Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker  (Read 1201 times)

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
« on: August 27, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
(did this need to be ported over? no, but... shhhh)

(needs to be updated now that I have a better understanding of how solo-RPGs translate)

... ;>_>

Hearts: HP for Link
Magic: Almost entirely useless. Lets him use his slightly more powerful than a regular combo Spin attack, and allow him to fly using the Deku Leaf if the wind is at his back... though I don't think that translates to the DL. >_>

Link
"I dare say old chap, you do seem to be sinking into that quick sand."

Endgame Stats:
Hearts: 20
Magic: Let's just say 100. >_>

Skills:
Horizontal Slice: 6-8HKO or so to random enemies.
Vertical Slice: 6-7HKO or so to random enemies.
Sword Thrust: about 4-5HKO to random enemies.
Sword Combo: around 2HKO to random enemies.
Spin Attack: around 1-2HKO to random enemies. 10(?) Magic.
Parry Attack: Dodges attack and counters. 2-3HKO random enemies.
Jump Attack: 1-1.5ishHKO to random enemies.
Shield: Takes no damage from physical attacks (reduced damage from magical attacks I think?). Essentially useless in a duel.
Mirror Shield (replaces shield): Takes no damage from physical attacks. Reflects (all?) magic.

Bomb: 1-2HKO. Limit of 99(?). Not sure if this is allowed, but it's not particularly needed anyway.
Boomerang: Stuns(or was it damage?). Multi-Target (up to five).
Deku Leaf: Wind Elemental. Blows enemies back(and stuns them?)... not entirely useful I suppose.
Hero's Bow: Shoots arrows. 2-4HKO? Can use non-elemental, fire, ice, and light(/holy) arrows.
Skull Hammer: 1-2HKO? Slow compared to other weapons though. Translates into taking an extra turn before being able to attack again I guess?
Iron Boots: They uh... let him not get blown away... protects him from his own deku leaf I guess? Slows him down a lot.
Magic Armor: Cannot be damaged at all(I believe). 5(?) Magic per second. About 5 Magic on a turn where he uses a horizontal or vertical slash (or most of the items), and about 15 magic on a turn where he uses something like Sword Combo or Jump Attack.

Well, he's durable (or you can just say all the enemies are pathetically weak), has good damage, and multiple element choices (arrows). Magic Armor is pretty awesome too. It is however gotten through a (not too challenge, but not a cake-walk either) side quest, so you have to decide if you allow it or not.

A pure melee, though that shouldn't hurt him too much. A High Heavy-Low Godlike.

Phantom Ganon - 99% Phantom, 1% Ganon
"*evil laugh*"

Durability: Survives three sword combos.
Note: He can switch from flying to being on the ground without wasting a turn

Average Hearts faced at: 8
Average Magic faced at: 50

Attacks:
In the air
Magic Blast: 1/2 Heart (Semi-reflectable, he can reflect it back though)(Magic I guess)

On the ground
Sword Strike: 2 Hearts (Holy game-high damage!)

He's an odd one. Less durability than even most of the other bosses, but the highest damage in the game (among enemies anyway). He easily 4HKOs Link, but at the same time is 3HKO'd. Depending on if you take Link as having Godly durability or if you take the enemies as all being punies (I go with the first), he's either a High Heavy or a High Light.

Ganondorf - Now with 100% more body fat
"Allow me to show you... your future. Yes... Allow me to show you... just what hope you have. See how much your precious Triforce is worth!"

Durability: 7-8 (3 Light Arrows - 3 Parries - (A Light Arrow) - A Parry)
Issue: Until he gets hit with three light arrows, physicals don't hurt him. I guess you could take this as him being invulnerable until being hit by a light/holy attack three times (which would likely make him a High Godlike), or you could make him immune to everything non-holy for the first three turns (still Godlike), or just toss this temporary-immunity out the window. I just toss it out.

Average Hearts faced at: 20
Average Magic faced at: 100
Note: Technically he's fighting two opponents. Link's parner can't die or get hurt though, and the way the fight works they both have to hit him a certain ammount of times anyway.

Attacks:
Sword Slash: 1 Heart

His durability is insane, no matter if you use his immunity or not. His damage however is pretty sad. 20HKO isn't good even if you do take Link as having godly durability. If you take Link's durability as being godly he's a Middle I suppose, but if you don't, Ganon's Jogurt's Punching Bag.