Register

Author Topic: Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter One of the Hoopz Barkley Saga  (Read 4074 times)

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile

Must rank.  Or Not Ranked.  One or the other, preferably both.

Anyway, welcome to Barkley, the most awesome independent RPG ever made.  It's awesome, and you should bow down and worship it.

Mechanics
Pretty cool stuff here.  Barkley uses pretty self-explanatory stats, explained below...

Vital Statistics and What They Mean
VP: Hey, life points; lose these and you go to Hell, where "Proud to be an American" plays all day and everyone speaks l33t...seriously
BP: B-ball points, bitch!  Can't slam and ham without these
Speed: Action order, evasion, and accuracy!  This is an important stat - speed is linear, and EXAs are possible (so Hoopz EXAs Cyberdwarf around his second action), so more of this is always good.  In addition, this stat also governs accuracy and evasion - the exact mechanics I do not know for certain, but suffice to say that this and attack base accuracy (since special attacks don't seem to miss) help you hit things.  In general, though, base accuracy is more important, as even Hoopz with his excellent speed will miss with attacks that have lower accuracy at a decent rate (just...less than if he were Charles or someone with less speed).  Cyberdwarf's Combo attacks, however, despite his speed, cannot miss.  Effective evade rates will be listed with the characters, though I believe the general evade and accuracy formula are simply subtractive
Guard: Physical defense.  The higher this is, the less damage you receive from physical attacks.  It's a divisional system, so Cyberdwarf is a pretty evil physical tank due to this.
Brain: Affects damage of specials (magic) and defense against the aforementioned.  Similarly divisional, making Balthios a pretty sexy magical tank.
Power: Physical offense.  Higher Power allows for more damaging basic attacks.  

The game uses a combat system similar to Super Mario RPG and other timed hit games.  Basic attacks such as Free Throw have timing that increases damage based on where you press buttons/hit keys etc.  Most of these are easy to accomplish, so for simplicity sake, I have assumed they are all perfected.  All noted stat boosts below affect the base character stat before equipment is factored in.  The game has no differentiation between elements.  The game also lacks status defense.  Speaking of status...

Status Effects and You Health
Asperger's: Afflicted character acts fucking weird
Diabetes: Afflicted character takes 5% MVP damage each action
Fouled: Afflicted character skips their next action
Glaucoma: Afflicted character suffers a 50% loss in base attack accuracy
Handicapable: Afflicted character suffers a 50% loss in their Brain stat
Montezuma's Revenge: Afflicted character suffers a 50% loss in their Guard stat
Parkinon's: Afflicted character suffers a 50% loss in their Power stat
Stroke: Afflicted character cannot act for 3 actions
Time Out: Afflicted character suffers a 50% loss in their Speed stat

I took one bit of a liberty with the stats.  There is a sidequest where you have a choice between choosing two different sides, and these sides offer different rewards.  One side gives the best armour for Hoopz and Charles in the game, the Shrekmono - however, there's only one, and it's not unique.  The other quest gives Balthios' best armour and the option of getting a wish from Kazaam that raises all stats of all characters by 5 permanently.  I assumed one takes the stat boost, as it is overall the best option of the group, and is much better balanced and worth it than the Shrekmono.  Similarly, there is a sidequest in the B-ball Dimension where Barkley fights Kevin Garnett solo in the arena.  The prize is a Mithril Jersey, but it is once again shared between Hoopz and Charles.  The armour is Guard +26, and though I didn't assume it, I could see allowing it to Charles for plot reasons.  Otherwise all equipment is either unique, storebought, or initial (in the case of accessories).

Huh, less that I thought. Ok, guess it's time for some awesomeness!

Charles Barkley
"Fourth quarter, tie game.  Who's going to be the one to make the final shot..."
Level 12 Slams Master
VP: 803
BP: 68
Speed: 75 (88% average speed)
Guard: 86 (97% physical durability)
Brain: 68 (94% magical durability)
Power: 211

H/s B-ball: Power +80, doubles the hits of all Shots and Doubleteam; accuracy of the additional hits are calculated independently; effects are noted by the use of () and / below
Referee Uniform: Guard +14
Maureen's Ring: Speed +1

Shots:
Free Throw: 74 (148) physical damage per hit, 2/4 hits total (148/296 total damage), may strike multiple targets by dividing hits between different targets, 75% base accuracy
Pass: 212 (424) physical damage, 50% base accuracy
Forward Jumper: 113 (226) physical damage, reduces user Guard by 33% until next action, 100% base accuracy
Jumper: 134 (268) physical damage, 150% base accuracy
Fadeaway Jumper: 110 (220) physical damage, raises user Guard by 33% until next action, 100% base accuracy

Guard: Raises user Guard by 66% until their next action

Slam/Jam:
Doubleteam (10 BP): 40 magical damage per hit, hits 6/12 times total (240/480 total damage)
Showboat Jam (20 BP): 252 magical damage, randomly raises user Power, Guard, Brain, or Speed by 15%
Vampslam (10 BP): 174 magical damage, drains damage dealt as VP for the user
Holy Dunk (35 BP): 342 magical damage
Ghost Muscle (5 BP): Raises user Brain and Power by 15%; caps after 2 uses at 25% increase; using this boosts Free Throw, Pass, Doubleteam, and Holy Dunk's damage by 50%/100%, and raises the damage of Forward Jumper, Jumper, Fadeaway Jumper, Showboat Jam and Vampslam by 25%/50%

Balthios James
"Zaubers?  You think you know zaubers?  Heh, I'll show you zaubers..."
Level 12 Zaubermancer
VP: 614
BP: 89
Speed: 89 (105% average speed)
Guard: 77 (67% physical durability, 84% physical durability with Snail Zauber)
Brain: 130 (137% magical durability)
Power: 119

Bloody Zauber: Power +60, Brain +4
*Snail Zauber: Power +48, Guard +20, Brain +3
Falcon Jodhpurs: Guard +34
Sunglasses: Brain +2

Blitz:
Zauber Slash: 106 magical damage, 200% base accuracy
Stab Dash: 121 physical damage, 200% base accuracy
Zeta Flash: Delays target's next action by 20%, MT

Counter: Balthios will counter any attacks made against him until his next action with the same attack used against him; the damage dealt with the counter is based against the attacker's appropriate defense

Zauber:
Flame Zauber (5 BP): Lowers Power by 25%, MT
Ice Zauber (20 BP): 425 magical damage
Water Zauber (10 BP): Inflicts Glaucoma and Diabetes 100%, MT
Wind Zauber (25 BP): 111 magical damage per hit, hits 2 times total (222 total damage), MT
Thunder Zauber (25 BP): 97 magical damage per hit, hits 5 times total (485 total damage)
Snail Zauber (10 BP): Lowers Speed by 25%, MT
Muscle Zauber (20 BP): Randomly lowers Power, Guard, Brain, or Speed by 5% per hit, hits 7 times total

Cyberdwarf
"What, you think this is a volleyball?  Get with the game chump!"
Level 12 Cyberdwarf
VP: 950
Speed: 57 (67% average speed)
Guard: 149 (200% physical durability)
Brain: 53 (87% magical durability)
Power: 184

Dwarf Muscle: Power +88, Guard +10
Tupperware Armour: Guard +45
Sweatband: Brain +6

Combo: Cyberdwarf has a certain amount of time to perform attacks.  Similar to Legaia, there's a bar that indicates how much space he has to perform certain moves, with different moves requiring different amounts of space/time.  Using an attack will increase its damage by 25% as long as it is not followed or preceeded by the same attack (so Jab-Kick-Punch would cause all 3 attacks to do 25% more damage than indicated).  Indicated below are the damages for each attack at base.  A Jab is the base attack, with Kick taking 25% more time to accomplish, and Punch taking 50% more time to accomplish (making a max of 8 Jabs, 6 Kicks, 4 Punches, or any combination of the aforementioned).  Finishers immediately end a Combo, and Cyberdwarf must have enough time/space to use them.  Push takes as much time to complete as Punch, while Toss takes 25% more time to accomplish than Push, while Suplex takes 50% more time than Push.

Regular Attacks:
Jab: 39 (49) physical damage
Kick: 44 (55) physical damage
Punch: 71 (89) physical damage

Finishers:
Push: Lowers Brain by 25%
Toss: Lowers Power by 25%
Suplex: Lowers Guard by 25%

Cover: Raises Guard by 33% and places Cyberdwarf in a protective position; Cyberdwarf will take any hits directed at any ally until his next action; Cyberdwarf can guard MT attacks, but may only guard one person in the party; Cyberdwarf will guard against any attack, including status attacks and magic as well as physicals

Dwarfrage:
Insulin Shot (5 BP): Heals Diabetes, prevents Diabetes from being applied to a target
Dwarven Touch (10 BP): Heals 50% MVP, randomly raises recipient Power, Guard, Brain, or Speed by 15%
Dwarf Knowledge (15 BP): Heas 100% MVP, cures negative stat modifiers
Glaucoma Prayer (5 BP): Heals Glaucoma, MT
Dwarf Caress (20 BP): Heals 66% MVP, MT
Chaff Grenade (10 BP): 197 magical damage, lowers target Power, Guard, Brain, or Speed by 25%

Hoopz Barkley
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Level 12 Guns'braster
VP: 467
BP: 47
Speed: 118 (139% average speed)
Guard: 86 (57% physical durability)
Brain: 78 (63% magical durability)
Power: 169

F.I.N.A.L. G.U.N.: Power +72, Speed +5, Brain +10
Bapes: Speed +2

Brasts:
Accurate Shot: 102 physical damage, 200% base accuracy
Rapid Fire: 31 physical damage per hit, hits 5 times total (155 total damage), may strike multiple targets by dividing hits between different targets, 75% base accuracy
Mega Shot: 197 physical damage, 50% base accuracy

Evade: Evades the next attack targetted at Hoopz 100%; this affects any attack in full, and stays in effect after use until dispelled by an attack

Guns'tech:
Gun's Slay (10 BP): 57 magical damage per hit, hits 8 times total (456 total damage)
Bullet Dance (10 BP): 20 magical damage per hit, hits 16(?) times total (320 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Status Shot (10 BP): Inflicts Diabetes 100%
TrickGun Assault (30 BP): 34 magical damage per hit for 10 hits (340 total damage) followed by 130 magical damage per hit for 2 hits (260 total damage) for a total of 600 magical damage

Averages:

VP: 709
1) Cyberdwarf - 950
2) Charles Barkley - 803
3) Balthios James - 614
4) Hoopz Barkley - 467

1) Balthios James - 89
2) Cyberdwarf - 68
3) Charles Barkley - 68
4) Hoopz Barkley - 47

Speed: 85
1) Hoopz Barkley - 118
2) Balthios James - 89
3) Charles Barkley - 75
4) Cyberdwarf - 57

Guard: 100
1) Cyberdwarf - 149
2) Charles Barkley - 86
3) Hoopz Barkley - 86
4) Balthios James - 77

Brain: 82
1) Balthios James - 130
2) Hoopz Barkley - 78
3) Charles Barkley - 68
4) Cyberdwarf - 53

Power: 171
1) Charles Barkley - 211
2) Cyberdwarf - 184
3) Hoopz Barkley - 169
4) Balthios James - 119

Damage: 446
1) Balthios James - 485 (Thunder Zauber)
2) Charles Barkley - 480 (Doubleteam)
3) Hoopz Barkley - 456 (Gun's Slay)
4) Cyberdwarf - 364 (Jab-Punch-Jab-Punch-Jab-Jab Combo)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:54:34 PM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Such an awesome game wouldn't be complete without a temp!  Here he is, taken at level 5 with the rest of the party!  

Vinceborg 2050
"Ready to assist in poem creation"
Level 5 Cyborgballer
VP: 658
BP: 42
Speed: 45 (98% average speed)
Guard: 60 (116% physical durability)
Brain: 28 (69% magical durability)
Power: 118

Spiked B-ball: Power +38
Bapes: Speed +2

Cyborg Attacks
Eye Laser: 47 physical damage per hit, hits 9 times total (423 total damage), may strike multiple targets by dividing hits between different targets, 200% base accuracy

Skillz:
Refractor Beam (25 BP): 59 magical damage per hit, hits 12(?) times total (708 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target

Averages:

VP: 557
1) Vinceborg - 658
2) Cyberdwarf - 630
3) Charles Barkley - 532
4) Balthios James - 406

BP: 46
1) Balthios James - 56
2) Cyberdwarf - 42
3) Charles Barkley - 42
4) Vinceborg - 42

Speed: 46
1) Balthios James - 56
2) Charles Barkley - 47
3) Vinceborg - 45
4) Cyberdwarf - 35

Guard: 61
1) Cyberdwarf - 72
2) Balthios James - 61
3) Vinceborg - 60
4) Charles Barkley - 51

Brain: 48
1) Balthios James - 87
2) Charles Barkley - 42
3) Cyberdwarf - 34
4) Vinceborg - 28

Power: 109
1) Charles Barkley - 132
2) Vinceborg - 118
3) Cyberdwarf - 96
4) Balthios James - 88

Damage: 356
1) Vinceborg - 423 (Eye Laser Full Focus)
2) Balthios James - 400 (Thunder Zauber)
3) Cyberdwarf - 330 (8 Jab Combo)
4) Charles Barkley - 270 (Doubleteam)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:55:41 PM by OblivionKnight »

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Enemies are somewhat randomized with regards to stats by ~10%, bosses included.  I went through and checked each boss through 3 times and averaged the results.  This could very well still be off by 10% in either direction, though, but should be a close approximation.  Most of the party average stuff should be self-explanatory.  The only exception would be the damage averages.  The basic attack average is the average damage of every character's best non-BP damage.  The special attack average is the average damage if every character used their strongest attack in a round.  Most of the big bad skills (Holy Dunk, Trick Gun Assault) have high costs and are only usable once per fight, but do excellent damage and can one-round a boss.  I'd take something in between the two personally, but these two averages should give a good idea of the general damage output of the cast around the time each boss is fought.

BBall Monster
"B-BAAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSS!"
VP: ~1450
Defense: Above average; 18% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Below average; 15% more damage taken on average
Speed: <44 (~24)
*Vulnerable to status (Glaucoma, Diabetes)

Ball Punch: 89 physical damage
Juke Spinner: 15 physical damage damage per hit, hits 3 times total (45 total damage), used 3 times in succession, may focus on the same target
BBall Twister: 60 ITD magical damage
Brace Oneself: Raises Power by 25%; this effectively doubles Juke Spinner's damage per hit, and raises the damage of Ball Punch by 50%
Mega Jump: 147 magical damage, MT

Party Averages
Level: 3
VP: 402
Speed: 44
Damage: 71 (basic attacks)/267 (special attacks)

*Note that Dikembe Mutumbo is an optional boss; however, you need to fight him now or you cannot fight him ever again; since he's scaled for the time, I assume he's fought immediately after recruiting Cyberdwarf, with Vinceborg in the party

Dikembe Mutumbo
"BOOOOOOOOM!  SHAKA! LAKA!"
HP: ~1300
Defense: Above average; 17% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Below average; 5% more damage taken on average
Speed: <56, >=46 (~50)

Balla Dash: 150 physical damage
Demi-Lightning Fists: 45 physical damage damage per hit, hits 8 times total (360 total damage)
Devolve: Heals 600 VP (~50% MVP); Dikembe Mutumbo skips his next turn

Party Averages
VP: 557
Damage: 201 (basic attacks)/414 (special attacks)

Michael Jordan
"I've got you by the nuts, you motherfucking sportlover!"
VP: ~1000
Defense: Below Average; 7% more damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above average; 3% less damage taken on average
Speed: >56 (~62)

Gun Shot: 95 physical damage
Hurricane Shot: 31 magical damage per hit, hits 9 times total (279 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
H-H-Head Shot: 245 physical damage
Swift Bolt Plus: 197 magical damage
Defy Clispaeth: Raises Guard by 25%; this effectively raises Jordan's physical defense so that he takes normal damage compared to average instead of 7% more

Vinceborg 2050
"Must destroy...Hoopz Barkley"
VP: ~1300
Defense: Above Average; 1% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 13% less damage taken on average
Speed: <35 (~23)

Eye Laser: 41 physical damage per hit, hits 4 times total (164 total damage)
Refractor Beam: 20 magical damage per hit, hits 12(?) times total (240 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Recharge: Heals 250 VP (~20% MVP)

Party Averages
Level: 5
VP: 523
Damage: 183 (basic attacks)/333 (special attacks)

Dr. Allard
"Goddamn it...don't think you've beaten me you fucking rats!"
VP: ~1200
Defense: Crappy; 50% more damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Insane; 75% less damage taken on average
Speed: >=48 (~50)
*Immune to status

Heart Stab: 213 physical damage
Diagnose Asperger's: Inflicts Asperger's 100% on a target
Faulty Plague Vaccine: 135 magical damage per hit, hits 3 times total (405 total damage), inflicts Handicapable 100%, lowers a random stat by 20%
Dirty Needles: 40 physical damage per hit, hits 6 times total (240 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Self-Lobotomy: Restores 100% BP (I don't think this actually does anything >_>  Unless he can possibly run out of BP to use his skills, but I don't think that actually can occur)
HGH Pills: "All Stats -100%"; effectively, this nukes his stats pretty badly to the effect that Cyberdwarf can EXA him (no, he has no reason to use this skill ever >_>)

Party Averages
Level: 6
VP: 503
Speed: 56
Damage: 163 (basic attacks)/461 (special attacks)

Ghost Dad
"There's always room for Jell-o!"
VP: ~3900
Defense: Above Average; 5% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 4% less damage taken on average
Speed: >64 (~72)
*Immune to status

Ectoplasm: 200 magical damage, lowers a random stat by 25%
Spook: 136 physical damage, inflicts Glaucoma 100%
Ghost Muscle: Raises Power by 25%; this effectively raises the damage of Spook by 50%
Fog Breath: Lowers speed by 25%, MT
Ghostly Curse: Inflicts all statuses 100%, each status is a single individual hit, randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target

Party Averages
Level: 7
VP: 536
Speed: 60
Damage: 180 (basic attacks)/483 (special attacks)

Scott H. Creelman
"Come Charles Barkley, face my danger!"
VP: ~1800
Defense: Above Average; 17% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 17% less damage taken on average
Speed: >=68 (~72)

Kamikaze Jam: 498 magical damage
Low Blow: 193 physical damage
Illusion Shot: 84 magical damage per hit, hits 6 times total (504 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Glory of BBall: 560 VP healing (~33% MVP), cures negative status
BBall Bash: 85 physical damage per hit, hits 3 times total (255 total damage)

Party Averages
Level: 8
VP: 570
Speed: 66
Damage: 228 (basic attacks)/539 (special attacks)

*The upcoming boss is random; if you decide to use the Underground Railroad, then you won't fight him.

Balthios/Duergar
"Every Columbus Day I am forced to turn into a rampaging duergar filled with bloodlust and disregard for those around me, entirely consumed by a hunger for rubies and gemstones"
VP: ~1700
Defense: Above Average; 12% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 25% less damage taken on average
Speed: >48 (~56)
*Immune to status

Gold Encrusted Pick Toss: 80 physical damage per hit, hits 4 times total (320 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Gemstorm: 185 magical damage, MT
Level 2 Melf's Acid Arrow: 220 magical damage, inflicts Diabetes 100%

Party Averages
Level: 9
VP: 747
Speed: 54
Damage: 325 (basic attacks)/438 (special attacks)

Reginald/Richards/Raffleson/Rutherford
"I see you are as ignorant as those who lived on this island..."
VP: ~1000
Defense: Above Average; 7% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Excellent; 68% less damage taken on average
Speed: >72 (~96)
*Immune to status
**Reginald has a special shield that reduces all damage by ~75% before defenses; this shield begins up, and goes down when he next uses an attack other than Eat Sandwich; upon his next turn, he will use Spell Exhaustion to restore the shield

Greater Earth Spire: 300 physical damage
Summon Bee Swarm: 110 magical damage per hit, hits 4 times total (440 total damage)
Chromatic Orb Lv199: 100 magical damage, lowers Power, Guard, and Brain by 25%
Eat Sandwich: Restores 999 BP (wwwwooooooooohhhooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!)
Spell Exhaustion: Restores the damage reduction shield noted above

Party Averages
VP: 672
Damage: 267 (basic attacks)/475 (special attacks)

Diabeastie
"Sugar SuGar SUGaR sugaR <GLOMP>"
VP: ~1250
Defense: Below Average; 1% more damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 43% less damage taken on average
Speed: >60, <70 (~64)

Deadly Smile: STARES INTO YOUR SOUL; charge up for Spontaneous Sugarification
Glomp: 200 magical damage
Sugar Storm: Inflicts Diabetes 100%, MT
Grasp of Glucose: 115 physical damage per hit, hits 3 times total (345 total damage)
Spontaneous Sugarification: 5230 physical damage

Party Averages
VP: 672
Damage: 267 (basic attacks)/475 (special attacks)

Vinceborg 2050
"My mission is to kill Hoopz Barkley and if you're going to stand in my way, then I'll kill you too!"
VP: ~2400
Defense: Above Average; 10% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above Average; 30% less damage taken on average
Speed: >63, <76 (~66)

Eye Laser: 52 physical damage per hit, hits 4 times total (208 total damage)
Refractor Beam: 26 magical damage per hit, hits 12(?) times total (312 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Proximity Pass: 135 physical damage per hit, hits 2 times total (270 total damage), randomly strikes 2 targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Binary Shower: Raises Power, Guard, Brain, and Speed by 25%; this effectivly raises Vinceborg's damage on his attacks by ~50%, and reduces the damage he takes by 25% (physical) and 55% (magical)
Short Circuit: Lowers Guard and Brain by 25%
Recharge: Heals 475 VP (~20% MVP)

Party Averages
Level: 10
Speed: 63
Damage: 281 (basic attacks)/496 (special attacks)

*The following bosses are both optional bosses that can be fought at any time before going to the final dungeon (which consists of 3 rooms and 2 bosses).  I'll get them later, most likely, but not right now.

Ghastly Darklord

Kevin Garnett

Michael Jordan
"This is b-ball in all its glory, this is the final game!  No refs.  No whistles.  No rules.  Just you, me, and Sweet Georgia Brown"
VP: ~2000
Defense: Average; 0% more damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above average; 9% less damage taken on average
Speed: <75 (~68)

Gun Shot: 76 physical damage
Hurricane Shot: 17 magical damage per hit, hits 9 times total (153 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
H-H-Head Shot: 237 physical damage
Swift Bolt Plus: 210 magical damage
Defy Clispaeth: Raises Guard by 25%; this effectively raises Jordan's physical defense so that he takes 12% less damage compared to average instead of 0% more

Party Averages (solo Barkley battle)
Level: 12
VP: 803
Speed: 75
Damage: 296 (basic attacks)/480 (special attacks)

Shadow Barkley
"Hmm, so you want a fight?  So be it, Barkley.  Face me and my deadly b-balls"
VP: ~3000
Defense: Above Average; 18% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Above average; 18% less damage taken on average
Speed: >89 (~110)

Dark Vortex: 270 magical damage
Shadow Lightning: 94 magical damage per hit, hits 7(?) times total (658 total damage), randomly strikes all targets on-screen, focuses on a single target
Plague Needler: Fires 4 needles to randomly strike all targets on-screen, 2 of the needles inflict Diabetes 100%, the other 2 inflict Glaucoma 100%, focuses on a single target
Verboten Jam: 4884 physical damage
Moon Regeneration Heals 560 VP (~20% MVP), cures negative status

T-Rex Barkley
"Now you must face my ultimate form!  KWAHUAHAHA!"
VP: ~5200
Defense: Above Average; 24% less damage taken on average
Magic Defense: Average; 0% more damage taken on average
Speed: >89 (~110)

Tail Whip: 160 physical damage per hit, hits 3 times total (480 total damage)
Dinosaur Spit: Lowers Power, Guard, Brain, and Speed by 25%
Chomp Chomp Yum Yum: 315 magical damage, drains damage dealt as VP for the user; if this attack misses, the healing still takes effect
Flamehell: 240 magical damage, MT
Battle Roar: Raises Brain by 50% on first use, raises Power by 50% on second use; these boosts raise the damages of Flamehell and Tail Whip by 50% and 75%, respectively
Doomfire Death: 9999 ITD set damage per hit, hits 2 times total, randomly strikes all targets on-screen, does not focus on a single target

Party Averages (Endgame Averages)
Level: 12
Speed: 85
Damage: 245 (basic attacks)/478 (special attacks)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:40:56 PM by OblivionKnight »

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Should note that Shadow Barkley chainforms into T-Rex Barkley. And I think it'd be better to classify Doomfire Death as ID since that is essentially what it is. Verboten Jam is either two and a half Havok Wings or more ID (I'll go with the 2.5 Havok Wings interpretation). He's Godlike if you allow Verboten Jam to just be overpowered, some sort of Heavy if you see it as ID.

And given how easy it is to restore your BP, I'd go by the Special Attacks average. Shadow Barkley falls faster than Kefka in game, no reason to give him insane durability too.

I just realized, I compared him to Kefka twice. It's gotta be the wing on his back. Although he IS another ball lightning anyway.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:04:00 AM by RadLink5 »