Author Topic: Wild ARMs (PCs and Bosses)  (Read 4510 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Wild ARMs (PCs and Bosses)
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »
From Gourry

I'm sure you all know the deal by now. This is for Wild Arms 1, which is a game that has gotten a bit of discussion as of late. If you pester me enough, I'll do tests without the 3 Runes, but this is how I would interpret the characters in the RPGP or in RPGmon.

Each Force ability marks out at 25 FP. In other words, Rudy's first Force Ability, ARM Lock On takes 25 FP. His next Force ability, Summon Guardian, takes 50 FP. When characters get Condition Green (100 FP), status effects are nulled. Like the other Wild Arms games, each characters starts out with no FP at all. However, they are not limited by FP constraints like the others are (in other words, they are able to use their special attacks, such as ARMs, Fast Draws, and spells provided that they have enough bullets/MP). They all need to accumulate FP by acting in combat. I think that these are correct, but it is hard to tell since the exact number of FP is not given.

~10 FP for every round.
~5 FP for ARMS, Fast Draws, and Magic.
~15 FP for every hit taken.
~10 FP for every hit given.
~15 FP for every hit dodged.

These tests were taken at level 47, which is overlevelled. I did some of the sidequests and most of the optional bosses, so that's why I'm a bit higher than most people would be. I tested these against enemies at the last dungeon, except for Jack's Instant Death attacks, which would not work on endgame monsters. My status tests are kinda strange, so if anyone feels like doing status tests... that would be very helpful. As for Wild ARMs criticals, I think that they ignore defense or do set damage.

I feel that most of the ultimate equips are valid. They're all unique, and none of them are particularly overpowering. I'd also allow the characters the Runes they are given through storyline sequences. I feel that it is rather obvious who gets what. Cecilia is given the Love Rune after defeating Elizabeth. Jack gets Courage after beating Harken. Rudy has a very strong claim to the Hope Rune as:
1. It's Rudy who was finally able to summon him, after Jack and Cecilia fail.
2. Justine and Raftina go on about Rudy and about him being a Holmcross, taunting him, telling him that he can't summon the Hope Rune and Zohar, then Zohar goes on about how Rudy was hope and has feelings despite being an android. (Thanks to Zenthor for these)
If pressed, I will do tests without these Runes.

Rudy
HP: 3960
MP: 0
STR: 304 (364)
VIT: 274 (328)
SOR: 102 (112)
RES: 105 (115)
ATP: 634
DFP: 496
MGR: 231
PRY: 19%
Divine Blade- +270 ATP
Metal Shield- +30 DFP and 8% PRY
Braver Vest- +242 DFP and 175 MGR
Dead Heat- +60 DFP
Hope Rune- +30% STR, +20% VIT, +10% SOR, and +10% RES.

If, for whatever reason, Rudy wants to increase his normal physical, he can opt for his Power Boost rather than the Metal Shield. He loses the defensive bonus from the Metal Shield, but all of his physical attack is doubled 75% of the time.

Damage Tests and ARMs.
---
Physical Attack- 1150.

1. Hand Cannon- 1450.
2. Prism Ray- 1300 to a group.
3. Rocket Launcher- 2900. The damage on this really fluctuates. I've seen numbers like 1700-3300.
4. Twin Orbs- Depending on his luck, it can do anywhere from 1500 to 9999 damage. With Normal luck, Rudy does an average of 3400 damage.
1x- 12 (1500)
2x- 7 (3000)
3x- 2 (4500)
4x- 1 (6000)
5x- 2 (7500)
6x- 2 (9000+)
5. Bazooka- 1450. Fire Damage.
6. Phaser- 3800. 99%.
7. Wild Bunch- 4700. 59%. Rudy should definitely use Lock on with it.
8. Arch Smash- 5200. 84%.

I think that ARMs may have a defense piercing property. I tested several attacks on Zeikfried before and after his defense increases. His boosted defense made it so that even Jack's regular attack was reduced to 2 digits. However, I used Phaser on him, and it did 3300 before any boosts, and 3000 afterward the first. Elfboy says that it may be a subtraction based system, and the defense of the enemy doesn't do much to the large numbers that the ARMs give.

Force Abilities
---
1. ARM Lock On- ARM attacks is given a 100% hit rate.
2. Summon Guardian- Summons Guardian. Rudy's summon (Zephyr) does around 4000.
3. Protector- Causes Rudy to block hits for his friends. Also raises defense.
4. Fury Shot- Ensures 100% hit rate and triples ARM power. Anything that's a Phazer and above will do 9999.

Evaluation: To me, Rudy seems to be a fairly decent Middle/Heavy. He's pretty tankish, with above average HP and excellent defense. Rudy's ARMs eat away at defense, and they do good damage. Of his Force Abilities, Fury Shot seems to be the most useful. However, he may not get the chance to use it (if he's using ARMs, it'll take him 7 turns for him to get Fury Shot if he isn't getting hit, and 4 turns if he is getting hit). Lock On and Arch Smash seem to be his best bets. His major downsides are that he's slowish, has questionable magic defense, and his only perk in a duel is damage.

Jack
HP: 3605
MP: 166
STR: 385 (462)
VIT: 211 (232)
SOR: 158
RES: 143 (185)
ATP: 782
DFP: 382
MGR: 199
PRY: 38%

Juggernaut- +370 ATP
Boom Getter- +24 DFP. 20% PRY
Jade Wilder- +192 DFP. 120 MGR.
Texas Number- +50 DFP
Courage Rune- +20% STR, +10% VIT, +30% RES,

Jack can use Fast Draws without a sword, but they're very weak.

Damage Tests and Fast Draws
---
Physical Attack- 1450.
Critical- ~1800

1. Psycho Crack- 1800. Can cause Confuse. WA Confusion makes an enemy attack the air. 14/17
2. Sonic Buster- 1100 to a group.
3. Meteor Dive- 2800.
4. Trickster- 750. Steals stuff, if you allow that.
5. Heal Blade- Heals 50% of maximum HP (1802). Also cures statuses.
6. Soul Breaker- Instant Death.
7. Divide Shot- Halves enemy's current HP.
8. Slash Rave- Does several slashes. Each slash does ~1400 damage. It did an average of 2900 for me.
Out of 25 tries with normal luck:
1 Slash- 12 times. 48%
2 Slashes-7 times. 28%
3 Slashes-2 times. 8%.
4 Slashes-2 times. 8%
5 Slashes-2 times. 8%
9. Blast Charge- 2550 to 1. Area damage to rest.
10. Guilty Blade- 2600 to a group.
11. Shadow Bind- 0. Can cause paralysis. If Jack uses Shadow Bind on a paralyzed opponent, the move will turn into Dark Sweep, which does around 6000. Dark Sweep misses non-paralyzed opponents. 31/40
12. Magnum Fang- 4550.
13. Phazer Zapp- 3550. Usually in game you would equip an elemental ring and Phazer Zapp would do damage of that element. However, the elemental rings are RPGP illegal.
14. Cosmic Nova- 2900 to all.
15. Void- Instant Death to all enemies. 28/40
16. Trump Card- 7300 at full HP. It loses a lot of power if Jack's HP isn't nearly full. After he took 1 damage, he did 7359 damage. After he took 41 damage, he did 4500 damage with TC. I'm not exactly sure where the line between insanely powerful and decently powerful is, but it's probably not worth worrying about. He's best off using Magnum Fang if weakened. It becomes very weak later on. Jack needs to savor his first Trump Card, because he will very rarely get the chance to use it at full strength again.

As Grefter mentioned, Trump Card does 9999 (almost always, from what I've seen) when Jack is in critcial (10% HP or less).

Force Abilities
---
1. Accelerator- Ensures that Jack goes first in a round.
2. Summon Guardian- Summons a Guardian. Jack's summon (Justine) does around 4500 damage.
3. Sonic Vision- Is an automatic critical. Does around 3 times a normal critical. If Jack does a counterattack on that turn, it will also critical. 5500 damage.
4. Double Attack- Acts twice in one round.

Evaluation: Jack, to me, seems to be a pretty good Heavy. Some don't allow his Rune (he is the one who benefits most from the Runes), and that is a major factor in how someone would interpret him. With the Runes, he has excellent damage in Trump Card, and he will most likely get it off first. His statuses seem pretty decent as well, ranging from Confusion, Instant Death, and Paralysis, all of which have pretty good hit percentages. Jack has 50% healing, which is pretty decent, I suppose. His downside is durability. He has average HP and just average defense. Also, after he takes damage, his damage takes a severe hit. Like Rudy, his most useful Force is Double Attack, which he will rarely get (but he may get it more often than Rudy, since he has healing and is faster).

Cecilia
HP: 3230
MP: 338
STR: 238 (249)
VIT: 193 (231)
SOR: 191 (518)
RES: 118 (123)
ATP: 409
DFP: 281
MGR: 554
PRY: 12%
Dist Dims- +160 ATP
Necronomicon- +270 SOR (in turn, she gets an additional 135 MGR)
Pret-a-porte- +130 DFP, 295 MGR
Ruby Tiara- 36 DFP
Love Rune- +5% STR, +20% VIT, +30% SOR, +4% RES

Cecilia can opt for a Holy Parasol, at the cost of a lot of magic power. In fact, Cecilia's healing and damage are halved without the Necronomicon. However, the Parasol's special ability may make up for it. The Holy Parasol is like a permanent Runic in that every spell (from what I can tell, it absorbs all spells that take MP to cast. Also, it does not absorb positive spells) is absorbed into her MP reserves (the amount is how much MP it took to cast the spell. If a spell takes 15 MP to cast, Cecilia absorbs 15 MP. However, the Holy Parasol can absorb spells that do not cost MP as well. In the last few fights, the boss uses Dark Ray and Inferno (level 3 spells, I think). She absorbed them as 0 MP.

As for the Necronomicon, it is not as hard to get as most people think. All you really have to do is cast Prison on a Necronomicon enemy. Afterwards, use Lucky Shot on them, and you have your Necronomicon. I got one after the 2nd or 3rd try. It isn't like stealing apples and using Charms with the Goo Kings, where it still has a very low chance of working. This method was always 100% for me. Anyway, if enough people ask, I'll do tests without the Necronomicon (I'll do it anyway, because it makes a difference if she wants to use the Holy Parasol).

Abilities
---
Physical Attack- 750

1. Rainbow- 2500 (enemies with several resistances absorb it or take 0)
2. Hi-Spark- 2700 lightning damage.
3. Hi-Blast- 2800 non elemental damage.
4. Hi-Break, Hi-Flame, Hi-Vortex, Hi-Freeze- 1700
5. Darkness and Saint- 2600
6. MP Drain- Drains 20-30 MP from an enemy.
7. Life Drain- Drains HP depending on Cecilia's current HP count. It gets stronger as Cecilia's HP goes down. At critical HP, it will drain half of her maximum HP. It is very ineffective if she is healthy.
8. Heal- Heals 2600.
9. Hi-Heal- Full recovery
10. Hyper- Doubles Attack Power
11. Lock State- Causes Cecilia to be immune to statuses.
12. Restore- Heals status effects
13. Protect- Increases MGR by 50%
14. Eraser- Gets rid of all of an enemy's elemental strengths and weaknesses.
15. Prison- Locks Enemy up. Prison'ed enemies die after the next attack. Fairly good chance of working. 80-90%.
16. Silence- Silences enemy. 8/10
17. Confusion- Causes confusion. Don't know chances.
18. Dispell- Cancels an enemy's status boosting spell.
19. Reflect- Reflects magic.
20. Anti Magic- Causes all offensive magic attacks to do 0 damage. Lasts 2 rounds.
21. Hide- Causes physical attacks to miss. Wears off after a few rounds or after any offensive attack. Cecilia has a good chance of counterattacking after dodging an attack.
22. Air Screen- Parry Rate increased 25%
23. Counter Up- Raises Counter Rate by 25%.
24. Life Guard- Life 3. When Cecilia is knocked out, she comes back with 25% of her life.
25. Soul Guard- Protects against Instant Death?
26. Banish- Drops current HP by 3/4, and nerfs Attack and Magic Attack (thanks to Elfboy).
27. Armor Down- Reduces enemy's defense by 50%
28. Slow Down- Reduces enemy's speed by 50%
29. Shield- DFP Up 50%

Randomizer has several effects. I'm not sure whether it's dependant on luck or not, but in my experience, she has a very high chance of casting offensive magic (which is probably what she wants).

From sopko

"1. Believe it or not, not only is there a 3rd level of magic, there is a 4th! Shown by Glow Blast, the Holy spell that hits all for about 4-5k damage, and Hi-Saint, which does 9999 usually, boss or normal. Both are Holy attacks that hit all enemies, but one does much, much more damage than the other. I don't know if these would be considered 4th level spells:

Hi Rainbow (Hits all enemies with all elements. 5-6k damage)
Best Shot (Lucky Shot against all enemies. 3-4k damage)
Soul Shield (No idea what this does. Soul Guard for all?)
Anger (All Abilities ((Stats)) Raised 25%)

2. Including the in question spells listed above, you have a 25% chance of casting a Level 4 spell.

3. There is a 10% chance of casting a spell that will harm your party.

4. There is a 5% chance of casting a normal spell.

5. Terrain does seem to be a factor of what spells are casting, as one different terrains some spells seem to repeat. I can't
make out a pattern though. More on that."

I didn't bother to list Cecilia's MP costs, since she probably won't run out.

Force Abilities
---
1. Mystic- Unleashes secret powers from items. In-game, this is mostly used to spread the effect of a healing item to the whole party, so that aspect is useless in the RPGP. She has other items to Mystic, but they're useless, since she has many of these spells in her spell list anyway.
2. Summon Guardian- Summons Guardian. Dependent on Cecilia's Rune. Raftina heals, and Stoldark does 2000 water damage.
3. High Guardian- Summons higher form of Guardians. Raftina does ~8200 and drains (it is full healing), and Stoldark does 4400 water damage.
4. Dual Cast- Casts 2 spells in one round.

Evaluation: Cecilia is a pretty killer Heavy. However, she's rather slow and has porr defense. Thing is, she kills almost any mage that doesn't have a decent physical. Holy Parasol eats offensive magic and statuses. Anti Magic prevents healing. Banish and to a lesser extent, Hide, screw physical attackers over (she really doesn't want to counter attack after Hide). Shield is an excellent spell for her, acting like the Upper spell in Dragon Warrior 4. Outside of Randomizer, her damage isn't that great (on the other hand, level 3 and 4 spells do sick damage), and it's mostly elemental. Her best Force is High Guardian, which does excellent damage and fully heals her.

Stat Comparisons
Keep in mind that averages in this game aren't that reliable since there are only 3 characters.

HP: Rudy (3960) > Jack (3605) > Cecilia (3230)
Average: ~3600

RES, before equips: Jack (143) > Cecilia (118) > Rudy (105)
Average: 122

RES, after equips: Jack (185) > Cecilia (123) > Rudy (115)
Average: 141

DFP: Rudy (496) > Jack (382) > Cecilia (281)
Average: ~386

MGR: Cecilia (554) > Rudy (231) > Jack (199)
Average: 328

First Turn Damage Average (I discounted conditional stuff like Randomizer and Trump Card)
Rudy's Arch Smash (5200) > Jack's Magnum Fang (4550) > Cecilia's Hi-Blast (2800)
Average: 4180 (5100 with Trump Card)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Wild ARMs (PCs and Bosses)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:24:29 PM »
Also from Gourry:

Bosses
---
Zeikfried
21000 HP (good at the time. Diablo before him has more, though)
Fast (Wild Arms bosses tend to fluctuate in speed. For Negative Rainbow, he went first a lot. For the other attacks, he went after Cecilia but before Rudy)

Attacks
---
1. Negative Rainbow- ~600-1000 magic damage to all.
2. Zeik Impulse- ~600-900 magic damage (Yeah, I know that he chucks the spear at you. Rudy takes a lot from it, but Cecilia doesn't)
3. Glumzamber- ~900-1000 physical damage

The ranges apply to the different characters. Rudy has 2700 HP, Jack has 2230 HP, and Cecilia has 2090 HP. His damage isn't very good, but he's fast with good durability.

Magnum Fang and Lock-On Rocket Launcher do ~1800 to him. Saint does ~1200 to him. It's hard to damage him without stat lowering spells.

Honestly, his form in the last battle (not Tuvai) is essentially the same, except that he casts Hi-Shield on himself a lot, and his HP is less impressive. He also loses Glumzauber, IIRC. Negative Rainbow does roughly 1100 to all, and Zeik Impulse is the same. His offense looks a lot worse in this form, since he's not doing that much more damage, and your party has more HP.

Harken
~17000 HP
Faster than Jack.

Attacks
---
1. Asrael- 300
2. Magnum Fang- 550
3. Harken Tempest- 300

She probably 5HKOs Jack, who is pretty average HP and DFP-wise. Her real perks in a duel are... uhh... speed.

Boomerang
25000 HP
Goes after Jack

Crescent Fang- 420
Zero Armor Attack- 910-1100
Double Boomerang Dynamic- 1380-2000 (Cecilia takes 2000)

Lucied
15000 HP
Generally goes before Rudy

Black Fang: 220-300
Large Moon- 1400-1900 (Rudy-Cecilia)
Purple Electric Revised- 600-1000 (Cecilia-Rudy)

My guys were level 37-38 at the time. Jack has 2610 HP, Cecilia has 2335 HP, and Rudy has 2910.

Alhazad
30000 HP (got this from a FAQ)
Super Transmitted Mega Blast- 1700
Regular Attack- 900. Physical.
Alhazad Symphony- 1500
Slow Down- Halves target's RES
Weak to Holy

You fight Alhazad at a level slightly below endgame. STMB probably 2HKOs your PCs, since I was a bit overlevelled.

From NEB

For what I remember...

Zed is pretty mediocre, but fast. His HP is... 7000? Nothing special. He has various 3-4HKO physicals. Defences are pretty low from what I remember (which is odd. Most Metal Demons have good physical defence).

Belserk had quite respectable damage (2HKO) with... Belserk Breaker? The name escapes me. It's the ST physical. He also has an MT Paralyse attack which I'd peg at around 50%. He has good Defence, but bad MDef and speed, about what you'd expect. 10000 HP, which is pretty good for the time, but not outstanding.

Ziekfried you covered perfectly with what I remember. I will add that he had good defence in both his forms. MDef I don't recall being all that remarkable either way.

Harken had good defence. Didn't use a summon on her so I don't know what her MDef is like. And I just plain don't remember her non-final forms, except they were all fast and lacked damage.

Boomerang is pretty all-around competent... similar damage to Alhazad (high 1000s) maybe more, reasonably fast, above average defence (I want to say his MDef was poor, but I'm not certain). All physical, though. He had 25000 HP, which is pretty solid even though he's fought two dungeons from the end of the game.

Lucied had 10000 HP (-_-), poor defences and speed, and did a little under 1000 damage with Purple Electric Revised!... I think some of his earlier forms may not have sucked quite as much in a relative sense, but damned if I remember them.

Alhazad was pretty slow, but not that slow since he was faster than my whole party after he used Slow Down once. His durability was some of the most overall impressive of any boss in the game, since not only is 30000 HP pretty good, but he had high stats in both Def and MDef. I never saw STMB, myself.

*shrug* I'm probably wrong on one or two points in here, so take all these with a grain of salt.

From Zenny

Belselk 1 Information, if anyone counts it:

2000 HP (Decent; same HP as the boss before him with one dungeon in between them. It's a jump up from 300 HP, which was the HP of Cecilia's boss, before the boss before Belselk)

PC HP: Rudy: 375, Jack: 315, Cecilia: 285

Moves:
Come and Get me!: He wastes alot of time with this. Does nothing
Spinning Flail: 90-100 MT damage
Disrupting Flail: 200 ST damage. I only saw him use it after I knocked off a good 1000 HP

Belselk 1 has... a very varying speed. He often goes after the three PCs, but sometimes goes before.

He more than likely wants his second form, but I thought I'd just throw this out for Novelty.

--

Another "for fun" boss.

Optional Boss: Chaos

HP 8000
Faster than Rudy
Weak to Light

PC HP: 825 (Rudy), 765 (Jack), 665 (Cecilia)

Attacks:
Gamma Ray! ~430-550 damage; Physical that Checks MDef
Purple Electric ~250 damage; Physical that checks PDef

Silence-6/8 hit rate (that I saw. Cecilia doesn't count, since she absorbed it all as MP anyway. I never bothered to heal Jack and Rudy, but there's a special animation for when the spell hits, anyway.)
Sleep 2/2

Well, that was... a boss that had potential to be hard, if you didn't have the Holy Parasol, or Mystic-White Robe (casts Lock State).

--

Zed, battle 1.

"Come now! It's my debut!"

HP 7500 (Better than the Night Gaunt, the boss supposed to be before it)
Goes before Jack with Fengaleon (The Speed Booster Rune),

PC HP 895 (Rudy), 765 (Jack), 720 (Cecilia)

Attacks:

Doom Bringer-235 Damage
Garyu Ichimongiri-400-500 Damage

Awesome Battle Music- 9999 Damage (Okay, maybe that only worked for Laguna?)

Seriously, though. Zed has decent damage, combined with being fast, in his first form. He primarily Garyu Ichimongiri, which is probably a good thing for him in-game. If GI were multi-target, he'd be a decent boss! A little lacking on durability, even without me using my Uber ARMs, though.

--

If anything seems glaringly wrong, I did these tests at 5 AM, since that's the only time I'll be able to play WA for quite some time.

If my levels/HP seem low... pah, I left a save file back at Rosetta town, and if there's too many complains when I get back, I'll level up a bit, and then re-test. For now, since I'll be leaving for California today, these will have to do.

Zed 2 "No sunny breakfast for you tomorrow!"

HP 10000
Faster than Nua Shakks (Thunder rune, speed boost, better than Fengaleon) Jack, slower than NS Jack under Quick

PC Levels/HP: 20/1250 (Rudy), 19/1350 (Jack with Power Orb), 19/1020 (Cecilia)

Garyu Ichimongiri 500 damage
Ougi Kirujiri-Ranbu (Something like that) 500 damage

This time around, he's... slightly more durable, but his damage was unchanged. His first form>>This form.

-----

Belselk 2 "I am a night crawler! Beware, human!"
Slower than Rudy
HP 10000

PC Levels/HP: All the same, except Jack is now 20/1140 or 20/1450 (one without Power Orb, one with), and Cecilia is the same or 19/1275 (With Power Orb on. Needed to have her survive Belselk Breaker).

Belselk Breaker- ~900-1100 damage (Rudy-Cecilia)
Disrupting Flail- ~300 damage
Blaster Howling- 0 damage, Inaccurate Paralysis (Something like 1/6)

Holy ****. The first boss that's able to OHKO party memebers. He has... excellent damage. His speed, on the other hand, keeps him from doing too well in higher divisions. Oh, and he also takes about ~20% less damage than Zed did.

So, Zed prefers his first form, and Belselk is a low heavy based on his form (Great damage and Durability, lacks... anything resembling speed).

--

Boomerang and Luceid 1

HP: Boomerang- 15000, Luceid- 8000

PC HP:
Rudy: 1490
Jack: 1593
Cecilia: 1215

PC RES (for speed determining):
Jack: 91 (Flash)
Cecilia: 88 (Thunder)
Rudy: 64 (No speed boosting Runes)

Damage:

Luceid
Slower than Jack, faster than Cecilia
Back Fang: ~700

-
Boomerang
Faster than Jack

Crescent Fang-450
Boomerang Dynamic!-~720

Neither of them are extrodinary. Boomerang is durable, Luceid isn't, both are about equal damage wise, They could be a tough fight, as they tend to use their 700 + damage moves on the same target for the round, effectively OHKOing Cecilia and making Jack/Rudy at Critical.

I think one of their moves has a slow-down effect, since I, oddly enough, had Rudy going first of the PCs quite frequently.

--

Alhazad 1

"I hate you pitiful Maggots, who live by those pitiful beliefs"

HP: 10000

PC HP:
Rudy: 1570
Jack: 1681
Cecilia: 1285

Faster than Cecilia.

Physical: 500
Esperanza: 500
Electrigger: 950

Wow. How sad. He has... slightly worse damage than Belselk unscaled, and less HP than Boomerang and the dog-turned-monster boss before him.

--

Mother: 15000 HP

PC HP:
Rudy: 2175
Jack: 1490
Cecilia: 1350

Faster than Cecilia, Slower than Jack

Physical- 500 damage
Hermes Tormes Megatosis- 250 damage, adds Paralyze
Heregate Harlow- ~800 damage to all.
Als Magna- 5 damage, random status effect, fairly accurate; status you're hit with is totally random

Fairly durable, lacks damage. Als Magna and Hermes Tormes can fuck you up pretty badly if you don't mystic-White Robe for Lock State. Still, if she was ranked, she'd... so be middle.

--

Harken 1
HP: 14000
Faster than NS Jack

PC HP:
Rudy: 2175
Jack: 1490
Cecilia: 1420

Guilty Blade: ~300-400 MT damage
Laser Silhouette!: ~500-700 ST damage

Very fast, takes hits well (The first boss that I noticed a definite reduction in damage from what the Randoms took)... and no damage. The good news is her damage is unevadeable (it went through Hide), and... I think it's ITD, but I'm not sure. Rudy took less than the rest of the PCs, but Shielded characters took no less damage.

--

Lolithia
15000 HP
Ranges from faster than Jack to slower than Cecilia

Rudy Lv 28

HP 1915
DFP 154
MGR 29
RES 74

Jack Lv 27

HP 1640
DFP 128
MGR 47
RES 93

Cecilia Lv 27

HP 1555
DFP 96
MGR 121
RES 85

Lolithia damage
Cold Sleep- 430-530, inflicts sleep (hits mdef)
Freezing Zone- 230-310, fire effect halved?
Absolute Zero- 500-750 (hits mdef)
Physical- 440-550

Damage to Lolithia
Rudy:
Rocket Launcher (Lock ON)- 2300
Rocket Launcher- 1850

Jack
Meteor Dive- 650 (This move usually does more than 1000. Lolithia's quite a physical tank)
Meteor Dive (1x Armor Down)- 1000
Meteor Dive (2x Armor Down)- 1500
Sonic Vision- 2000

Cecilia:
Blast- 200
Flame- 750, 800 after freezing zone (what the heck?)
Mystic Holy Ring (Saint)- 1500
Moa Gault- 2500, 2000 after Freezing Zone

--

Monster Z
52500 HP
Faster than Jack with Courage
Can be faster than Cecilia to slower than Rudy after Slow Down

Level 40 to all

Rudy- 3120, with Hope Rune
Jack- 2800, with Courage Rune
Cecilia- 2590, with Love Rune and Necronomicon

Zed Attacks
Doombringer- 1300 physical, ST
Kinjite-Yasashi Ichimonji- 1450 physical; ST; adds disease, paralysis, confusion and poison at 100% rate
Higi-Kajin Eisatsu- 2500 (ITD? Dealt the most damage to Jack and the least to Rudy) damage, MT, adds Sleep
Gaia Crash- 1000 earth magical damage, MT

Damage to Zed
Arch Smash- average of 5250
Fury Shot- 9999

Full HP Trump Card- 2650
Crit HP Trump Card- 5100
Magnum Fang- 1500

Saint- 2300
Hi-Guardian Raftina- 6600
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:35:31 PM by Talaysen »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Wild ARMs (PCs and Bosses)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:32:40 PM »
From Gourry

I had these lying around from a couple months ago, so why not?

Randomizer tests! 200 tests (soppy did 500, I think) may not be enough, but I think this is a fair indication of how often certain spells come up. From these tests, all I can really say is that Cecilia has a fairly high chance of casting a high level offensive spell (~70%). Beneficial full party spells are also relatively common (~17.5%). Negative statuses that screw the party over seem kind of rare, surprisingly. It's really more likely to be beneficial than not, which makes it a pretty fun spell. It's probably consistent enough to be a decent source of damage for her, but it blows if she needs to hit a specific weakness.

I'm fairly sure these were tested with averagish luck, and I know I tested it in the Berry Cave (soppy suggested that terrain was a factor, so it may be possible that darkness? or earth? got more than they should have).

Offensive Magic
---
9 Gaia Crash (level 3) Earth
7 Mega Break (level 4) Earth
13 Keen Silf (level 3) Wind
5 Twister (Level 4) Wind
10 Plasma (level 3)
11 Ice Needle (level 3) Ice
3 Blizard (level 4) Ice
15 Inferno (level 3) Fire
3 Mega Flame (level 4) Fire
16 Glow Blast (level 3)
4 Hi Saint (level 4) Holy
17 Dark Ray (level 3) Darkness
3 Hi Dark (level 4)
3 Valkyrie
5 Hi Rainbow (level 3)
6 Hi Spark (level 2)
5 Hi Blast (level 2)
4 Best Shot- upgrade of Lucky Shot?

Beneficial to Party
---
1 Hyper Plus
2 Hi Cntr Up
14 Regenerate
2 Hi-Remedy
1 Anger- casts rage on all
2 Hi Screen (raises
party's parry rate by 25%)
4 Soul Shield- Casts Soul Guard on all
2 Hi-Restore
2 Remedy
4 Hi-Shield
2 Hi-Reflect
1 Lock State

Screw Over Party
---
2 Nullify (Paralyze party)
2 Bad Omen
1 Amnesia
1 Confusion
1 Silence
2 Disease

Screw Over Enemy
---
5 Chaos- I'm not sure what this does
2 Hi Vanish
1 Flash
4 Mute- (Silences enemy party)
5 Hi Dispell

From Sei

Tested some of the less useful spells:

Bomb: Replaces the normal counter with a Bomb attack. Not sure what the damage is based on. The interesting thing about it though, is that Bomb Counters don't cancel the Hide effect.

Dummy Doll: Sort of like Chaos Shield light. Blocks normal attacks that would hit Cecilia. Can take only three normal attacks before disappearing. Can be recasted before disappearing. A useful alternative to hide when faced against characters with painful normal attacks

Field: Halves elemental effects. What element it halves seems to be random though, so I'm not sure when she can find a use for this.

--

Did some Mystic, Sleep and Confusion tests.

Mystic casted spells works even while under Silence. This may prove useful for the rare times that Silence hits Cecilia.

Sleep- Tested on Pillbugs. 17/20 Hit Rate. Lasts an average of 4-5 turns, although they may get out of it earlier or later.

Confusion- Tested on Aipeloss. 5/6 Hit Rate. <i>Might</i> last 4-5 turns, but I have no idea since they keep getting killed by counters. They completely missed 3, 5, 2, 1, and 0 times during this test. Will attempt again later with Cecilia alone.

--

<b>Confusion</b>- Tested on Cecilia's Prologue. Used on Gigasons. 16/20 hit rate. Lasts an average of 3-4 turns, though it can be as short as 2 turns or as long as 5 turns. They hit air 32 times, and were able to aim for Cecilia 18 times.

<u>On getting hit with physicals:</u>
<b>Confusion</b> remains on the target even if hit with a physical.
<b>Sleep</b> on the other hand, may disappear. However, there is a chance that the target will remain asleep.

<u>On getting with with magical attacks:</u>
Statuses will remain on the target even if with with multiple magical spells, may it be other statuses, or damaging magic

From Talaysen

Sei asked me to run some tests on Alhazad's Sleep rate, so here's the results.

Levels: Jack 41, Cecilia 40, Rudy 41.
Luck: Jack (Good), Cecilia (Normal), Rudy (Best)

He used Sleep three times, hit Jack twice, Cecilia once, and Rudy twice, so 5/9 = 56%.

I would've gotten more tests but he died to COUNTERS before using it anymore. Fail.

From Sei

Parasol and Reflect tests

Meeple asked me to do a couple of tests to see if what hits the Parasol hits Reflect too.

Parasol and Reflect vs Dispell
Only one enemy has this, and it's a boss (Shazam). Equipped Ceci with a Parasol, waited for him to cast Dispell on Ceci, then casted Hi-Reflect and did the same.

Results:
Dispell absorbed by Parasol.
Dispell reflected by Reflect.

So, WA1 Dispell gets hit by Reflect. That's nice to know <<

Next test-

Parasol and Reflect vs unlucky Randomizer
During the final Alhazad fight, I Casted Hi-Reflect, equipped a Parasol on Ceci, then casted Randomizer until I got unlucky. Nullify, which Paralyzes the party according to Soppy's notes, came out.

Results:
Party Reflects spell back to Ceci.
Ceci absorbs the spell twice (Likely Rudy's and Jack's).

So far, it looks like anything that hits Parasol hits Reflect too. Take this as you will and all

--

Belselk's Blaster Howling tests

PC stats:
Rudy:
Level 22
VIT- 96
DFP- 103
SOR- 38
MGR- 19
RES- 69
PRY- 6%
LUCK- Best

Jack:
Level 22
VIT- 86
DFP- 91
SOR- 74
MGR- 37
RES- 83
PRY- 16%
LUCK- Best

Cecilia:
Level 22
VIT- 82
DFP- 91
SOR- 117
MGR- 102
RES- 78
PRY- 7%
LUCK- Best

Legend:
1- Paralysis hit
0- Paralysis missed
X- Discounted due to PC under Paralysis
(1-9)- Number of turns Paralysis lasted, excluding turn it hit the PC, before it naturally went away
(1-9)G- Number of turns Paralysis lasted, excluding turn it hit the PC, before Condition Green cured it

Rudy:
0 0 0 0 0 0 1(1) X 0 0

Jack:
1(4) X 1(5) 0 1(9) X X X X 0

Cecilia:
0 0 0 0 0 1(2)G X 0 0 0

Blaster Howling Hit Rate:
5/23

Average Paralysis Duration (Excluding those cured by Condition Green):
4.75 turns

Note: I suspect Paralysis can be reapplyable even with the Paralysis on (When Jack reached 9 turns under Paralysis, Belselk used Howling four more times.) There's really no way to find out though, since Blaster Howling does not give any visual indication of it hitting a Paralyzed target.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:36:07 PM by Talaysen »