Register

Author Topic: Atelier Rorona  (Read 2484 times)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Atelier Rorona
« on: December 27, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

- Level taken at 45

- Stats:
HP: Lose these and you spend X days travelling back to Arland
Atk: Increases damage done by attacks/skills.
Def: Decreases damage done by enemy attacks. This doesn't seem to be too big, and buffing this is completely worthless as it doesn't work right.
Spd: Determines the turn order. Each action is decided at the actual turn, so only matters for iniaitive (or lapping someone if it is altered mid-battle)

- Skills in this game utilize no MP/SP pool, instead draining HP by a certain cost to use. These HP gains tend to be miniscule as long as the high level abilities aren't used (and they won't be in a DL setting), and I didn't have the good sense to note the costs when doing the topic, so I'm ignoring them for now.

- Skills come in several 'tiers'. Each PC has two 'base' skills that can always be used. Higher 'tiers' of those base skills require the 'field element' requirement to be met (after which they are perfectly spammable). When an elemental skill (or elemental item) is used, it adjusts the "Field Element" towards the type of the used skill. There are two separate gauges, Fire/Ice and Wind/Earth. These gauges have 5 'levels' in each direction. If a skill adds 1 Fire gauge, and the field is at 2 Ice, then it will be moved towards fire and become 1 Ice.  Field element ALWAYS starts at 0 Fire/Water and 0 Earth/Wind. Note that enemy skills can alter the field element. (it is worth noting that certain traits on weapons/armor can bypass the field element requirement, but it is rather difficult to figure this system out)

- When it comes to usable items, I made sure that the good 'traits' were on them. This is easy come endgame when the game throws thousands of awesome traits on many many types of items. (Boost Quality+3, etc...). All items are storebought after they've been made.

- For buff effects, only one of anything that is a 'special' effect (damage/status immunity, etc...) can be active at a time. Max HP alteration and stat buffs can be added on to this, and any alterations to these *overwrite* previous alterations (rather than stacking).

- I took the Rune Stone to be the default accessory for everyone. It states that it 'reduces status odds', but I'm pretty sure that it just grants immunity, based on what I've seen. Rorona/Lionela/Tantris/Iksel can get ID immunity by sacrificing 10 Speed and a few points of defense with an alternate armor. There are some elemental resistances but they tend to suck. I may include them in a later revision.

Averages up top:
HP: 362
Atk: 263
Def: 290
Spd: 231.14 (stdev 30.07)
Damage: 1382

Rorolina Frixell: "There is a hole in my heart that can only be filled with Pie!"
HP: 313 (86%)
Atk: 224
Def: 297
Spd: 223 (-0.27 Stdev)

Equipment:
Seven Star Staff (+51 Atk, +10 Def, +30 Spd, Unbroken Spirit)
Heroic Cape ( 87 Def, 10 Atk, 10 Spd)
Rune Stone: (Resist Status)

Passive Abilities:
Detect Danger: 20% evasion
Bad Luck: +25% to skill activation when in Critical. Won't ever matter.
Unbroken Spirit: Chance to avoid fatal damage. Isn't very good.

Attack/Specials: Who cares

Items: (100 item spots for these)
Tera Bomb: 43000 Fire damage.
Bomb Ice: 7500 Ice damage
Lightning Bomb: 5000 Wind damage.
Globe: 10000 Earth damage.
Meteor: 9600 Non-Elemental damage. 4 uses. (Damage directly proportional to CHP/MHP)
Mysterious Ankh: Adds 391 to Current and Max HP. +315 Speed. Permanent.
Shelper Horn (Version 1): Reduce All incoming damage to 1. Permanent.
Shelper Horn (Version 2): Negate incoming status attacks.
Elixer: 1400 healing. Resurrects and cures all status ailments. Automatically used when Rorona suffers any damage.

Comments: Rorona Frixell would break the damage curve horribly even if you considered her third or fourth best item. As is, she annihilates it with the force of a supernova. She also automatically heals from all damage that isn't outright fatal, even in the face of double-acting enemies and so on. And if she gets a turn but can't OHKO some pesky formchain boss or something, she can reduce all damage to 1 or more than double her max HP while guaranteeing that she subsequently laps the enemy. (funny note. She had what should have been a unique accessory that would have put her on the right side of both the speed AND HP curves, while reducing all incoming damage. But because of GUST PROGRAMMING she can't actually equip it. Feel free to laugh now). The Alchemist of Arland isn't too hard to stop in her rightful division, but she still is a decent Godlike.

Cordelia von Feurbach: "It's not like I was worried about you or anything..."
HP: 298 (82%)
Atk: 250
Def: 272
Spd: 251 (+0.66 stdev)

Equipment:
CSP

Passive Abilities:
Bird Busting: 2x damage to birds
Striking Girl: 25% critical hit rate (2x damage)

Attack: 469 damage.
Call Servants: 994 damage.
0 Derringer: 695 Fire damage. (+2/3rds Fire Gauge)
(Poke me if you want more of Cory's skills which she will never get to use!)

Comments: Cory sucks. Really, I'm not sure what else I can say about her. Oh wait. She has a cool coat. I'm sure that will let her stand out down in Light.

Iksel Jahnn: "Want something to eat?"
HP: 392 (108%)
Atk: 253
Def: 313
Spd: 212 (-0.64 stdev)

Equipment:
Three Star Plate

Passive Abilities:
Tasty Eats: Regenerate 20 HP/turn.
Puni Busting: 2x damage to Punis (slimes)

Attack: 509 damage
Slam: 1146 Earth damage (+2/3rds Earth gauge)
My Special: 52 healing
Special Dessert: (requires 2 Earth gauges) 181 healing.
Brain Shaker (Tier 1 Earth, +1 Earth gauge): 1146 Earth damage + low odds of sleep.

Comments: His damage isn't terribly good, and he tends to lose the first turn. Durability is okay but that's pretty much all Iksey has going for him. Decentish Light I suppose. If he gets to his fourth turn he has decent infinite healing!

Sterkenburg Cranach: "Being a knight isn't as cool as in storybooks" ;_;
HP: 451 (125%)
Atk: 279
Def: 319
Spd: 202 (-0.97 stdev)

Equipment:
Eternal Sword

Passive Abilities:
Inner Flame: Increases damage to strong enemies (i.e. endgame). Already factored.
Demon Beast Busting: Pwns Griffons

Attack: 691 damage
Aedel Strike: 1750 Wind damage (+2/3rds Wind gauge)
Cross ride: 961 damage to a row.
(Sterk doesn't care about his other skills. See also: Aedel Strike)

Comments: Good deal of HP, and good damage. Tends to lose the first turn but he is a manly man and can take the subsequent hit. Middle.

Lionela Heinze: "People called me a witch... and other, rhyming words."
HP: 325 (90%)
Atk: 284
Def: 266
Spd: 201 (-1.0 stdev)

Equipment:
Gold Bracelet

Passive Abilities:
Sixth Sense: 20% evasion
Great Nature: + elemental damage based on field element (this isn't clear)

Attack: 567 damage
Horoholo magic: 1438 Ice damage (+1 Ice Gauge)
Aranya Heal: 55 healing (+2/3rds Ice gauge)
Aranya Recovery (Requires 1 Ice gauge): 210 healing, Revives.
Horoholo Freeze (Requires 1 Ice Gauge): 1753 Ice damage (+1.2 Ice gauges)
Psionic Doll (Requires and Consumes 5 Ice gagues): 2850 damage, MT.

Comments: Liona has decent damage and on turn 2 can get access to infinite healing that doesn't suck. Problem is, she won't usually get to take advantage of that second turn. Light.

Tantris (Tristan Alcock): "Ah, such a beautiful flower."
HP: 350 (97%)
Atk: 253
Def: 278
Spd: 281 (+1.66 stdev)

Equipment: Risky Gauntlet

Passive Abilities:
Manly Motivation: Becomes stronger when fighting with women.
Lizard Busting: Double damage to Lizards.

Attack: 610 damage
Gorgeous Slash: 1418 Earth damage (+2/3rds Earth Gauge)
Battle Song: +25 Atk, MT. (22% damage increase)
Healing Lullaby (Requires 1 Earth gauge): 17 healing. Adds 17 regen.

Comments: BEHOLD THE POWER OF ROCK! I mean that in the sense that he deals earth damage, as that and his ability to get the jump on most people defines him. He isn't too good but he makes a decent enough Light/Middle blitzer.

Gio: "This is a man's job."
HP: 405 (112%
Atk: 302
Def: 283
Spd: 248 (+0.56 stdev)

Equipment:
King's Staff

Passive Abilities:
King's Blood: Damage up vs. Bosses
Abandon: 20% evasion.
Villain Busting: Double damage vs bandits (COULD be construed as humans in general)

Attack: 580 damage.
Strike: 1583 damage
Flashing wind: 985 Wind damage (+1 Wind Gauge)

Comments: Decent speed, durability, and damage. If you view "Villain Busting" as nailing all humans then I suppose you can move him up to Heavy, but as is I'd peg him as a Middle.

Averages:

HP: 362
Atk: 263
Def: 290
Spd: 231.14 (stdev 30.07)

Damage: 1382 (8318 with Rorona)
(Rorona: 43000)
Sterk: 1750
Gio: 1583
Liona: 1438
Iksel: 1146
Cory: 994