Author Topic: Zelda: A Link to the Past  (Read 2268 times)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Zelda: A Link to the Past
« on: January 27, 2012, 02:05:27 AM »
- LttP is an action-adventure game and... yeah I probably don't have to explain this, do I? I'm pretty sure you've probably played this game, and if not then you should go and do that now.

- Link can only use one subweapon at a time, which is to say he can't have the Cane of Byrna active while spamming Silver Arrows.

- Where the tag "Instant" appears, I am referring to actions that do not have any windup time and are completely irrespective of positioning. These should probably be considered fast relative to the damage-dealing skills such as using the Sword/Bow/Hammer/Rods.

- When I say "MT/ITE, I am saying that because it hits every resolved enemy with no chance of evasion (Evasion example: the flyers who like to dodge stuff).

- Invulnerable refers to the Cane of Byrna's invincibility. Link can interact with environs but can not be harmed or affected by status (Polymorph).

- Intangible refers to the Magic Cape's effect. This makes Link both invincbile to damage and allows him to freely pass through otherwise obstructing obstacles (giant spike blocks, bumpers...)

- An explanation of status effects.
* Stun: Stuns enemy so they can not take action for 8 seconds. This, inevitably, is death.
* Freeze: Turns enemies into a frozen statue permanently that can be destroyed at whim.
* Incinerate: Instant Death by, well, inceneration.
* Polymorph: Turns enemies into a harmless blob that can be frozen/destroyed at leisure.

HP average: 160
Damage average: 24 (kill point 60)

Link:
HP: 160 [100% HP]
MP: 128

Equipment:
Golden Sword
Red Tunic [Reduces damage to 25%, meaning Link takes 4x damage if this is destroyed/removed somehow]
Mirror Shield: Blocks physical, fireball, and reflects laser projectiles from the front when Link is not taking an action. Can not be forcibly removed.

Golden Sword: 16 damage. At full health, this can fire a beam that will do 2 damage at range.
Magic Boomerang: Stuns enemy, long ranged.
Bow & Silver Arrow : 24 damage. 70 Uses.
Hookshot: Stuns enemy, long range. Delay on Link's actions if it misses.
Bomb (30): Takes a long time to explode, for 4 damage. 30 uses.
Fire Rod (8 MP): Incinerates one target. 8 Fire damage if immuned
Ice Rod (8 MP): Freezes one target. 8 Ice damage if immuned.
Bombos (16 MP): Instant. Incineration, MT/ITE. Requires a sword to use.
Ether Medallion (16 MP): Instant. Freeze, MT/ITE. Requires a sword to use.
Quake Medallion (16 MP): Instant. Transforms enemies into harmless blobs. MT/ITE. Requires a sword to use.
Magic Hammer: 8 damage. Destroys frozen targets.
- Link has 4 Magic Bottles, each of which can hold one of the following, and are an Instant action on use.
1. Faerie. Restores 48 HP on use, or auto-revives link with 48 HP on death.
2. Blue Medicine. Fully Restores HP and MP.

Cane of Byrna (8 MP): Instant. Grants Invulnerability for 5 MP/sec. Also creates a 'wisp' that rapidly circles Link and deals 2 damages upon impact with an enemy. If a single enemy is assaulted via this wisp for the duration of Link's MP, this can hit 50 times, for a total of 100 damage.
Magic Cape: Instant. Grant's /Intangibility for 7.5 MP/sec. Using this with a full magic bar, Link can attack with his sword 36 times, for a total of 576 damage.

Comments: 4 flavors of 'I win" status combined with lots of time with invulnerability. The invulnerability action and the status may be considered fast actions, and the generous let him come in with some combination of 4 auto-lifes/Full-Restores. So yeah. Godlike.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:03:17 PM by Pyro »

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda: A Link to the Past
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:49:34 AM »
The bug catching net instant kills Zera, and maybe Sephiroth. I'm not sure.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:59:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure you've probably played this game, and if not then you should go and do that now

I will kill you in your sleep

Seriously, good work.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
Now do the bosses. Or at least Ganon.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
Since some folks like to know what Zelda 2: Link's Adventure form looks like...

Link:
HP: 128
MP: 128

Movelist:

Sword Thrust: 80 damage
Downstab: See above
Up Stab: See above

Magic: These are usable in rapid succession
Shield: 16 MP. Halves all forms of damage for the rest of the battle.
Jump: 8 MP. Gives Link mad ups (lets him get attack flying enemies)
Life: 50 MP. Restores 48 HP.
Fairy: 40 MP. Turns link into a harmless Fairy who can do nothing but fly around. Gets a medal for being the most worthless melee immunity ever.
Fire: 16 MP.  Enables Link's normal attacks to shoot fireballs that deal the same damage as his attacks, but at range (and magic fire damage).
Reflect: 16 MP. Enables Link to reflect magic waves and block most otherwise unblockable attacks.
Spell: 16 MP. Polymorph, MT. Turns onscreen enemies into harmless bops that are easily dispatched of. This doesn't give full exp, and enemies killed this way respawn (they normally don't).
Thunder: 64 MP. Does 160 MT thunder magic damage.

Comments: Yeah Link wants his LttP form if you'll let him have it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:34:14 AM by Pyro »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:25:47 AM »
Well, Zelda II Link has the advantage of being in a game that is closer to an RPG (levels, spells, etc.) and thus more likely to be legal!  His other "advantage" is that his durability buffer is a spell so definitely shouldn't be taken into the durability average, and is possibly a "fast action" depending on interp, unlike the Red Tunic which arguably does LttP Link zilch in the DL.  Might matter if, uh, you see full MT as defeating Link's invisibility cape and see activating Cane of Byrna as merely being average speed, so Z2 link can survive a fast OHKO that LttP Link couldn't....   okay, yeah, I'm reaching.