Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 1  (Read 9778 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 1
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »
This will be the first of 4 preliminary matchups.  Each division will have 8 matches.  Topics will run sunday-sunday... probably.  This one obviously isn't.

Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series)
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
The Harlot (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne) v Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Arceus (Pokémon) v Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)

Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Velius (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Lavos (Chrono Trigger) v Jade (Breath of Fire)
Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Lucia (Suikoden Series)

Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III)
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) v Hugo (Suikoden III)
Momo (Breath of Fire III) v Isaac (Gold Sun)

Shadow Teddie (Person 4) v Zeon (Shining Force II)
Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts)
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) v Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Enrique (Skies of Arcadia) v Stocke (Radiant Historia)
Shante (Arc the Lad II) v Dalton (Chrono Trigger)
Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)

Prier (La Pucelle: Tactics) v Espeon (Pokémon)
Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series)

Light

Alenia (Suikoden V) v Nana (Grandia)
Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears)
Nei (Phantasy Star II) v Snowe (Suikoden IV)
Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)
Sunset (Live a Live) v Janus (Valkyrie Profile)
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) v Shiki Misaki (The World Ends with You)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 1, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:51:46 AM »
Will get to the rest later, just wanted to post initial thoughts:

Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - This hinges entirely on whether or not I let Lost Progress counter Miracle.
The Harlot (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne) v Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)

Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - Ha ha ha...

Heavy

Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts)
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) v Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Uh... I don't -think- Luna can buff her way out of this one...
Enrique (Skies of Arcadia) v Stocke (Radiant Historia) - I don't think Enrique has anything that can remotely threaten Stocke at all. If he's going to get a Judgement off Stocke can push him to the back row and defend.

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)

Light

Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears) - Oh dear god this is amazing.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) - Could Raja buff his magic defense?

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Pretty sure he win this with something.
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:53:36 AM by Nephrite »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series)- Abstain for now.

Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)v Velius (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Really doubt velius has the physical damage or durability for this.
Lavos (Chrono Trigger) v Jade (Breath of Fire)- Cute, but no. Jade is 2HKOing here at worst, and Lavos's damage isn't that crazy.
Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Teepo can't really chip.

Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III)- Death.
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Zed sucks.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) v Hugo (Suikoden III)- Cancel spam vs evade does not work well.
Momo (Breath of Fire III) v Isaac (Gold Sun)- very tenatively thinking he has some kind of nasty trick with Djinn unleashes.

Shadow Teddie (Person 4) v Zeon (Shining Force II)- I have negative respect for Shadow Teddie's big damage, so Zeon cruises.
Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts)- Game of death.
Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)-  Don't allow WA4 status blockers.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Damage overwhelms, here.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) v Dalton (Chrono Trigger)- Dalton vs healer. Fuck off, Dalton.
Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- Hold.

Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)-  Bart's limit damage isn't much.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Has a better limit game.
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series)- don't think Sceptile 2HKOs Titania.

Light

Alenia (Suikoden V) v Nana (Grandia)- Infinitely more respect.
Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears)- Big joe does more damage, is more accurate, is way more durable and is faster to boot. this is sad.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)- Wrong damage type, Nina.

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)- Should apply some status before running out of SP.
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Mao's probably more competent in theory, but fuck that. ANIMALS HAVE NO GOD

Neph: The Judgement should OHKO through defend or mother other tricks, the damage is insane. That said, it's like turn four or five at the earliest and Enrique is not durable.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:23:28 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:44:20 AM »
Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Mmmm, sure.
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Haha no.
Momo (Breath of Fire III) v Isaac (Golden Sun) - Issac's faster but I don't think it's enough given he has to contend with status and Momo herself can get immunity to Issac's.  That and I very much doubt he can keep up a heal lock with high-damage unleashes.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Easy.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) v Dalton (Chrono Trigger) - Most likely

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) - fuck this
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:48:29 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series): Pretty sure I still allow Myria1, who kinda stomps. 3 is an interesting fight.
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Kaguya is below average speed, Lady is not.

Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Velius (Final Fantasy Tactics): Velius' MT damage may let him cut through the auras if he's lucky, but he can't do squat to Ashera's body.
Lavos (Chrono Trigger) v Jade (Breath of Fire): Lavos is good, but not this good.
Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story): I have fairly low Indalecio respect, but his damage is just way too much better than Teepo's.

Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III): I think Death is baarely turn 2 here.
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Melee physicals against Eph is a very bad idea.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) v Hugo (Suikoden III): Levin gets pretty badly spoiled here, Hugo has pretty stupid

Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts): This is kinda not close.
Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) v Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Probably OHKOs with his best damage being fire and all. Strawman isn't that awesome against bosses.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): Florina should hit hard enough here.
Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3): Hold.

From here on the remaining matches require thought annnd I lack patience for Light scrubfights at the moment. Good work with them anyway, CK!

Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss): Um. Unsure?
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series): Sceptile beats FE9 easily enough, but FE10 is legal now I guess and... I dunno.

Light

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts): Okay this one is easy. Corpse Arm's status tilts it, if nothing else.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 02:17:15 AM »
Most things except the first four godlike matches were hatbot with a little assist here and there.  That said, Light's top four were excellent work on his part and very similar to what I might have done had I not been in "get it done get it done now" mode.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 02:25:40 AM »
I DEMAND LILY

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Elfbooooooooooooooooy save uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus
Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - LADY VS. BUFFER WHO IS SLOWER THAN HER HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Arceus (Pokémon) v Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - You'd -think- this would be a pretty difficult to consider match. Problem is Arceus is -entirely- vulnerable to Silence, Mana Khemia 2 Silence is comprehensive enough to get Pokémon skills for me (gets both physical and magical skillsets, so have fun) and Falling Leaves Silence is unerringly accurate. Arceus has literally no way to blow past either of the two Falling Leaves phases, which he needs to in order to not die horribly. He walls Swordtree form rather absurdly, but Falling Leaves form just tears him a new one.

Lavos (Chrono Trigger) v Jade (Breath of Fire) - lol hp
Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story) - 3HKOs at worst after ToT, don't think he's even 3HKOed back. Teepo is very underwhelming as far as Godlike sluggers go.
Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Lucia (Suikoden Series) - Seriously? lolohko.

Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Does Rei even have Lightning resistance? I want to say Zapdos MDef = Death is turn three, and Zappy is likely 2HKOing.
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Zed gets 2HKOed by Eph, triggers counters and has to face his evade while not 2HKOing back. This is good for him.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) v Hugo (Suikoden III) - LEVIN AGAINST THE EVASIVE THIS IS WORKING SO WELL

Shadow Teddie (Person 4) v Zeon (Shining Force II) - Both go last, only Shadow Teddie probably scrapes a 3HKO on Zeon while avoiding a three-rounding himself - which trivializes figuring out who gets initiative in this fail-off.
Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts) - You used Hatbot to pick the matches, didn't you CK.
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - naoto against the id immune aw yeah

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - This is -not- the kind of physical fighter Luna can wall.
Shante (Arc the Lad II) v Dalton (Chrono Trigger) - Healers make Dalton very unhappy.
Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - ... yeah Hatbot.

Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) - Healing -and- magic is the kind of combination Bart just despises.
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series) - Doubles and can survive two Titania hits, I think? If he -can't-, it's quite possible Giga Drain lets him.

Light

Alenia (Suikoden V) v Nana (Grandia) - 2HKOs, isn't OHKOed back. And I have no words about saying this in a match between Punies.
Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears) - ACTUALLY CAN HIT SOMETHING.
Nei (Phantasy Star II) v Snowe (Suikoden IV) - dhyer saaaaaaaaaaaaave uuuuuuuuuuuuuus
Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) - Nina fails to 2HKO Raja with Sirocco. gj

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - EDIT: right Zhuzhen has in-game worthless status that wins him Light matches.
Sunset (Live a Live) v Janus (Valkyrie Profile) - uuuuuuuuuuh entirely depends on who goes -first-. Well, no. Janus is fairly evasive, so it should tip the fight in his favor as far as tiebreaks go. Goddamn.
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Wow.
Rude (Final Fantasy VII) v Shiki Misaki (The World Ends with You) - 3HKOer against 5HKOer, that's going so well. Fuck giving TWEWY Fusion special to lone PCs when they're so explicitly a team mechanic, to boot.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:42:39 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 02:37:51 AM »
Mentioned this in chat before, but Katrina is kind of Ubergodlike to me.  Tanky + gets insane speed + spoils ST attacks?  Yeah.  Not inclined to let her summon all 10 demons, but am inclined to give very strong support credit, considering that even when I got her into a Debilitate / Slow Down / Fragile / Decelerate / Cancel Strike loop, she still took awhile to die and certainly ate my MP.  Myria1 scaled against Agni loses in a laugher, Myria1 scaled against a normal party...  still loses, but at least it's closer.  (The fact that I cap turn-based speed at ~120% or so as far as doubles does not make Myria1 happy here as Katrina starts double & triple turning her.)

Even form-shift hype isn't good enough.  Jade is still pretty stupid tanky.

Heavy

Levin is low Godlike to me, but Hugo is kind of a nightmare matchup.

Technically no P4, but Naoto does not have a prayer if Arnaud blocks death which I'd let him do if he walks in underlevel, so gooo Arnaud.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Coin flip.  Florina is doubling and probably killing Luna in two actions.  Florina has good RES but if Luna lands that first-turn sleep, Luna wins thanks to Cascade Song making Florina nearly tink.  Hatbot says Florina.
Outslugged.  Re Judgment hype, actually, Enrique can Judgment on Turn 3....  if you're like me and think the stat topic is a tad underlevel and let Enrique get 4 SP.  He misses it by 1 SP at 3 SP (Focus-Focus-turn = 15 SP, needs 16), which means you can even squint a bit and let him have 3.5 SP or something.  Problem is that Stocke is probably 2HKOing here.  And is faster anyway, unless Judgment has initiative, which I don't think it did.
lolno

If Bart goes offense he doesn't heal lock.  If he builds a combo then Mage Tear outslugs before it goes off.

Light

Epic.

Zhuzhen's 25% added status that I never used in-game saves him.
ANIMALS HAVE NO GOD
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:41:57 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
Nei (Phantasy Star II) v Snowe (Suikoden IV) - dhyer saaaaaaaaaaaaave uuuuuuuuuuuuuus

Ugh. Since specifically asked, Snowe has about 1.03 PC HP Pdur. Nei...assuming two weapons on everyone with damage maximized, basically does ugh...51.48%. She barely misses the 2HKO. Snowe slowly chips his way to the end. Nei's dexerity is average, but no clue on the damage effect there. Shouldn't help her much though

odlike
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series)-  Look at this later
Lavos (Chrono Trigger) v Jade (Breath of Fire

Heavy
Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III)- The ID, yeah
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)- Eph. I don't think any decent Zed form is legal.
Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) v Hugo (Suikoden III)-

Shadow Teddie (Person 4) v Zeon (Shining Force II)- Zeon. Strong as fuck inclination to laugh at Shadow Teddie, who never managed to do anything remotely threatening and is all about really bad status.
Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts)- Wugui
Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)- Arnaud

Middle
Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- Florina. Strong gut.
Enrique (Skies of Arcadia) v Stocke (Radiant Historia)- Stocke
Shante (Arc the Lad II) v Dalton (Chrono Trigger)- Shante
Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- Lich

Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)- Tear has about 90% Pdur, so Bart needs about 3K to kill. His limit sucks, but...isn't TotA magic kind of slow. He'll drop some damage to halve her damage, buff, get doubles, heal. I'm mathing this out later, but I'm just not sure where the automatic kneejerks coming against him are. As a reminder, Tear's healing is 70% max (not full), and that's really damn expensive. But analysis later
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) v Lexis (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Is the ID effect based on damage? If not, Estelle can equip a shitty weapon and never risk triggering an IP.
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series)- Sceptile.

Light
Alenia (Suikoden V) v Nana (Grandia)- Nana.
Nei (Phantasy Star II) v Snowe (Suikoden IV)- Snowe. See above
Raja (Phantasy Star IV) v Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)- Raja

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)- Zhuzhen
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Mao. She's not good, but she's not Algus. Granted, not thinking about this
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 07:24:02 AM »
Been meaning to document this:
ToV Fatal Strikes are based on the number of hits using Blue, Red, or Green-typed attacks (corresponding to High, Low, and Center-aimed attacks). Birds/Insects give FSes faster to Red/Low attacks, Plants/Aquatics to Blue/High attacks, and Beasts/Magical enemies to Green/Center attacks. Humans are weak to all three, Armored-type enemies are resistant to all three.

From casual testing using single-color combos to expedite FS appearances, I got Yuri/Rita to get them in a single combo. Repede/Judy in two combos (though turn 1 if you allow their near-infinites). Raven (and sometimes Estelle's semi-random-hitnumber Holy Rain spell) in three combos, though against some enemies, it took 4.  And Karol/Estelle in 4 combos, sometimes 5.

Quick rundown:
ESTELLE:
Holy Rain usually gets a Red FS on turn 3
HighPhysical Chain-Pierce Cluster-Ray Sting for 9 hits, Blue FS on turn 4 vs. Humans/Plants/Aquatics, turn 5 vs. others

REPEDE:
Sonic Fang is a turn 1 Green FS
HiPhysicalChain-ShadowFang-ShiningFang is 18 hits, Blue FS on turn 2
LowPhysChain-PunishingFang-ShadowFangPunishment is 15 hits, Red FS on turn 3

KAROL:
HiPhysicalChain-DragonUpper-ReaperKnock for 11 hits, Blue FS on turn 4 vs Human/Plant/Aquatic, turn 5 vs others
If you allow Altered Artes to chain normally, then he has a solid turn 4 FS of all colors

RAVEN:
CenterPhysChain-Around-FallingStars for 15 hits, Green FS on turn 3 vs Humans/Beasts/Mystics, turn 4 vs others
Tempest for 12 hits, Blue FS on turn 4/5

JUDITH:
HiPhysChain-PiercingMoon-MoonGlare-LunaTalon for 20 hits, turn 2 Blue FS
Sundering Moon loop is a turn 1 Red FS

I've noticed that hits from normal physicals do not seem to contribute as much to the FS meter. I'm unsure if there's any difference between hits from a Base or Arcane Arte, but this is what I generally got against endgame randoms.

Attachment with some more data~
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:27:32 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
Yeah, if it's solely on number of hits, then Estelle equips her worst weapon. Granted, if she needs to heal, that does set her back. Buffing does get the durability to about 1.6 to both ends, so she can probably pull it off.
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »
Godlike

Kaguya Nanbu (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

Heavy

Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Does...  Ephraim actually have a way to get past Dancing Heaven?

Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - Is faster and has actual evade.  Sleep, Extend, Slow Down, Hi-Blast.  I...  Don't think the Endure saves Naoto if Arnaud can queue up the proper double.  Can't Persona skills be evaded anyway?  Sure, Naoto wins if she can get either ID to hit, but it's getting it to do so that's the problem.

Middle

Light

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - Random status connecting first works.
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I'm thinking...  Better damage/durability?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadow Hearts) - Splat.

Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series) - Hm. Might have to math this one out. Leaning towards Titania at the moment, but it's definitely close.
Edit: See the rest of this post~

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - lolstatus what.

Edit: Right. Sceptile is going to double either of Titania's forms as well as easily going first. So this will be assuming alternating turns, Sceptile starting. (If Sceptile would double-round Titania and thus get two attacks running, it probably doesn't matter, since the match should be over long before that happens.)
Now, the big problem here is that we have several forms for both Titania and Sceptile. I'll try looking at all of them to see how this works out...

Gen3/FE9: Titania is at 0.84 MDur while Sceptile's damage is 38% to average MDur, meaning 45% to Titania's MDur, assuming I'm working this out correctly. Titania's doing 41% to average PDur, so 52% to Sceptile's amazing 0.8 PDur. This means Titania's 2HKOing while Sceptile's 3HKOing, so Titania wins vs. Leaf Blade Gen 3 unless Sceptile crits in one of those two attacks.
With Giga Drain, we're looking at 33% vs. average MDur instead, so 39% to Titania, but also... right... urk. Dammit, Giga Drain, why so confusing? Looks like he heals back 20% with each one. So we have...
Sceptile [100%] : Leaf Blade (45%)
Titania [55%] : Counter (52%)
Sceptile [48%] : Giga Drain (39%)
 -- Sceptile [68%] vs Titania [16%] --
So yeah, Giga Drain lets Sceptile take that one.

So let's take a look at FE10. If Titania loses this, that's that.

Gen3/FE10: Titania's MDur is exactly the same, but the PDur rises here. Not that that matters for this form of Sceptile. However, we're also looking at 48% to average PDur, so 60% to Sceptile.
Sceptile [100%] : Leaf Blade (45%)
Titania [55%] : Counter (60%)
Sceptile [40%] : Giga Drain (39%)
 -- Sceptile [60%] vs Titania [16%] --
...Heh. Titania just gets the KO there. So FE10 > Gen3 > FE9. Let's try Gen 4.

Gen4/FE10: Sceptile's definitely taking the SpAtk approach here, with Energy Ball/Giga Drain and Titania's higher PDur. Energy Ball is 36% to average MDur... Actually, what. Damage average is higher, everything else stays the same in Gen 4, so... right, wait, Leaf Storm/Frenzy Plant exist. Alright then, why not...
Sceptile [100%] : Energy Ball (36%)
Titania [64%] : Counter (60%)
Sceptile [40%] : Giga Drain (27%)
 -- Sceptile [53%] vs Titania [37%] --
So this is where Titania would kill, so let's check what happens if that Giga Drain is replaced with Frenzy Plant...
Sceptile [100%] : Energy Ball (36%)
Titania [64%] : Counter (60%)
Sceptile [40%] : Frenzy Plant (78%)
Yeah, that's that. Gen4 Sceptile gets the win over Titania, so... voted~
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:37:32 PM by Yoshiken »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 05:16:17 AM »
Godlike:

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) v Myria (Breath of Fire Series) - Respect

Teepo (Breath of Fire III) v Indalecio (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- Respect

Might be able to vote on these two battles soon if I hurry up and complete BoFIII this weekend =-)

Heavy

Zapdos (Pokémon) v Rei (Breath of Fire III) - Abstain till I find out about lightning resists.

Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - Still not sure how I feel about Black Market equips but ... no status blockers for Arnaud? No status blockers for Naoto either (always been kind of on the fence about that and rare/rainy day equips for P4 too >.>) <.< Gloves off!

Middle

Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- =-(

Light

Alenia (Suikoden V) v Nana (Grandia)- Ewww!

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) v Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Super is just mean to kitties!~
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:54:46 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »
Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - Still not sure how I feel about Black Market equips but ... no status blockers for Arnaud? No status blockers for Naoto either (always been kind of on the fence about that and rare/rainy day equips for P4 too >.>) <.< Gloves off!

Not sure how disallowing either remotely helps Arnaud. Naoto's strategy depends on Arnaud being susceptible to her only real attack, and none of her status blockers apply to his status anyways. Since it's likely that her status is turn 2 and she's basically about the same speed turn 1, Arnaud basically needs to pray that he can keep her asleep without her ever getting another turn before he kills her (Which...she does start at something like 75% evasion, which Arnaud's everything is susceptible to). Seems very unlikely.
...into the nightfall.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 06:12:06 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)
v Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Heavy

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
v Luna Noa (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)

Light

Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears)- Trollbot.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:14:18 AM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:16 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)
v Myria (Breath of Fire Series)

Heavy

Vulcanus (Disgaea: Hour of Darkness) v Strawman (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) - I don't remember, but don't Dis bosses have status holes?

Middle

Lich (Final Fantasy) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - lame, should I vote on MF6 Virginia?

Light

[/quote]

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 07:37:18 AM »
Well you could, but no one nommed MF6 Ginny.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »
Godlike
Arceus (Pokémon) v Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Very strong kneejerk

Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Velius (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I'm not sure he even makes it past the auras >_>

Heavy
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Zed's best bet is going straight for the ID. Problem: he's likely eating two attacks and if he's going for the ID, he needs to attack for FP which also means counters. Adding all this up + his ID being evadable = loooooooooooooooooooooool

Princess Toadstool (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) v Wugui (Shadorrw Hearts) - Can't block Game of Death
Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) v Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - I do allow the ID blocker; he would want it anyway at a 8 level penalty in this fight. Neither really win on damage, but lucky for Arnaud he's got more tricks up his sleeves.

Middle
Bartholemew Fatima (Xenogears) v Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) - Oh Bart. You so silly.
Sceptile (Pokémon) v Titania (Fire Emblem Series) - The only fight that requires more than a few seconds to think on. FE10 form definitely makes this a lot closer. Kneejerk.

Light
Euram (Suikoden V) v Big Joe (Xenogears) - BIG JOE IS OK. AUTO WIN.

Banon (Final Fantasy VI) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) -
right Zhuzhen has in-game worthless status that wins him Light matches.
CURSE YOU ELFBOY!
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
Zed (Wild ARMs) v Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Zed's best bet is going straight for the ID. Problem: he's likely eating two attacks and if he's going for the ID, he needs to attack for FP which also means counters. Adding all this up + his ID being evadable = loooooooooooooooooooooool

Is Zed's ID success based on his FP% or something?  Otherwise, Zed's pretty safe.

Looking over what I can understand from the stat topic, Ephraim has 38.5 Damage to an average of 25.2, giving him 153% Average damage.  Zed has 2136 HP to an average of 1467 for around 145% average HP, which is then a PC HP of....  364% before defense?  Not sure how to label that, but Zed has to be 3HKOed instead of 2HKOed.  Zed is also faster (Second-fastest PC in a party with Jane is still not bad), so he's not getting doubled by Ephraim's barely-higher-than-average SPD, not to mention Zed is going first.

That means that Zed gets two chances to pull off Dancing Heaven...  Not that he should need more than one, as Dancing Heaven is 6 separate hits of 37.5% ID, so Ephraim would need to dodge 4 or more hits to push the ID from that to turn 2.  Also granted that Zed has two shots of this.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:15:02 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
Godlike

Myria
Lady
Zophar

Ashera
Jade
Indalecio
Sora - Even he is not allowed fusions, I think he takes this easy.

Heavy

Rei
Zed
Hugo
Isaac

Teddie
Peach
Arnaud

Middle

Florina
Dalton
Lich

Prier
Bart
Estella
Titania

Light

Alenia
Big Joe
Snowe
Nina

Zhuzhen

"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
Magic: I believe Dhyer theorised that Dancing Heaven's hit rate is lower than 37.5% due to running into some sort of enemy resistance (certainly this is how WA often does things)? Not sure myself. I agree that if it's 37.5%, then that form of Zed should win.

(Although to those of us who either haven't played ACF or, as is my case, vote on the maingame/forced boss form over the aftergame/optional PC form, the match goes the other direction.)

Djinn: Since I apparently only want to comment on matches which are already clearly decided by the votes, I'm curious: what argument does Velius have to beat Ashera?

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 03:03:39 AM »
Djinn: Since I apparently only want to comment on matches which are already clearly decided by the votes, I'm curious: what argument does Velius have to beat Ashera?

I generally allow FFT Zodiac demons to formchain, and I kneejerked that Wiegraf-Velius formchain was enough. Though honestly I haven't thought too hard about it since it was already pretty much decided.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:59 AM »
The formchain generally doesn't do much for Velius, in all honesty: Wiegraf himself just 2HKOs (and not a great 2HKO either) and 300~ or so HP at that point in FFT with no augments at all is pretty bad. Dunno how that translates to beating Ashera, but it's not much of a deal at all in a division like Godlike.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
Magic: I believe Dhyer theorised that Dancing Heaven's hit rate is lower than 37.5% due to running into some sort of enemy resistance (certainly this is how WA often does things)? Not sure myself. I agree that if it's 37.5%, then that form of Zed should win.

It's hard to say.  SI's guide doesn't list anything separate for Zed's Dancing Heaven, so if it has a lower hit rate, it's entirely possible that Zed's Luck went down during battle/testing (being ambushed hurts your luck rating, and there's nothing you can do about it).  Since the chances of Dancing Heaven's success is tied so heavily to his luck, it's possible.  Hell, even giving characters Good luck on average (Tiny Flowers aren't common, but there's at least some in the game) boosts the chance from 37.5% to 50%.