Register

Author Topic: Front Mission 3  (Read 6614 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Front Mission 3
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:57:58 AM »
Porting over what we have from the old forums to the new. For the most part, my notes here don't need changing. Pretty much fills you in on the basics of the game. I have worked through and tested skills to a certain degree, so for the most part, this topic (or what I wanted to get done) is completed. All that is missing are the bosses. I'll grab them if there is interest. But for now? I'm a little burned out. Major special thanks to Talaysen for helping me do some number crunching here as well as designing the tests for learning more about skills. Without further ado, on with the show!

How the game works:
Front Mission 3 works in a phased based battle similar to FE. You go first, move all your units and perform action, then your opponent gets to go and so on. This repeats until either the winning conditions or the losing conditions are met. In most maps, you are allowed to choose up to 4 characters to participate. Sometimes you will also have NPC characters. More importantly, the game grades you on how well you did after each level by giving you a performance out of 100%. Due to this, much of the notes on damages are based off 90-100% (Platinum or A rankings) scores and avoids things such as overlevelling.

During a level, characters are allowed to move based on what mech or machine they are piloting. A standard unit occupies one unit space and movement is based upon the machine's own base move rate. Later on, there are upgrades to this by allowing you to dash in a straight line. Mechs can also jump based on the legs. Some larger units occupy more than one unit space. Others like helicopters for example, can fly over any terrain but can't dash.

When a character chooses to attack another unit, a battle begins. During battle, your character will attack with whichever weapon you selected. Most machines are comprised of 4 parts: Body, L.Arm, R. Arm and Legs. If the body is destroyed, the mech explodes and dies. If the Arms are destroyed, any equipped weaponry there becomes unusable. If the legs are destroyed, movement is reduced to 1, Jump is reduced to 0 and all evasion boosters are reduced to 0 as well. An enemy can choose to counter attack, although this will depend on range, the type of weapon and the amount of AP remaining. Characters can also choose to use items if they have an item backpack equipped. This process repeats until the level is over.

On the note of parts and HP, there are two ways to take this. One is to view all 4 parts as one entity. So the summation of all parts HP determines the overall durability of the machine. The other view is to make only the HP on the Body of the matter (as this part determines the life and death of the pilot). I'll try listing down the averages for both.

Skills:
During any level, characters can equip skills that they have learned, which gives them a base percent chance to activate it everytime they attack/get attacked, depending on what the skill does. Skills are learned in battle by fulfilling the required conditions and are triggered by random chance. Certain skills can link into each other for a combo. For example, the entire ROFUP series can link to each other. ZoomI and ROFUPI can link to each other. Generally speaking as long as the two skills can activate in the same conditions, they can combo. Characters can equip up to 6 skills with different computers.

EDIT: Lots of tests yesterday. Summary of what we found (special thanks to Tal for helping me number crunch)
Each individual skill equipped has a 15-16% of activating. When one skill activates, it runs through the rest of the list of equipped skills that have not yet triggered and rolls again to see if any of those will activate. Repeat until either the rolls become negative or all equipped skills have triggered. Tests have also confirmed and busted the following myths:

- Skill levels do NOT have an effect on rate of activation or chaining.
- Higher level skills do NOT have an innately lower chance of activating; it is determined purely by the NUMBER of skills equipped on a pilot's computer.
- Learning skills runs off the same percent chance it would seem. DL wise, this does not matter as pilots would have all their skills learnt.
- Melee skills have an innately lower chance of triggering. Why? I'm not sure. But they certainly show this way via tests that have been done. As compared to the 15% chance, melee skills have only a 10% chance of triggering.

I have NOT determined how the skill changing computers or chaining computer works. Presumably, it adds a factor, say, +5% or -5% chance to activating or chaining and uses the same cycle system. If someone wants to, they can dig at this to find out more.

Attack order
Speed in FM3 doesn't really exist I find. A ranged attacker always get priority over one that is attacking at melee. Missiles can only be countered with Shields. The only exception is the Beam Gun, which drops priority equivalent to that of a fist. If priority is the same, then the attacker takes advantage. So for example, if you attacked with a fist, but your opponent counters with a Shotgun, then the Shotgun goes before you go. However, if you attacked with a M.Gun in that situation, you would get first strike.

There is one more speed rank from infantry units. All units on foot as infantry, will always get first strike against a mech. The attacker/defender penalty still applies to them. So a speed chart looks like this:

Infantry > Ranged weapons (not beams) > Beams and Melee.

Pilot stuff
Also. The pilots each have 20 HP, but they are usually not damaged by any attacks except the Pilot DMG skills and a random, rare hit in which the pilot loses about 4-5 HP. Thus, it's semi-irrelevant. Now, characters! 

Specifically, its Pierce - 5 damage, Impact - 4 Damage and Fire - 3 Damage. Really irrelevant in general >_>. With Pilot DMG, the damage goes: Pierce - 7, Impact - 5 and Fire - 4. The other time Pilot HP matters is when they are ejected (although this too is rare and no pilot naturally learns Eject Punch). It should be noted, that if the Pilot's HP drops to 0, the mech is no longer in function. Furthermore, game overs are caused primarily through the loss of pilots and not machines. Although if a pilot is inside a machine at the time of its destruction, the pilot goes down with the mech.

Bonus Damage:
Each character also has a weapon that gives them a damage boost of 5%. I'll add them on to what's already posted. I would assume that's the primary weapon for the character although one of them is really random. Legs...unless otherwise listed, all legs are 2-legged. Hover legged wanzers cannot dash (thus have lower movement technically) but uh...CAN HOVER OVER WATER >_>. They also can't jump. This matters in game although it probably doesn't translate into a duel. Yeah. I forgot what disadvantage there was to a 4 legged wanzer though.

Note that this bonus damage disappears when a pilot's weapon class reaches S.  E*** is the weapon level that should be considered since that's the average class level I was at on my pure Platinum playthrough when the game ended. Chances are though, I'll probably just monkey out using S class ratings as they are much easier to get. All damages as of now are from S class figures.

Status effects:
There are three universal status effects in Front Mission 3.
Stun - Pilot is unable to move for 1-2 phases
Confusion - Adds an additional 3 AP cost for any action. Movement does not suffer this penalty.
Eject - Pilot is ejected from his/her wanzer. Fatal in game since opponents can hit the pilot until the next phase. Mostly useless in a duel. The times where it will matter is if a PC attacks and is then ejected on the same turn. The chances of this happening is something like 5% >_>. Not exact, but its rare.
Surrender - Enemy only status. The next hit from an enemy causes this unit to be removed from the field. Note that bosses won't surrender.

All pilots (bosses included) can be hit with Confusion, Stun and Body Smash. Bosses however, cannot be ejected or killed via Pilot Damage. Nor will they ever Surrender. How this should be interpreted is up to you.

Def-C
On Def-C, it allows you to block an 'element' in FM3 at a set rate. The rate is determined by the wanzer's body. So if it says Def-C 20%, it implies that the damage can be reduced by 20%. Unlike Front Mission 4, you don't suffer a penalty to another opposing element. There are 4 elements: Fire, Impact, Pierce and Neutron. You cannot block Neutron, and can only choose 1 of the other 3 to block.

Fire weapons consist of Missiles, Flamethrowers and Grenades
Pierce weapons consist of M.Guns, Rifles and Spikes
Impact weapons consist of Shotguns, Fists and Clubs.

The only neutron weapon in-game is the Beam Gun. Only the final boss has it. Because it cannot be blocked, I am inclined to see the damage here as non-elemental. Although some might see it as beam.

Accuracy and Evasion:
Accuracy seems to be just a multiplier to base accuracy of the weapon. So a wanzer with 147% bonus gets a 2.47 multiplier to his weapon. This obviously determines how often you will hit an opponent.

Also note that accuracy improves if the target is larger. So some bosses (like Lukav), who drive huge mechs still end up having 300% accuracy against them, despite badass evade. Since the issue of size is basically a pain in the rear, my flag if I run into ANY enemy that is over 200% accuracy is to treat it as 0% evasion. Likewise, infantry units drops accuracy by 50%. Tanks drop by 20% I believe. Although most enemies in this game are machines of some sort, I guess you can treat this similar to VP sizes. Or just throw it out the window all together.

Actual accuracy of an attack is determined by this formula:

[Weapon base ACC x ACC Multiplier x (1 - Evasion rate)] - Additional ACC penalties = Actual accuracy.

Additional penalties include things such as enemy size, range from target, enemy height elevation, obstructions from LoF, etc. Thus evasion works on a divisional basis.

Weapons:
Most wanzers will have only 1 weapon on them but often have enough spare weight to equip a shield. Note however though, that no pilot ACTUALLY starts with one. Flip side? Not every pilot wants one. Some don't since otherwise, they lose a lot of their damage (see Yun). If you disallow shields, note that Pham's damage will drop significantly. Offhand, I don't think anyone else will suffer. Anyways, I'll list them in the set ups. But if you don't want to include them, just pretend that they don't exist.

Each weapon has different AP costs.
All melee use 1 AP
Flamethrowers use 4, 7 or 11 AP, depending on how many bursts the user wants to fire.
Shotguns use 3 AP
Rifles use 4 AP
M. Guns use 5 AP
Missiles use 10 AP
Grenades use 12 AP
Shields use 2 AP. These cannot be used for attacking

Each weapon also has a base accuracy, range and accuracy penalty depending on how far the target is:
Fists - 100%, 1 range
Clubs - 120%, 1 range
Spikes - 110%, 1 range
Flamethrowers - 60%, 2 range, loses 2% per square
Shotguns - 75%, 3 range, loses 2% per square
Rifles - 75%, 6 range, loses 2% per square
M.Guns - 80%, 4 range, loses 10% per square
Missiles - 80%, 3-9 range
Grenades - 60%, 3-6 range

Melee weapons (Fists, Clubs and Spikes) do not have accuracy penalties but will not be able to attack if the target is 2 elevations above them. Melee weapons can also be bolstered via the Melee%, which is determined by the spare power remaining on the machine. It works exactly as you may expect. Melee% of 125% for example will boost the damage by 25%. The maximum Melee% can reach is 136%. Missiles and Grenades do not have penalties and can attack at any height. But cannot attack within 1-2 range.

All weapons will hit a wanzer part randomly. There is no control on where each attack goes without using a battle skill. The exceptions to this are the Shotgun (which distributes damage evenly based on the number of bursts hit) and the Grenade (which basically hits all parts for the stated damage). You might consider this, so I listed average total part HP for this purpose. Grenades are also MT and indirect, and thus cannot be countered by any weapon.

If a wanzer attacks another wanzer from a height elevation, the wanzer on a lower platform suffers a penalty. This penalty seems to be -5% for every level of elevation. Melee weapons do not suffer this. This ONLY matters if they fight flyers. So go FE Peg Knights or something.

If a pilot does not have enough AP for the weapon, he or she will not be able to attack with it.

Back packs:
Forgot about but important nonetheless. Anyways, each wanzer can only equip a certain amount of stuff before they are over the weight limit. This is done in game since a wanzer eventually runs out of power (or weight) to fuel all its parts and weapons. In layman's terms, not all wanzers can carry their best weaponry due to limitations of their wanzers. Yun again, is a prime example for this.

However, an universal backpack, called an E-pack exists. What it does, is it increases the power of a machine, which boosts the weaponry a wanzer can stack. Personally, I don't see a problem with these. Why? Because:

a) Its available for everyone and ingame.
b) You're either using an E Pack since Epacks can be equipped always (ie. no penalty on them) or an Item pack because you have spare weight to store items.

The setups listed below use the best E Pack on each wanzer. For those with items, I've listed a separate set up. But since these are restricted to weight, you'll see that they have downgraded weapons, and as such will lose damage.

Spare power as mentioned also helps to boost melee damage. Thus Marcus, Kazuki and Pham are more headache inducing to discover better set ups for. The maxium boost a wanzer can receive for melee damage is 136%.

About Counterattacking (and AP):
During each phase of battle, if an opponent is within range and has enough AP, they can perform a counterattack. Counter attack uses extra AP depending on how close the opponent is. At 1-2 squares, it consumes 3 AP, at 3-4 squares it consumes 2 AP and anymore than that only uses 1 AP. If you do not have enough AP, you will not be able to counter. If a pilot is hit with confusion, add 3 AP to each counter. This is mainly important for Flamers and M.Guns. Both of which consume a large amount of AP. All pilots easily have 30 AP by end game, 12 of which are assigned to upgrades. Most pilots usually have enough AP to attack and counterattack in the same turn.

EDIT: PCs on next post.
EDIT 2: Touched up the post and fixed some technical errors.
EDIT 3: Noted the evasion ordeal. Blech
EDIT 4: Noted the aspect about S class damage.
EDIT 5: We have evasion figured out!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:37:16 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Re: Front Mission 3
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 01:15:53 AM »

Kazuki Takemura
Starting Mech: Zenislev
Bonus damage: Melee
HP - 1604
L/R Arm - 894
Legs - 1171

Def-C - 20%
Evasion - 47%
Acc+ - 25%
Move: 5

Kazuki has an Item backpack (he starts with this), and the backpack originally starts with 2 Repair Items. The backpack has 4 slots and can hold other items:

Items (assuming you allow them):
- Repair/Max: Restores 50% - 100% respectively to any one part. Consumes 1-2 slots.
- Restore Lo/Medium/High: Restores a broken part. Lo restores 25%, 50% for medium and 100% for high. Slots: 2,3,4 respectively

Skill set up:
Tackle I x6 - Usable only at melee range. Adds equipped weight along with damage dealt from melee weapon to determine damage. "Equipped" being weapons, backpack and body weight. Damage varies on set up. 415, 841, 711, 841 damage respectively. Uses 1 Slot.

OR

Dbl Assault x3 - Requires user to be at melee range. Attacks with left and right weapon. If either weapon is lost, this skill cannot trigger. Uses 2 Slots. Deals 964 under set up 1, 1582 under setup 2 and 1082 under setup 3

Setup 1: (Item Backpack)
Mk9 Baton - 292 x 1 Impact Damage
Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 56 x 12 (672) Impact Damage

Setup 2:
Fatal Buster - 649 x 1 Impact Damage 
Desoto M300 Shotgun - 74 x 12 (888) Impact Damage

Setup 3: (Item Backpack)
Fatal Buster - 578 x 1 Impact Damage
Odin M98 - Shotgun, deals 42 x 12 (504) impact damage

Setup 4:
Fatal Buster - 693 x 1 impact damage
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed

With 6 TackleIs, Kazuki has a 27.67% chance of triggering one TackleI (841), 12.59% for a two combo (1682), 4.81% for a three combo (2523), 1.45% for a four combo (3364), 0.31% for a five combo (4205)and 0.03% for a six combo (5046). He deals an average of 996 per round.

With 3 Dbl Assaults, 21.95% chance for one Dbl Assault to trigger (1537), 4.63% for two (3074), and 0.51% for all three to combo (4611). 72.9% chance of just attacking regularly for 888 damage. He deals an average of 1151 per round here. 

Note that while Kazuki deals more damage via Double Assault and the Desoto M300, his accuracy is rather poor with it (see post below). As such, its likely he might want to go pure Melee instead unless he absolutely needs the range.

Ryogo Kusama
Bonus damage: Burst (M.Gun, Shotguns and Flamethrowers). He initially starts with a M.Gun
Starting Mech: Kyojun Mk107
Body - 1071
L/R Arm - 667
Legs - 730

Def-C: 40%
Evasion - 47%
Acc+ - 105%
Move: 3

Ryogo also starts with an Item Backpack that holds 2 Repair items. Item list...see Kazuki. He can hold the same number of items. If Ryogo uses this backpack, he will have to downgrade his weapon (which will drop his damage).

Skill set up:
ROFUPI x6: Ups amount of burst shots fired by 1.2x (so 12 for him). With set up, deals 840 damage when activated. Uses 1 slot

Setup 1:
Arc Barrel 4 - M.Gun, consumes 5 AP. Deals 70 x 10 damage (700)
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed. 2AP

Setup 2: (Item Backpack) Weight is at 0
Mingda 2 - M.Gun, consumes 5 AP. Deals 50 x 10 damage
Buckler: - Reduces damage received by 70%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed. 2AP

Ryogo deals a total of 700 damage normally. He has a 27.64% chance to activate a skill once (840), 18.09 chance for a two combo (1680), 10.17% chance for a three combo (2520), 4.62% chance for a four combo (3360), 1.51% chance for a five combo (4200) and a 0.27% chance for a six combo (5040). On average, he deals 1288 damage a turn. 62% chance of something happening.

Ryogo can also equip ZoomI to boost accuracy by 120% or BraceI to reduce his own attack priority to 0 but receive 50% less damage. Both skills also only cost 1 slot.

Emir "Emma" Klamsky
Bonus Damage: Artillery (Missile/Grenades)
Starting Mech: Drake M2C
Body - 762
L/R Arm - 480
Legs - 626

Def-C - 60%
Evasion - 32%
Acc+ - 126%
Move: 2

Emma also has access to an Item backpack. She has a Missile reload and a single Repair Item. Namely, she cares about the missiles (fully restores missile ammo, uses 2 slots).

Skill set up:
Pilot DMG Ix6: The damage it deals is dependent on weapon type. With her basic missile launcher and hardblow, she can deal either 4 damage through missiles or 5 through hardblow. But hardblow basically sucks ass for damage. Either way, it kills in 4 hits at best when activated and is probably too risky to be considered. Still deals damage otherwise, but no boost. Consumes 1 Slot

Setup 1:
Hardblow - Unarmed melee. Consumes 1 AP. Sucks for damage, around 70-80 damage? Very unlikely you'll get a S class melee from just hardblow.
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed. 2AP
Bjariger - Missile Launcher. 10 AP. Can not be countered except with shields. Cannot be used to counter. Deals roughly 518 damage x 1.

Emma deals a total of 518 damage normally. She has a 27.64% chance to activate a skill once (518), 18.09% chance for a two combo (1036), 10.17% chance for a three combo (1554), 4.62% chance for a four combo (2072), 1.51% chance for a five combo (2590) and a 0.27% chance for a six combo (3108). On average, she deals 827 damage a turn. 62% chance of something happening.

It should be noted, that Pilot damage is a gimmicky in-game move. It deals damage to non-boss characters just fine. But the skill doesn't even activate against boss characters. How you want to determine this is up to you. PCs ARE vulernable to Pilot damage though (as can been seen from enemies with Pilot Damage). Further note that in-game, after 5 pilot damage from missiles, the combo will automatically end since the wanzer would've put out of commission from the pilot being killed. Personally? I say just ignore the pilot damage aspect and treat it as a normal damage move (but fails to trigger against bosses).

There is an option for Emma to equip the Faust GGR to do 448 x1 damage to all parts. However, she largely won't want to do this, as she loses her comboability with PilotDMGI (and thus decreasing her average damage). If she does so, she has to forgo the item back pack.

Dennis Vicarth
Bonus Damage: Snipers
Starting Mech: Rekson M4F
Body: 720
L/R Arm: 448
Legs: 595

Def-C: 60%
Acc+: +147%
Eva: 35%

Skill set up: 
Zoom II x3 - Raises Accuracy by 150%. Uses 2 slots

Set up 1:
Mk11 Sniper - Rifle type, deals 440 damage. Consumes 4 AP. Unlimited ammo.
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed. 2AP.

Dennis deals 440 damage from a normal attack. He has a 27.88% chance to activate ZoomII during an attack (440), a 9.1% chance to perform a two combo (880) and 1.61% to perform a  three combo (1320). On average, he deals 494 damage a round. 40% chance of something happening. Dennis' two additional battle skills are BckupMelee (requires an ally, hence DL useless) and ESkillDown1, which slightly reduces the damage he receives from an attack (not by much though).

Yun Li Fa
Bonus damage: Bursts. She starts with a Shotgun
Starting Mech - Prov PAW 2. Yun's legs are of Hover type. Hence, she does not get a booster like the others and cannot jump.

Body: 950
L/R Arm: 718
Legs: 783

Def-C: 60%
Acc+: 94%
Eva: 47%
Move: 4

Skill set up:
Dbl Shot I x3 - If two weapons are equipped in each hand and they are of the same type, this allows the user to fire both weapons at only one weapon's AP cost. (So 2 Shotgun attacks in one battle for 3 AP only). Uses 2 Slots

Setup 1:
Desoto M300 - Shotgun type, deals 74 x 12 damage (888). 3 AP
Chongta 3 - Shotgun type, deals 63 x 12 damage (756). 3 AP

Yun deals 888 damage from a normal attack. She has a 27.88% chance to activate her Dbl Shot I skill during an attack (1664). She then has a 9.1% chance to perform a two combo (3288) and 1.61% to performa  three combo (4932). On average, she deals 1388 damage a round. 40% chance of something happening. Yun has two additional battle skills: One recovers from Stun and the other protects damage from hitting the body. For the most part, both skills are DL useless.

Jose Astrada
Bonus damage: Snipers
Starting mech: Para PAW 1
Body: 720
L/R Arm: 448
Legs: 718

Acc+: 103%
Eva: 35%

Skill setup:
ToppleShot x 6 - If attack connects, target is knocked to the floor and cannot counter for that battle. His AP further drops to 1/2 of what he had currently. Uses 1 Slot.

Setup 1:
Mk11 Sniper - Rifle type, deals 440 damage. 4 AP

Jose can opt to use his other other two skills to reduce enemy accuracy by 1 level or raise his own evade by 1 level. Neither of these have very significant effects so chances are, he won't want to use them. He deals 440 damage a round on average, with a 62% chance for Toppleshot to kick in.

Xian Mei Li
Bonus damage: Bursts. Li starts with a M. Gun
Starting Mech: Getty. Li's mech is 4-legged.
Body: 887
L/R Arm: 667
Legs: 882

Acc+: 105%
Eva: 24%

Skill set up:
Revenge IIIx2 - Activates on counters. Deals 2x as much damage for the current attack. Uses 3 slots.

Setup 1:
Arc Barrel 4 - M.Gun type, deals 70 x 10 damage. 5 AP

Li has a 72.25% chance of dealing 700 damage, 23.59% chance to deal 1400 damage and 4.16% chance to deal 2800 damage. On average, he will deal 952 damage; but only through counter attacks. If he attacks normally, he will deal 700 damage a turn. His other two skills are largely DL useless (FiringSquad and EskillDown2)

Marcus Armstrong
Bonus damage: Melee
Starting Mech: Grapple M1

Body: 1211
L/R Arm: 919
Legs: 1002

Def-C: 20%
Acc+: 37%
Eva: 47%
Move: 6

Setup 1:
Dbl Punch I x3 - Attacks with weapon in left and right hand. Both must be melee and of the same type. Uses 2 Slots. Deals 1362 damage when triggered.

Set up 1:
Fatal Buster - Fist type, melee. Deals 681 damage. Consumes 1 AP.
Fatal Buster - Fist type, melee. Deals 681 damage. Consumes 1 AP.

Marcus has a 21.95% chance for one Dbl PunchI to trigger (1362), 4.63% for two (2724), and 0.51% for all three to combo (4086). 72.9% chance of just attacking regularly for 681 damage. He deals an average of 939 damage per round. Marcus also has Skill+2 as well as MeleeIII in his repetoire. However, DblPunchI beats both out in terms of damage. So there's rarely a chance he would want to equip those.

Linny Barlier
Bonus damage: Artillery
Starting Mech: Foura M12A

Body: 762
L/R Arm: 653
Legs: 852

Acc+: 60%

Skill set up:
Arm Smash - ITE. Breaks the enemies primary weapon arm. Can be blocked if shields are used. Uses 4 slots.
Escape x2 - If any part of the wanzer will be destroyed in battle, the battle automatically ends (neither side exchanges damage). Uses 1 slot.

Setup 1:
Hardblow - Unarmed melee. Consumes 1 AP. Sucks for damage, around 70-80 damage? Very unlikely you'll get a S class melee from just hardblow.
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed
Bjariger - Missile Launcher. 10 AP. Can not be countered except with shields. Cannot be used to counter. Deals roughly 518 damage x 1. Has only 6 charges.

Linny HAS the option of using the Faust GRR to do 448 damage to all parts instead. In fact, because he has no item back pack, he might prefer you taking this view too. The reason why this actually matters to him is because he doesn't start with an item backpack. Don't give that to him and he runs out of damage after 6 shots. Otherwise, he deals 518 damage a turn

15% chance for Arm Smash to kick in. 27.75% chance for at least one of the Escapes to kick in.

Alisa Takemura
Starting Mech: Meledyne M1

Body - 762
L/R Arm - 480
Legs - 626

Def-C - 60%
Acc+ - 126%
Evasion - 32%

Alisa has access to an Item backpack as well. She starts with one Repair item and a Missile item. If you allow items, see Kazuki's list. She mainly cares for the missiles.

Skill set up:
Panic Shotx6 - Adds confusion to attack if it hits. Uses 1 slot.

Setup 1:
Bjariger - Missile Launcher. 10 AP. Can not be countered except with shields. Cannot be used to counter. Deals roughly 518 damage x 1. Has only 6 charges.

Alisa deals a total of 518 damage normally. She has a 27.64% chance to activate a skill once (518), 18.09% chance for a two combo (1036), 10.17% chance for a three combo (1554), 4.62% chance for a four combo (2072), 1.51% chance for a five combo (2590) and a 0.27% chance for a six combo (3108). On average, she deals 827 damage a turn. 62% chance of something happening. She also has access to Skill+1 (boosts weapon level by 1) and EDefCl1 which drops the enemies resistance to her attacks by 10% on average.

I think Panic Shot should be able to combo into each other. If it can't, Alisa can simply afford to not boost her weapon class level to S, but the next highest level (F***) and go from there to get Skill+1x6 to work. Doing so drops her damage slightly to around 822 damage a turn.

Alisa also has the option to equip the Faust GGR to do 448 x1 damage to all parts. Like her sister though, she largely won't want to do this, as she loses her comboability (this time with Panic Shot/Skill+1) Doing so, means she also forgoes the item back pack.

Hei Fong Liu
Starting Mech - Shangdi 1

Body - 979
L/R Arm - 610
Legs - 595

Def-C - 20%
Acc+ - 147%
Evasion - 35%

Skill setup:
EAcc-0x2 - Lowers enemy accuracy to 0 upgrades. Very noticable effect for him and allows him to dodge more. Uses 1 Slot.

OR

Dbl Sht IIx3 - User attacks with left and right weapons, but weapons must be different. Useless depending on interp. Uses 2 Slots.

Set up 1:
Mk11 Sniper - Rifle type, deals approx. 440 damage. Consumes 4 AP. Unlimited ammo.
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed . 2AP

Set up 2:
Laohu 3 - Rifle type, deals approx. 389 damage. Consumes 4 AP.
Chongta 3 - Shotgun, deals approx. 63 x 12 damage. Consumes 3 AP.

Under the first set up, Liu deals a consistent 440 damage. He has a 27.75% chance for EAccNul to trigger, in effect reducing average enemy accuracy modifier to 0.

Under the second set up, Liu deals 756 damage from a normal attack. 27.88% chance to activate Dbl Shot II (1145), 9.1% chance to perform a two combo (2290) and 1.61% to perform a  three combo (3435). On average, he deals 1047 damage a round. 40% chance of something happening. His other skill not mentioned is EXPx3.

Miho Shinjo
Starting Mech: Kyokei MK108

Body - 887
L/R Arm - 667
Legs - 730

Def-C - 40%
Acc+ - 73%
Evasion - 35%
Move: 4

Skill set up:
Melee I x 6 - Raises Melee damage by 1.2x. Uses 1 Slot.

OR

Hit or Miss x6 - Sets attack to have 50% chance of missing or hitting (50% ITE). Uses 1 slot.

Setup 1:
Fatal Buster - Fist type. Melee weapon. Deals 692 damage. 1 AP.
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed . 2AP

Setup 2:
Fatal Buster - Fist type. Melee weapon. Deals 638 damage. 1 AP
Desoto M300 - Shotgun type. Deals 74 x 12 (888) damage. 3 AP.

Setup 3:
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed . 2AP
Mk11 Sniper - Rifle type. Deals approx. 440 damage. Consumes 4 AP

NOTE: Miho is a weird case however. She starts with a melee weapon and a shotgun instead of a rifle. So what weapon she uses will depend on you.

With 6 MeleeIs, Miho has a 27.67% chance of triggering a skill exactly once (830.4), 12.59% for a two combo (1660), 4.81% for a three combo (2521), 1.45% for a four combo (3321), 0.31% for a five combo (4152)and 0.03% for a six combo (4982). She will attack normally for 692 damage.  This results in an average of 987 damage per round. Note that while Miho has access to the Venus (a club), she will rarely if ever want to use it as the accuracy doesn't benefit her like other melee fighters.

Alternatively, she can use 6 Hit or Miss, giving her 27.64% chance to activate a skill once (888), 18.09 chance for a two combo (1776), 10.17% chance for a three combo (2664), 4.62% chance for a four combo (3552), 1.51% chance for a five combo (4440) and a 0.27% chance for a six combo (5328). All of these would then have a 50% chance of actually hitting the targetting. Factoring in her normal attack of 888 damage, she would deal 876 damage a round. Yes, this is the only person who is somewhat hindered by equipping a skill.

If you force her to use rifles, none of her skills will combo with it. In which case, she will average 440 damage a turn.

Pham Luis
Bonus damage: Melee weapons. Pham starts with a club.
Starting Mech: Zeros

Body - 1211
L/R Arm - 919
Legs - 1209

Def-C - 40%
Acc+ - 25%
Evasion - 24%
Move: 6

Skills setup:
ShldAtk I x6 - Requires a shield. Deals roughly 950 damage. Note that this damage is dealt through a shield, and not by actually selecting the shield and attacking an enemy. Uses 1 slot.

Set up:
Fatal Buster - Fist type. Melee. Deals 692 damage. Consumes 1 AP
SN107G - Reduces damage received by 90%. Damage is transferred to equip arm and can be used 4 times or until arm is destroyed. 2AP. 

Pham has a 27.67% chance of triggering a skill exactly once (950), 12.59% for a two combo (1900), 4.81% for a three combo (2850), 1.45% for a four combo (3800), 0.31% for a five combo (4750)and 0.03% for a six combo (5700). She will attack normally for 692 damage.  Accounting for her regular attack of 692 damage normally, this results in an average of 1072 damage per round. Pham can also swap to the Venus for more accuracy, but her damage will drop as will ShieldAtkIs damage.

Pham also has Initiative II as well as EEva-1. The later is not very useful since the effect isn't all that significant. Intiative II will let her go first, but she will receive 1.2x the damage from the resulting counterattack.

Xiao Hua Lan
Bonus Damage: Bursts. Lan starts with a Flamer
Starting Mech: Tieqi 4

Body - 1107
L/R Arm - 617
Legs - 806

Def-C - 60%
Acc+ - 88%
Evasion - 24%
Move: 5

Skill set up:
AimLeg x1 - ITE attack. Causes all attacks to hit enemy legs. Brutal if she sets it 11 Blasts and opponent does not resist fire. Uses 3 slots.
BraceII x1 - Goes second for current battle, but user takes 80% less damage. Uses 2 slots.

Weapons:
Hot Gazel - Flame Thrower. Deals 110 damage x 4, 7 or 11 charges. Adjustable as needed. AP consumed for the round is equivalent to the number of charges used. 440, 770 or 1210 damage dealt respectively

Lan has a 27.75% chance of at least one of her battle skills to activate. 15% for AimLeg to trigger during an attack. 4.16% for both of them happening at once. On average, she would do 1210 damage a turn. Because she burns through so much AP using 11 blasts, Lan will not be able to counterattack effectively with the flamer. If the enemy heavily resists Fire, she can opt to equip EDefCl2 to reduce an enemy's resistance by 20% on average (uses 2 slots).

Mayer Edwards
Starting Mech: Enyo Mk109

Body - 762
L/R Arm - 480
Legs - 756

Def-C - 20%
Acc+ - 126%
Evasion - 47%

Skill set up: 
Leg Smashx1 - ITE attack that destroys enemies legs in a hit. Uses 4 slots. Can be blocked with a shield.
Prvnt Loss x2 - If a part if about to be destroyed, it will remain at 1HP if this skill is activated (like VP1 Guts almost). Uses 1 slot.

Weapons:
Bjariger - Missile Launcher. 10 AP. Can not be countered except with shields. Cannot be used to counter. Deals roughly 518 damage x 1.

Like Linny, she has the option of using the Faust GRR to do 448 damage to all parts instead for similar reasons. Otherwise, she deals 518 damage a turn.

15% for Leg Smash to kick in. 27.75% chance for Prvnt Loss to kick in otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 04:52:32 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:39:32 AM »
The following pilots have unique wanzers:
- Kazuki (Zenislev)
- Ryogo (Kyojun Mk107)
- Emma (Drake M2C)
- Alisa (Meledyne M1)
- Jose (Para PAW1)
- Li (Getty)
- Linny (Foura M1A)
- Pham (Zeroes)
- Lan (Tieqi 4)

Everyone else's wanzers are used by some form of random enemy in game:
Dennis (Rekson M4F used by USN forces)
Marcus (Grapple M1 used by USN forces)
Yun (Prov PAW2 used by some JDF forces)
Mayer (Enyo Mk110 used by some JDF forces)
Liu (Shangdi 1 used by Real Numbers)
Miho (Kyokei Mk108 used by Japan Police Department)

I should note that each wanzer has a differing growth pattern for HP and upgrades. As such, its more so that the wanzers are PCs than the actual pilots.

HP (Summation of all parts)
1. Kazuki (4563)
2. Pham (4258)
3. Marcus (4051)
4. Yun (3169)
5. Lan (3147)
6. Ryogo (3135)
7. Li (3103)
8. Miho (2951)
9. Linny (2920)
10. Liu (2794)
11. Mayer (2478)
12t. Alisa (2348)
12t. Emma (2348)
14t. Dennis (2211)
14t. Jose (2211)
HP average (summation): 3046

HP (Body only)
1. Kazuki (1604)
2t. Pham (1211)
2t. Marcus (1211)
4. Lan (1107)
5. Ryogo (1070)
6. Liu (979)
7. Yun (950)
8t. Miho (887)
8t. Li (887)
10t. Alisa (762)
10t. Emma (762)
10t. Linny (762)
10t. Mayer (762)
14t. Dennis (720)
14t. Jose (720)

Body HP average: 960

Other
L/R Arm HP average: 644
Legs HP average: 797
Def C: 41%
Evade: 35%
Acc. mod: 92%

Def-C, I would treat it similar to you would treat elemental defense. Its not really a defense number since if you are struck in game by something that you are not blocking, it will matter. Dennis is incredibly frail there, while Kazuki can likely survive.

Also, I would not take the Acc. mod average literally. Some comparable accuracy numbers to end game enemies. I used mainly the imaginery number machines since they become a large portion of the last chuck of the game. The Mingtian 1, Shunwang 1 and Lenghe 1 have the evasion rates of 24/47/47 respectively. This gives the average end game evasion rate of 39.33%. Plugging this into the accuracy equation with the hit modifiers, we get the following:

Actual accuracy at end game
1t. Dennis - 124.58
1t. Liu - 124.58
3t. Alisa - 120.13
3t. Emma - 120.13
3t. Mayer - 120.13
6. Miho - 112.33
7t. Ryogo - 103.33
7t. Li - 103.33
9. Jose - 91.58
10. Pham - 89.33
11. Yun - 84.83
12. Marcus - 76.33
(Miho (Shotgun) - 69.08)
13. Linny - 67.33
14. Kazuki (Fist) - 64.33
15. Lan - 52.13
(Kazuki (Shotgun) - 33.08)

Average actual accuracy: 95.29%

Damage with no battle skills and no evasion
1. Lan (1210)
2. Yun (888)
3. Liu (756)
4t. Ryogo (700)
4t. Li (700)
5. Kazuki (693)
6t. Pham (692)
6t. Miho (692)
8. Marcus (681)
9t. Linny (518)
9t. Mayer (518)
9t. Alisa (518)
9t. Emma (518)
13t. Dennis (440)
13t. Jose (440)

Damage average with no battle skills and no evasion: 664.2

Damage without average evasion
1. Yun (1388)
2. Ryogo (1289)
3. Lan (1210)
4. Pham (1072)
5. Liu (1047)
6. Kazuki (996)
7. Miho (988)
8. Li (952)
9. Marcus (939)
10t. Emma (827)
10t. Alisa (827)
12t. Mayer (518)
12t. Linny (518)
14. Dennis (494)
15. Jose (440)

Damage average without average evasion: 900

Damage with evasion
1. Ryogo (1289)
2. Yun (1177)
3. Liu (991)
4. Miho (988)
5. Li (952)
6t. Emma (827)
6t. Alisa (827)
8. Marcus (717)
9. Pham (689)
10. Kazuki (641)
11. Lan (631)
12. Mayer (518)
13. Dennis (494)
14. Jose (403)
15. Linny (349)

Damage average with evasion: 766
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 03:31:52 AM by Tide »
<@Claude> yahtzee

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:40:22 AM »
Comments on characters and ranks (again). These are tentative:

Kazuki: Incredibly durable. 1.67x PCHP under one interp and 1.5x on another. That's good. His evasion is above average, and the damage before evasion is certainly at least passable. What Kazuki REALLY doesn't like are evasive enemies. Thanks to that craptastic Acc. Mod, his Shotgun damage is laughable, at 33% hit rate and his melee attacks aren't that much better. He has several alternating set ups if you give him that item backpack. That way he can also get some healing in. And with shields, he can certainly try going tanking. Adding all this up, feels like a High Middle of sorts. That accuracy really sinks him.

Ryogo: Not as durable as his best friend, but he's still relatively solid there (Around 1.1x). The main difference is, Ryogo still has 100% accuracy after average evasion, meaning his burst shots will all connect. That's not fun for his enemy. Especially since this is the guy that's doing 1.68x average damage a round, can counter and play a range game. Then factor in shields, and suddenly he's going to get 4 attacks before you can even hit his actual body once. At which point, he likely pulls out a ROFUPI combo and wipes you to kingdom come. Feels like a Heavy of some sort. He's solid to above average in almost all respects.

Emma: Pilot Damage is a gimmicky move with a weird translation. But it still combos, which is what really matters. Starting with that Item backpack means that she can at least equip that along with Missile reloads. So unlike two others in the case, she's not running on just 6 shots to win. Damage wise, not incredibly impressive. But at least she bypasses counters (less shields). The low HP is made up somewhat with a shield, although of course, it won't exactly last. Mm...Low Middle?

Dennis: Accuracy! Chains! He has a both! Damage? None what so ever. Dennis curses Rifles for sucking in FM3 and his durability is the cast worst with Jose (0.7x PCHP). In-game, mitigated somewhat by his range. DL wise? He wishes he got something better than ZoomII. Ah wells. Light.

Yun: Very similar to Ryogo, only Yun uses Shotguns, which is the money weapon in FM3. And she wields it much better than Kazuki thanks to better accuracy. Her Def-C is at the highest, and her evasion is also in the highest tier as well. Very good in general. Yun's big disadvantage? No boosters and no jump. This hurts her for tiebreaks, but otherwise, she still has an effective 7 range weapon. Of course, needing to use both hands hurts her some in durability since she can't afford using a shield. Otherwise her damage tanks. Probably a Heavy as well.

Jose: No chains. You know this is going well. Jose has the godly toppleshot. So at least he can buy some arguments for cancelling an opponent's counter/turn with that. His other two skills aren't that great and aside from Toppleshot, he has nothing else going for him. Light.

Li: A bit weird. Li prays on having enemies attacking him since that's the only actual way he can pull off a Revenge III. Otherwise, he's stuck dealing 700 damage a turn. which while not bad, isn't that great compared to what the average is sitting at. He's someone who can equip a shield but also might not end up benefitting due to the fact that if he's blocking, he can't get his skills to go off. Middle of some sort

Marcus: Slightly more accurate than Kazuki. This helps slightly. All things considered, Marcus trades off the use of a Shotgun for slightly more damage. He's otherwise, fairly similar. Of course, like Yun, he has to use two fists too or his damage will fall, so he doesn't have a shield and thus can't play that tanking game as well as Kazuki can. Middle most likely.

Linny: Is PC Palmer. Runs off 6 shots of 0.46x average damage and hopes that kills his enemy. Because otherwise, he's using Hardblow, doing 70 damage and hoping that and Escape gives him wins. If you're lenient, he has room for an Item backpack and thus can equip that, saving him some. But that accuracy + no chain still sucks and condems him to pretty much become cast worst PC. Low Light. And no, Arm Smash's 15% chance of triggering does not help him.

Alisa: Very similar to her sister. Only difference being she uses Panic Shot as opposed to PilotDMGI. As such, rank is also similar. FM3 confuse...not sure how to apply that DL wise. But I'm fairly certain its not big enough to change a rank. Low Middle.

Liu: Completely dependent on whether you give him access to different weapons via Dbl Shot II. If you do, he does pretty well and fits in Low Heavy with above average damage and slightly better than average durability. Of course, he has godlike accuracy from his Acc. mod, so that helps there too. Don't let him use other weapons, he then sits in a corner with Jose and cries. Because then he's relying on EAccNull, shields and bad damage to beat out his enemies. Light in that case.

Miho: Godly physical accuracy to the rescue! Bet you didn't see that coming. Melee I and Fists give Miho that nice push away from the rest of the cast. The downside of course is her durability is not all that impressive. She has other weapons, but neither the rifle nor the shotgun really benefit her. And yes, Hit or Miss is the only skill where even with skill chaining, does less damage on average than if you didn't equip it. Low Heavy I suppose.

Pham: Acc. Mod is the same as Kazuki. She does not like this at all. Thankfully, clubs do exist, but similar to everyone else, using that will drop her damage, so equipping that is double edged really. Shield Atk is badass though. And likewise, she's tanky and doesn't have to forgo a shield to utilize her skills. Middle most likely

Lan: OH GOD THE ACCURACY. She would be so damn awesome otherwise since she keeps up with most PCs even without skill chaining. Burning that much AP is troublesome, but with a shield, the low AP cost there saves her. Aim Leg being ITE and Brace II reducing that much damage both help her. The low activation rate? Not so much. Mm...High Middle?

Mayer: More or less Linny but at least she is accurate. So her actual damage per turn is much better than his. She still runs into the same problems and pretty much utilizes the same strategy. Prvnt Loss is better than Escape though seeing as how she can still do damage if that skill triggers. In Linny's case, the battle just ends and he ends up dealing no damage. Low Light.
<@Claude> yahtzee

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:19:52 AM »
Placeholder post from the great purge. Not actually continuing this! (For now at least).

Emma route bosses:
Yuji Kuroi (Form 1)
Supporting cronies: 4 (one is an APC)
Mech: Enyo Mk 109
Body - 292
L/R Arm - 184
Legs - 240

Def-C: 0%
Acc+: 12%
Eva: 0%

Damage:
- Missile that deals 1 x 109 damage (Fire type). Has an 89% chance of hitting
- Hardblow that deals 1 x 56 damage (Impact type). Has a 112% chance of hitting

Battle Skills:
Zoom I: Ups accuracy by 1.2x (raises missile accuracy to 106%)

Damage from party (Kazuki, Emma, Ryogo, no upgrades, all starting wanzers):
Kazuki's Odin M98 Shotgun - 24 x 12 (288 damage)
Kazuki's Bone Buster Fist - 186 x 1
Emma's Quill Missiles - 130 x 1
Ryogo's Kodo SNG220 M.Gun - 24 x 10 (240 damage)

Average Party Damage: 211
Average Party HP, Body: 362
Average Party HP, All parts: 1112

Comments: Uh…yeah. This form sucks. 6 shots of 4HKO damage which is inherently inaccurate (89% without evasion boost on anyone). Lights with healing or some form of evasion will beat him since after he runs out of missiles, he’s stuck with the hardblow of doom. 15% chance of triggering a guaranteed hit though! No. I haven’t even gotten to his god awful durability have I? Puny.

BOSS LIU (Form 1)
Supporting cronies: 4
Mech: Jinyo Mk 110
Body - 340
L/R Arm - 212
Legs - 280

Def-C: 0%
Acc+: 10%

Damage:
- M. Gun that deals 15 x 10 damage (Pierce). Has an 88% chance of hitting when directly in front of enemy. Drops by 10% per square of difference.
- Hardblow that deals 1 x 56 damage (Impact type). Has a 110% chance of hitting

Battle Skills:
Avoid 20: Blocks all damage under 20 points to 0.

Damage from party (Kazuki, Emma, Ryogo, only 1 Lv. of HP upgrades):
Kazuki's Odin M98 Shotgun - 26 x 12 (312 damage)
Kazuki's Bone Buster Fist - 196 x 1
Emma's Quill Missiles - 144 x 1
(Emma's Kodo SNG220 M.Gun 20 x 10 (200 damage))
Ryogo's Kodo SNG220 M.Gun - 26 x 10 (260 damage)

Average Party damage: 228.75
Average Party HP, Body: 425
Average Party HP, All parts: 1298

Comments: Better than Kuroi 1 in a duel. 150 points of damage isn’t all that impressive, but at least Liu has unlimited ammo. Avoid 20 is totally useless since even Emma at base weapon levels can break past 20 damage with a M.Gun on a high variance attack. He can scrape by below averagish damage fighters, which is…more than which could be said for Kuroi 1. Still, Light.

NOTE: From this point on, shops are opened and shields are buyable. Hence PC wanzers will be twinked. Due to shields, take enemy damage figures with some salt as they can be drastically reduced. As well, party Def-C starts being significant after the second upgrade. Most of the time, they can be set up to block the damage from bosses too. Basically, just be wary with boss damage figures.

Jose Astrada
Supporting cronies: 3 other mechs, 2 Monsters (basically an upgraded tank) and 1 Helicopter
Mech: Jinyo Mk 110
Body - 387
L/R Arm - 241
Legs - 319

Def-C: 5% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 18%
Eva: 8%

Jose also has 20 AP before upgrades (so this rounds him down to 17 AP)

Damage:
- M. Gun that deals 28 x 10 damage (Pierce). Has an 88% chance of hitting when directly in front of enemy. Drops by 10% per square of difference.
- SNG100. Equipped Shield. Can be used up to 6 times or until R.Arm HP drops to 0 to block enemy damage by 50%. All blocked damage is directed to the shield arm. Uses only 2AP. Cannot attack with this.

Battle Skills:
ROFUP II (x2): Fires 1.5 additional ammo. Note that he has 2 of these and they can chain together.

Damage from party (Kazuki, Ryogo, Dennis, Yun. 2 Lv. of HP upgrades, 1 Lv of everything else. Dennis is also twinked with a M.Gun since Rifles blow chunks):
Kazuki's SPPG14 Shotgun - 31 x 12 (372 damage)
Kazuki's Fear Fist - 229 x 1
Ryogo's DGS25 M.Gun - 31 x 10 (310 damage)
Dennis' DGS25 M.Gun - 29x10 (290 damage)
Yun's SPPG14 Shotgun - 33 x 12 (396 damage)

Party's Avg Def C: 11.25%
Party's Avg Evasion: 8%
Party's Avg Accuracy: +14.25%

Average Party damage: 319.4 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 525.5
Average Party HP, Total: 1982

Comments: Infinitely better than his PC form. For one thing, he actually has a 2HKO somewhat (280 damage to a 525 average). Def-C might reduce it to 3HKO, but most people don’t have some sort of Piercing resistance. Next, this form also STARTS with a shield. So regardless of what your stance was towards his PC side, this side actually has one from the get go, meaning despite his suspect HP, he can block ST attacks away, giving him some time for his battle skills to trigger. Speaking of battle skills, he’s also the first of the 3 bosses that has a somewhat threatening skill. 23.59% chance of one ROFUPII going off (420 damage) and 4.16% chance for comboing both (840). 27.75% of something happening. On average with skills, he actually ends up dealing around 336.24 a turn. All this probably breaks him out of Light into a Middle of some flavour. Has some problem with tankier fighters, but can at least dispatch healers/stallers and is solid in a slugfest.

Wan Dao Han (Form 1)
"Impossible! I was destined to rule this army..."
Supporting cronies: 6 (all wanzers)
Mech: Yongsai 3
Body - 436
L/R Arm - 273
Legs - 360

Def-C: 10% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 14%
Eva: 4%
AP Available: 19

Damage:
- Shotgun that deals 32 x 12 damage (Impact). Has a 80% chance to hit per shot at point blank range before evasion.
- Hardblow, unarmed punch that deals 66 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 114% chance to hit before evasion.

Battle Skills:
Escape: Same skill as Linny's. If a part will be broken for the user, when this skill activates, battle ends without damage being exchanged.

Damage from party (Kazuki, Ryogo, Dennis, Yun. 2 Lv. of HP upgrades, 1 Lv of everything else.):
Kazuki's SPPG14 Shotgun - 32 x 12 (384 damage)
Kazuki's Fear Fist - 229 x 1
Ryogo's DGS25 M.Gun 33 x 10 (330 damage)
Dennis' DGS25 M.Gun - 31 x 10 (310 damage)
Yun's SPPG14 Shotgun - 34 x 12 (408 damage)

Party's Avg Def C: 11.25%
Party's Avg Evasion: 8%
Party's Avg Accuracy: +14.25%

Average Party damage: 332.2 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 525.5
Average Party HP, Total: 1982

NOTE: Han also has other forms depending on how you handled the mission right beforehand. He's like a split-split-split path boss (I'm not kidding here), although you are guaranteed to fight him. Not listing any others for now since most of them are similar and in some missions, he even gets hit from airstrike damage.

Comments: Vaguely scrubby. Aside from the massive split path issues, he's basically a souped up version of Liu 1. In short, he sucks. Better damage thanks to the fact that the new upgrades haven't kicked in yet. But compared to Boss Jose, the durability is much worse. High Light. Gets 2 turned, just like in game! 15% chance of triggering Escape, which COULD buy him a win against frail targets.

Wan Dao Han (Form 2)
"You had me fooled with your little decoy operation. It's time for me to return the favour. Enjoy my little trap."
Supporting cronies: 7 (all wanzers)
Mech: Taita 4
Body - 820
Legs - 656

Def-C: 20% - Set to Anti-F
Acc+: 25%
AP Available: 20

Damage:
- Cannon type weapon that deals 180 x1 (Pierce) damage. This weapon cannot fire at melee range. Has roughly a 96% chance of hitting before evasion
- Grenade that deals 177 x 1 (Fire) damage. As mentioned before, this damage is applied to all parts if it hits. However, if there is only 1 part, then the damage listed is the damage that is done. Avoids all counterattacks of any sort and is MT.

Battle Skills:
None.

Damage from party (Emma, Ryogo, Dennis, Yun. 3 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Emma's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 33 x 12 (396 damage)
Emma's Yusheng 34 Missile - 234 x 1
Ryogo's Mingda 2 M.Gun 37 x 10 (370 damage)
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 34 x 10 (340 damage)
Yun's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 39 x 12 (468 damage)

Party's Avg Def C: 27.5%
Party's Avg Evasion: 19%
Party's Avg Accuracy: +30.5%

Average Party damage: 361.6 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 521.75
Average Party HP, Total: 1840.25

NOTE: Unlike his last form, this is a mandatory fight.
NOTE 2: Although average HP has actually gone down, this is primarily because of the wanzer's used for this battle. Namely, Kazuki is not included (fists are not a good weapon type for this level).

Comments: This form of Han has a couple of advantages over his previous one. First? The grenades. MT type damage that avoids counters. It also has decent range. Next his damage doesn’t totally fail. 3HKOs frailer units; so at the very least the damage ties with his first form. Now the bad news? He can’t attack at close range ever (the cannon can’t attack 1 range, and the grenades can’t be used if within 2 squares), the durability is actually not as awesome as you think (since he has less parts) and there’s napalm canisters all over this level. You can actually LURE him to the canisters with clever AI manipulation. If you hold his against him, his durability gets even worse. Possibly High Light.

Xiao Hua Lan (Form 1)
"I heard there were good pilots within the rebels...you win this round!"
Supporting cronies: 1* (all wanzers)
*If the player is fast enough, this form will not appear.
Mech: Shangdi 1
Body - 579
L/R Arm - 361
Legs - 342

Def-C: 10% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 45%
Eva: 14%
AP Available: 18

Damage:
- Rifle that deals 192 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 108% chance to hit before evasion.
- Hardblow, unarmed punch that deals 69 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 145% chance to hit before evasion.

Battle Skills:
E-Def-C2(D): Drops enemy's resistance by 2 upgrades. At this point in the game, it effectively drops everyone's resist to 0%
Brace II: Allows opponent to go first, but reduces damage taken by 80%

Damage from party (Kazuki, Ryogo, Dennis, Yun. 4 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Kazuki's Chongdu 2 - 36 x 12 (432 damage)
Kazuki's Mk9 Baton - 189 x 1
Ryogo's Mingda 2 M.Gun - 39 x 10 (390 damage)
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 35 x 10 (350 damage)
Yun's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 41 x 12 (492 damage)

Party's Avg Accuracy: +25.25%

Average Party damage: 370.6 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 695
Average Party HP, Total: 2367.75

Comments: Hey look rifles! Hey look, they still fail. Considering that you get another level of HP upgrades before this fight...yeesh. The damage is terrible as is the durability. Worse than her PC form in every way. Light. When you consider that Kazuki's melee damage has downgraded (thanks to weight limitations), this is outright SAD. Brace II WOULD help if the durability doesn’t suck. EDefNul2 doesn’t help at all. The rifle damage is THAT bad.

Xiao Hua Lan (Form 2)
"Ah! Not once, but twice...Did I underestimate you?!"
Supporting cronies: 4 (all wanzers)
Body - 706
L/R Arm - 361
Legs - 342

Acc+: 25%
Eva: 14%

Damage:
- Rifle that deals 196 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 94% chance to hit before evasion.
- Hardblow, unarmed punch that deals 76 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 125% chance to hit before evasion.

Battle Skills:
E-Def-C2(D): Drops enemy's resistance by 2 upgrades. At this point in the game, it effectively drops everyone's resist to 0%
Brace II: Allows opponent to go first, but reduces damage taken by 80%

Damage from party (Kazuki, Marcus, Dennis, Yun. 4 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Kazuki's Chongdu 2 - 36 x 12 (432 damage)
Marcus' Mk10 Fist - 313 x 1
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 35 x 10 (350 damage)

Party's Avg Def C: 30%

Average Party damage: 355.2 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 749
Average Party HP, Total: 2488

Comments: Lan, listen to me. That 4 point damage increase doesn't cut it. Go back to your Flamer and stop embarassing yourself. Light

Rosavia Gray (Form 1)
"Bark while you still can!"
Supporting cronies: 5 (all wanzers)
Mech: Shunwang 1
Body - 612
L/R Arm - 381
Legs - 420

Acc+: 18%
AP Available: 21

Damage:
- M.Gun that deals 38 x 10 (Pierce) damage. Has a 94% chance to hit before evasion.
- Hardblow, unarmed punch that deals 77 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 125% chance to hit before evasion.

Battle Skills:
Toppleshot: When activated, knocks the target to floor and drains his/her AP by 1/2 the current amount. Stops counters.
Pliot Damage II: Deals damage to the pilot when attack connects. 9 points are dealt with the M.Gun, 7 points are dealt with hardblow.

Damage from party (Kazuki, Marcus, Dennis, Yun. 4 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Kazuki's Chongdu 2 - 37 x 12 (432 damage)
Marcus' Mk10 Fist - 333 x 1
Marcus' Mk18 Spike - 286 x 1
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 36 x 10 (350 damage)

Average Party damage: 350.67 (not including battle skills)

Comments: Eh, in game, she's scary because of Pilot DMG II and her support can do loads of damage. DL format? Borderline 2HKO's, gets 2HKO'd back. Not the worst of what we've seen so far. 27.75% chance of one of her battle skills going off with a 4.16% chance for them comboing. Toppleshot is nice in theory, but it just doesn’t activate at a high enough rate for it to be reliable. Pilot DMGII, is again, a weird ass translation that you might just not consider. Light/Middle border, I think. With battle skills factored in, deals an effective average of 396 damage a round

Serov Warren
"I am not a failure! I will show you"
Supporting cronies: 4 (all wanzers)
Mech: Genie Arm
Body - 985*
L/R Arm - 681
Legs - 772

*Upon critical health, Serov regains 600 HP to his body (it is a form chain). However, he also loses his sanity and starts attacking allies at a 50% chance. Whether you hold him to this regularly is up to you.

Def-C: 30% - Set to Anti-F
Acc+: 29.75%

Damage:
- M.Gun that deals 28 x 10 (Pierce) damage. Has a 123.75% chance to hit before evasion. **
- Missile that deals 260 x 1 (Fire) Damage. Has a 104% chance of hitting before evasion
- Cannon that deal 215 x 1 (Pierce) Damage. Has a 95.9% chance of hitting before evasion.
- Grenade that deals 190 x 1(Fire) Damage. Has a 84.5% chance of hitting before evasion

** This weapon is embedded in the Body. Thus unlike all other enemies so far, Serov can keep on attacking despite losing both his arms.

Battle Skills:
Skill+3: Boosts weapon level by 3 stars. Raises his damage by approximately 20%
E-Acc2(D): Drops accuracy upgrades by 2. At this point in the game, this renders all accuracy bonus to +0%

Kazuki's Chongdu 2 - 37 x 12 (432 damage)
Marcus' Mk10 Fist - 333 x 1
Marcus' Mk18 Spike - 286 x 1
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 36 x 10 (350 damage)

Average Party damage: 350.67 (not including battle skills)

Comments: Serov's possibly the only tanky boss so far. 967 HP and regains 600 more upon hitting 0 once or in critical health. This effectively means it takes a lot more hits to kill him. Plus, it’s impossible to wall him since he has attacks of both variations. Although none of it seems extremely impressive.

Still his other stats, especially his evasion are really noticable. So relying on fire or poor accuracy fighters will have fits trying to hit him. Note that it’s impossible to tell whether or not Serov moves since he can effectively hit you anywhere without requiring to move. Blame the map size. Probably the only other boss to break out of Light besides Boss Jose. Thinking Heavy, although that might be arguable.

Jared Bogdanov (Form 1)
"I see that I have underestimated the power of humans"
Supporting cronies: 6 (4 wanzers, 2 tanks)
Body - 612
L/R Arm - 442
Legs - 420

Def-C: 20% - Set to Anti-P
Acc+: 31.25%

Damage:
- M.Gun that deals 38 x 10 (Pierce) damage. Has a 105% chance to hit before evasion.
- Hardblow that deals 76 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 132% chance to hit before evasion

Battle Skills:
Avoid 40: Any damage between the range of 0 and 40 are reduced down to 0
Revenge II: Can only activate on counters. When triggered, damage dealt for the skirmish is increased by 1.5x the stated value.

Jared fights along with (Surprise surprise!):

Rosavia Gray (Form 2)
"A mere human has this kind of power...?"
Body - 612
L/R Arm - 442
Legs - 420

Damage:
- M.Gun that deals 38 x 10 (Pierce) damage. Has a 105% chance to hit before evasion.
- Hardblow that deals 76 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 132% chance to hit before evasion

Battle Skills:
Toppleshot: When activated, stops a counterattack and drops target's AP to 1/2 of what they had currently
Pilot DMG II: Deals damage to the pilot. 9 points are dealt with the M.Gun while 7 is dealt with hardblow. If Rosavia connects this on one PC 3 times, they are dead regardless of the damage sustained to the mech.

Damage from party (Ryogo, Dennis, Yun, Li. 5 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Ryogo's Mingda 2 M.Gun - 40 x 10 (400 damage)
Li's Mingda 2 M.Gun - 39 x 10 (390 damage)
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 37 x 10 (370 damage)
Yun's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 42 x 12 (492 damage)

Party's Avg Accuracy: +32%

Average Party damage: 416 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 772.65
Average Party HP, Total: 2734.75

Comments:
Well, there's a HP upgrade just before this. I also dropped Kazuki and Marcus due to how Serov gives out an insane amount of EXP. If anything, this is beneficial for them >_>. Still they fight together and well...the stats if NOTHING else should basically say it all. Jared 3HKOs before factoring in Def-C. Once you do though, man, his damage fails hardcore. 15% chance of triggering Revenge II means nothing when you’re getting 2HKO’d by average. Avoid 40 actually does help him, but like Revenge II doesn’t trigger frequently enough to save him. Rosavia’s basically unchanged from her first form. Factoring in battle skills, Rosavia’s average damage is still around 396 a turn. Jared…does around 408 on average (but only through counters). In-game, neither Rosavia or Jared move until a few key units are killed. How you hold them to this up to you. All in all, they're basically a standard Front Mission 3 boss. Jared feels like a High Light, while Rosavia is probably Light/Middle border again.

Rebecca Sydney (Form 1)
"We're the Wulong!"
Mech: Whisk
Body - 757
L/R Arm - 471
Legs - 614

Eva: 10%

Damage:
- Melee Spike that deals 282 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 132% chance to hit before evasion.
- Missile that deals 316 x 1 (Fire) damage. Has a 105% chance to hit before evasion

Battle Skills:
None

She fights alongside...

Rudolf Kaiser (Form 1)
"We're the Wulong!"
Mech: Grezex
Body - 705
L/R Arm - 340
Legs - 451

Def-C: 20% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 38%
Eva: 19%

Damage:
- Rifle that deals 249 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 103% chance to hit before evasion
- Hardblow that deal 80 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 138% chance to hit before evasion

NOTE: This "boss" is unique. When either Rebecca or Rudolf drop to critical, both of them will leave and in their place is...

BOSS LIU (Form 2)
"So you were the ones troubling Master Bal..."
Supporting Cronies: 3 Mechs
Body - 579
L/R Arm - 361
Legs - 392

Def-C: 15% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 81%

Damage:
- Rifle that deals 249 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 135% chance to hit before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 80 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 181% chance to hit

Battle Skills
Skill +3: Increases weapon level by 3 stars. Boosts his damage by approx. 15-20% damage.
Pilot DMG I: Deals 7 points to a pilot with a rifle and 5 points with Hardblow. If Liu activates this 3 times using his Rifle, the pilot dies regardless of HP remaining on the player wanzer.

Damage from party (Kazuki, Ryogo, Yun, Dennis. 5 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Kazuki's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 39 x 12 (468 damage)
*Kazuki's MK9 Baton - 218 x 1
Ryogo's Mingda 2 M.Gun - 41 x 10 (410 damage)
Dennis' Mingda 2 M.Gun - 37 x 10 (370 damage)
Yun's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 42 x 12 (492 damage)

* This was not factored into any average, including its arm accuracy. Reason? I used it MAINLY for Eject Punch, not damage purposes (too high damage and you'll destroy the mech instead of capturing it). Plus, if you are serious about melee damage, you would try to set it up like Marcus with a Fist or a Spike instead. Still listed so that people who are interested can just tack it on. If you are wondering, Kazuki's melee arm also had a +16% accuracy bonus.

Average Party damage: 440.5 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 849.25
Average Party HP, Total: 2811.25

Comments:
Weird interp altogether. I would not give Rebecca or Rudolph this form just because a) they have better forms afterwards and b) this form is VP2 Freya-esque. In that once you drop one of them to critical, they’re automatically removed from the fight. As for Liu...well his evade is pretty godly at this point and his accuracy is equally badass. He averages somewhere around 99% hit AFTER the best evasion you can get here. The rifle damage otherwise is somewhere around a 4HKO (...), and with his own cruddy durability, he basically has to rely on his range. This form is STILL stronger than his PC form if you don’t give him Dbl ShotII since he can ACTUALLY COMBO AND DEAL SOMETHING RESEMBLING DAMAGE. Low Middle for Liu. 

Rebecca Sydney (Form 2)
"Rudolf, its them!"
Body - 525
L/R Arm - 331
Legs - 432

Acc+: 19%

Damage:
- Grenade that deals 228 x 1 (Fire) damage. Has a 71.4% chance of hitting before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 81 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 119% chance of hitting before evasion

Battle Skills
E-Acc D2: Drops the enemy's Accuracy upgrade by 2 levels. At this point, this renders all accuracy bonus to 0
Evade U2: Boosts own evade by 2. Increases her evasion to 24%

Rudolf Kaiser (Form 2)
"When they screw up, it will be our turn"
Mech: Grezex
Body - 496
L/R Arm - 295
Legs - 342

Def-C: 20% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 38%
Eva: 19%

Damage:
- Rfile that deals 249 x 1 (Pierce) damage. Has a 103.5% chance of hitting before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 80 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 138% chance of hitting before evasion

Battle Skills
Arm Smash: ITE that destroys a target's Left OR Right Arm. Damage dealt is equivalent to Max HP on arm
Def-C U2: Increases Def-C to level, raising Impact resistance to 40%

Hatori Khartoum (Form 1)
"Not bad!"
Mech: Vinedrai
Body - 510
L/R Arm - 318
Legs - 420

Acc+: 27%

Damage:
- M.Gun that deals 46 x 10 (Pierce) damage. Has a 101.6% chance of hitting before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 80 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 127% chance of hitting before evasion

Battle Skills
Hit or Miss: All attacks either hit or miss target
ESkill D1: Drops enemy weapon level by. Reduces damage received by roughly 5% as an estimate

Greg Herigle (Form 1)
"I will remember you!"
Mech: Lanze
Body - 696
L/R Arm - 382
Legs - 576

Def-C: 30% - Set to Anti-I
Acc+: 11%

Damage:
- Fist that deals 436 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 111% chance of hitting before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 78 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 111% chance of hitting before evasion

Battle Skills
Tackle II: Damage dealt is based on weight. No figure yet (sadly)
Stun Punch: Stuns enemy pilot if attack hits

Emilio Gusly (Form 1)
"Hehe, I will kill you all next time!"
Body - 525
L/R Arm - 331
Legs - 504

Acc+: 19%

Damage:
- Grenade that deals 228 x 1 (Fire) damage. Has a 71.4% chance of hitting before evasion
- Hardblow that deals 81 x 1 (Impact) damage. Has a 119% chance of hitting before evasion

Damage from party (Ryogo, Yun, Kazuki. 5 Lv. of HP upgrades, 2 Lv of everything else.):
Ryogo's Mingda 2 M.Gun - 41 x 10 (410 damage)
Kazuki's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 39 x 12 (468 damage)
Yun's Chongdu 2 Shotgun - 44 x 12 (492 damage)

Party's Avg Def C: 26.7%

Note: Kazuki is using a shield as opposed to the Baton in case you're wondering why there is no melee weapon.

Average Party damage: 468 (not including battle skills)
Average Party HP, Body: 892
Average Party HP, Total: 2845.36

Comments: The Wulong basically fight as a team against you. Li is in the party as well, but without his mech. Thus if you factor him in, he deals 18x1 damage and basically dies to a breeze >_>. Yeah. There are also 4 other infantry dudes that are fighting Li. I'm no counting them as support since they literally do NOTHING for the Wulong bosses.

Aside from that how do the other mercenaries look like? Well Rebecca and Rudolf lost HP and gained battle skills. Rebecca has some neat defensive skills, but since she has only 4 grenades, if the opponent even dodges one, she's in trouble. There aren't any refills for her, so she would be stuck using hardblow the rest of the way. Rudolf got Arm Smash. If the activation rate was higher, he would be gold. But its not. Greg is nasty as hell. His fist attacks can combo for enough damage to kill you and if not, it will stun you. Hatori has a 2HKO, gets 2HKO'd back and otherwise HITORMISS! Emilio is basically Rebecca without battle skills. And that and he's male. Rudolf is Light/Middle border, Light for Rebecca, Light/Middle for Hatori, Low Light for Emilio and Middle/Heavy border for Greg. His only weakness is that he's all melee.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:39:26 PM by Tide »
<@Claude> yahtzee