this game)
Cure Poison: Heals Poison status, 2 PP
Restore: Heals Sleep, Stun and Delusion, 3 PP
Break: Dispels all positive status effects, 5 PP
Megacool:  219 Ice elemental magic damage, 33 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Fog: 165 Water elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly adds Delusion status
Sour: Lowers opponents Resistance by 40, this adds about 40% damage to magic attacks, and 20% damage to elemental physicals
Spring: 70% Healing
Shade: Reduces all damage by 60% for one turn
Chill: Lowers defense by 25%, on average this is about 15 extra damage to his basic physical
Steam: Raises Resistance by 40
Rime: Inflicts Seal status
Gel: Lowers enemies attack by 25%

Isaac:
Class: Slayer
Element: Venus
Equipment:
Great Sword
Knight Helm
Knight Shield
Steel Armor
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 779
PP: 188
Attack: 408
Defense: 261
Agility: 255
Luck: 8

Abilities:
Physical: 147
Odyssey:  268 Earth Elemental physical damage, ignores Evade, partial ITD, 18 PP
Grand Gaia: 244 Earth Elemental magic damage, 32 PP
Potent Cure: 432 Healing, 10 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Flint: 261 Earth Elemental physical damage
Granite: Reduces all damage by 50% for one turn
Quartz: 50% Resurrection
Vine: Lowers opponents' agility by 50%
Sap: 218 Earth elemental physical damage, partial ITD heals user equal to half damage done
Ground: Inflicts Paralysis Status
Bane: 229 Earth elemental physical damage, partial ITD, inflicts Deadly Poison status
Geode: 310 Earth elemental physical damage

Garet:
Class: Hero
Element: Mars
Equipment:
Great Sword
Knight Helm
Knight Shield
Steel Armor
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 803
PP: 175
Attack: 365
Defense: 286
Agility: 176
Luck: 8

Abilities:
Physical: 126
Liquifier: 240 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, ignores Evade, 17 PP
Pyroclasm: 219 Fire elemental magic damage, 29 PP
Guard: Raises defense by 25%, can be stacked again for 50% total, 3 PP
Impair: Lowers defense by 25%, can be stacked again for 50% total, on average, each casting raises her physical by 15, 4 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Forge: Raises attack by 25%, this makes his basic physical do 171 damage, and Liquifier do 295
Fever: 174 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Delusion status
Corona: Raises defense by 25%, can be used in the same way as Guard (as in, the two can stack, but no more than once)
Scorch: 196 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Stun
Ember: 7% PP Restoration
Flash: Reduces all damage by 90% for one turn
Torch: 204 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, ignores half the enemies defense (this is a subtraction system, so take this as you will)
Shine: 206 Fire elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly inflicts Delusion status

Ivan:
Class: Sorcerer
Element: Jupiter
Equipment:
Master Rapier
Platinum Circlet
Silver Armlet
Silver Vest
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 595
PP: 304
Attack: 298
Defense: 232
Agility: 300

Abilities:
Physical: 92
Spark Plasma: 219 Lightning elemental damage, 37 PP
Tempest: 195 Wind elemental damage, 27 PP
Impact: Raises Attack by 25%, can be stacked once for 50% total, each casting raises his physical by 37 damage, 7 PP
Ward: Raises Resist by 40, can be stacked once for 50% total, 5 PP
Sleep: Adds Sleep status, 5 PP
Bind: Adds Seal status, 4 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Gust: 113 Wind elemental physical damage, partial ITD, randomly hits for double damage (no clue on the rate)
Breeze: Raises Resist by 40
Zephyr: Raises Agility by 100%
Smog: 162 Wind elemental physical damage partial ITD, randomly inflicts Delusion status
Kite: Allows for 2 consecutive actions the following turn
Squall: 142 Wind elemental physical damage, randomly inflicts Stun
Luff: Inflicts Seal status
Gasp: Inflicts Countdown status

Mia:
Class: Angel
Element: Mercury
Equipment:
War Mace
Platinum Circlet
Silver Armlet
Silver Vest
Leather Boots

Stats:
HP: 660
PP: 263
Attack: 327
Defense: 245
Agility: 208
Luck: 14

Abilities:
Physical: 107
Ice Missile: 195 Ice elemental magic damage, 23 PP
Pure Ply: 1440 Healing, 12 PP (apparently, you can have 4 digit HP in this game)
Cure Poison: Heals Poison status, 2 PP
Restore: Heals Sleep, Stun and Delusion, 3 PP
Break: Dispels all positive status effects, 5 PP

Djinn Unleashes:
Fizz: 60% Healing
Sleet: 152 Ice elemental physical damage, partial ITD, Lowers opponents attack by 25%
Mist: 154 Water elemental physical damage, randomly inflicts Sleep status
Spritz: 30% Healing
Hail: 163 Ice elemental physical damage, partial ITD, lowers opponents defense by 25%.  This adds about 15 damage on average to her physical
Tonic: Heals Status
Dew: 80% Ressurection
Eddy: Lowers Djinn recovery time by 1 turn

Stat Comparisons:
HP:
1. Garet 803
2. Felix 786
3. Isaac 779
4. Piers 758
5. Jenna 671
6. Mia 660
7. Ivan 595
8. Sheba 571
Average: 702

Defense:
1. Garet 286
2. Isaac 261
3. Felix 254
4. Piers 250
5. Mia 245
6. Ivan 232
7. Jenna 231
8. Sheba 213
Average: 246

Agility:
1t. Sheba 300
1t. Ivan 300
3. Jenna 266
4. Isaac 255
5. Felix 244
6. Mia 208
7. Piers 191
8. Garet 176
Average: 242

Damage:
1. Jenna 280
2. Isaac 268
3. Felix 244
4. Garet 240
5. Piers 234
6t. Sheba 219
6t. Ivan 219
8. Mia 195
Average: 237

And yes, this post was somewhat rushed, I just wanted to get it up.  I'll flesh it out later if I feel like it <_<
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:46:38 PM by OblivionKnight »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Sun: The Lost Age (PCs)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »
Alright, random Golden Sun: The Lost Age boss time, just grabbing... whatever, impulsive and rushed.

Briggs
984 HP
76 Agi
29 Def

Attack - 30
Echo Cut - 70 Physical
Oil Drop - 80 Fire (1)
Herb - 50 Healing (1)
Nut - 200 Healing (1, low health)
Whistle - Calls a Sea Fighter (3)

Starts fight with one Sea Fighter, can have up to two.

Sea Fighter
197 HP
61 Agi
28 Def

Attack - 15
Echo Cut - 55 Physical
Oil Drop - 80 Fire (1)
Herb - 50 Healing (1)
Smoke Bomb - Causes Delusion, 33%? (1)

Party
HP:
Avg. including classes after Djinn Unleash - 145
Avg. of best - 157

Agi
Avg. including classes after Djinn Unleash- 72
Avg. of best - 71 (lol Swordsman)

Damages
Felix - Attack, 55/80 Unleash; Echo, 90; Earthquake, 40
Jenna - Attack, 50/65 Unleash; Cannon, 85; Mad Blast, 50
Sheba - Attack, 30/60 Unleash; Plasma, 60

Comments: Above average speed, near-2HKO, and pretty durable. That Nut may be useful against lower damage opponents. Sea Fighters are OHKO bait, but if you let him start with one you better kill it or face two Oil Drops, or a barrage of Echo Cuts, and it's the same deal if you have him start alone and let him use Whistle. Probably some degree of Middle, depending on your view of the Sea Fighters.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.