Author Topic: Shachou Eiyuuden - Eagle Shooting Heroes  (Read 2641 times)

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
Shachou Eiyuuden - Eagle Shooting Heroes
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
Another game that does not translate to the DL well, another stat topic by Tide. Shock. Horror. Surprise!

For the 5 of you that played this game, I really don't need much of an introduction for this game. For the rest of you, Eagle Shooting Heroes is a RPG for the PSX that was based off Louis Cha's famous Chinese Wuxia novels. The game basically goes through all three parts of the first story in the Condor trilogy. As a game, it is pretty much stock RPG and had it's own share of issues (the polish for one...). However! the voice acting is top notch and the game's story isn't too bad since its based off the famous novel. Still some discrepancies, but serviceable and definitely worth a read. If you like a little interactivity with your reading, then this is a fun fodder type game. Not very much recommended otherwise.

Battle System - aka How this game works in the DL
In simple terms, rock paper scissors. The entire game's combat engine revolves around the trinity between the three move categories, each of which beats but also loses to another. The three categories are as follow:

- Wai Gong or Outer Strength. This is basically physical attacks such as swords or palm strikes
- Nyoi Gong or Inner Strength. Attacks of this category are often either distance types or rely on Chi
- Qing Gong or "Light weighted-ness" Strength. For the purpose of this topic, we will call it Agility (not an actual speed stat!). These attacks involve the attacker often leaping straight at the opponent or running in quickly to strike before the enemy can retaliate.

There's also a fourth type - Healing (coloured green). However, it loses to all types of attacks. The on benefit they have though is that the healing tech will go off first. The attacker has a guaranteed 100% chance of hitting with their selected attack.

The triangle works as follows -  Outer Strength < Inner Strength < Agility < Outer Strength. In game, they are represented by the colours red, yellow and blue respectively. If two attacks are of the same colour, then the character with the higher attacking power will win the trade in the case of yellow and blue ties. Red ties are different in that the two opponents will have an uneven exchange of attacks, up to a maximum of three strikes in total. Mashing seems to improve the player's chances of scoring a hit, though for DL purposes, this is irrelevant.

Overall, this means there are a few ways you can view the system DL wise. Most physical attacks are obviously Red attacks. Ranged attacks/Magic attacks are likely Yellow attacks. As for blue attacks, Trancey and I discussed this briefly and we came to the conclusion that attacks that have priority are probably Blue. This works in a turn based setting (which the game itself is); so Quick Attack = probably Blue, but something like Assault Buster won't. Converting this into CTB is a pain in the rear which I haven't thought out yet. So the other alternative is to just throw this whole rock/paper/scissors thing out the window and call it a day. Something tells me this game isn't really DL rankable :o

There are also passive skills and skill transformations (which Trancey will hopefully be able to get for me), but outside of a few specific skills, most of them are storebought, so they aren't unique. Also, the game is full of temps. The only character who you can consistently control for most of the game is Guo Jing. As such, expect this topic to be a giant WIP as we trudge through and deduce stats of other characters and what not.

And STATS!

Wai Gong (HP): Now referred to as HP because that is what it is >_>. When this goes to 0, you've just been owned, son.
Nyoi Gong (SP): Now referred to as SP. Used for all Special/Yellow type attacks.
Qing Gong (AP): Now referred to as AP. Used for all Agility/Blue type attacks.
Attack Power: Default Attack Power of the character. This + technique power = total battle power for that current turn
Defense Power: Default Defense Power of the character. This + technique defense = total defensive power for that current turn

An important note regarding techniques; they power up after repeated use. How many times I'm not sure, but it is safe to say that unless you grind excessively (and I mean excessively, like borderline OK crazy), you're not getting the skills to level 10. Temps are better in that their skills have fixed levels. As for the two main characters...well, you'll just have to go with what I had at end game (right before the final set of fights). I assure you that I used the better skills for the most part anyway, so they're relatively powered up based on how good and available they were.

CHARACTERS

Guo Jing
Level 43

HP: 470
SP: 420
AP: 230
Atk Pow: 195
Def Pow: 195

Techniques:
Kung Shou Duo Bai Ren (Barehanded Disarming Skill) - Technique level 5, adds 23 Power, 14 Defense
Yue Nu Jian Fa (Maiden Swordplay) - Technique level 2, adds 17 power, 10 Defense. Maiden Sword is required.
Miao Shou Kung Kung (Empty Miracle Hand) - Technique level 6, adds 18 Power, 14 Defense. Can Steal items.
Kung Ming Quan (Vacant Fist) - Technique level 5, adds 46 Power, 40 Defense

Liu Xin Jian (Astral Arrow) - Technique level 8. Consumes 10 SP. Adds 35 Power, 24 Defense. Requires a Bow and Arrow.
Tian Gang Bei Dou Zhen (Big Dipper Formation) - Technique level 1. Consumes 30 SP. Requires the Maiden Sword and Huang Rong to be in the party.  Adds 30 Power, 18 Defense.
Han Long Shi Ba Zhang (18 subduing dragon palms) - Technique level 5. Consumes 40 SP. Adds 49 Power, 38 Defense.
Jiou Yin Zhen Gong (True Nine Yin Skill) - Technique level 1, Consumes 40 SP. Adds 40 Power, 29 Defense.

Fan Gun Shun Bi (Parallel Lines of Judgment) - Technique level 4. Consumes 10 AP. Adds 14 Power, 18 Defense. Requires a metal fan. Can stun enemies.
Yi Yang Zhi (One Yang Finger) - Technique level 2. Consumes 40 AP. Adds 40 Power, 29 Defense. Can stun enemies.

Zhi Xin Zhi (Heart Limiter) - Technique level 1. Consumes 20 SP. Adds 56 defense, heals HP.

Passive Skills:
- Iron Wall
- Perseverance
- Loudmouth
- Meditation OR Diplomat (for those of you that allow RUNNING as a form of winning).

Comments:
See below for all other skill effects. Note that Guo Jing has received a fair deal of stat boosters to his HP, SP and AP pools. You may consider subtracting 50 points from each. Personally, I think it is pretty justified to use it on him since he's the only character who doesn't leave your control like ever. YMMV. However, his level edge is a definitive advantage in-game as you get to use him a lot more than anyone else, so I wouldn't deduct that away from him.

Well what else to say? Guo Jing is pretty good. He dabbles in a little of everything, has a couple of unique skills and he's definitely the harder hitting of the two main characters. My kneejerk is to say he's probably some form of Heavy. This is especially true if you interpret this game with the rock-paper-scissors system intact, since Guo Jing has a *ton* of SP and can fall back on Astral Arrow instead of the more expensive Dragon Palms against anyone without some form of ranged/magic option. Past that, I'm expecting him to be on the upper spectrum as far as damage goes (some of the temps are terrible) so his performance should be solid. But we shall see once I dabble more into this game.

Huang Rong
Level 34

HP: 335
SP: 220
AP: 280
Atk Pow: 174
Def Pow: 174

Techniques:

Passive Skills:
- Lullaby

Comments:

And with that, more later! You know now about this game. CANNOT UNKNOW.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:01:12 PM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
Re: Shachou Eiyuuden - Eagle Shooting Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:25:01 PM »
List of Passive

As Tide mentioned, the list of passive skills in this game are mostly storebought or received from treasure chests. However, some of them are also unique to the two characters in your final party, Guo Jing (who you always control) and Huang Rong (who you don't always control). These two characters are distinct from the temps in that the temps never gain EXP, so they are stuck at that particular level and are stuck with their particular stats. Also, it should be noted that certain passives can upgrade to much more useful skills once their proficiency reaches Lv8. These will be denoted with an asterisk (*)

Storebought/Treasure Skills
Play Dead - Allows the user to escape battle (Useless in the DL)
Hunger* - The user starts the battle POIZN'd
Peppered* - Does nothing
Butterfingers* - When the user uses an item, it is entirely consumed no matter how many items were left.
Scatterbrained* - The user's ATK becomes 0
Sleepy-head* - The user starts the battle asleep
Antidote - Cures one of POIZN
Short-tempered - Slightly(?) reduces DEF
Taunt - Decrease enemy's DEF

Unique Skills
Drink Beer* (Guo Jing) - Slightly(?) reduces ATK
Diplomat (Guo Jing) - Make the enemy run away upon attacking (?%)
Powerful Strike (Guo Jing) - The user's ATK and DEF is raised, triggers upon using an Outer Strength attack (20%)
Supersonic (Guo Jing) - The user's ATK and DEF is raised, triggers upon using an Agility attack (20%)
Meditation (Guo Jing) - The user's ATK and DEF is raised, triggers upon using an Inner Strength attack (20%)
Loudmouth (Guo Jing) - Decreases enemy's ATK
Cheer (Huang Rong) - Increases the ally's ATK and DEF (Useless in duels)
Lullaby (Huang Rong) - Makes the enemy's ATK 0 for that turn

Powered Skills
Satiated (from Hunger) - ATK is greatly raised
Iron Wall (from Drink Beer) - Become immune to physicals I assume for the turn it is used (!!!)
Awakened (from Sleepy-head) - Gain more EXP after a battle
Scavenger (from Butterfingers) - Gain more money after a battle
Memory (from Scatterbrained) - When using either an Inner Strength or an Agility attack, there is a chance it will not consume any Inner Strength or Agility points.
Perseverance (from Peppered) - Recovers Outer Strength, Inner Strength, and Agility points Unique to Guo Jing(?)
Careful (from Short-tempered) - DEF is greatly raised
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
Re: Shachou Eiyuuden - Eagle Shooting Heroes
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:35 AM »
Just dumping a little bit of relevant enemy data for a Tides but he needs to get the relevant numbers. >:|

Ou Yang Ke 1
HP: 200
SP: 100
AP: 100
ATK: ?
DEF: ?

Ling She Quan (Toad Boxing) -

Kun Lun Shen Quan (Kunlun God Fist) -

Ou Yang Feng 1
HP: 500
SP: 400
AP: 400
ATK: 268
DEF: 234

Da Li Jin Gang (Vigorous Vajra) - High-powered.

Xi Xing Dai Fa (Star-Inhaling Method) - Parasitic, iirc? I forget

Kun Lun Shen Zhang (Kunlun God Hand) - High-powered.

Actually, Ou Yang Feng 1 is, for all intents and purposes, an unwinnable boss fight. His ATK and DEF if I remember are almost always significantly higher than yours by a good margin, and even if you could deal some damage to him, he has Star-Inhaling Method to heal himself and hurt you. Plus you aren't all that durable compared to him either.

Yang Kang 1
HP: 300
SP: 200
AP: 200
ATK: 218
DEF: 168

Luo Han Fu Hu Quan (Arhat's Tiger Subduing Fist) -

Shuang Zhang Yi Shan (Twin-Palm Mountain Mover) -

Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhua (Nine Yin White Bone Claw) -
Fei Jin Piao (Flying Golden Ticket) -

Yang Kang 2 fought with Huang Yaoshi and Ou Yang Ke 2
SP: 200
AP: 200
ATK: 212
DEF: 166

Luo Han Fu Hu Quan (Arhat's Tiger Subduing Fist) -

Shuang Zhang Yi Shan (Twin-Palm Mountain Mover) -

Jiu Yin Bai Gu Zhua (Nine Yin White Bone Claw) -
Fei Jin Piao (Flying Golden Ticket) -

Huang Yaoshi fought with Yang Kang 2 and Ou Yang Ke 2
HP: 300
SP: 300
AP: 300
ATK: 222
DEF: 183

Qi Men Wu Zhuan (Five Revolution Strange Gates) -

Tou Gu Da Xue Fa (Bone-Penetrating Force Skill) -

Dan Zhi Shen Tong (Magical Bullet Finger) -
Bi Hai Chao Sheng Qu (Song of Life-giving Jade Tides) -

Ou Yang Ke 2 Fights with Yang Kang 2 and Huang Yaoshi
SP: 100
AP: 100
ATK: 172
DEF: 162

Ling She Quan (Toad Boxing) -

Kun Lun Shen Quan (Kunlun God Fist) -
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.