Register

Author Topic: Neoquest I Endgame Bosses (Redux)  (Read 1497 times)

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Neoquest I Endgame Bosses (Redux)
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:30:06 AM »
Because I noticed some mistakes in my old topic and decided to port it over and correct it.

Endgame Stats
HP: 265
Damage: ~55

Note on damages: All damages outside of base attacks seem to have set damage values. So anything that doesn't have a "~" next to it will always deal that damage.

Jahbal
"You have thwarted my plans long enough!"
Level: 50
HP: 700 (13xPCHP)
Attacks:
Blast: ~40 magic damage
HP Drain: 100 magic damage, recovers damage delt (~15% healing) (non-elemental
Recover: 150 healing (21.5% healing)
Fire: 90 magic damage (Fire)
Ice: 90 magic damage (Ice)
Shock: 70 magic damage (Shock/Thunder), Stuns for 3 rounds
Poison: Poisons target (50 damage each round for 5 turns, about ~20% damage per turn)
Disable: Lowers target's defense/magic defense (deals about ~10% more damage), stackable

Comments: HP Drain is a nice 3HKO and makes for good healing too, especially considering he already has such high HP. Kind of like a Breath of Fire boss with healing. Also has three big elements to choose from and ridiculously powerful status in Poison. And for his final trick, he can lower your defense. Yeah, he's good. Too bad the entire game is reliant on magic damage, but still High Godlike.

Note: Jahbal appears on every mode. Beating Jahbal on Normal mode ends the game and gives you the normal ending.

Mastermind
"I never thought that you would defeat my puppet, Jahbal, but it seems you have. You will not foil my plan to conquer the world, you fool!"
HP: 1000 (18xPCHP)
Attacks:
Blast: ~50 magic damage
HP Drain: 50 magic damage per turn, can last for up to 3 turns, recovers damage dealt (5% healing per turn)
Fire: 120 magic damage (Fire)
Ice: 120 magic damage (Ice)

Comments: Has two of the three big elements at near-2HKO damage, as well as some crappy parasitic healing (well, not that crappy when you consider it's 1xPCHP healing per turn). Oh, and even tankier than Jahbal. Suffers from Necron syndrome though. Another High Godlike, but not up to Jahbal's level without an effective, reliable form of healing.

Note: Mastermind only appears on Evil and InSaNe difficulty. Beating him on Evil ends the game and gives you the good ending.

Xantan Reborn
"You've defeated those fools who thought they could overthrow me. And even I was defeated once, [name]. THAT SHALL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN! EN GARDE!"
HP: 1000 (18xPCHP)
Attacks:
Blast: ~50 magic damage

Comments: See Mastermind, subtract everything but the ridiculous HP. About 5HKO damage, but I don't think anything kills him fast enough for that to be too much of an issue. So really he just sits there spamming his weak attack while his opponent chips away at his massive HP. Low Godlike, nothing in Heavy can kill him fast enough.

Note: Xantan Reborn only appears on InSaNe mode. Beating him there will get you the best ending.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:27:51 AM by RadLink5 »