Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep  (Read 1991 times)

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:38:37 AM »
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Stats:
HP: Lose these, and the universe breaks down because this is a prequel and we know that the game MUST have been won.
FP: Focus Points. This is just a 0-100 gauge that is used for Shotlock powers. This starts at 100 and is restored anytime you leave/re-enter a world (which you can do at any save point)
Def: Reduces damage. Everyone is equal so our three mains are all average. This serves as both physical and magical defense.
Atk: Used for physical offense. Physicals also have a tendency to critical a lot.
Mag: Used for magic offense. Magic does not crit.

Some discussion:
The three leads, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all have selectable skillsets from a large pool of moves. They have 8 'slots' to fill up with moves, and moves take either 1 slot or 2 slots for powerful skills. For the purposes of a DL format, I've only allowed unique/starting skills, or skills which one person finds in a treasure chest but the other two would have to go through a complex synthesis process to get. I allow however many duplicates of a skill the character wants, because I don't want this to be more complex than it has to be.

Every move has a recharge timer associated with it where it requires X seconds to pass before (that instance of) the skill can be used again. I consider the Haste abilities default on everyone so that I can just consider it a non-factor (and with as many duplicates of a skill as they want, it is anyway). I also included the HP plus skills, because hey it's a percentage and doesn't do anything anyway.

Seperate from the movelists above is a special command called "Shotlock". This ability utilizes the Focus gauge and locks onto targets before executing a very powerful attack on one or more foes. Like normal moves, I am only allowing unique commands aquirable in the maingame for this. There are unique Shotlocks available at max level in the arena but it takes eternity and a day of grinding through arena matches to ever see those so screw em. It only would really help Terra anyway, who isn't relying on damage to win matches. Shotlocks take about ~40 Focus to get max lock-on (and thus trigger the extensions and thus do the amazing damage). FP is restored through attacking (2 per hit), so one fully unleahsed ulitmate 'normal' command is generally enough to refill your gauge for another Shotlock attack. All Shotlocks are physical, although they don't actuall have the 'physical' tag. Just for reference, I included in brackets [] the "ragnarok" Shotlock for Ventus/Terra, if you want to allow it for them. It is acquired via the Command Board.

BBS uses an elemental system. Physical, Fire/Ice/Wind/Dark, and Null. Physical is actually it's own element, and some attacks that are based on the Atk stat are classed as something other than Physical.

I took enemy defense to be 13. I can't *see* it to gauge very well, but this is probably weaker than bosses/stronger than randoms. Works.

Status: Unless stated otherwise, all status is 100% accurate and always works on everything that isn't explicitly immune. It is also group-target as opposed to applied to a specific target(BBS status is amazing)

Critical rates are frequent and attacks are multi-hit, so I'm just factoring them straight into damage. Reverse-engineer it if you want to figure out what damage is without them.

There are also Friend-links, which fully heal the user on activation and change skillset/grant some passive skills. These have a habit of being unavailable for arena fights and big important plot battles, and are common to all three so I'm ignoring them. In addition there are Command Style changes, which alter what kind of base physical you have, and Finishers, which have slightly higher mults than normal attacks. These are inferior to the best Commands so I'm ignoring them.

Averages up top:
HP: 136.5
Def: 21 (everyone has this)
Atk: 26
Mag: 21.67
Three turn damage average: 951 [1173 if Ragnarok is allowed for Terra/Ven]
2.5x Kill point: 2379 [2934 with Ragnarok]

WARNING: big pictures [/OK]

Master (except not really) Terra:
HP: 143
Def: 21
Atk: 21 (31)
Mag: 17 (15)
Keyblade: Chaos Ripper (+10 Atk, -2 Mag, 25% crit rate, 1.5x crits)

Commands:
Attack: 81 damage over 4 hits.

Zantetsuken: 93 damage. 75% chance of Instant Death. Has a bit of a charge time to it but not something I would consider a turn or anything.
Ars Solum: 604 damage.
Dark Haze: 67 damage. 60% chance of adding Doom (kills in about a turn).

Dark Firaga: 13.8 fire damage, adds Dark status 100% (makes enemies unable to attack in the right direction)
Meteor: 330 magic damage (this is with a magic-specific keyblade, if for some reason Terra ever needs to utliize magic damage...)

Shotlock:
Terra has no legal shotlock more powerful than Ars Solum in this format.
[Ragnarok: 1397 non-elemental damage.]

Comments: Open your heart to DARKNESS! ZANTETSUKEN! Yeah Terra is pretty straightforward. He just hopes the target doesn't immue Instant Death. Dark and Doom back him up though. A Middle/Heavy Terra may want his boss form from... oh name a Kingdom Hearts game

Ventus no-I-am-not-Sora-even-though-I-look-exactly-like-him:
HP: 123
Atk: 24
Mag: 24
Keyblade: Lost Memory (+6 Str, +5 Mag, 75% crit rate, 1.5x crits)

Commands:
Attack: 81 damage over 4 hits.

Ars Arcanum: 548 damage over a plethora of hits.
Salvation: 153 damage. Heals 90% of max HP. Bit of a windup but not enough to care. The attack hits an area. Non-elemental.
Tornado Strike: 208 damage. Wind elemental. 50% chance of stunning for ~1 turn. Area attack.

Mini: Makes enemies tiny and unable to deal damage. Can force a mini lock with this.
Faith: 107 non-elemental magic damage. Fully restores HP. This is instant and multi-target. Quite nasty.

Shotlock:
Pulse Bomb: 836 Lightning damage. (40 Force points used).
[Ragnarok: 1043 non-elemental damage]

Comments: He may not be his darker-haired counterpart, but Ventus is not bad at all. He isn't too durable or damaging, but who cares when you can Mini PCs to win and abuse that fullheal+damage against whatever that doesn't work on? Pretty nice package. Between a fairly uncommon winning status strategy and the eternal parasitic healing I'd peg him as a Heavy. I guess being a kid makes him have a lower HP score than Terra and Aqua, though you'd think a girl with Aqua's frame would be similar...

Master Aqua:
HP: 143
Atk: 23
Mag: 26
Keyblade: Brightcrest (+4 str, +7 mag, 75% crit rate, 1.5x crits)

Commands:
Attack: 55 damage over 4 hits

Time Splicer: 742 physical damage over a massive number of hits. At the beginning of the attack the enemy is inflicted with Stop and this lasts until the end of the attack. Once the attack ends, the enemy is stunned and thus can be locked with another Time Splicer ad infinitum, as long as they are vulnerable to Stop.

Seeker Mine: 187 non-elemental magic damage in 4 hits. Each hit has a 50% chance of stunning a target for 7 seconds, which is long enough to use this skill twice again. That means anything hit by the initial Stun (94% chance) is basically dead.

Raging Storm: 1072 fire magic damage over a whole lot of hits. (this move cloaks Aqua in flames/wind and allows her to move into enemies and hitstun/hurt them)

Shotlock:
Prism Rain: 1729 thunder damage over a plethora of kaleidoscope hits. (40 Force points used)

Comments: Kick ass while looking really really good. That is Aqua's MO and she pulls it off fantastically. Prism Rain is similarly beautiful and deadly. Besides that Aqua has Time Splicer for more kickass style/Stop-ownage, and Seeker Mine to destroy the Stun vulnerable. No healing so the girl is all about offense, but she does that pretty dang well. Heavy.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:41:36 PM by Pyro »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:02 AM »
Hm. Did you do test for all the unique skills/save the data from those tests?  I'm curious just from a comparative in-game use standpoint.

Oh, and any idea how "Ven CRUSH puny Unversed" damage is calculated?
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:52:08 AM »
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943347-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep/faqs/60066

I did some sanity checks on this in generaly, but it seemed about right. Things that were supposed to be twice as strong did twice as much damage, etc...